PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Vs. Muleshoe

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I know its 2A but anybody got any opinions?

I'll take Clyde in this one.

Phantom Stang
11-26-2008, 10:36 PM
The Clyde Allsup's is a favorite stop of mine, so I'm goin' with the Bulldogs.:nerd:

How's that for a knowledgeable post?:D

ccmom
11-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
The Clyde Allsup's is a favorite stop of mine, so I'm goin' with the Bulldogs.:nerd:

How's that for a knowledgeable post?:D

Ummm....I'm pretty sure he was looking for a more insightful reason than that.:rolleyes:

My hubby is from Clyde, so I think they will definitely win!:D

injuredinmelee
11-26-2008, 11:00 PM
hate that Clyde wont have their qb again this week. The defense will have to step it up as they have been every week.

Raider Red
11-26-2008, 11:15 PM
The Mule Plex will reign supreme!!!! Great group of kids and coaching staff is excellent.

wildstangs
11-26-2008, 11:43 PM
I think Muleshoe's spread will be too much for the Dogs to handle. Glad to see Clyde made it past round one. I am sure they will continue to build on their success.

Mules 49
Dogs 28

garciap77
11-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Bulldogs all the way!:clap: :clap: :clap:

VWG
11-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Muleshoe has taken down two really good teams so far in Amarillo Bushland and Littlefield.
Clyde came out of a really tough district with Cisco and Merkel... Eastland missed the playoffs but they were no slouch.

I gotta go with the Mules. Their defense shut down a good Littlefield team last week.

Da Mules
11-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Clyde will try to play the Littlefield ground-pounding game, but Muleshoe actually has one of the better defenses in the region...If da Mules offense gets clickin' like it did in the 2nd quarter in last week's Littlefield game, it's katy-bar-the-door for Clyde.

From Dave Campbell Texas Football: Muleshoe (12-0) and #5 Clyde (11-1) meet-up this Friday at 7:30 pm in Wolfforth Frenship Stadium outside of Lubbock for a much-anticipated playoff game. 2A aficionados in the Panhandle/South Plains have been looking forward to this play-off possibility all year. Clyde, coming off a decisive 35-0 victory over Tuscola Jim Ned (UT’s Colt McCoy’s alma-mater and his dad is still the head coach there) last week looks poised to put up with Muleshoe quarterback Wes Woods prolific air game. Woods is positioned to possibly tie or break Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell’s UIL state touchdown pass single season record of 67 set with Ennis in 2004. After passing for16-28-0–271against Littlefield last week, Woods has 56 TD passes this season going into the game with Clyde.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
Clyde will try to play the Littlefield ground-pounding game, but Muleshoe actually has one of the better defenses in the region...If da Mules offense gets clickin' like it did in the 2nd quarter in last week's Littlefield game, it's katy-bar-the-door for Clyde.

From Dave Campbell Texas Football: Muleshoe (12-0) and #5 Clyde (11-1) meet-up this Friday at 7:30 pm in Wolfforth Frenship Stadium outside of Lubbock for a much-anticipated playoff game. 2A aficionados in the Panhandle/South Plains have been looking forward to this play-off possibility all year. Clyde, coming off a decisive 35-0 victory over Tuscola Jim Ned (UT’s Colt McCoy’s alma-mater and his dad is still the head coach there) last week looks poised to put up with Muleshoe quarterback Wes Woods prolific air game. Woods is positioned to possibly tie or break Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell’s UIL state touchdown pass single season record of 67 set with Ennis in 2004. After passing for16-28-0–271against Littlefield last week, Woods has 56 TD passes this season going into the game with Clyde.

Good Point, but I think Colt's Dad is coaching at Graham now. His little brother is the QB there anyway.

STANG RED
11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
The Mules have put up some impressive numbers in the notoriously football weak panhandle. Now can they do it against a team that has had to play and beat much better competition all season? I seriously doubt it. Clyde by 21+.
I still think Clyde wins the whole thing this year, and I've said it sense last season. I see no reason to change my mind now.

garciap77
11-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The Mules have put up some impressive numbers in the notoriously football weak panhandle. Now can they do it against a team that has had to play and beat much better competition all season? I seriously doubt it. Clyde by 21+.
I still think Clyde wins the whole thing this year, and I've said it sense last season. I see no reason to change my mind now.

:ditto:

lakers
11-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Go Clyde!!!!!!!!!

I'll be rootin for my bulldogs
Tommrow in wolforth!!!!

VWG
11-27-2008, 08:39 PM

Football weak panhandle? Are you serious?
Canadian, Stratford, Littlefield, Idalou, Frenship, New Deal..... all very good football programs in the Lubbock/Amarillo area.

STANG RED
11-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Football weak panhandle? Are you serious?
Canadian, Stratford, Littlefield, Idalou, Frenship, New Deal..... all very good football programs in the Lubbock/Amarillo area.

There are lots of programs up there that look very good while playing each other, but usually fall to the wayside pretty quickly come playoff time. I've seen it year after year, so yes I'm very serious. I know what I see! Yes there is the occasional panhandle team that is for real and makes a deep run, but they are few and far between.

wildstangs
11-27-2008, 11:32 PM
There are lots of programs up there that look very good while playing each other, but usually fall to the wayside pretty quickly come playoff time. I've seen it year after year, so yes I'm very serious. I know what I see! Yes there is the occasional panhandle team that is for real and makes a deep run, but they are few and far between.

I sorta agree with what you are saying, but I think it only applies 3A and up. 1A and 2A have had some NASTY Stratford and Canadian teams that have won several state championships over the last few years.

Stownhorse
11-28-2008, 12:57 AM
I hate it but Muleshoe will take it. They are always good.

STANG RED
11-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I sorta agree with what you are saying, but I think it only applies 3A and up. 1A and 2A have had some NASTY Stratford and Canadian teams that have won several state championships over the last few years.

Yeah I would have to agree with that. I know I didnt clarify, but I was thinking mostly of 3A and 4A, because that is mostly what I have watched over the past 30 years. But now that I think of it, I sure havent seen very many 5A teams from the panhandle make much noise in a long time. Even the Lubbock teams arent near what they were 20+ years ago.

slingshot
11-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Clyde. Grind it out, ball control, keep away and limit the possesions for the Mules--no 49 points this week... Bulldogs win a tough one.

bigwood33
11-28-2008, 10:52 AM
If Clyde's QB were healthy, I think the 'Dogs would win but...
Mules 35
Bulldogs 21
I hope I'm wrong.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Any word on this game?

Da Mules
11-29-2008, 01:21 AM

Muleshoe 42, Clyde 7 Finale
So do you see any reason to change your mind now, Mr StangRed :p :D :devil: