there is now that u started it

PPHSfan
11-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Why isn't the game on TV?

navscanmaster
11-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
there is now that u started it
Aggies' D is playing hard, offense is shooting themselves in the foot. The coverage by ESPN couldn't be more slanted in UT's favor though.:rolleyes: Everybody wants a blowout.

lbjacj
11-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Why isn't the game on TV?
it's on espn

20FAN07
11-27-2008, 09:10 PM
why in the world is the field so wet.....its so flustrating to see both teams slipping......it hasnt rained in austin lately

Crimestick
11-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Nice sack by former WO-S star Beasley and fellow former Mustang Earl Thomas ran down Goodson on a breakaway run.

lbjacj
11-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Nice 1st half for Texas and McCoy! He was 18-21 177yds and 2 TDs.He also rushed for 33yds and a TD.
I just hope Mack Brown lets him play the whole game.:)

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 09:31 PM
ATM's offense is horrible.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-27-2008, 09:56 PM
LMAO....how's THAT for taunting Mr. McGee! lololol

eagles_victory
11-27-2008, 09:59 PM
LMAO Mcgee wants to jump in Gideons face when he gets hit but doesnt like it when he gets sacked as Fowler said thats bush league.

lbjacj
11-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Go Horns!:clap:

navscanmaster
11-27-2008, 10:11 PM
I can bear the Aggies losing, as the Horns should win this game convicingly anyhow. As I said before, it is ridiculous how the broadcast team and network have nothing good to say about A&M and everything great to say about UT. It is like watching politics on the national news.

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I can bear the Aggies losing, as the Horns should win this game convicingly anyhow. As I said before, it is ridiculous how the broadcast team and network have nothing good to say about A&M and everything great to say about UT. It is like watching politics on the national news. I agree.

They were campaigning for UT with all the 45-35 coverage.

LOL.

They should atleast attempt to be less bias.

eagles_victory
11-27-2008, 10:34 PM
I can bear the Aggies losing, as the Horns should win this game convicingly anyhow. As I said before, it is ridiculous how the broadcast team and network have nothing good to say about A&M and everything great to say about UT. It is like watching politics on the national news. What good should they be saying about A&M so far? Oh and what about how A&M is a good young football team with a lot of their production from Freshman and Sophmores? I mean no offence to A&M or anything but I havent seen too many games where a team getting beat 28-3 got a lot of good things said about them.

Bull Butter
11-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I agree.

They were campaigning for UT with all the 45-35 coverage.

I like how the kid was left speechless when Fowler mentioned the possibility of Tech starting a 39-33 website.

kepdawg
11-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I can bear the Aggies losing, as the Horns should win this game convicingly anyhow. As I said before, it is ridiculous how the broadcast team and network have nothing good to say about A&M and everything great to say about UT. It is like watching politics on the national news.

They said A&M has better tradition than Baylor!

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I like how the kid was left speechless when Fowler mentioned the possibility of Tech starting a 39-33 website. Lol.

I hope Tech loses again, BUT I have a gut feeling that says Teck is going to win by more than 50. :doh:

Buccaneer
11-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Finally they are beating the spread!

lbjacj
11-27-2008, 10:53 PM
:clap:

King_LeYoeNidas
11-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Finally they are beating the spread!

Not so! :)

lbjacj
11-27-2008, 11:24 PM
49-9 UT wins big!:clap:

ILS1
11-27-2008, 11:30 PM
1. 52-10. Why not? The teams they were suppose to blow out (Florida Atlantic,Rice & Arkansas) they beat by the same score. And the 2nd & 3rd teamers play most of the 2nd half!!! So why not A & M? I know Mack doesn't like to run up the score. But for BCS standings and style points he has to. I know all you Aggie fans think I'm being mean but I remember the mid 80's. When the Horns were average at best and Jackie Sherrill would go to GREAT links to run up the score and rub it in their faces. Pay backs a B*&#H!!!!

I was close!!!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89913)

:D :D :D

wildstangs
11-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Loved seeing Stephen "Champ" McGee taunting Blake Gideon and then getting hammered himself. Was hilarious as he went to the UT sideline to talk trash. I thought to myself "wow, I bet the people of Burnet are proud." Then I remembered, sure they are, that Jordan Shipley is GREAT!

trojan37
11-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Loved seeing Stephen "Champ" McGee taunting Blake Gideon and then getting hammered himself. Was hilarious as he went to the UT sideline to talk trash. I thought to myself "wow, I bet the people of Burnet are proud." Then I remembered, sure they are, that Jordan Shipley is GREAT!

I didn't know why he wanted to talk smack. That was a good, clean lick he took. :D

RMAC
11-28-2008, 02:13 AM

More accurate words have never been spoken. I didn't realize all the ESPN announcers were UT alums. That game did more for UT than the Facebook group ever could. I too, loved how he didn't have anything to say when the Tech game was brought up, but did manage to say we are of a lower intelligence than kids that go to UT. And THAT, Longhorn fans, is the reason why I hate UT. It seems like every person that goes there has this attitude that I'm lucky to breath the same air as them.

Now, as far as the game was concerned, ATM has just had a tough year and I feel for them. I never thought I'd see the day I'd say that, but I really do. Give them some time and I think they'll get it turned around. As to what this will do for UT when the polls come out on Sunday, who knows. I personally don't think it would've mattered if they beat the Aggies by 100, if OU wins against a top 15 team on the road, I can't see how they don't jump the Horns. Sorry guys, but I can't see it this year.

bobcat1
11-28-2008, 07:32 AM
The Aggies were according to the announcer the 109th worst defense in the nation in some sort of group with 150 or so in it. I don't see how they were rated that high. They played with no linebackers and they were small upfront it seemed. They played with heart though. I don't think Maike Sherman is the answer. I have to agree with all the http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/726/kissassdp9.gif the announcers were doing about UT. That was total http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9757/bser3.gif 39-33http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4360/yahoobw6.gif

BulletsX
11-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Wildstangs,
The people of Burnet are very proud of how these two young men have represented Burnet throughout the years. I wish we had more young men with the character and talent that they have displayed. Apparently you do not know these two personally.

ziggy29
11-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Mack Brown on the BCS mess:

"I can't sit here and say we believe in sportsmanship and sit there and throw it every snap at the end.. And if the difference in 49-9 and 56-9 is going to make the difference, the system is more screwed up than I think it is."
Have to say the man is right here.

cshscougar08
11-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
More accurate words have never been spoken. I didn't realize all the ESPN announcers were UT alums. That game did more for UT than the Facebook group ever could. I too, loved how he didn't have anything to say when the Tech game was brought up, but did manage to say we are of a lower intelligence than kids that go to UT. And THAT, Longhorn fans, is the reason why I hate UT. It seems like every person that goes there has this attitude that I'm lucky to breath the same air as them.

AMEN!!!!!!!! I feel the exact same way. My dad and I were just discussing this watching the game. A&M people say, "Who wouldn't want to be an Aggie?" and UT people say, "You're not good enough to be a Longhorn." It's the arrogance of Longhorn fans that drives me up the wall. They are the equivalent of UNC in basketball, who I also hate with an undying passion. They both have this sense that they are just better than everyone and that everyone else is totally inferior. Makes me sick!!!!

lbjacj
11-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
AMEN!!!!!!!! I feel the exact same way. My dad and I were just discussing this watching the game. A&M people say, "Who wouldn't want to be an Aggie?" and UT people say, "You're not good enough to be a Longhorn." It's the arrogance of Longhorn fans that drives me up the wall. They are the equivalent of UNC in basketball, who I also hate with an undying passion. They both have this sense that they are just better than everyone and that everyone else is totally inferior. Makes me sick!!!!
Please,tell us how you really feel!:D

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 11:06 AM
someone has a problem with success... probably hates bill gates or something... arrogant punk he is...

OldBison75
11-28-2008, 11:10 AM
The fact of the matter is that TAMU is in a down cycle and Texas is in a very up cycle right now. The announcers were somewhat biased, but then the Longhorns had alot to lose and a legitimate argument for why they should stay ahead of Oklahoma in the BCS. I believe that if you really looked at the broadcast, and not through the eyes of how the TAMU season has gone, you will see that the broadcasters, to a person, felt that if Oklahoma beats OK State, they will be in the South Championship, no matter what happened in this game.

But, OK State may make that all a moot point since they CAN beat Oklahoma and put Tech in the Championship game. The only way Texas can make the Championship is for Oklahoma to win a close battle with OK State and then have the BCS computers rank them ahead of Oklahoma. I would be surprised if that happens. The really sad part of the whole equation is that an Oklahoma win pretty much seals Tech out of the picture.

I am a believer that the polls should generally reflect the head to head results where they apply, but, I think that any of the three South teams could be legitimate National Championship contenders.

