PDA

View Full Version : Oh Come On People!!!!!

Necks_Fan
11-26-2008, 07:53 PM
THE GAME is tomorrow right?

A&M / UT

I know the Aggies haven't shown much to this point, but they could do the incredible to the Longhorns.
Not ONLY do the Horns need to win, but they gotta hope they stay ahead of OU in the BCS after OU destroys OSU.

C'Mon.... discuss!!!!!

I've been a lifelong UT fan, but I think I'm going to A&M, so IDK who to root for. :doh: :confused:

Go Hor......er.... Agg.... um well... I just want to see a good game. :)

Come on
11-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
THE GAME is tomorrow right?

A&M / UT

I know the Aggies haven't shown much to this point, but they could do the incredible to the Longhorns.
Not ONLY do the Horns need to win, but they gotta hope they stay ahead of OU in the BCS after OU destroys OSU.

C'Mon.... discuss!!!!!

I've been a lifelong UT fan, but I think I'm going to A&M, so IDK who to root for. :doh: :confused:

Go Hor......er.... Agg.... um well... I just want to see a good game. :)

If you don't know who to Root for then you must be an Aggie! Only an Aggie would be confused.

Necks_Fan
11-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Come on
If you don't know who to Root for then you must be an Aggie! Only an Aggie would be confused. I secretly wear UT shorts and an A&M hoodie and T-shirt at the same time.:doh:

coach
11-26-2008, 08:20 PM
nobody is talking about it bc it probably wont be a very good game

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
I secretly wear UT shorts and an A&M hoodie and T-shirt at the same time.:doh:
It's not a secret any more! :D :doh:

Necks_Fan
11-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's not a secret any more! :D :doh: Lol. I know.

It's alright. I wore a UT beanie and A&M hoodie to the Cuero/Sealy game. You should have seen some the looks on some peoples' faces. It was priceless.

LionKing
11-26-2008, 08:27 PM
My Aggie friends don't want to talk about it, and as a huge Longhorn fan, I guess if they don't want to, neither do I.

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2008, 08:34 PM
UT needs to be very careful with this game lest they fall into a trap, rivalry games are always dangerous and UT maybe thinking too much about what the BCS is going to do...and lets not forget Colt McCoy is 0-2 against the aggies

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
UT needs to be very careful with this game lest they fall into a trap, rivalry games are always dangerous and UT maybe thinking too much about what the BCS is going to do...and lets not forget Colt McCoy is 0-2 against the aggies

for some reason when I just re-read my post I thought too myself I sound like Phil C when he always talks about Texas having those "dangerous" games

wimbo_pro
11-26-2008, 08:42 PM

C'Mon.... discuss!!!!!

Really...who cares? i mean, its always good to sit with a full tummy and watch this match up...but this year...who cares who wins?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
for some reason when I just re-read my post I thought too myself I sound like Phil C when he always talks about Texas having those "dangerous" games
If you had ended it with "that increases the risk", I probably would've choked. :D

88bobcats
11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Someone asked me why I would want my beloved Aggies to beat Texas and ruin their chances of playing for a national championship. He wanted to know why I would rather let Oklahoma play for a title rather than have the chance to bring a BCS title back to Texas.

If I hadn't gone to A&M, I guess I could support any of U.T., Texas Tech or Texas A&M as a matter of state pride. As an Aggie, however, I just can't bring myself to be a bull nut.

I'd rather let the national championship title to another state like Oklahoma, Florida or Alabama.....

BreckTxLonghorn
11-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats

Someone asked me why I would want my beloved Aggies to beat Texas and ruin their chances of playing for a national championship. He wanted to know why I would rather let Oklahoma play for a title rather than have the chance to bring a BCS title back to Texas.

If I hadn't gone to A&M, I guess I could support any of U.T., Texas Tech or Texas A&M as a matter of state pride. As an Aggie, however, I just can't bring myself to be a bull nut.

I'd rather let the national championship title to another state like Oklahoma, Florida or Alabama.....

Oh come on now....we can be friends...it wasn't so long ago....

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/42/82640563_05fa9405f0.jpg

If they didn't teach you to root for your state above anything else, then they just didn't teach you right!

King_LeYoeNidas
11-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Horns 56-12
OSU plays Oklahoma to a close game but loses.
Baylor shocks the nation and beats Tech and you hear a collective "lol" being typed by sports writers across the country.
Texas gets top seed.

Everything is right with the world.

martwayne
11-27-2008, 01:53 AM
baylor beating texas tech, what have you been doing today. did you loose your mind. come on get with the real world man.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-27-2008, 01:59 AM
yeah that probably what Penn State fans said a few weeks back.

martwayne
11-27-2008, 02:10 AM
iowa has won alot of games over the years in the big 10 conference, and baylor has won how many since the big 12 started maybe 15 total conference games. get real

raider red 2000
11-27-2008, 08:53 AM
i assume it was an atm fan that said that baylor will beat tech....since most of baylor's confrence wins are against the aggies.

the ut game wont be colse...although i wish that somehow both teams could lose. :)

ILS1
11-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Horns 56-12
OSU plays Oklahoma to a close game but loses.
Baylor shocks the nation and beats Tech and you hear a collective "lol" being typed by sports writers across the country.
Texas gets top seed.

Everything is right with the world.

You got 2 of 3 right,I think.

1. 52-10. Why not? The teams they were suppose to blow out (Florida Atlantic,Rice & Arkansas) they beat by the same score. And the 2nd & 3rd teamers play most of the 2nd half!!! So why not A & M? I know Mack doesn't like to run up the score. But for BCS standings and style points he has to. I know all you Aggie fans think I'm being mean but I remember the mid 80's. When the Horns were average at best and Jackie Sherrill would go to GREAT links to run up the score and rub it in their faces. Pay backs a B*&#H!!!!

2. I agree. OSU gives OU a great game but the Sooners squeak by on a late FG.

3. You don't know how much I wish Baylor pulls the upset!!! But Tech is playing at home and they will feast on the Bears. Leach is gonna run up the score and put up all kinds of numbers to try and impress the BCS!!!

Go Horns and Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

wimbo_pro
11-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats

Understood...but there is something to be said about being an Aggie first, and then a Texan second, at least when it comes to sports. Of course I would hope you are an American first, a Texan second and an Aggie third in all other endeavors.

Panther One
11-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I want to see A&M play well and possibly upset the Longhorns. I could really care less about Texas' national title hopes right now. You have to root for your team first. Whatever happens after that happens. If OU does end up playing in the BCS championship game, there will be plenty of Texans involved, so not all is bad. I'm sure Longhorn fans hate seeing OU in the title game more than the rest of us. For me, I'd rather see any Big XII team win it over any other conference.