PDA

View Full Version : How far will you be driving?

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm going to make it to LaVega/Navasota at RRISD Athletic complex. (193 Miles from my house)

THEN

Go to Victoria Memorial Stadium for the (2A) Saturday double header. ( 139 Miles from RR)

THEN home

( 110 Miles to my house)

442 miles round trip roughly.

:doh:

I don't know if we'll be able to do all this..... but I WANT to. :)

gobbler grad
11-27-2008, 06:43 PM
hey necks_fan, maybe i'll see you in Round Rock tomorrow night...what side you sitting on...:thinking:

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
hey necks_fan, maybe i'll see you in Round Rock tomorrow night...what side you sitting on...:thinking: Well, we got family coming in tomorrow afternoon, so Gramps said he probablt can't go, which means I most leikely can't go.
I'll see if I can sweet talk him into it though.

If I make it, I will be on the Navasota, GW, and the Refugio sides. :)

Chopblock
11-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Canadian to Plainview=155 miles Friday
Plainview to Stillwater=365 miles Fridaynite
Stillwater to Canadian=188 milesSatnite late

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
Canadian to Plainview=155 miles Friday
Plainview to Stillwater=365 miles Fridaynite
Stillwater to Canadian=188 milesSatnite late Dang.

gobbler grad
11-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Well, we got family coming in tomorrow afternoon, so Gramps said he probablt can't go, which means I most leikely can't go.
I'll see if I can sweet talk him into it though.

If I make it, I will be on the Navasota, GW, and the Refugio sides. :)

your 18 now, borrow the car...:doh:

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
your 18 now, borrow the car...:doh: I have a truck, and I COULD borrow their car.... but the whole point behind that is that I'm not really interested in going by myself.:)

I will if I have to.

I'm not excited to drive 3 and a half hours.

pirate4state
11-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Sinton to Austin (UT/A&M) - 167 miles
Austin to Kyle - 21 miles
Kyle to San Marcos (Sinton/Bellville) - 24 miles (round trip :D)
Kyle to Lufkin (WOS/Gilmer) - 245 miles
Lufkin to Sinton - 309 miles

:eek: :crazy1: :D

HM33
11-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sinton to Austin (UT/A&M) - 167 miles
Austin to Kyle - 21 miles
Kyle to San Marcos (Sinton/Bellville) - 24 miles (round trip :D)
Kyle to Lufkin (WOS/Gilmer) - 245 miles
Lufkin to Sinton - 309 miles

:eek: :crazy1: :D

Racking up the miles here.

lakers
11-28-2008, 01:32 AM
I will be heading to Lubbock, roughly 150 miles, which I am used to makin that drive since I make it every few weeks...

Last weekend I went from Lubbock to Dallas to Norman for the tech game.... I traveled over 1070+ miles in 2 DAYS!!! That is a long way to go for a football game.

Lion_Addict
11-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I live about 2 minutes from Gordon Wood Stadium :D :thumbsup: ....... about a minute if I let my daughter drive :eek: :doh:

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Change of plans for me.

We had a death in the family..... so we won't be going to RR.

I will make the WO-S - Gilmer game though.

I'm going to stay near the house tongiht though. I might go into Houston for a game, but if I don't then..... it's webcast for me.

sotex
11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Condolences Neck.

I will be driving about 45 miles to watch Giddings-Rio Hondo. This is only the second high school game I have ever been to that did not involve my alma mater.

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sotex
Condolences Neck.

I will be driving about 45 miles to watch Giddings-Rio Hondo. This is only the second high school game I have ever been to that did not involve my alma mater. Thanks.... and You've only ever been to one game besides the upcoming one that didn't involve Hondo?

Wow. That's pretty weird.

Lol.

I only watch other teams when our season is done.

sotex
11-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I usually go to all of the Hondo games, and some years we would still be playing this weekend. Normally by the time Hondo is out of the playoffs the games I would like to watch are a long way from home. I am amazed at the distances some people drive to watch games involving other schools.

pirate4state
11-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by sotex
Yeah, I usually go to all of the Hondo games, and some years we would still be playing this weekend. Normally by the time Hondo is out of the playoffs the games I would like to watch are a long way from home. I am amazed at the distances some people drive to watch games involving other schools. Yes, I'm crazy. :D

Necks - sorry about the loss. :( Text me if you make it to Lufkin.