I hope that the argument is settled by Oklahoma State and they beat OU and leave Tech in the Drivers seat. Of, course, that may make the Big 12 Champion be left out of the National Championship picture based on rankings. Unless, the pollsters leave Texas #2 and then Texas can play for the National Championship without winning the Big 12 South. GOD THIS SYSTEM IS SO SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!!! Please find a Playoff System to take these type situations out of the picture.

Phil C
11-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Way to go Horns!

King_LeYoeNidas
11-28-2008, 11:21 AM
sadly I hear Obama is going to possibly start the college playoff system. Not that it's a bad thing mind you, I just don't want to give him credit for doing something awesome.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
sadly I hear Obama is going to possibly start the college playoff system. Not that it's a bad thing mind you, I just don't want to give him credit for doing something awesome.

I'd really love to see a playoff system and wouldn't care who started it... yet I do not believe government should step in and control the way the game is played... though I don't like this system, it IS the system that the "leaders" in college football have chosen and the government should not step in... it's none of their business... we have too much government as it is...

lbjacj
11-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I hope that the argument is settled by Oklahoma State and they beat OU and leave Tech in the Drivers seat. Of, course, that may make the Big 12 Champion be left out of the National Championship picture based on rankings. Unless, the pollsters leave Texas #2 and then Texas can play for the National Championship without winning the Big 12 South. GOD THIS SYSTEM IS SO SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!!! Please find a Playoff System to take these type situations out of the picture.

But what if Missouri beats Tech?
That should put Texas in the NC!Right?:confused:

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 11:50 AM
I never thought I'd see OU blast Tech... just like I don't think I'll ever see Baylor beat Tech period...

BUUUUT, I can see OKlite beating OU... and if Baylor beat TT at the same time? mannnn ohhhhhh mannnn I'd love me some Baylor...

'cuse me, I'm back to reality...

COME ON VOTERS AND COMPUTERS!!!

OldBison75
11-28-2008, 11:53 AM
+As screwed up as the BCS system is, they will probably put Florida, USC, or Penn State in the National Championship if Missouri wins the Big 12. I don't know the computer formula, but it seem like the deciding factor at the end of the year is television rating capabilities. That in itself puts Missouri at a disadvantage. I really don't see how they could put a team in the National Championship that did not win the Confernce they are in though.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 11:57 AM
+As screwed up as the BCS system is, they will probably put Florida, USC, or Penn State in the National Championship if Missouri wins the Big 12. I don't know the computer formula, but it seem like the deciding factor at the end of the year is television rating capabilities. That in itself puts Missouri at a disadvantage. I really don't see how they could put a team in the National Championship that did not win the Confernce they are in though.

they've done it twice I know of and it hasn't worked... both have been big 12 teams... Neb and OU... both got their a's kicked... don't think UT would get their a's kicked though...

pirate4state
11-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
AMEN!!!!!!!! I feel the exact same way. My dad and I were just discussing this watching the game. A&M people say, "Who wouldn't want to be an Aggie?" and UT people say, "You're not good enough to be a Longhorn." It's the arrogance of Longhorn fans that drives me up the wall. They are the equivalent of UNC in basketball, who I also hate with an undying passion. They both have this sense that they are just better than everyone and that everyone else is totally inferior. Makes me sick!!!! I'm sure La Vega feels the same way about residents of China Spring? :D I'm just saying....

Actually, I probably don't know what I'm talking about (in regards to La Vega/CS), but it happens everywhere. You have a program, any program, that is as successful as UT, USC, OU, etc...and there are gonna be fans that think they are better than everyone else and why wouldn't they?

It's science.

sahen
11-28-2008, 12:54 PM
The only way Texas can make the Championship is for Oklahoma to win a close battle with OK State and then have the BCS computers rank them ahead of Oklahoma.

A Baylor win over Tech puts UT in the Big 12 Championship game reguardless of what the BCS computers say....Not probable but I have seen stranger stuff happen, esp. if you go back to last year....

sahen
11-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
just like I don't think I'll ever see Baylor beat Tech period...

Ever?? really? In the all time series Tech is up 33-32-1 and thats after they finally had dominate years over Baylor since the Big 12 was formed...odds are that Baylor will eventually turn it around and will be able to beat Tech again in the future, maybe not regularly like they used to but I'd think Baylor could make the series vs. Tech stay pretty even if they figure out how to get the ship turned around....

Come on
11-28-2008, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by navscanmaster
Aggies' D is playing hard, offense is shooting themselves in the foot. The coverage by ESPN couldn't be more slanted in UT's favor though.:rolleyes: Everybody wants a blowout. [/QUOTE
No Comment

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Go Baylor and Gobbler84...

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Ever?? really? In the all time series Tech is up 33-32-1 and thats after they finally had dominate years over Baylor since the Big 12 was formed...odds are that Baylor will eventually turn it around and will be able to beat Tech again in the future, maybe not regularly like they used to but I'd think Baylor could make the series vs. Tech stay pretty even if they figure out how to get the ship turned around....

I said ever and period, but really I just mean this year, this game... I had just woke up and was typing everything in my head...

Baylor is going to be a lot better, Tech will not stay up top after Leach toodle-oos... I don't see it impossible for Baylor to be competiting for the big 12 south title in a few years... it may take some time, but Briles is an excellent coach and can get athletes up there and they'll buy whatever he's sellin' scheme-wise etc... players like Griffin being on the team are going to help bring better athletes in also...

eagles_victory
11-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Typical of a fan of a rival school having to judge the whole group of fans by one person. He should of said the truth which is right or not Tech is not even in the picture right now. If Oklahoma beats OSU hello Holiday Bowl do I think thats fair not really but that is the system we have and when you get humiliated by 44 in your second to last game you are irrelevant as far as the National championship goes. To me I dont think the kid was trying to sound arrogant just got caught really off guard with the question and just threw something out there.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 01:21 PM
In relation to Tech and RMAC here:

every school's got 'em, and anyone who thinks it's just a hanful of schools that do is crazy...

tech throws tortillas and a texas student throws verbal jabs... who gives a final step in the digestive process?

lbjacj
11-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Go Baylor and Gobbler84...

Hey Gobbler84,what is "facesitchess"?

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Hey Gobbler84,what is "facesitchess"?

not Gobbler84... Gobbler84 is from Cuero and is a first year fish at Baylor (DT)...

facesitches? I'm just making fun of myself for mispelling facetious on here last week...

lbjacj
11-28-2008, 01:26 PM
LOL, OK

Was 84 your # or class?

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 01:27 PM
LOL, OK

Was 84 your # or class?

it was 'his' football number his freshman year... he hasn't posted here in a while but posted all through high school...

lbjacj
11-28-2008, 01:30 PM
My niece was a cheerleader at Cuero on '85,'86 & '87! They went to state all 3 years and won it all her sr year! I'm still a fan when they're not playing wimberley.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 01:32 PM
My niece was a cheerleader at Cuero on '85,'86 & '87! They went to state all 3 years and won it all her sr year! I'm still a fan when they're not playing wimberley.

hell yah...

JasperDog94
11-28-2008, 03:35 PM
What if OU loses to Missou in the Big XII Championship game? Would Texas then be in the NC game? No way they put USC ahead of Texas. They don't even play a championship game. Neither does Penn State.

For me Tech is not even in the conversation. They got thumped. So the choice is either Texas or OU and Texas beat OU heads up.

And for those of you complaining about all the coverage of 45-35, would you rather the announcers totally ignore a relevant topic that everyone else is talking about?

sahen
11-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

For me Tech is not even in the conversation. They got thumped. So the choice is either Texas or OU and Texas beat OU heads up.

Tech would be in the National Title game if they win this week against Baylor and OU loses against OSU...If Tech then won the Big 12 Title game I believe the voters would put them in over Texas because that would add one more ranked win for Texas Tech on their resume...but we will see

JasperDog94
11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Tech would be in the National Title game if they win this week against Baylor and OU loses against OSU...If Tech then won the Big 12 Title game I believe the voters would put them in over Texas because that would add one more ranked win for Texas Tech on their resume...but we will see The voters may, but I don't think the computers would. It's all speculation right now anyway.

wildstangs
11-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by BulletsX
Wildstangs,
The people of Burnet are very proud of how these two young men have represented Burnet throughout the years. I wish we had more young men with the character and talent that they have displayed. Apparently you do not know these two personally.

Have heard many GREAT things about Jordan Shipley. Great player, shows his ability by doing his job. McGee was taunting players while he was down by 18 points.

Emerson1
11-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
McGee was taunting players while he was down by 18 points.
I wish I could of heard what he was saying. Looked like he was mad that the UT player was celebrating after the sack, yet McGee just earlier ran downfield and got in a players face after that player had been blocked big time.

He is probably just frustrated. He sees what could have been if he had gone to Texas which I'm sure Shipley tried to convince him too during HS. Instead it was broken promises and broken seasons for 5 years.

wildstangs
11-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

He is probably just frustrated.

That tends to happen at A&M. I saw where Japorkchop finished his senior year with almost 100 yards rushing.