PDA

View Full Version : Well, I thought McCoy was staying.

Diocletian
11-28-2008, 02:09 PM
LINK:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3731413

Sounds like he's getting those dollar signs in his head..

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2008, 02:17 PM
He is getting a scouting report nothing more..very common not for dollar signs but so he can get a what he needs to work on his senior year report

BreckTxLonghorn
11-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
LINK:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3731413

Sounds like he's getting those dollar signs in his head..

You'll be seeing this a lot more, now that Matt Leinart's saga has happened.

Remember Leinart? He won the Heisman and NC his junior year and was the absolute no.1 prospect going in. San Francisco did everything but say he'd be there pick, and California was salivating for him to stay in state and have marketing deals galore. He wanted a second Heisman though to drive up his value, and absolutely knew he'd get another Championship as well.

Well, in case you all don't remember :D , Leinart ended being outshined all year by Reggie Bush and Vince Young, ended up 3rd in the Heisman, didn't even win the Maxwell award and was outplayed in the NC game versus Texas. His draft stock dropped from 1 to 9, losing him MILLIONS. In the process he lost all those lucrative marketing deals awaiting him in the Los Angeles area, and had to fight Kurt Warner for a starting job, which he eventually lost.

As much as I think Colt needs to stay a year to further develop himself (and I think the NFL advisory committee will say the same thing), it's understandable for him to look. The ultimate goal of college is to find a job that you love and keeps you financially happy. He's just looking out for himself. It sucks, but it's understandable.

Diocletian
11-28-2008, 02:21 PM
I seem to remember VY saying he would stay, then eventualy changed his mind. It's the $$$ that's got everyone's drive right now.

I bet he makes a decision to leave. If he waits till next year, he might be drafted along side some even better talent.

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2008, 02:24 PM
I seem to remember VY saying he would stay, then eventualy changed his mind. It's the $$$ that's got everyone's drive right now.

I bet he makes a decision to leave. If he waits till next year, he might be drafted along side some even better talent.

I dont think McCoy is a top 5 pick if he leaves now like Young was going to be

Diocletian
11-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont think McCoy is a top 5 pick if he leaves now like Young was going to be

You don't think Detroit would take him?

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2008, 02:29 PM
You don't think Detroit would take him?

Well detroit might..cause well they are the Lions

I love McCoy but right now IMO he is a 3-4th round pick

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well detroit might..cause well they are the Lions

I love McCoy but right now IMO he is a 3-4th round pick

I think his name alone gives him a 2nd round pick... with passes like that TD pass across his body to Cosby last night mixed with his name, he's probably rated a little higher then we may think...

hope he stays, though...

Diocletian
11-28-2008, 02:45 PM
There is already some strong suggestions floating around on the radio about McCoy going to the Jets to replace Farve.

That might just be a good fit.

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I think at this point, Colt is probably a 2nd round pick at best.

He's not NFL material right now.

I hope he stays to further develop himself as a QB and leader.

Come on
11-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Colt WILL be the Qb at Texas next year, you can be SURE of that. I promise!

BreckTxLonghorn
11-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Come on
Colt WILL be the Qb at Texas next year, you can be SURE of that. I promise!

I wouldn't go that far.

westcoast54
11-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I think at this point, Colt is probably a 2nd round pick at best.

He's not NFL material right now.

I hope he stays to further develop himself as a QB and leader.

I don't even think he's a 3rd rounder right now. Honestly...don't think he's NFL calliber at all. I thought the same thing about Vince Young too.

PPHSfan
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
If I were Colt it would be absolutely all about the "Dollar Signs" and nothing else. And if anyone said anything negative about it I would tell them to eat me. The economy is tough right now, even for us guzillionaires, and it's always about the money. Wake up America!!! Either you're a greedy capitalist or you work for one, if you're lucky enough to find a job.

Come on
11-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
If I were Colt it would be absolutely all about the "Dollar Signs" and nothing else. And if anyone said anything negative about it I would tell them to eat me. The economy is tough right now, even for us guzillionaires, and it's always about the money. Wake up America!!! Either you're a greedy capitalist or you work for one, if you're lucky enough to find a job.

Colt is geared a little different than most people and by that I mean what considers the most important in life. I say he is staying and if you knew him you would say the same thing

PPHSfan
11-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Come on
Colt is geared a little different than most people and by that I mean what considers the most important in life. I say he is staying and if you knew him you would say the same thing

Well hopefully if he gets prospected as a first rounder, someone smarter than him in his life will steer him towards the money. I know the kid has a good heart, but you don't turn down millions to play for a college team one more year with the chance of injury.