PDA

View Full Version : Attention Basketball coaches........

Bull Butter
11-26-2008, 01:36 AM
When, you're getting beat by 30 points in the 4th Quarter, it's not the referees fault, so get off their case. It's also not the fault of the clock keeper or the guy doing the scorebook.

Every game I see this; Some team is getting their butts handed to them and the coach is all over the refs like it's 50-49. Maybe if you yelled at your players like you do at the refs, they'd be more competitive:confused:

wildstangs
11-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Good advice. Last week my 8th graders won a game 38-0. I was yelling at them to throw the ball 5 times before even attempting a shot.

Troybuilt
11-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
When, you're getting beat by 30 points in the 4th Quarter, it's not the referees fault, so get off their case. It's also not the fault of the clock keeper or the guy doing the scorebook.

Every game I see this; Some team is getting their butts handed to them and the coach is all over the refs like it's 50-49. Maybe if you yelled at your players like you do at the refs, they'd be more competitive:confused:

Thats stupid. Refs need to constantly work to get better just like coaches and players. So many refs have an attitude tthat they are the know all end all of the game. The most common problem with refs is they are not consistant with their calling and the game dictates how they call the game. Be consistant, do your job right and you wont get yelled at!

3afan
11-26-2008, 09:10 AM
some coaches will B&M at the refs/umps even when they're up big ....

just last week I had a HS fall league coach all over me over a close play at 2nd - in the 1st inning - in a fall league (practice) game ...... I ended it quickly but he just wouldn't let it go, so I restricted him to the dugout but he kept yelling ... next inning he stepped out to go pee so seized the opportunity & sent him to the parking lot. problem solved.

Johnny Utah
11-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Bull, I disagree. Coach hard all the time, no matter what.

3afan
11-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Bull, I disagree. Coach hard all the time, no matter what.

yelling, screaming at the refs/umps is not "coaching" -- the good ones state their opinions then let it go and COACH

coach
11-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Good advice. Last week my 8th graders won a game 38-0. I was yelling at them to throw the ball 5 times before even attempting a shot.

38-0? you should have at least let them score

wildstangs
11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by coach
38-0? you should have at least let them score

I wasn't going to tell my kids to quit playing. To me, that would be more embarrassing for the other team/coach. They had several free throw attempts as well as about 10 other shots that just wouldnt fall.

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
i won my first game of the season this year 50-10...i had to pull my post because she kept blocking shots in the 4th quarter and she already had like 12-13. i mean i love that she was playing agressive d but what put it over the top was when a girl shot a jump shot and she went up and did what looked like a 2 handed volleyball block at the net right into the girls face...she didnt mean to but i mean it was bad

Keystonepride
11-27-2008, 01:49 AM
As long as he is not getting technicals he can coach however he wants in my opinion....

maybe you should send him an email and have him join the message boards and we can straighten this coach out....he obviously needs help...LOL

JR2004
11-27-2008, 02:09 AM
I don't have any problem with coaches yelling at basketball officials up 50 or down 50.

Johnny Utah
11-27-2008, 09:06 AM
3a, you are correct. Never said to yell and scream at refs, but I do believe coaches should coach their kids no matter what. Is that better?