PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport vs. Monahans - Friday 11/28 @ 6pm - Sweetwater

wildstangs
11-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Assuming Bridgeport wins, will they play Monahans at Sweetwater again? Maybe this time the Bulls will bring their kicker?

Snydertigersrul
11-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Assuming Bridgeport wins, will they play Monahans at Sweetwater again? Maybe this time the Bulls will bring their kicker?

6 P.M. FRIDAY IN SWEETWATER

Go_Wylie2000
11-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

Im there

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Been to 7 on 7, 2 a days, scrimmages and every game, might as well attend this one also!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba-Joe
11-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

GUESS THAT THE DAISY PATCH WASN'T REALLY WANTED HUH

EITHER THAT OR THESE 2 PLAYOFF TEAMS WANTED TO BOTH BRING A BIG CROWD AND NEEDED A REAL FOOTBALL LOCATION LIKE MUSTANG BOWL.....

STANG RED
11-22-2008, 07:54 PM
COME ONE, COME ALL.
WELCOME TO THE MUSTANG BOWL FOLKS!

We ought to be able to have a huge M&G for this one.:D

Bubba-Joe
11-22-2008, 07:58 PM
PARTY AT REDS

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 07:58 PM
I love the Mustang Bowl, I can't imagine it any better playing #1 in Sweetwater, can't wait.

Budman007
11-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

The Bulls have 3 kickers this year. :p

Panther One
11-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Interesting...Bridgeport will be playing on the home field of a team that they could face in the next round.

BullsFan
11-23-2008, 01:08 AM
I think the only team we'll be thinking about next week is the one we're playing. (Although I suspect your game is going to be a heckuva game.)

wtfootball
11-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Last time Bridgeport played a playoff game there was also against Monahans and the winner faced Sweetwater next round and lost.

Bullaholic
11-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Wow---"Slugfest In the West- Part Deux", except I sure am expecting a different result this time. The 2005 affair between Monahans and Bridgeport was more than even the stoutest of heart could stand.

I'm really looking forward to playing Monahans again---their fans and team were really great in 05'---great team with great heart that brings a big, vocal crowd just like the Bulls.

I think the biggest difference in this game will be the Bridgeport "D"---they can really deliver the hits and are versitile, smart, and fast enough to adjust to just about any team's offense. Everybody knows about the Bull "O"---it is just flat hard to keep them under 40 points, and that is tough for any team to keep up with, no matter what offense they run. I know the Loboes have a pretty potent "O" of their own and the Bull "D" will have to step up to the challenge and hold them down enough to allow us to outscore them.

I am really looking forward to seeing many of our Sweetwater friends at this game, as the Mustangs are playing LH on Sat. and the Bulls will be playing in their backyard on Friday, so they can get a taste of what awaits them, if they beat LH. I think you will see a different Bulls team than the one you beat last year.

Looking forward to another really great game between us, except with the right team on the winning end this time----we can kick those PAT's this year.

Go Bulls! The Year of the Bull Continues........

WTF-82
11-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wow---"Slugfest In the West- Part Deux", except I sure am expecting a different result this time. The 2005 affair between Monahans and Bridgeport was more than even the stoutest of heart could stand.

I'm really looking forward to playing Monahans again---their fans and team were really great in 05'---great team with great heart that brings a big, vocal crowd just like the Bulls.

I think the biggest difference in this game will be the Bridgeport "D"---they can really deliver the hits and are versitile, smart, and fast enough to adjust to just about any team's offense. Everybody knows about the Bull "O"---it is just flat hard to keep them under 40 points, and that is tough for any team to keep up with, no matter what offense they run. I know the Loboes have a pretty potent "O" of their own and the Bull "D" will have to step up to the challenge and hold them down enough to allow us to outscore them.

I agree this one is a speciall one the bowl will be rocking thanksgiving weeking everyone will be at there old stomping grounds for the holidays so this one really hase potential to have big atmoshere numbers like in '05 but "Bridgeport looks really good but so does Monahans Lobo D is getting better and performed at its best this season when facing spread teams cant wait for this one I and everyone that bleeds green LOBO GREEN expects to win incluging our Coaches and Kids. Gonna be Fun !!!

GO LOBOES

I am really looking forward to seeing many of our Sweetwater friends at this game, as the Mustangs are playing LH on Sat. and the Bulls will be playing in their backyard on Friday, so they can get a taste of what awaits them, if they beat LH. I think you will see a different Bulls team than the one you beat last year.

Looking forward to another really great game between us, except with the right team on the winning end this time----we can kick those PAT's this year.

Tres Lobos
11-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Should be fun! I wish it was friday already!

Go Loboes!!!!

WTF-82
11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I agree this is a speciall one the bowl will be rocking Thanksgiving weeking everyone will be at there old stomping grounds for the holidays so this one really hase potential to have big atmoshere numbers like in '05 but "Bridgeport looks really good but so does Monahans Lobo D is getting better and performed at its best this season when facing spread teams cant wait for this one I and everyone that bleeds green LOBO GREEN expects to win incluging our Coaches and Kids. Gonna be Fun !!!

GO LOBOES

Sweetwater Red
11-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Okay Monahans posters. Have any of you seen this nude
picture of Faith Hill and Shania Twain making out?:eek:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89803

Budman007
11-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
I agree this is a speciall one the bowl will be rocking Thanksgiving weeking everyone will be at there old stomping grounds for the holidays so this one really hase potential to have big atmoshere numbers like in '05 but "Bridgeport looks really good but so does Monahans Lobo D is getting better and performed at its best this season when facing spread teams cant wait for this one I and everyone that bleeds green LOBO GREEN expects to win incluging our Coaches and Kids. Gonna be Fun !!!

GO LOBOES

Sorry ***-82, no more spread offense for us. Our coaches were so impressed with the Slot-T this week that we're running it from now on. If we throw, it will only be on obvious passing downs. Maybe this well help your D prepare for the Bulls a little bit better?:)

GO BULLS!!!

STANG RED
11-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
PARTY AT REDS

Id love to do it again. But I think we'll be having lots of family house guest for the weekend, so I'm not even going to dare ask the ol ball n chain to add to that. She might just shoot me right on the spot.:D

However, if all the company happens to leave early Friday, we just might try to throw a little something together. But I wouldnt count on it.
None the less, no reason we cant have a big ol m&g under the scoreboard as usual.

Im looking forward to seeing lots of Bulls, Lobos, Stangs, Dawgs, Tiggers, a Ranger or two, and no telling who else at the bowl. I remember it being pretty packed the last time these two got together there.

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Pick 'em

Budman007
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
The Bull's stampede continues with a turn to the west!

GO BULLS!!!

Bullaholic
11-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Sorry ***-82, no more spread offense for us. Our coaches were so impressed with the Slot-T this week that we're running it from now on. If we throw, it will only be on obvious passing downs. Maybe this well help your D prepare for the Bulls a little bit better?:)

GO BULLS!!!

LOL---You kill me, Budman. :D

Phantom Stang
11-23-2008, 06:26 PM

Do y'all have the same kicker as last year? If so, y'all won't have a problem in that department.
That kid was awesome!

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Do y'all have the same kicker as last year? If so, y'all won't have a problem in that department.
That kid was awesome!

We have a couple of good kickers this year, so we won't be worrying about that this year! LOL...

Looking forward to a drive down the interstate to Sweetwater to seeing the Mustang bowl again. Great stadium and atmosphere.

Now, the real question is... WHERE DO YOU GO TO EAT GOOD FOOD IN SWEETWATER?

Come on you Mustang fans... help us out!

I_DONT_CARE
11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
LOL---You kill me, Budman. :D
YES, THE LACK OF HUMOR IS QUITE ASTOUNDING TO ME ALSO. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
Are you off your meds again? :doh:

Phantom Stang
11-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
We have a couple of good kickers this year, so we won't be worrying about that this year! LOL...

Looking forward to a drive down the interstate to Sweetwater to seeing the Mustang bowl again. Great stadium and atmosphere.

If they're open when you want to eat, Allen's Family Style Meals serves some of the best fried chicken you'll ever have.

wtfootball
11-23-2008, 07:08 PM

hmmmmm wasn't there a missed extra point against Llano???
The blocked extra point was huge against Snyder but we prefer for you to just miss.
GOMEANGREEN

Bubba-Joe
11-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Best Bar-b-q in town, has been written up in top 50 by Texas Monthly Mag.
BIG BOYS ON LAMAR AND I-20

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Best Bar-b-q in town, has been written up in top 50 by Texas Monthly Mag.
BIG BOYS ON LAMAR AND I-20

How are the ribs, potato salad, and fountain drinks? (In that order.. :D )

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
hmmmmm wasn't there a missed extra point against Llano???
The blocked extra point was huge against Snyder but we prefer for you to just miss.
GOMEANGREEN

Yeah, we shanked one early. And then hit the next five in a row.

Looking forward to a good game. Go Bulls!

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
If they're open when you want to eat, Allen's Family Style Meals serves some of the best fried chicken you'll ever have.

Hmmm... :thinking: How are the mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy? (Also in that order? :D )

Bubba-Joe
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
How are the ribs, potato salad, and fountain drinks? (In that order.. :D )

Ribs = so good you will chunk rocks at any other place you have ever eaten

Potato salad = good but the tater salad at Maw Allens is much better

fountain drinks = well okay I guess they come from a fountain, but if I remember correct, Big Boys does allow you to bring in your own drinks.

blaster
11-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Go Bulls Go!! Sure hope the outcome is different than last time!

Matthew328
11-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I'll be there!

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 03:20 PM
What's this thread doing on page 2?

What does Monahans bring to the table? Run or pass or balanced attack? What type of defense? How is the special teams?

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How is the special teams?

Special?:thinking:

:D

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Hmmm... :thinking: How are the mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy? (Also in that order? :D )

Until you belly up to the table at Ms. Allens..ok Allens family whatever...it is still Ms. Allens to many of us...you just have to try it!!!

Chicken with 1 other meat.....and about 10 vegies brought hot and some cold to your table.....all for $8:50 including your drink...if u leave hungry....u deserve to be hungry!!

Misdirection
11-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Bridgeport will win this one by at least 28.

mustang68
11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Mrs. Allens is served buffet style at night, not family style, in the building across the parking lot.
Quick in and out.
Actually several meats at night.
My wife even likes it, and she is a vegitarian;)

Mrs. Allen on Broadway next to Sonic on the North side of the street.

STANG RED
11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
this will direct you to all the restaurants in Sweetwater.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2870881-sweetwater_restaurants-i;_ylc=X3oDMTFka28zOGNuBF9TAzI3NjY2NzkEX3MDOTY5NTU zMjUEc2VjA3NzcC1kZXN0BHNsawN0aXRsZQ--

But dont miss Allen's if you can help it. Its right next to the sonic on the main drag going through town, Broadway (Bus I20), you cant miss it. Its a buffet style in the evenings. Just dont plan on trying to run any races after you leave.

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Sounds like Allens is the place to go!

I will be sure to post a review after we eat there....

Budman007
11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
this will direct you to all the restaurants in Sweetwater.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2870881-sweetwater_restaurants-i;_ylc=X3oDMTFka28zOGNuBF9TAzI3NjY2NzkEX3MDOTY5NTU zMjUEc2VjA3NzcC1kZXN0BHNsawN0aXRsZQ--

But dont miss Allen's if you can help it. Its right next to the sonic on the main drag going through town, Broadway (Bus I20), you cant miss it. Its a buffet style in the evenings. Just dont plan on trying to run any races after you leave.

Thanks for the info. Stuffing myself or running???:thinking: At my age it sounds like a no brainer!

STANG RED
11-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Better get to Allens plenty early. that place will fill up quick. Wylie filled it up big time when they came to town.

mustang68
11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Allens Alert

Allens will be closed for
Thanksgiving Holiday

Phantom Stang
11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
The whole weekend?

Phantom Stang
11-24-2008, 07:31 PM
The whole weekend?
That was in response to mustang68's post about allen's being closed Thanksgiving.

Tres Lobos
11-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Bridgeport will win this one by at least 28.

Dang I'll take a little bit of whatever your smokin :D

Budman007
11-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
Dang I'll take a little bit of whatever your smokin :D

Have'nt you ever heard of bullweed?;)

Tres Lobos
11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Have'nt you ever heard of bullweed?

haha no, i guess i'm gonna have to get me some of that ;)

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
haha no, i guess i'm gonna have to get me some of that ;)

I heard that "bullweed" makes you delusional!!:D

mustang68
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
The whole weekend?

Yes, they will be closed until Monday.

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Well CRAP. I was looking forward to Allens.

WTF-82
11-24-2008, 10:19 PM

Go to
Bucks if you can barbque and sit at the Tom Ritchey Football room lots of pictures in there you will enjoy.

BullsFan
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Make sure you get the directions, slpy. I'd like a little better seats than we had last week--even if I was able to see the players' faces for the first time ever. :)

slpybear the bullfan
11-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Go to
Bucks if you can barbque and sit at the Tom Ritchey Football room lots of pictures in there you will enjoy.

Sounds like it will have to be Bucks. But let me warn you, if was anything like that travesty called Buck's over in Decatur.... ugggghhhh.

OldBison75
11-25-2008, 12:33 AM
The Bulls will have a long night and have to play well to bring this one out to the win column. BUT, based on all I have heard from BULLs Fan and others, they can do it.

Now that I have the bull out of my system. Bridgeport has too many weapons to drop this game. Mnahans will be a good opponent and will have some scoring opportunities. I just don't think they can outscore Bridgeport because the Bull defense will make some stops.

Bridgeport 35-
Monahans 21

slpybear the bullfan
11-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
The Bulls will have a long night and have to play well to bring this one out to the win column. BUT, based on all I have heard from BULLs Fan and others, they can do it.

Now that I have the bull out of my system. Bridgeport has too many weapons to drop this game. Mnahans will be a good opponent and will have some scoring opportunities. I just don't think they can outscore Bridgeport because the Bull defense will make some stops.

Bridgeport 35-
Monahans 21

And we are sooooooooooo glad that you chimed in. :rolleyes:

BullsFan
11-25-2008, 12:38 AM

Hey, what'd I say to bring that on?

OldBison75
11-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Hey, is it so bad that I can't even give ya'll a vote of confidence this week. I actually picked you guysto win and now your acting like I have cursed you.

Just because I think you might be a little over confidents about the rest of the playoffs, does not mean I don't respect what you have shown to this point.

Bulls fan, that was not a reference to you, it was supposed to say bull's fans, SORRY.

BullsFan
11-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Bulls fan, that was not a reference to you, it was supposed to say bull's fans, SORRY.

LOL. I couldn't figure out what in the heck I had said to get called out like that.

slpybear the bullfan
11-25-2008, 10:57 AM
So, with Allens out... is Buck's or Big Boys the consensus pick from Sweetwater fans for barbeque?

Any good Tex Mex there? I saw too many to list on the website posted earlier...[/?

slpybear the bullfan
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Are there any good season wrap up articles online about the Loboes in 2008?

Bullaholic
11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Are there any good season wrap up articles online about the Loboes in 2008?

I've been looking too, Slpy--not many to be found. Some game summaries at the Odessa American website. Wish we could hear from a few more Monahans posters who would want to share a little more about the Loboes.

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I think it's pretty funny that this is a game thread, but yall are talking about where to eat! :D

GO BULLS!

DaHop72
11-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I've been looking too, Slpy--not many to be found. Some game summaries at the Odessa American website. Wish we could hear from a few more Monahans posters who would want to share a little more about the Loboes. If you want a slanted view, ask wtfootball. :devil: If you want a real view ask ***-82, Tres Lobos or loboe86 and they will help you.:thumbsup:

Bullaholic
11-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I think it's pretty funny that this is a game thread, but yall are talking about where to eat! :D

GO BULLS!

First things, first, P4S---proper diet and correct portions are very important to me and Slpy. :D

swstangs001
11-25-2008, 12:06 PM
So, with Allens out... is Buck's or Big Boys the consensus pick from Sweetwater fans for barbeque?

Any good Tex Mex there? I saw too many to list on the website posted earlier...[/?

Casa Morales is ok
La cocina is really good, but i'm not sure if they'll be open

slpybear the bullfan
11-25-2008, 12:09 PM

GO BULLS!

But you know me... so you know that this might be almost as important as the game.

Almost...:D

swstangs001
11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
But you know me... so you know that this might be almost as important as the game.

Almost...:D

well if you lose you can always say the food was good

westtxfballfan
11-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I've been looking too, Slpy--not many to be found. Some game summaries at the Odessa American website. Wish we could hear from a few more Monahans posters who would want to share a little more about the Loboes.

The loboes return a number of starters from last year, run the wing-t, and primarily try to run it down your throat though they have a decent passing game. Their offensive success this year revolves largely around a good o-line and very talented QB, who is only a junior. Good passer, better runner. It appears the coaching staff has cut him loose more in the playoffs, which was a very good idea.

They move the ball very well, but tend to shoot themselves in the foot with some frequency. Examples: 6 false starts against Greenwood that repeatedly killed long drives. In the 3rd quarter against Snyder, the tigers had maybe 30 scrimmage yards of offense but closed from 21-7 to 21-19 when (1) QB-RB fumbled exchange that was returned for a 60+ yard TD, and (2) they chased a Tiger kickoff returner who muffed the kick back to his 5 only to have him slip by for a 90 yard return inside the Lobo 10. ("Stay in your lanes!") Not to take anything away from their opponents, but many games they have been their own worst enemy with untimely penalties and turnovers.

Defensively, they are typical Monahans: no great standouts, just good-hitters, with pretty decent speed. They had problems early in the year giving up long touchdowns, but have played more disciplined during the second half of the season. If the offense or special teams isn't giving away points and the D actually gets out on the field, they will make you earn your yards and points.

Playing intensity was a problem at times for some reason as they seemed to take a quarter off or start slow some games, though I don't believe that has been or will be a problem in the playoffs.

Two losses:
They lost to Sweetwater 17-14 at home early in the season after trailing 17-0 at the half. They stepped it up in the second half, held Sweetwater to under 20 yards, and pretty much ran up and down the field before missing a tying field goal on fourth down from the 5 yard line in the final minute. (QB appeared to score on 3rd down the play before, but stepped out of bounds.)

In the season finale, they led Greenwood 14-0 early in the game and appeared to be on their way to a blowout before inexplicably mailing it in from there on out and losing in overtime. Credit to Greenwood for playing much harder than the Loboes in that one.

All said, I give them a better shot than most on this board do (though I am a Monahans homer.) I believe the key will be how well Monahans can run the ball and control the clock and keep the Bridgeport O off the field. I suspect that the QB will be taking the clock down to almost nothing on every snap as they are well-coached in that respect and not too proud to avoid a shootout. That is Monahans' best shot: (1) Limit Bridgeport's possessions and shorten the game - and they are very capable of playing keep away if they're "on," and (2) eliminate the turnovers and penalties.

garciap77
11-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE

Well, I know you "don't care", but are you going to be able to make this one? The airfare from timbuktu is down 50%!

If you make I got your shirt ready:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/IDontCareT-Shirt-1.jpg

;)

Bullaholic
11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
The loboes return a number of starters from last year, run the wing-t, and primarily try to run it down your throat though they have a decent passing game. Their offensive success this year revolves largely around a good o-line and very talented QB, who is only a junior. Good passer, better runner. It appears the coaching staff has cut him loose more in the playoffs, which was a very good idea.

They move the ball very well, but tend to shoot themselves in the foot with some frequency. Examples: 6 false starts against Greenwood that repeatedly killed long drives. In the 3rd quarter against Snyder, the tigers had maybe 30 scrimmage yards of offense but closed from 21-7 to 21-19 when (1) QB-RB fumbled exchange that was returned for a 60+ yard TD, and (2) they chased a Tiger kickoff returner who muffed the kick back to his 5 only to have him slip by for a 90 yard return inside the Lobo 10. ("Stay in your lanes!") Not to take anything away from their opponents, but many games they have been their own worst enemy with untimely penalties and turnovers.

Defensively, they are typical Monahans: no great standouts, just good-hitters, with pretty decent speed. They had problems early in the year giving up long touchdowns, but have played more disciplined during the second half of the season. If the offense or special teams isn't giving away points and the D actually gets out on the field, they will make you earn your yards and points.

Playing intensity was a problem at times for some reason as they seemed to take a quarter off or start slow some games, though I don't believe that has been or will be a problem in the playoffs.

Two losses:
They lost to Sweetwater 17-14 at home early in the season after trailing 17-0 at the half. They stepped it up in the second half, held Sweetwater to under 20 yards, and pretty much ran up and down the field before missing a tying field goal on fourth down from the 5 yard line in the final minute. (QB appeared to score on 3rd down the play before, but stepped out of bounds.)

In the season finale, they led Greenwood 14-0 early in the game and appeared to be on their way to a blowout before inexplicably mailing it in from there on out and losing in overtime. Credit to Greenwood for playing much harder than the Loboes in that one.

All said, I give them a better shot than most on this board do (though I am a Monahans homer.) I believe the key will be how well Monahans can run the ball and control the clock and keep the Bridgeport O off the field. I suspect that the QB will be taking the clock down to almost nothing on every snap as they are well-coached in that respect and not too proud to avoid a shootout. That is Monahans' best shot: (1) Limit Bridgeport's possessions and shorten the game - and they are very capable of playing keep away if their "on," and (2) eliminate the turnovers and penalties.

Thanks for the excellent analysis, westtx. I think you have summed it up very well. We look forward to a return game with Monahans. I really liked and respected the Monahans program and the fans when we played in 05'. Both stands were full and noisy and enjoyed one of the best 3A football games in recent years.
The Bulls will have to stop the 1000+ yds each Monahans QB and RB tandem and score a lot quickly as they have done all season by moving the ball in the air and on the ground in chunks. If the Bulls put up their characteristic 40+ points, I think the "D" is capable of stopping Monahans short of that. If not, and if Monahns keeps it close by answering each Bull score, it could be a long, "ify" night for the Bulls.

blaster
11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Paper bag P B and J supper....Wife is in the Mortgage Industry.

slpybear the bullfan
11-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by blaster
Paper bag P B and J supper....Wife is in the Mortgage Industry.

Come on Blaster, suck it up and it least find a Taco Bell for the young uns...

sinton66
11-25-2008, 10:56 PM
GO BULLS!!!!

WTF-82
11-25-2008, 11:35 PM

Please share a little about the Bulls now.

Daddy D 11
11-26-2008, 12:16 AM

From what little I've seen. Offensive line is very good, they make both the QB and the HB look alot better. Run alot of "zone reads" and sweeps with the HB in the near slot. QB was speedy, but didn't have too great of an arm. WR's look like any other schools wideouts, nothing too special, just athletes. Their Defensive line actually impressed me more than their LB's. When a play was stuffed agaisnt Llano it was because of what the D line had done, not what the LB's had done. Their secondary really wasn't tested against Llano's offense so who know or who cares considering Monahans will present much of the same look that the Jackets did.

If you can effectively run the ball than you are fine. Llano did that well until they shot themselves in the foot with either penalties or mysterious play calling. I've never seen Monahans, so I'm not going to predict a score. I don't like predicting scores of teams I've never seen play, you will rarely catch me doing that.

But here's one for the fun of it, if and when the Panthers and Bulls meet. LH will win by 14:p

WTF-82
11-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
From what little I've seen. Offensive line is very good, they make both the QB and the HB look alot better. Run alot of "zone reads" and sweeps with the HB in the near slot. QB was speedy, but didn't have too great of an arm. WR's look like any other schools wideouts, nothing too special, just athletes. Their Defensive line actually impressed me more than their LB's. When a play was stuffed agaisnt Llano it was because of what the D line had done, not what the LB's had done. Their secondary really wasn't tested against Llano's offense so who know or who cares considering Monahans will present much of the same look that the Jackets did.

If you can effectively run the ball than you are fine. Llano did that well until they shot themselves in the foot with either penalties or mysterious play calling. I've never seen Monahans, so I'm not going to predict a score. I don't like predicting scores of teams I've never seen play, you will rarely catch me doing that.

But here's one for the fun of it, if and when the Panthers and Bulls meet. LH will win by 14:p

Thanks the great thing is Monahans unlike many run teams can pass the ball and be very good at it. Cant wait to see this game.

WTF-82
11-26-2008, 12:47 AM
ROUND 3 TEXAS CLASS 3-A STATE PLAYOFFS

MONAHANS LOBOES VS BRIDGEPORT BULLS

In a Rematch from 2005 Playoff game these two great Football Programs get ready to clash again on Thanksgiving weekend this Friday night at Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl. Last time these two teams played game went down to the final second as Loboes stopped the Bulls on a 2point conversion to win the ball game in the Regional Championship game. That game showed to be one of the memorable games in Texas High School Football and one of the impressive atmoshere's in Class 3-A Football as Both schools brought great crowds and the game drew lots on State wide interest. 3 Years later nothing has changed other than bigger expectations from both schools. Bridgeport comes in this game as the top ranked offense in the State putting up impressive numbers this season along with a much improved Defense. Bridgeport comes in with lots of firepower very potent offense that is very hard to stop giving Defensive Coordinater fits this season. Monahans also comes in this game with a very impressive offense as Loboes have been running through opponents this season. Good passing game along with there running game and a great Defense has the Loboes rolling looking to get back to December Football. This game should prove to be a great game this Friday night, The Bowl should be rocking as both these schools bring some of the greatest High school Football fans in the State no better place to play this one than in the historic Mustang Bowl. Loboes are coming in with a lot of momentum coming off a big victory over last year State Semifinalist Snyder. Playoff advantage Monahans the Lobo Program has been in many of these Playoff Wars as they look to get back to the Quaterfinals and December Football. It was 10 years ago that the Loboes knocked off Top ranked Breckenridge in 1998 to send the Loboes to the Semi's against eventual State Champion Aledo. What a way to celebrate that 10 year reunion.
Look for a big time hitting war this Friday night at the Bowl.

Go Loboes STATE in '08

Bullaholic
11-26-2008, 10:24 AM

***-82. Please go here--SW Red did a great job of collecting R1 playoff team summaries and putting them up---yours among them, thanks:

http://www.3adownlow.com/regionI.php

Bullaholic
11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
In the 05' game I remember that Monahans had 2 outstanding running backs, one was Sam Graves and I don't recall the other's name---man they ran tough all night for a bunch, and countered our Colin Jones' efforts after every score.

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2008, 12:48 PM
In the 05' game I remember that Monahans had 2 outstanding running backs, one was Sam Graves and I don't recall the other's name---man they ran tough all night for a bunch, and countered our Colin Jones' efforts after every score.

Watching Colin run the sweep that night was a thing of Beauty!

:clap:

Keystonepride
11-26-2008, 02:17 PM
B-port wins in a thriller 35-33 to set up a Liberty Hill / B-Port Quarter Final...

Bullaholic
11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
B-port wins in a thriller 35-33 to set up a Liberty Hill / B-Port Quarter Final...

Arghhhhhhhh!! My fingers want to type so bad, but I just ain't going to let em' touch the "L" and the "H" keys. (Closed eyes) It's still Wolf season.........It's still Wolf season.....Wolves--Friday night---Wolves---Friday night...... :D

Bullaholic
11-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Newspaper article on game:

http://www.wcmessenger.com/sports/football_content/EkkZZEkVlpIoAeJHOg.php

garciap77
11-26-2008, 05:48 PM
GO LOBOES!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Loboes1.jpg
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

WTF-82
11-26-2008, 06:50 PM

I agree Colin Jones was special I had fun watching him. That year Monahans was more power Football then they are now we do lot of diffrent things with the backs along with a passing game.
QB is a big reason he is a talent.

Budman007
11-26-2008, 08:40 PM
2005=Colin Jones
2008=Green Brothers+1 kicker

GO BULLS!!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Budman007
2005=Colin Jones
2008=Green Brothers+1 kicker

GO BULLS!!!

