PDA

View Full Version : I know Bob Shipley said Burnet was his dream job, but...

HotDawg89
12-15-2003, 11:33 PM
This is purely rumor, and speculation- I have no reason to believe this, but I'd like to see what you guys think...

Jordan Shipley was set to graduate at the end of this week and go to UT for spring training, as McGee heads off to A&M for the same.

Shipley has decided not to do so just yet. In the meantime- there is a rumor floating around that Bob has been offered a "nice" coaching position at Texas Tech. Kind of makes a person wonder doesn't it?

Is Shipley gonna leave Burnet and take Jordan with him??? Lots of people are asking lots of questions.

I really hope not. Anyone else?

KTJ
12-15-2003, 11:37 PM
There has been the Jordan going to Tech rumor floating around for a while now. We here at the 40 Acres are wondering what the hell is going on. And we're getting kind of worried.

However, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Bob Shipley got offered another job...but I was thinking more 4A/5A, not collegiate.

kaorder1999
12-15-2003, 11:41 PM
KTJ:
There has been the Jordan going to Tech rumor floating around for a while now. We here at the 40 Acres are wondering what the hell is going on. And we're getting kind of worried.

However, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Bob Shipley got offered another job...but I was thinking more 4A/5A, not collegiate.i agree

HotDawg89
12-15-2003, 11:50 PM
He's coached collegiate before. It wouldn't be his first rodeo...

bulldogvet85
12-15-2003, 11:52 PM
yeah there were rumors that shipley may go play at tech. So if jordan goes then we knew that was a possibility, if bob goes thats a sursprise I would think that he move to 4a or 5a but hey if the offer is there why not go for it.

bulldogvet85
12-15-2003, 11:53 PM
HotDawg89:
He's coached collegiate before. It wouldn't be his first rodeo...where was this at?

HotDawg89
12-16-2003, 12:02 AM
bulldogvet85:

HotDawg89:
He's coached collegiate before. It wouldn't be his first rodeo...where was this at?Crud, I knew someone would ask that...I want to say ACU, but I could be wrong. I know he did though, I heard it at church, and I've heard my husband talk about it before too.

Old Dog
12-16-2003, 01:36 AM
Pretty sure the ACU is correct. Rumor is a 5A school flirted with Coach Shipley after last year, but he wanted Jordan to finish in Burnet. Kin of mine coaches northeast of here and said that Coach Shipley's name pops up at every coaching job that opens up.

We have to face facts, if he gets 4A/5A offers, Burnet just could not afford to keep him and you couldn't expect him to not better his family financially.

With school board backing, he improved a decent program into a very good one (from Middle School on up). I don't think this school board will let that go down the tubes.

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

dawgdad
12-16-2003, 02:40 AM
Stop the rumors people. unless you know for sure, shut up. Bob Shipley is the best thing that has happened to Burnet football. Bob Shipley and Coach Willman are the best thing that has happened to my kid. Remember the days of Coach Abernathy. Burnet football owes alot to the guys behind the scenes, and Jordan Shipley was NOT the only kid on the field that Bob Shipley took care of. GET OFF&gt;

eagle.eyes
12-16-2003, 06:38 AM
Speaking of rumors, some student friends of mine in Austin said this past weekend they've been hearing of possible UT recruiting infractions being looked in to. If at all true, that can sure change a decision!

spiveyrat
12-16-2003, 07:17 AM
What is ACU? Never heard of it. (Or, maybe I have and it's just too early for my brain to kick in. :D )

Cameronbystander
12-16-2003, 08:24 AM
ACU = Abilene Christain University

Sinton94
12-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Dawg that would be good news for Shipley if that were true........not bad!!!

