PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!!!!

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I have the hardest decision EVER!

I WANT to go to Lufkin to on Friday to watch

Arp (12-0) vs. Kirbyville (11-0), 6 p.m. Friday, Martin Stadium, Lufkin

THEN... stay the night and watch

Gilmer (11-1) vs. West Orange-Stark (10-0), 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Martin Stadium, Lufkin

But Gramps wants to go see

(2A) Altair Rice Consolidated (11-0) vs. George West (11-0), 1 p.m. Saturday, Memorial Stadium, Victoria

Then 3 hours later

(2A) East Bernard (9-2) vs. Refugio (12-0), 7 p.m. Saturday, Memorial Stadium, Victoria

I wouldn't mind watching the 2A games in Victoria, but I am so excited to see Gilmer/WO-S. I have no idea what to do.

It's a win-win though.

What should I do?

injuredinmelee
11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
go to Lufkin and put gramps on a greyhound to Victoria.

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
go to Lufkin and put gramps on a greyhound to Victoria. It's not as much fun if I don't have somebody to holler at over the insane noise of the crowd. :(

He's South Texas born and raised, so he wants to Check out the 2A games in Victoria. I am biased towards 3A because of this site.

IDK, we'll figure soemthing out.

We might go to Friday night, then watch Gilmer/WO-S then hit the road and try to make to Victoria by 7.

I don't think we could though.

JasperDog94
11-23-2008, 10:23 PM
At the risk of over-hyping the game, that Gilmer/WOS game could be one for the ages. Incredible defense versus unstoppable offense. I'd go Lufkin all the way.

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Gramps threw this isea out there.

Friday at 7:30 in Round Rock to watch LaVega/Navasota them, stay the night and head to Victoria for the double header.

That doesn't sound trashy. :)

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
We might go to Friday night, then watch Gilmer/WO-S then hit the road and try to make to Victoria by 7.
Lol. Not going to happen. Mpquest shows 286 miles. Over 4 hours.

Haha.... not going to happen unless we're in an airplane. :doh:

44INAROW
11-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Gramps threw this isea out there.

Friday at 7:30 in Round Rock to watch LaVega/Navasota them, stay the night and head to Victoria for the double header.

That doesn't sound trashy. :)

sounds like a good idea to me........ wherever you end up going - have a safe trip..

ps I'd like to meet gramps someday he sounds like a neat guy ;)

kepdawg
11-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Go to Lufkin!

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
sounds like a good idea to me........ wherever you end up going - have a safe trip..

ps I'd like to meet gramps someday he sounds like a neat guy ;) You wouldn't regret it. He's awesome.

He'll take me just about anywhere I want to go, football related. :)

He says words can't describe how good Tyler Arndt is though.

He says that boy can turn an average team into a state caliber team by himself.

Needless to say, he was VERY impressed with Cuero on Friday.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I'd love to see Gilmer/WO-S... I'd agree with it being one for the ages...

but in 2A, those two games, those 4 teams? those should be two awesome slugfests, I really enjoy seeing games at that place, but make sure you take everything in you need cuz you'll have to pay to get back in, stadium rules... guess no matter how many cops they put out in the parking lot they can't control the student body or something...

seeing 'Sota and La Vega the night before wouldn't be too shabby at all...

And I agree about Arndt, he's made Cuero better... luckily he has a supporting cast...

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'd love to see Gilmer/WO-S... I'd agree with it being one for the ages...

but in 2A, those two games, those 4 teams? those should be two awesome slugfests, I really enjoy seeing games at that place, but make sure you take everything in you need cuz you'll have to pay to get back in, stadium rules... guess no matter how many cops they put out in the parking lot they can't control the student body or something...

seeing 'Sota and La Vega the night before wouldn't be too shabby at all...

And I agree about Arndt, he's made Cuero better... luckily he has a supporting cast... I imagine if we make it to Victoria, which will most likely happen one way or another, then we would leave and go get something to eat somewhere nice, waste a bit of time, maybe go to academy or wal mart or something then check out the 2nd game.

There is roughly 3 hours between games. The first is at 1:00 I think, and the 2nd is at 7:00.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward Pirates/Rattlers then Double header.

I'd sure hate to miss my chance to see Gilmer though.:(

Ah, we'll figure something out tomorrow. He says we got plenty of time to go where we want Friday because no school.

My list of teams to see is LH, CS, LaVega, Gilmer, Celina, Wylie, etc.

I have seen Navasota/Cuero/ WO-S play before. I'm trying to expand my teams that I have seen. :) (This short list is of only ELITE 3A teams.)
There are SO many more I would like to see. :) :cool:

garciap77
11-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Hope you had a good B-Day!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/NecksHappyBirthday.jpg

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hope you had a good B-Day!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/NecksHappyBirthday.jpg Lol. The birthday was good. It was yesterday, BTW.

Wylie could give me a birthday present by playing a game down here!!!! :mad: :mad:

Lol. I'd like to see you guys play.

garciap77
11-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Lol. The birthday was good. It was yesterday, BTW.

Wylie could give me a birthday present by playing a game down here!!!! :mad: :mad:

Lol. I'd like to see you guys play.

Sorry I was late!

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Necks, I'm hopin' for Wylie/Cuero #2 in Waco again...

Necks_Fan
11-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Necks, I'm hopin' for Wylie/Cuero #2 in Waco again... I'm hoping for Wylie/Cuero #2 somewhere closer!!!!! Haha! :D

Floyd Casey is a HAUL!

wedo
11-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Id go to lufkin.....cuz refugio will beat East Benard..

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm hoping for Wylie/Cuero #2 somewhere closer!!!!! Haha! :D

Floyd Casey is a HAUL!

it's a haul but it's pretty much half-way right on the money... think there may be a 10 mile advantage for one team and that's it...

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Id go to lufkin.....cuz refugio will beat East Benard..

I dunno, you'd think Refugio would have mowed the turf with Tidehaven first round, but didn't... guess a lot of it had to do with the two teams running the same O and D, familiar with each other...

I think Refugio and EB will turn out to be a doozy...

Necks_Fan
11-24-2008, 12:04 AM
it's a haul but it's pretty much half-way right on the money... think there may be a 10 mile advantage for one team and that's it... Mapquest shows 220 miles from my house to Floyd Casey.

MAYBE..... JUST MAYBE if that's a state game, and there isn;t one more appealing that's closer... I MIGHT go.

Haha. We'll see. You had both better take care of business before we even think about the state game.:)

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 12:16 AM
you never go against gramps. GO to victoria!

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Even when he is wrong!:D

Necks_Fan
11-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Even when he is wrong!:D Lol.

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 12:52 AM
necks I will keep you updated on WOS/Gilmer and you keep me updated on the 2A games :thumbsup:

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 12:54 AM
see P4S knows what is right. GRAMPS!

WylieBulldog92
11-24-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm hoping for Wylie/Cuero #2 somewhere closer!!!!! Haha! :D

Floyd Casey is a HAUL!
Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater :D

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater :D Victoria :kiss:

Necks_Fan
11-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Victoria :kiss: NO JOKE!!!

:clap:

IF Sinton makes it to the state game...... then we would have a decent trip. Maybe SA.

Hey p4s, We haven't decided yet. Although it is looking like Victoria for us at this point.

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
N_F....man...I think either way you go....you're in for some good football man. Really can't go wrong here.

Necks_Fan
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
N_F....man...I think either way you go....you're in for some good football man. Really can't go wrong here.

It's a win-win though.

;) :cool:

I know. I am really excited to see the 2A Games, but man, I might seriously hurt myself for not going to Lufkin if that game turns out like we think it might.:foul: :wave:

jason
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
it's a haul but it's pretty much half-way right on the money... think there may be a 10 mile advantage for one team and that's it...

im thinking cuero/wylie and a repeat at george o's beforehand....

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by jason
im thinking cuero/wylie and a repeat at george o's beforehand....

for damn sure

gobbler grad
11-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Your first big decision as an 18 year old...:rolleyes:

grandpa 's gonna win, so you better be going to Victoria...