PDA

View Full Version : So heres my solution for the BCS

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2008, 12:29 AM
As we all know I bleed burnt orange and I hate the BCS, however if the BCS wanted a way to get out of this mess, heres my solution if Bama wins out, convince the AP and Harris Poll to move Utah up and then have a NC game between two undefeated teams. Yeah I know it prolly wouldnt be pretty but imagine if that happened and Utah gave Bama a good game then the BCS would be out mess free and quite honestly who could complain, of course this is just wishful thinking, so BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2008, 12:43 AM
oh ya and since I'm on the subject consider this,
1. Alabama loses to Florida in the SEC Championship game
2. Texas wins against A&M but is leaped frog by OU because
3.OU wins against OSU and puts them ahead of UT and puts OU in the Big XII championship game and they beat Mizzou.
4. Florida loses to Florida State but beats Alabama in the SEC championship game...
5. USC-doesnt really count in my book i dont care if they win out or not, I dont see them playing for the NC

does this lead to a UT/OU rematch...I'm just sayin

D_bird
11-24-2008, 01:42 AM
I thought one of the critera for playing for the national championship was winning your conference, I am probably completely wrong but I thought I had heard that last year

eagles_victory
11-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by D_bird
I thought one of the critera for playing for the national championship was winning your conference, I am probably completely wrong but I thought I had heard that last year No it has happened before Nebraska played for the National title in 01 I want to say without even making the conference championship. OU played for it in 04 I believe it was after losing to K-State in the Big 12 championship game so it has been done.

D_bird
11-24-2008, 02:17 AM
If there was a scenario to where we could have Utah play Boise St for the National Chamionship I would be all for that. Then everyone would demand change

Footballhudini
11-24-2008, 03:40 AM
GW >> BCS

thatboiwes
11-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by D_bird
If there was a scenario to where we could have Utah play Boise St for the National Chamionship I would be all for that. Then everyone would demand change

I'd watch it!

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Here's a great scenario:

Florida loses to Florida State this Saturday, then beats Alabama in the SEC title game by a last-second field goal.

Oklahoma goes to the Big XII Championship and gets beaten by Mizzou.

Oregon State wins this weekend.

Alabama and Texas play for the National Championship despite not winning their conference, Tech doesn't make the BCS despite having only one loss. Oregon State wins the automatic BCS berth for the Pac-10.

Alabama and Texas have already taken at-large berths, Utah is guaranteed an at-large berth.

So you have your six conference winners, and you're left with only one spot between Ohio State, USC, Tech, Oklahoma, etc.