+1

and this year the outcome will be much different!

Russki
11-27-2008, 12:44 AM
I've lived in Monahans all my life and can't remember any Lobo staff ever being as good top to bottom as the one we have right now. Our offense is physical when they run the ball and they're better throwing the ball than most Lobo teams I've seen. Coach Owens has our qb playing with poise and he keeps you guessing with his playcalling. Coach Simpson has the line firing off and staying on their blocks. Coach Burns has our halfbacks running and blocking hard and he does a good job with our special teams. Coach Burnett has our ends running good patterns and catching the ball. Our defense runs to the ball and will lay a lick on you. Coach Mitchell has our linebackers moving and making a lot of tackles and he is not afraid to call a blitz. Coach McWilliams has our ends making a lot of tackles and getting to the qb and he does a good job getting our boys strong in the weight room. Coach Roark has our defensive halfbacks covering receivers well and knocking down a lot of passes. Coach Dixon has our tackles clogging up the middle and getting off of blocks. Our freshman and junior high coaches do a good job of teaching our young boys the game. I enjoy watching all of these coaches motivate our boys and make the game fun. I'm sure that Bridgeport has a fine coaching staff as well, but I just wanted to brag on our coaches. Hopefully we have to shut down Monahans Friday night because everybody will be at the game. Just remember to turn off all of the lights if you're the last person out of town. I'm hoping that everybody from both communities has a safe trip to and from the game and I hope that it is a hard fought game played with great sportsmanship. Good luck Loboes from one of your biggest supporters! Go Get'Em Mean Green!

WTF-82
11-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Arghhhhhhhh!! My fingers want to type so bad, but I just ain't going to let em' touch the "L" and the "H" keys. (Closed eyes) It's still Wolf season.........It's still Wolf season.....Wolves--Friday night---Wolves---Friday night...... :D

You can have all the Wolves you want. Because we are LOBOES
big difference between a wolf and LOBO. Wolf is like a Chihuahua dog. LOBO is stronger meaner faster smarter and has that internationaly brown,black,white tough flavor. A LOBO can survive through any storm a wolf cant. LOBO can live in the hot desert, the woods, mountains and a Wolf cant. A wolf can not survive through the mexico and west texas desert. A LOBO LIVES THE HARD HOT DESERT EVERY DAY.

GO LOBOES

WTF-82
11-27-2008, 01:24 AM
LOBOES VS BULLS 2005 PLAYOFF GAME /

http://mwpisd.esc18.net/mhs/Football/2005-2006/Play-off%20Pics%202005/Bridgeport%2011-26-05/Bridgeport-1%20%2011-26-05.htm

Budman007
11-27-2008, 09:07 AM
You can have all the Wolves you want. Because we are LOBOES
big difference between a wolf and LOBO. Wolf is like a Chihuahua dog. LOBO is stronger meaner faster smarter and has that internationaly brown,black,white tough flavor. A LOBO can survive through any storm a wolf cant. LOBO can live in the hot desert, the woods, mountains and a Wolf cant. A wolf can not survive through the mexico and west texas desert. A LOBO LIVES THE HARD HOT DESERT EVERY DAY.

GO LOBOES

Can a Lobo survive being trampled by a herd of stampeding Bulls?

2008 Bridgeport Bulls-Stampeding to State!

navscanmaster
11-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Russki
I've lived in Monahans all my life and can't remember any Lobo staff ever being as good top to bottom as the one we have right now. Our offense is physical when they run the ball and they're better throwing the ball than most Lobo teams I've seen. Coach Owens has our qb playing with poise and he keeps you guessing with his playcalling. Coach Simpson has the line firing off and staying on their blocks. Coach Burns has our halfbacks running and blocking hard and he does a good job with our special teams. Coach Burnett has our ends running good patterns and catching the ball. Our defense runs to the ball and will lay a lick on you. Coach Mitchell has our linebackers moving and making a lot of tackles and he is not afraid to call a blitz. Coach McWilliams has our ends making a lot of tackles and getting to the qb and he does a good job getting our boys strong in the weight room. Coach Roark has our defensive halfbacks covering receivers well and knocking down a lot of passes. Coach Dixon has our tackles clogging up the middle and getting off of blocks. Our freshman and junior high coaches do a good job of teaching our young boys the game. I enjoy watching all of these coaches motivate our boys and make the game fun. I'm sure that Bridgeport has a fine coaching staff as well, but I just wanted to brag on our coaches. Hopefully we have to shut down Monahans Friday night because everybody will be at the game. Just remember to turn off all of the lights if you're the last person out of town. I'm hoping that everybody from both communities has a safe trip to and from the game and I hope that it is a hard fought game played with great sportsmanship. Good luck Loboes from one of your biggest supporters! Go Get'Em Mean Green!

Nice first post, russki! I see you have been aboard for a year now, but we have been missing some great insight to your team! I wish we had a DC that wasn't afraid to call a blitz...:(

Bullaholic
11-27-2008, 10:18 AM
It has always been a real pleasure to trade a little pre-game smack and talk about the teams with you Monahans folks---every one of you knows their football, and is so proud of your team, and your crowd is many and loud, just like ours. To me, without patting ourselves on the back too much, the Bridgeport-Monahans games have always been represenative of the some of the best examples of what Texas HS football is all about. I'm just glad we can be a part of it and share it again---win or lose. It is always a pleasure to play you guys. Hats off to a really good team(not TOO good, I hope) and a great bunch of folks in Monahans who we look forward to seeing and playing again tomorrow.

Go Bulls! The Stampede Continues.........

WTF-82
11-27-2008, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Budman007
[B]Can a Lobo survive being trampled by a herd of stampeding Bulls?

One cant but 11 can.

WTF-82
11-27-2008, 02:00 PM
It has always been a real pleasure to trade a little pre-game smack and talk about the teams with you Monahans folks---every one of you knows their football, and is so proud of your team, and your crowd is many and loud, just like ours. To me, without patting ourselves on the back too much, the Bridgeport-Monahans games have always been represenative of the some of the best examples of what Texas HS football is all about. I'm just glad we can be a part of it and share it again---win or lose. It is always a pleasure to play you guys. Hats off to a really good team(not TOO good, I hope) and a great bunch of folks in Monahans who we look forward to seeing and playing again tomorrow.

Go Bulls! The Stampede Continues.........

Agreed !!!

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2008, 02:03 PM
FYI...

There is virtually no parking on the visitior side of Mustang Bowl
due to major construction. The only places to park are along the
street on the east side and in the parking lot at the south end
by the hs auditorium. There is plenty of parking on the home(west)
side though.:thumbsup:

Budman007
11-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the tip, Red. We had to park on the street in 2005 too. Bridgeport will be a ghost town tomorrow night.

GO BULLS!!!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-27-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm thinking bout going to this game. :thinking:

We'll see..:cool:

westtxfballfan
11-27-2008, 10:14 PM
'Not trying to scare you Bridgeport folks that are wondering the difference between a wolf and a lobo, but loboes are bigger, walk upright and play football. Here's a picture of one of our smaller players dancing with his girlfriend at the homecoming dance earlier this fall.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/Dissonantblack/lycans/VHwerewolf3.jpg

Who-dun-it!!?
11-27-2008, 10:17 PM
'Not trying to scare you Bridgeport folks that are wondering the difference between a wolf and a lobo, but loboes are bigger, walk upright and play football. Here's a picture of one of our smaller players dancing with his girlfriend at the homecoming dance earlier this fall.

Stop lyin!!
Thats your homecoming queen!

Sorry couldn't resist.

westtxfballfan
11-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Stop lyin!!
Thats your homecoming queen!

Sorry couldn't resist.

Exactly. That's our player on the right. :D

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2008, 10:22 PM

Is that the same Lobo that missed his assignment and allowed
Daniel Jackson to score on a 94 yard TD run earlier this year?
I'm guessing his postion is LB or FS?:thinking: :devil:

garciap77
11-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

I ain't scared gp. When I was in hs Monahans was our biggest
rival and Snyder wasn't anything more than a blip on the radar
screen.:D :devil:

westtxfballfan
11-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Nah he's one of the ones they put in during the second half against you guys that held the stangs to 17 yards. When they ran out of time in their kickerless come back. The one on the right in this pic:

http://www2.mywesttexas.com/football/teams/monahans/lobos.jpg ;)

DukeNukem
11-27-2008, 11:11 PM
I really hope both S-water and Monahans get lucky and pull these games out. Due to the rivalry already between these two and the close game earlier this year, the atmosphere would be even better than a LH vs Bridgeport matchup. Plus the game would still be played in WEST TEXAS where region 1 really is.

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
I really hope both S-water and Monahans get lucky and pull these games out. Due to the rivalry already between these two and the close game earlier this year, the atmosphere would be even better than a LH vs Bridgeport matchup. Plus the game would still be played in WEST TEXAS where region 1 really is.

Serious question....

Were you around in Snyder in the 80's.:thinking:

Feel free to answer in a PM if you'd like.:)

DukeNukem
11-28-2008, 12:05 AM
no not snyder. saw more of the old little swc games in the 80s and alot of 2a and 1a games in the 90s. why? i have a friend who coaches in monahans and another who coaches in andrews so i keep up with mostly 3a west texas now.

WTF-82
11-28-2008, 12:37 AM

I totally agree here the 2005 quaterfinal game between the Stangs and Loboes nearly brought 15,000 fans that was electric and totally agree with youre Region 1 comment.

WTF-82
11-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Football: Coldeway develops into natural leader for Loboes

November 27, 2008 - 9:54 PM
BY WILLIE BANS
MONAHANS What a difference a year makes.

To be sure, Monahans junior split guard Kevin Coldeway is just as good as a season ago, talented enough that an assistant coach from an opposing team tracked him down after a game earlier this season to tell him how impressed he was.

One difference is that Coldeway speaks up. Last year, he was the only non-senior on the offensive line, and a sophomore at that.

"I didn't say too much," Coldeway said. "I didn't want to be the sophomore that got in the way of the seniors, so I quietly did my job as well as I could."

Well enough that he earned first-team all-district honors, something that was unexpected.

"I walked into the fieldhouse and everyone's huddled around, looking at the list," Coldeway said. "I looked on there and it felt pretty cool. I didn't really expect it. Just being a sophomore, it's more of a senior thing, a junior thing."

Another difference between this year and last: he converted from a tight guard to a split guard, lining up on the split end's side.

"I'm always pulling into the holes, making a key block right in front of the back," Coldeway said. "I was tight guard last year and split guard this year I think for that reason: It has more of a role in the offense, to get a few key plays in our offense going."

Perhaps the biggest difference, though?

"This year, the game's slowed down so much," Coldeway said. "Last year, because you're going from freshman football to varsity, it's so much faster than anything else.

"Now it feels like I'm the one being fast instead of other people. It feels like I'm a step faster than last year."

Faster in recognizing what the guys on the other side of the ball are doing, too.

"As a sophomore, I didn't always read defenses," Coldeway said. "Now I can read defenses, see what they're in and pick it up on the run. If a linebacker fires, I can pick it up on the run. I can see whenever they're coming into the holes and stuff."

Loboes offensive line coach Chris Simpson said Coldeway's size - 6-foot-3, 215 pounds - and his intelligence are big reasons for his success.

"He doesn't want to be bested," Simpson said. "He wants to come out on top. At practices now, they sometimes go lighter on the JV kids. But he doesn't let the JV guys get the edge, though.

"He never lets his guard down."

He can't, really. Not with a dual-threat quarterback like Quincy Titus behind him.

"We always just try to hold our blocks as long as we can," Coldeway said. "Because we know if there's nothing downfield and they're covering our guys you know he'll move around and make plays with his feet and make the throw."

When Titus was asked about Coldeway, he said that the lineman was one of the most talkative guys on the team, and that he had a late start in football.

Of course, that would be comparatively speaking.

Whereas most of Coldeway's fellow juniors started in the third grade, he started a year later. He said that his parents were concerned that he would get injured playing on the team that combined third- and fourth-graders, even though he was bigger than most.

But "ever since then I've loved it, and I've always wanted to keep playing," Coldeway said.

Especially on teams such as this year's Monahans squad, one that's 10-2 and plays at 6 p.m. today against Bridgeport (11-0) in a Class 3A Division II regional playoff game at Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl.

"There are no outsiders," Coldeway said. "We're all real good friends and we just have real good chemistry together. If something goes bad we just work together and don't get our heads down too much about. We just fight and get it done together, as a team."

GetRDoneStangs
11-28-2008, 12:57 AM
I totally agree here the 2005 quaterfinal game between the Stangs and Loboes nearly brought 15,000 fans that was electric and totally agree with youre Region 1 comment.

It was awesome in a great stadium....

the only thing that sucked was the Elevator!!It is the SSLLOOWWWWWEEEESSSSTTTT.........(I meaan SLOW!!!)

If it works out again ....I will do the stairs!!!!!! :D

WTF-82
11-28-2008, 12:59 AM
>> BRIDGEPORT BULLS VS. MONAHANS LOBOES

Class 3A Division II Regional Playoff Game

>> Time, Date, Place: 6 p.m. today, Mustang Bowl, Sweetwater.

>> Head coaches: Bridgeport, Danny Henson; Monahans, Mickey Owens.

>> Districts: Bridgeport, 5-3A; Monahans, 3-3A.

>> 2008 Records: Bridgeport, 11-0; Monahans, 10-2.

>> Next Opponent: Sweetwater-Liberty Hill winner.

>> Last Week: Bridgeport 41, Llano 27; Monahans 28, Snyder 26.

>> Playoff Appearances: Bridgeport 14, Monahans 28.

>> Last Playoff Appearance: Bridgeport 2007, Monahans 2007.

>> Deepest Advancement: Bridgeport, semifinals (2001, Commerce 41-28); Monahans, finals (1948, Monahans 14, New Braun-fels 0).

>> Previous Playoff Meetings: 2005 (Monahans 43-42, 2OT).

>> Bridgeport Leaders: QB Cameron Green (164-247 passing, 2,397 yards, 21 TDs, 5 INTs, 93-521 rushing, 6 TDs); RB Corbin Green (167-1,445 rushing, 28 TDs); WR Daniel Olmos (36-558 receiving, 5 TDs); WR Collin White (37-525 receiving, 4 TDs); LB Zach Bracken (118 tackles, 11 for loss); LB Blake Waldrep (90 tackles, 12 for loss).

>> Monahans Leaders: QB Quincy Titus (53-107 passing, 1,070 yards, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, 112-1,017 rushing, 8 TDs); RB Stephen Neel (141-1,042 rushing, 14 TDs); RB Tyson Childress (108-950 rushing, 7 TDs); WR Sean Britton (19-492 receiving, 6 TDs); LB Hector Venegas (109 tackles, 12 for loss); DE Trevor Owens (92 tackles, 3 sacks, 19 hurries).

>> Radio: KCKM 1330-AM (Monahans).

>> Notes: Bridgeport head coach Danny Henson said the 2005 playoff game between Monahans and the Bulls was thrilling - he just wishes he watched it as a fan in the stands instead of as a coach on the losing sideline. The Bulls lost it in double overtime despite scoring one more touchdown than Monahans - their seven missed PATs, with a backup kicker, did them in. ... This year, Bridgeport still has a spread offense, only with all-state quarterback Cameron Green directing it out of the shotgun. ... Monahans head coach Mickey Owens said it looks like the Bulls like to pass to open up the running game. ... Defensively, the Bulls run a 4-3. ... "We've been able to play the spreads well this year," Owens said. "We're gonna do what got us here."

Budman007
11-28-2008, 11:59 AM
GO BULLS!!! GO BULLS!!! GO BULLS!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2008, 12:20 PM
WEST TEXAS where region 1 really is.
If WEST TEXAS had enough 3A schools to sustain 8 districts, Austin & Waco area schools wouldn't have to take over. ;)

Bullaholic
11-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If WEST TEXAS had enough 3A schools to sustain 8 districts, Austin & Waco area schools wouldn't have to take over. ;)

Kinda glad you Austin & Waco folks are here, LHPM---win or lose, there's going to be some great games between some great teams for the first time. Really looking forward to them all.

Best of luck to LH and Sweetwater both tomorrow--both of you are great programs that anyone would be honored to play. Just hope my Bulls take care of business later tonight and get the chance.

Go Bulls!

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Kinda glad you Austin & Waco folks are here, LHPM---win or lose, there's going to be some great games between some great teams for the first time. Really looking forward to them all.

Best of luck to LH and Sweetwater both tomorrow--both of you are great programs that anyone would be honored to play. Just hope my Bulls take care of business later tonight and get the chance.

Go Bulls!
Thanks! I'm just wondering if Bridgeport has ever been in Region II, because looking at the Region I map, Liberty Hill is further West than Bridgeport. :devil: ;)

rangerjim
11-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Go Bulls - Decatur has got your back.............