PDA

View Full Version : Tunnels or No Tunnels

Keystonepride
11-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Do you like to see your favorite football team run through a tunnel before they take the field?

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 12:31 PM
You forgot to put the "indifferent" option. They are cool in some respect. They make little differnce in the game but if the little kids who runthrough it before the big do sure think it's a big deal.

Keystonepride
11-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
You forgot to put the "indifferent" option. They are cool in some respect. They make little differnce in the game but if the little kids who runthrough it before the big do sure think it's a big deal.

if thats the case I would suggest not voting at all....

but I will be sure to include that option in my next one....

garciap77
11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride

but I will be sure to inlude that option in my next one....

Yes for tunnels! Brownwood has the best one in the state! They go all out with their introduction! It sure gets all the people fired up on both sides of the field.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8203-2.jpg

:)

Looking4number8
11-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Yes for tunnels! Brownwood has the best one in the state! They go all out with their introduction! It sure gets all the people fired up on both sides of the field.

Thanks garciap77, and just so everybody knows.... Built by Coach Steve Freeman himself...

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride

but I will be sure to include that option in my next one....

I was the first one to vote "YES"

gobbler grad
11-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I see no need...:thinking:

44INAROW
11-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Heck no, We don't need 'no stinking tunnel' :)

STANG RED
11-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Tunnels were cool when there were only a few, but now that nearly every team has one, it's nothing special anymore. I'd prefer to see the big paper run through signs the cheerleaders spend hours making the week of the game.
When I was in school, I think the cheerleaders spent much of the summer making the signs they would need throughout the season.
The tunnels just dont hold any fascination for me anymore. Go back to the old school way I say.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-27-2008, 07:33 PM
I like em.

Keep the tunnels.

957tiger
11-27-2008, 10:34 PM
I work on a tunnel crew and to hear the players inside getting pumped up is a pretty cool experience. This is our first year having a tunnel and it has been fun watching the kids, many who get very little playing time run out to the sound of music, that has made it worthwhile. The boys even have special areas they touch on the way out for luck. I will admit with paper signs or tunnels they will sometimes be the occasional stumble or collision, and as Mom use to say it's all fun and games until someone puts an eye out, or your star RB rolls an ankle.

957tiger
11-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
I work on a tunnel crew and to hear the players inside getting pumped up is a pretty cool experience. This is our first year having a tunnel and it has been fun watching the kids, many who get very little playing time run out to the sound of music, that has made it worthwhile. The boys even have special areas they touch on the way out for luck. I will admit with paper signs or tunnels there will sometimes be the occasional stumble or collision, and as Mom use to say it's all fun and games until someone puts an eye out, or your star RB rolls an ankle.

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 10:41 PM
If they do..... then they do..... Great.

If not..... then that's great too.

I really couldn't care less.... so long as we win.

catdaddy
11-27-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm just fine without 'em. I'm more of the old school, strap it on, crack-some-skulls, git 'er done fan. If only you could rent one as a motivational tool for a big game like State or a rivalry, that would be cool...:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by catdaddy
I'm just fine without 'em. I'm more of the old school, strap it on, crack-some-skulls, git 'er done fan. If only you could rent one as a motivational tool for a big game like State or a rivalry, that would be cool...:thinking:
If you need a motivational tool for State, a tunnel probably won't help much. ;) And no....don't go there.

trojan37
11-27-2008, 11:41 PM

I still think about the bi-district game in Temple when the poor LH cheerleaders were trying to hold up that sign with a 35 plus MPH wind blowing and blew the sign apart and the team had nothing to run through.

AP Panther Fan
11-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Tunnels were cool when there were only a few, but now that nearly every team has one, it's nothing special anymore. I'd prefer to see the big paper run through signs the cheerleaders spend hours making the week of the game.
When I was in school, I think the cheerleaders spent much of the summer making the signs they would need throughout the season.
The tunnels just dont hold any fascination for me anymore. Go back to the old school way I say.

Thank you! I agree! Our's looks like a large, black rat with big teeth.:dispntd: :helpme: :)

It is the thing that nightmares are made of! :D

Stownhorse
11-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

Na, every time I see it I think its ridiculous and too over the top.

trojan37
11-28-2008, 01:03 AM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm249/skank37/TyvsSalado114.jpg

$7,000=STU-PID!

BOCEPHUS
11-28-2008, 05:57 AM
tunnel on back

catdaddy
11-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If you need a motivational tool for State, a tunnel probably won't help much. ;) And no....don't go there.

No worries from me. I'm glad Vance isn't in favor of them. I was just thinking of the money one could make with interchangeable mascots. :thinking: The money for a tunnel could be spent on alot of other items like charter buses for long trips... :sleeping:

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2008, 04:46 PM
No worries from me. I'm glad Vance isn't in favor of them. I was just thinking of the money one could make with interchangeable mascots. :thinking: The money for a tunnel could be spent on alot of other items like charter buses for long trips... :sleeping:
Oh gotcha!

And good luck with the charter bus thing. :helpme: :doh:

Keystonepride
11-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks everybody for voting.....

be sure to listen in today to the broadcast of Liberty Hill and Sweetwater....I will be bringing up the poll for sure!!!!!!!

www.kmacsports.com

Emerson1
11-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Stupid.

What is the point of running from the endzone and through the tunnel? Only cool if you can set it up directly up against a building and run through it from there. Brownwood and Texas Stadium are the only 2 places I have seen it done.

LHPfactory
11-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Dont like tunnels, it seem LH always beats teams with tunnels. Well i guess they beat the teams with out tunnels to so what do i know. :rolleyes: