PDA

View Full Version : ? for any UT Backer in the Know

VAMike
11-27-2008, 08:29 PM
With all the $$$ spent on the stadium, why wasn't an artificial surface installed?

bobcat1
11-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Really. :dispntd: :dispntd: :iagree:

eagles_victory
11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
My guess would be is there are still a lot of people out there that like the natural grass surface. After tonight wouldnt be surprised if it is artificial next year.

trojan37
11-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Grass, artificial, it don't matter. They are kickin their tail!:D

augie97
11-27-2008, 11:31 PM
During most of the 80's and 90's the surface was artificial.

ILS1
11-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by augie97
During most of the 80's and 90's the surface was artificial.

Remember in the mid 90's when everyone was going back to grass because of all the injuries on turf. It has been about 10 years since Texas has had turf. Maybe, with all the advances in technical and the new surfaces they have now like Real Grass Pro,Field Turf and Astro Play,the might go back to it!!!

:D :D :D

AP Panther Fan
11-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Injuries.....

GetRDoneStangs
11-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Remember in the mid 90's when everyone was going back to grass because of all the injuries on turf. It has been about 10 years since Texas has had turf. Maybe, with all the advances in technical and the new surfaces they have now like Real Grass Pro,Field Turf and Astro Play,the might go back to it!!!

That is very true.....the new turf is a huge improvement over the old Astroturf typr field.

At our family get together...a very good mixture of Horns and Ags...we ALL AGREED on 2 things......

A&M football is NOT Very Good Now...

But UT's field Appears to be very SORRY!!!..Did it rain like 10" in Austin today?????It Is horrible.....It needs help...

UT and A&M had some competition on having the best natural grass.....I can't comment on A&M's tonite...UT's needs some help.....maybe with that PR push after tonite...they can afford for "Improvements".....

ILS1
11-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
But UT's field Appears to be very SORRY!!!..Did it rain like 10" in Austin today?????It Is horrible.....It needs help...

I live in Round Rock and NO it has not rained in the Austin area for quite some time. Maybe they over watered it because it was getting dry or something. I have no clue. It's definitely not because of over use because they RARELY allow any HS playoff games there. I remember one game about 3 years ago and that's IT!!!!

HM33
11-28-2008, 12:31 AM
I live in Round Rock and NO it has not rained in the Austin area for quite some time. Maybe they over watered it because it was getting dry or something. I have no clue. It's definitely not because of over use because they RARELY allow any HS playoff games there. I remember one game about 3 years ago and that's IT!!!!

Well if Cuero wins this week they will be playing on it next week :)

kepdawg
11-28-2008, 12:32 AM

Blame Caldwell!

GetRDoneStangs
11-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Well if Cuero wins this week they will be playing on it next week :)

Well Sweetwater has not played on grass so far this year (Snyder got beat so we might be ok!!:D )

I hope if we can pull off the upset vs LH...we can still play on tirf!!!!

If I was a coach I would look somewhere else to play than on UT on grass......

If UT can't do better for a Major Home game..on TV and all...

What are they going to do to the field for a High School game?????

HM33
11-28-2008, 01:03 AM
No clue. I didn't watch the game so I dont know how bad the field really was. But that is what I was told. BIG and probably the only reason why this could happen is Tyler Ardnt. :) And I'm happy for him.

trojan37
11-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Blame Caldwell!

Good one Kep! HAHA!:D

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 11:41 AM
maybe I misheard last night, but didn't one of the guys calling the game say they were going to new turf next year? It is very possible I misheard...

JT44
11-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by HM33
No clue. I didn't watch the game so I dont know how bad the field really was. But that is what I was told. BIG and probably the only reason why this could happen is Tyler Ardnt. :) And I'm happy for him.

it would be cool to have a game there, I have never been there. I thought that the UIL and UT had some sort of disagreement that led to no more hs football games there.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by JT44
it would be cool to have a game there, I have never been there. I thought that the UIL and UT had some sort of disagreement that led to no more hs football games there.

I believe they had stopped having HS games there, maybe somewhere around the mid to late 90s? But I believe it's open to some games now... I remember Midland Lee playing... uhm.... whoever there in '00...

catdaddy
11-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I prefer the grass and I'm surprised the players didn't switch to the longer cleats or ones with more grip. That feild is babied and no one is allowed on it. We used to go down there to work out when they had turf but, alas, not anymore.:crying: