PDA

View Full Version : SO this is kinda footbal related...

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
My girlfriend had a persuasive essay do for her college english class, so she comes up to me and she was like I need your help, which suprised the heck out of me cause she is a very talented writer. But anyway I ask what it has to be about and she says anything and then when I asked her what she wanted to write about the most marvelous thing happened...she said I wanna write an essay on why college football should have a playoff system instead of using the BCS...I love her :inlove:

and if this doesnt really count as sports related sorry

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 01:31 PM
She's just using you for a good grade. :D

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Well then I say we help her ot a little and provide her with some ammunition for her paper:

If I were writing a paper on this topic I would use the 6-team playoff system for the first playoff system in D1 college football...

It would allow us to still us all the current ranking systems for something meaningful and allow for a champion to be determined on the field.

First of all the Big 10 and Pac 10 would need to have a championship game....possibly realigning their entire conferences as well into 2 divisions like the other major ones do.

Here is how it would work this year if the rankings ended today:

#1 Alabama and #2 Texas get the byes

#3 Oklahoma and #6 Penn State play in the Sun Bowl and the winner plays Oklahoma

#4 Florida and #5 USC play in the Sugar Bowl and the winner plays Texas

Next Round if the seeds playout:

#1 Alabama and #3 Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl

#2 Texas and #4 Florida in the Orange Bowl

Final:

#1 Alabama and #2 Texas in the Rose Bowl for the Naional Title

Rotate the #3/#6 game each year and award it to a lesser but well known bowl (Sun, Cotton, Gator, Liberty, etc)

and also Rotate the other games each year so every four years each bowl gets #4/#5, THE FOOTBALL FINAL FOUR and The National Title game.....

This system allows for the ranking systems to be in place and be a VERY important part of college football while allowing for a naional champion on the field.....

tell her good luck on the paper...and hang onto that girl

she's a "keeper"