DogDoc
12-16-2003, 09:16 AM
I don't have any knowledge of anything on this, but from watching Jordan Shipley play the last two state games I would think he would love the offense at TT or even at Houston even more than Texas. Those are both gold mine places for recievers to put up huge numbers. As far as his dad goes with the success he's had you have to expect some people to come calling, but that doesn't mean he will see greener grass in a new pasture. good luck to all the Burnet kids.

spiveyrat
12-16-2003, 09:19 AM
Cameronbystander:
ACU = Abilene Christain UniversityThank you! Of course I've heard of that! Brain just wasn't switched on yet! DUH! :D

HotDawg89
12-16-2003, 09:23 AM
dawgdad:
Stop the rumors people. unless you know for sure, shut up. Bob Shipley is the best thing that has happened to Burnet football. Bob Shipley and Coach Willman are the best thing that has happened to my kid. Remember the days of Coach Abernathy. Burnet football owes alot to the guys behind the scenes, and Jordan Shipley was NOT the only kid on the field that Bob Shipley took care of. GET OFF&gt;Geezz, lighten up- I totally agree with you that Bob is the best thing to happen at this school in a long time. I went to school in the days of Abernathy, and my dad seethes when you even mention his name... I'd hate to see Shipley leave. I said it was purely rumor and spreculation, and that I had no reason to believe it were true- it was for discussion. This is a DISCUSSION board fellow dog. No one is trying to smear a good man's name. Your post was rude, andkind of uncalled for. We're just talking and discussing.

HotDawg89
12-16-2003, 09:27 AM
DogDoc:
I don't have any knowledge of anything on this, but from watching Jordan Shipley play the last two state games I would think he would love the offense at TT or even at Houston even more than Texas. Those are both gold mine places for recievers to put up huge numbers. As far as his dad goes with the success he's had you have to expect some people to come calling, but that doesn't mean he will see greener grass in a new pasture. good luck to all the Burnet kids.I agree with you about the opportunities at Tech for Jordan. I just can't see Bob leaving, he's got his whole family here and still has young kids to raise. But then again- when you are a coach, you go where the jobs take you.

BHS#1
12-16-2003, 09:40 AM
<small>[ December 16, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

Haunta Yo
12-16-2003, 09:50 AM
He can probably be a 4A coach in Feb. if he stays in Burnet. Moving and starting up a new program takes a HUGE amount of effort and it's a gamble because a new community may not buy into what Coach Shipley's done.

This does bring up another question:
Will Matt328 and other members branch off and form "4A Up High" once realignment takes place.

olddog73
12-16-2003, 10:11 AM
I support Coach Shipley in what ever position he decides to take. Hes earned any offers that he may get and I will always appreciate what hes done for Burnet. Personally I expect both Jordan and Dad to Be wearing Burnt Orange and White next year. I also think this will allow Coach Shipley to keep his family in Burnet if they choose. Its not a bad commute to Austin. I wish him luck in what ever he decides to do.

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

barney rubble
12-16-2003, 11:27 AM
BHS#1:
This is what I know that Jordan and Steven went to the Texas Tech to talk with the coach about going to school there and the coach had a bottle of Whiskey on he desk. I don't think Coach Shipley would go and work for a person like that. So why don't ya'll stop all the rumors. I don't think you ought to start anything unless you know it for a fact. Which means you heard it from Coach Shipley. His family gets mad because people start these rumors and they get bombard with questions.Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You are advising others not to stir up rumors, when you are telling us that you know that the Tech coach had a bottle of whiskey on his desk. Were you at the meeting with this Tech coach? No. So do you know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the whiskey story is true? No. So are you spreading a rumor? Absolutely. Physician heal thyself!

BHS#1
12-16-2003, 11:53 AM
That is not a rumor!

District303aPastPlayer
12-16-2003, 12:08 PM
then you were in the room when the meeting took place, if it is not a rumor.

Titans
12-16-2003, 12:59 PM
For crying out loud - it wasn't a bottle whiskey....that rumor is only that...a rumor!

It was a case of whiskey.

LOL

I will bet all of Bob Shipley's money that NO coach in America, except for Mack Brown after every UT/OU games, has a bottle of whiskey just sitting on their desk.

What an idiotic rumor to be starting, BHS!!!!!

BHS#1
12-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Believe what you want all the stuff on this board is rumor. And we are not going to read that Coach Shipley is leaving on this board he has more class than that.

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

Titans
12-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Believe what YOU want as well. You get angry when someone starts discussing the possibility of Coach Shipley shipping off to another school

(ONLY A RUMOR)

but then you start one about the Tech coaches.

SO, it's ok to start a rumor about the Tech coaches, but NOT Coach Shipley.

Oh...believe what you want. You do the same also.

