PDA

View Full Version : What county is Brownwood in?

Necks_Fan
11-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Cuz I'm looking some things up in mapquest and it shows 3 different Brownwoods, in 3 different counties in Texas.

So which county is home to the Lions? :confused:

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Brown County I believe...

Necks_Fan
11-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Brown County I believe... That's what I thought.

North of Austin? :thinking:

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
That's what I thought.

North of Austin? :thinking:

Northwest... North of the geographical center of Texas ('around Brady)... South, Southeast of Abilene?

Necks_Fan
11-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Northwest... North of the geographical center of Texas ('around Brady)... South, Southeast of Abilene? Cool. I learned something now. :nerd:

Yea, was thinking about LH/Sweetwater.... but that's too far.

I need the Panthers to play closer to me. Haha.

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Cool. I learned something now. :nerd:

used to it'd be no problem, they'd play in Vic, Seguin, SA etc... but now they're in Region 1 3A Oklahoma or Kansas or wherever they're playing...

Necks_Fan
11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
used to it'd be no problem, they'd play in Vic, Seguin, SA etc... but now they're in Region 1 3A Oklahoma or Kansas or wherever they're playing... Lol. Man, I got school in the morning. Time for me to go to bed.

Thanks for the info. Maybe me and Gramps will come up with something we can't pass up in the morning.

We thought about going to North SAhore ISD stadium to watch Angleton play... because they are the closest team to us still in the playoffs, but we don;t care too much about the wildcats. I'll I know about them is Quandre Diggs is the fastest man I have ever seen and he is related to Quentin Jammer of the Chargers.

Good luck to the Turkeys. ;)

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Cool. I learned something now. :nerd:

Better go see them this week...or have to wait till next year!!!!:D :D :D

Looking4number8
11-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Brownwood is in Brown County. Did you know that Brownwood was actually Brown Texas until 1969 when Gordon Wood won his 4th state championship of the 60's. They then renamed the town BrownWood in his honor. The W is still capitalized on all city limits signs with a small photo of him at the bottom of each sign.

wimbo_pro
11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Brownwood is in Brown County. Did you know that Brownwood was actually Brown Texas until 1969 when Gordon Wood won his 4th state championship of the 60's. They then renamed the town BrownWood in his honor. The W is still capitalized on all city limits signs with a small photo of him at the bottom of each sign.

you're kidding, right?

ronwx5x
11-24-2008, 01:02 PM

I'm older than the sixties and know this to be NOT!

Lion_Addict
11-24-2008, 01:04 PM

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Looking4number8
11-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
you're kidding, right?

Yep, it is a bold face lie.. I was just bored.. I used to tell guys in college that bs and it always amazed me how many belived it.

Phantom Stang
11-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Now who would take the bait on something as absurd as that?:thinking:
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
you're kidding, right?
Looking4number8 got him one!!