PDA

View Full Version : The Originals!!

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 09:58 PM
BearCat1, Jacket44, and Gobbla- In case everybody forgot- The founders of this board. Liked it better when ya'll were in charge.:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, they're not so deal with it.

kepdawg
11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
:thinking: random

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, they're not so deal with it. BURN!!!!

Lol. But good info, I had no idea they had founded the 3ADL.

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
BearCat1, Jacket44, and Gobbla- In case everybody forgot- The founders of this board. Liked it better when ya'll were in charge.:clap: :clap: :clap:

What brought that on??

Forget it....I just saw your "drunk post!":doh:

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
BURN!!!!

Lol. But good info, I had no idea they had founded the 3ADL.

2 of the 3 names haven't posted in YEARS.....why would you even have an idea?

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
2 of the 3 names haven't posted in YEARS.....why would you even have an idea? Well, I have been a member since like 06 or something, and I read before that..... but IDK. I guess that's why I didn't have any idea.

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, I have been a member since like 06 or something, and I read before that..... but IDK. I guess that's why I didn't have any idea.

I think all that changed in 2004....I have been here since 2002 and Gobbla wasn't "in charge" at that time....he may have been at one point, but not while I have been here, if I remember correctly!!

CHS_CG
11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Its just fine how it is now.....:1popcorn:

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
I found this site from "The Pig" and been here ever since. Bearcat and Gobbla started this thing and Jacket come in later but it keeps on rollin. But folks talk about the game not what kudos people said or didn't say about your team. P4S!!

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:24 PM
I found this site from "The Pig" and been here ever since. Bearcat and Gobbla started this thing and Jacket come in later but it keeps on rollin. But folks talk about the game not what kudos people said or didn't say about your team. P4S!!

Good grief....you act like that goes on in every single thread!!!

This board is WAY bigger than it was 5 years ago, and more people are gonna talk about more things....that's just the way it is!

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
LMAO!!! Ya'll moved it to the non-sports forum. Let everybody know who REALLY started this forum. Start the "History Of The Downlow".:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: I got SEVERAL bags of popcorn for this one!

kepdawg
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
LMAO!!! Ya'll moved it to the non-sports forum. Let everybody know who REALLY started this forum. Start the "History Of The Downlow".:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: I got SEVERAL bags of popcorn for this one!

Do you think it's some kind of secret or something?

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM

It has never been a secret who started this board!!:confused:

sinton66
11-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Different strokes for different folks.;)

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 10:29 PM
It's not like ANY of the current mods or admins have denied who started it or claim to have done so ourselves! You're not talking sports on this thread.

CHS_CG
11-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Good grief....you act like that goes on in every single thread!!!

This board is WAY bigger than it was 5 years ago, and more people are gonna talk about more things....that's just the way it is!

:iagree:

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Also....none of the current mods or admins
(except Administrator) had anything to do with how the ones "in charge" changed hands!!!!

The rest of us weren't mods or admins at the time!!

CHS_CG
11-23-2008, 10:33 PM
I will quote my friend's band....

"Drunk people suck... when you ain't drunk"

SWMustang
11-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Also....none of the current mods or admins
(except Administrator) had anything to do with how the ones "in charge" changed hands!!!!

The rest of us weren't mods or admins at the time!!

can you repeat that again? I'm not sure I caught it the first two times? :D

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 10:35 PM
I found this site from "The Pig" and been here ever since. Bearcat and Gobbla started this thing and Jacket come in later but it keeps on rollin. But folks talk about the game not what kudos people said or didn't say about your team. P4S!! I was just responding to something else! I'm allowed to do that just like you're allowed to start this kind of thread.

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
can you repeat that again? I'm not sure I caught it the first two times? :D

I'm not sure how I did that....but I deleted one and then saw your post!!:doh:

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I was just responding to something else! I'm allowed to do that just like you're allowed to start this kind of thread.

IMO, starting this kind of thread on a FOOTBALL board is sillier than what he is complaining about!!:thinking:

CHS_CG
11-23-2008, 10:45 PM
IMO, starting this kind of thread on a FOOTBALL board is sillier than what he is complaining about!!:thinking:

isnt that how it usually goes with people who think they can do things better.

kepdawg
11-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

It's how I got a whole forum to myself!

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

Oh well....it does no good to reason, in this case, so I won't even bother!!

CHS_CG
11-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh well....it does no good to reason, in this case, so I won't even bother!!

but i'd be fun to watch

sinton66
11-23-2008, 10:52 PM
I've always found it's hard to argue with a twelve pack.:D

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I've always found it's hard to argue with a twelve pack.:D LMAO....

I guess the 3ADL should make that thing that google did or whatever to prevent drunk people from emailing. We should do that with the 3ADL. We should be asked a series of math questions before each post to ensure we aern't drunk or high.

:D :cool:

Emerson1
11-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Not in charge but possibly around? :thinking:

CHS_CG
11-23-2008, 11:00 PM
LMAO....

I guess the 3ADL should make that thing that google did or whatever to prevent drunk people from emailing. We should do that with the 3ADL. We should be asked a series of math questions before each post to ensure we aern't drunk or high.

:D :cool:

lol that'd be funny

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Not in charge but possibly around? :thinking:
And your point is? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 10:04 AM

Now that I think about it...wasn't it actually Jacket2000? (because we referred to him as J2k!):D

jason
11-24-2008, 10:17 AM
We should be asked a series of math questions before each post to ensure we aern't drunk or high.

:D :cool: that would prevent 75% of the posters from posting, whether they are drunk or not...

BwdLion73
11-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by jason
that would prevent 75% of the posters from posting, whether they are drunk or not...

:D I think I'm going to take off early and go home and get drunk so I can post.

sinfan75
11-24-2008, 06:45 PM
LMAO....

:D :cool: I'm better at math when I've been drinkin. I make better guesses. :D Sorry about startin this thread. didn't intend to make anybody mad if I did.

sinfan75
11-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Now that I think about it...wasn't it actually Jacket2000? (because we referred to him as J2k!):D You're right it was J2K. Don't know where I got 44 from.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 07:01 PM
You're right it was J2K. Don't know where I got 44 from.

And....what were you saying about making better guesses???

:D :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm better at math when I've been drinkin. I make better guesses. :D Sorry about startin this thread. didn't intend to make anybody mad if I did. :doh: Sinfan75 why did u sober up , go get another sip :spitlol:

:D you mention it last night you would post about the begining of the downlow once you sober up :p

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:doh: Sinfan75 why did u sober up , go get another sip :spitlol:

:D you mention it last night you would post about the begining of the downlow once you sober up :p

Originally posted by big daddy russ
The way I understand it, Gobbla and bearcat1 used to be buds on either the old Pig, TexPreps, or one of those sites. Gobbla had already started his own little message board, a Cuero board, but as it grew Administrator (whose name also happens to be Matt, just not the same guy as Matt328) stepped in and offered to help out getting this board started.

Gobbla and Bearcat teamed up, and brought Matt328 into the fold. As everything became more organized, a few more moderators stepped in. When I got here in the Spring of 2002 (I had another name before I registered as big daddy russ, just couldn't remember any of my info after being AWOL that summer) there were five moderators, plus Admin.

Gobbla was kind of the "overseer" while the four others maintained the regional pages, another part of the original Downlow which has since died. Matt328 (from the D/FW area), bearcat1 (Aledo, I think), Jacket2000 (from Stephenville???), and toby (San Marcos) were the other moderators back then. Those regional pages I was talking about had top-ten rankings, district standings/lineups, every team in 3A and its mascot, etc. I know toby was our R4 guy, and I want to say Matt took care of R1, but I can't exactly remember.

But anyways, bearcat, Gobbla, and toby's participation in the board slowly declined as other areas of life demanded their attention, and before you knew it Matt was going to college, working, and running the board by himself. J2K also helped, but there wound up being a shakeup (during my second time AWOL, don't remember all of what happened, but I remember that it was just a big miscommunication) where J2K left and Matt was left with the sole responsibility of the Downlow.

That was entirely too much, with all the regional pages and such, for one man to run. So the regional pages were nixed and Matt started looking elsewhere for help.

That's when the newest wave of mods were introduced to the board. LHPM, Sinton66, Slpy, and RangerMom.

The details may be a little off, but from what I understand of everything that's pretty much how it shook out. Gobbla and Matt could help you out more with all the fuzzy areas.

Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I had a Cuero site, bearcat1 had an Aledo and Ralls site, we had known each other online for a couple of years and talked about stuff frequently, decided to have site dedicated to 3A so we did and that was the 2000 season (so this is the downlow's 7th season)... we had a small Bravenet forum, it was alright, had some hits though just not a lot... Matthew328 jumped onboard somewhere in the first season... forget if it was just as the season started or half-through or what... We actually won an award the first year... like some sports-site award... we were like "For real?"

Somewhere between the '00 and '01 season, Matt (Administrator Matt, not Matthew328 Matt) contacted me or us or whatever, forget how... Admin-Matt and I had a few conversations back and forth via email about him giving us a message board... but it wasn't just the message board, it was the domain name, www.3adownlow.com... before we were www.3adownlow.com, we were wwwww.homestead.football.homestead.con/damn-dont-you-wish-this-link-was-shorter...

It was pretty much the coolest thing... I remember bearcat1 not being so hot on the idea of someone we didn't know coming in and giving us a domain name and message board through his company (believe it was his company or the one he worked for whatever)... but I talked her into it, and after a long time and some donation drives etc... here we are...

And about me being member #5... fact is, Admin was member #1 and I was #2 to join, why I'm #5 now I do not know...

And as always, I made the first post on here ever..... EVVVVVVVVVVVERRRR!

gobbler grad
11-24-2008, 07:35 PM

:D :D :D :clap:

sinfan75
11-24-2008, 08:20 PM
And....what were you saying about making better guesses???

:D :D That wasn't math:D

sinfan75
11-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Because it was alot easier to wait for somebody else to bring up an old thread about it than me tryin to type it all up. THANKS MOM!!:D :D

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Because it was alot easier to wait for somebody else to bring up an old thread about it than me tryin to type it all up. THANKS MOM!!:D :D

See!! We aren't so bad.......are we??

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It's how I got a whole forum to myself!

LOL :clap:

Trashman
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Why does everyone feel that if they don't like something, the rest of us have to change to suit them? If and when I decide that this site is not what I think it needs to be, I am free to go to another site or maybe, God forbid, start my own. To borrow from an old bumper sticker; "3ADL Love It Or Leave It."

Exit soap box stage left............

PS: RM, P4S and LHPM I love you guys, your doing a fantastic job. If I weren't already married to the love of my life .............Well let's just leave it there.............:D :D :D