HotDawg89
12-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Titans:
For crying out loud - it wasn't a bottle whiskey....that rumor is only that...a rumor!

It was a case of whiskey.

LOL

ROFLMAO!!!! Too much~ :D

HotDawg89
12-16-2003, 05:15 PM
For crying out loud, relax. It is a discussion. The job he holds is a very public job, is it not? Why isn't it okay to discuss the possibility of him leaving Burnet for greener pastures?

Sure, lots of people would be dissappointed to see him leave, but I think there would be a lot of support for him as well. He is a great man, and they are a really nice family. He has his family's future to think about, whatever he may or may not do.

I'd pat him on the back and be proud to say "He coached at Burnet once and led us to the state championship game twice within 3 years..." he's accomplished a lot. Any school with an open opportunity would be stupid not to take a look at him at the very least.

BHS#1, you're right, we're not going to hear about him leaving on a message board, we'll hear it from the man himself if it happens- but there is nothing wrong with speculating and discussing. Burnet simply can't pay him what he is worth, and the school board knows it. But he had an opportunity to leave last year, and he didn't. So who knows???

PEOPLE- that is why this is a discussion board. :rolleyes:

marktaras
12-16-2003, 05:55 PM
This really ticks me off! NOBODY offered me whiskey when I visited schools!

olddog73
12-16-2003, 10:17 PM
HotDawg89:
For crying out loud, relax. It is a discussion. The job he holds is a very public job, is it not? Why isn't it okay to discuss the possibility of him leaving Burnet for greener pastures?

Sure, lots of people would be dissappointed to see him leave, but I think there would be a lot of support for him as well. He is a great man, and they are a really nice family. He has his family's future to think about, whatever he may or may not do.

I'd pat him on the back and be proud to say "He coached at Burnet once and led us to the state championship game twice within 3 years..." he's accomplished a lot. Any school with an open opportunity would be stupid not to take a look at him at the very least.

BHS#1, you're right, we're not going to hear about him leaving on a message board, we'll hear it from the man himself if it happens- but there is nothing wrong with speculating and discussing. Burnet simply can't pay him what he is worth, and the school board knows it. But he had an opportunity to leave last year, and he didn't. So who knows???

PEOPLE- that is why this is a discussion board. :rolleyes: Last year he had a son that would be a senior this year.

BHS#1
12-16-2003, 10:43 PM
This is straight from the halls of Burnet High School he is NOT leaving!!!!! wink wink wink

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

HotDawg89
12-17-2003, 09:28 AM
olddog73
Last year he had a son that would be a senior this year.************************************
Ahh,, this is true.

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

HotDawg89
12-17-2003, 09:30 AM
BHS#1:
This is straight from the halls of Burnet High School he is NOT leaving!!!!! wink wink wink Yeah, I trust those halls. :rolleyes:
Those are the same halls that are coming up with the rumor that Gainesville is being tested for steroids. Come on- that is ludicrous. Trusting gossip from the halls of BHS. puleeze. :rolleyes:

HotDawg89
12-17-2003, 09:33 AM
marktaras:
This really ticks me off! NOBODY offered me whiskey when I visited schools!LOL!!

dawg03
12-17-2003, 11:10 AM
dawgdad:
Stop the rumors people. unless you know for sure, shut up. Bob Shipley is the best thing that has happened to Burnet football. Bob Shipley and Coach Willman are the best thing that has happened to my kid. Remember the days of Coach Abernathy. Burnet football owes alot to the guys behind the scenes, and Jordan Shipley was NOT the only kid on the field that Bob Shipley took care of. GET OFF&gt;Coach Willmann is the best thing that happened to alot of people! He is an amazing coach!

KTJ
12-21-2003, 09:37 PM
http://mb10.theinsiders.com/fraiderpowerfrm2.showMessage?topicID=18481.topic

Those crazy Techsters...

ldenison6
12-21-2003, 10:20 PM
people ,foreal dont start saying stuff unless u know for sure,when u say something then everyone says something,and i dont think it was whiskey on tha desk

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2003, 12:06 AM
ldenison6:
people ,foreal dont start saying stuff unless u know for sure,when u say something then everyone says something,and i dont think it was whiskey on tha deskif this were the case iwth everyone, then no one would talk at all...