PDA

View Full Version : Great article on a great kid. China Spring's- Mike Hicks

bp80884
11-27-2008, 05:48 PM
This is a great article on a great leader. Mike Hicks is one of the best all around role models for the youngsters at China Spring and all over Central Texas. He is un-assuming, hard working and most of all not flashy!

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/stories/2008/11/27/11272008wachicks.html

We are proud of him and all of the Cougars!

ccmom
11-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Very nice write-up...I, for one, am looking forward to watching him play on Saturday. Thanks for sharing the article.

Milk That Cow
11-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Where is he going to college?

bp80884
11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Where is he going to college?

Rivals says either Montana State or Baylor and 1 other school. However, from what I hear there are no offers yet.

I figure with Shawn Bell's (Former China spring QB and Baylor QB, current Cougar's Offensive Coordinator)conection to Baylor I figure that is where i would bet on. however, that is only what I think will happen. I in no way shape or form know anything specific other than what I read here on the 3a downlow and hear in the stands.

garciap77
11-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
This is a great article on a great leader. Mike Hicks is one of the best all around role models for the youngsters at China Spring and all over Central Texas. He is un-assuming, hard working and most of all not flashy!

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/stories/2008/11/27/11272008wachicks.html

We are proud of him and all of the Cougars!

I like that! Hard working and not flashy. I would rather have one of them on my team than a cocky D1 player! Nice article!:2thumbsup

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
Rivals says either Montana State or Baylor and 1 other school. However, from what I hear there are no offers yet.

I figure with Shawn Bell's (Former China spring QB and Baylor QB, current Cougar's Offensive Coordinator)conection to Baylor I figure that is where i would bet on. however, that is only what I think will happen. I in no way shape or form know anything specific other than what I read here on the 3a downlow and hear in the stands.

The only flash with him is when he runs by and through the opponent defense.
Lots of letters and interest, but no offers. Baylor is not in the equation.

44INAROW
11-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I like that! Hard working and not flashy. I would rather have one of them on my team than a cocky D1 player! Nice article!:2thumbsup

I agree Garcia.......
Nice article :)

trojan37
11-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
The only flash with him is when he runs by and through the opponent defense.
Lots of letters and interest, but no offers. Baylor is not in the equation.

Typical of Baylor to pass on local talent.

nobogey72
11-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Can't wait to watch him play. Gotta love a kid like that. I'm sure he will get his shot at the next level some way or another. Wes Welker didn't get much attention either.

slingshot
11-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Kinda reminds me of our defensive standout #12 Jesse Jennings--he's getting lots of looks (and even offers) from other places (UTEP, Montana, New Mexico, etc), but getting the cold shoulder from Tech, TCU and even ACU. 6'1"/225# middle linebacker, leading tackler, hits like a freight train, only returning defensive starter from last year--kid is an absolute stud on the field and very unassuming/personable off it.
Can't understand why local schools look past outstanding talent... :confused: