PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech

Go_Wylie2000
11-23-2008, 01:52 PM
They're most likey to go to the cotton bowl, or I would think.

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

BTownVBall3
11-23-2008, 01:55 PM
I mean..the Holiday Bowl is not a bad bowl...

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
I mean..the Holiday Bowl is not a bad bowl...

True...the surf in SD rules!;)

Go_Wylie2000
11-23-2008, 01:57 PM
It's pretty sad to see Tech come down like this, after the great season they had.

Now there's no way they will go to the BCS title game.

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Typical Tech team. The only difference is that this year they upset Texas and didn't bet upset by a inferior team like they usually do.

Go_Wylie2000
11-23-2008, 02:10 PM
It would be crazy if Oklahoma St. beats Oklahoma

Tech shouldn't have even lost that game, OU was just pissed of and wanted payback.

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Typical Tech team. The only difference is that this year they upset Texas and didn't bet upset by a inferior team like they usually do.

They really tried hard to lose to UT but the fact that Harrell and Crabtree are studs wouldn't let them.

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
They really tried hard to lose to UT but the fact that Harrell and Crabtree are studs wouldn't let them.

Where were these studs last night?

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 02:21 PM

they sure weren't on defense...

I ccan still see Tech making it to the title game honestly... chances are they'll drop to 5 maybe? OU can lose AT OKState, then Tech can win the confrence and go in... I can see it happening...

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
they sure weren't on defense...

I ccan still see Tech making it to the title game honestly... chances are they'll drop to 5 maybe? OU can lose AT OKState, then Tech can win the confrence and go in... I can see it happening...

Sure, they can make it to the Big 12 Championship, but no way they get invited to the national championship if they win.

TexanAlum_06
Originally posted by Go_Wylie2000

Tech shouldn't have even lost that game, OU was just pissed of and wanted payback.

Ummm... they shouldnt even have lost a 65-21 beatdown that was never even close? feeling delusional today? still drunk?

Go_Wylie2000

Oh, didn't you know they had a game against OU?:doh:

I mean Harrell is the best QB in the nation and Crabtree is the best by far reciever in the nation.

OU SUCKS! I hate em' with a passion.

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Exactly..prime time national TV and they laid an egg. These are kids but it's on the coaches to make sure they are ready to play. ARRRGH MATEYS!!!:D

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh, didn't you know they had a game against OU?:doh:

I mean Harrell is the best QB in the nation and Crabtree is the best by far reciever in the nation.

OU SUCKS! I hate em' with a passion.

I can agree with you..OU does suck. I will give you Crabtree being the best receiver in the country, but Harrell isn't even the best QB in the Big 12. He is a system QB.

Go_Wylie2000
11-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Sure, they can make it to the Big 12 Championship, but no way they get invited to the national championship if they win.

There is no way in the world they will be invited to the national championship.

Tech doesn't deserve to go, I mean they collapsed like 10-0 teams never do.

Go_Wylie2000
11-23-2008, 02:28 PM
I can agree with you..OU does suck. I will give you Crabtree being the best receiver in the country, but Harrell isn't even the best QB in the Big 12. He is a system QB.

Crabtree is my favorite all around college player.

One person I hate is Sam Bradford, i'm not sure what it is about him:thinking:

RMAC
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Say the Pokes win next week and we do go on to the Big 12 Championship, best case I would think is the Sugar or perhaps Fiesta. Either way, this season ended up panning out as I thought it would at the start, but getting stomped isn't going to help our rankings. The pollsters are loving this because they can move up USC now. I won't be suprised to see us behind 2 other 1-loss teams in Penn State and USC. As a Tech fan you really can't complain about the season overall. We didn't lose to somebody we should beat, and we won the games we should. I'm assuming we beat Baylor, but they're pretty good this year and even though they aren't going to make a bowl game, they did beat ATM by more than we did, and are playing for pride. They should really be a good team next year. Last night we just got completely out played and out coached in all aspects of the game. My hat is off to the Sooners on this one. They came to play and I think we didn't. I think we had 1 week too long to think about this one. Overall I still say this is the best year Tech Football has ever had and is really going to help out our recruiting down the road, assuming Leach doesn't leave. He's worked on this team for 10 years and is now, I feel, on the cusp of being a power in the Big 12. I sure hope he stays around.

RMAC
11-23-2008, 02:36 PM

Yeah, but at the same time isn't every qb a "system qb" when you really think about it? Check out some film on him and you'll see he makes some very impressive throws that not a lot of college qb's can make. You can throw around the "system qb" thing all day, but I think he's a better player than he gets credit for. It really doesn't matter now though, as Florida is straight up murdering anybody in their way and Tebow will win the Heisman again this year.

gatordaze
11-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Yeah, but at the same time isn't every qb a "system qb" when you really think about it? Check out some film on him and you'll see he makes some very impressive throws that not a lot of college qb's can make. You can throw around the "system qb" thing all day, but I think he's a better player than he gets credit for. It really doesn't matter now though, as Florida is straight up murdering anybody in their way and Tebow will win the Heisman again this year.

Tebow has a real chance of 2 Heismans and 2 Natl Championships even if he comes out this year. I think that he will be back. Gators D next year will be sick as they are all coming back with the exception of Spikes at MLB.

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Say the Pokes win next week and we do go on to the Big 12 Championship, best case I would think is the Sugar or perhaps Fiesta. Either way, this season ended up panning out as I thought it would at the start, but getting stomped isn't going to help our rankings. The pollsters are loving this because they can move up USC now. I won't be suprised to see us behind 2 other 1-loss teams in Penn State and USC. As a Tech fan you really can't complain about the season overall. We didn't lose to somebody we should beat, and we won the games we should. I'm assuming we beat Baylor, but they're pretty good this year and even though they aren't going to make a bowl game, they did beat ATM by more than we did, and are playing for pride. They should really be a good team next year. Last night we just got completely out played and out coached in all aspects of the game. My hat is off to the Sooners on this one. They came to play and I think we didn't. I think we had 1 week too long to think about this one. Overall I still say this is the best year Tech Football has ever had and is really going to help out our recruiting down the road, assuming Leach doesn't leave. He's worked on this team for 10 years and is now, I feel, on the cusp of being a power in the Big 12. I sure hope he stays around.

Harrell for sure and Crabtree most likely are gone, right? If I were Leach I would totally jump at Tennessee or Washington...his stock can only go down after this season. Strike while the iron is hot...:thinking:

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Harrell for sure and Crabtree most likely are gone, right? If I were Leach I would totally jump at Tennessee or Washington...his stock can only go down after this season. Strike while the iron is hot...:thinking:

If Leach wanted to go anywhere it should have been UCLA or Miami. Both play in weak conferences and he could have had a huge impact immediately. Tennessee plays in the SEC where you have a tough game every week.

As a Texas fan, I like Leach and hope he stays at Texas Tech. He is by far the most entertaining coach in the country and continues to be really competitive at Lubbock.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 02:53 PM
I really don't think you guys are looking at this right or something...

If Tech wins the B12 championship that would mean UT didn't and Oklahoma lost to OK State...

Let's say going into the final week or the reg season, the BS rankings are as follows

1.Bama
2.Fl
3.OU
4.UT
5.USC
6.Tech
7.PSU

OU loses to OKlite, you may be looking at this going into the confrence championships

1.Bama
2.FL
3.UT
4.USC
5.Tech
6.PSU
7.OU

after championships, with Tech Winning the Big 12 Championship

1.Bama OR FL
2Tech

they won't put UT ahead of Tech because of the head to head result and the fact Tech just went 1-loss and won a confrence championship, plus Nebraska gave everyone a reason not to vote non-confrence champions up top so they can get into the title game and get their a's spanked

I don't see USC getting in right now, really don't... and there won't be a rematch between the two SEC teams...

I mean really, why is it so far-fetched that Tech could make the title game? I don't see it being that big of a "No way"

Now, personally, I want to see UT in it :D

Go_Wylie2000
11-23-2008, 02:56 PM
I really don't think you guys are looking at this right or something...

If Tech wins the B12 championship that would mean UT didn't and Oklahoma lost to OK State...

Let's say going into the final week or the reg season, the BS rankings are as follows

1.Bama
2.Fl
3.OU
4.UT
5.USC
6.Tech
7.PSU

OU loses to OKlite, you may be looking at this going into the confrence championships

1.Bama
2.FL
3.UT
4.USC
5.Tech
6.PSU
7.OU

after championships, with Tech Winning the Big 12 Championship

1.Bama OR FL
2Tech

they won't put UT ahead of Tech because of the head to head result and the fact Tech just went 1-loss and won a confrence championship, plus Nebraska gave everyone a reason not to vote non-confrence champions up top so they can get into the title game and get their a's spanked

I don't see USC getting in right now, really don't... and there won't be a rematch between the two SEC teams...

I mean really, why is it so far-fetched that Tech could make the title game? I don't see it being that big of a "No way"

Now, personally, I want to see UT in it :D

I don't know but I would bet some serious cash that Tech won't get in...i'd like em' to but they done screwed up last night.

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 02:56 PM
I see what you are saying Gobbla, but most people seem to think that even if Tech does win the Big12 CC then they are still out due to losing BAD late in the season. They aren't someone that the media is in love with and will be left out of the NCG.

BTownVBall3
11-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Can everyone please stop talking about Tech now? Season over..sucks it had to end for yall, but was just a matter of time.

The facts:
1) Crabtree is an absolute stud
2)Harrell will not be mentioned in Heisman talks ever again
3)Tech is not going to a BCS bowl
4)They just lost 65-21 on primetime television

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I see what you are saying Gobbla, but most people seem to think that even if Tech does win the Big12 CC then they are still out due to losing BAD late in the season. They aren't someone that the media is in love with and will be left out of the NCG.

they did screw up, but all they have to do is win and have OU lose, win the confrence championship and then I believe their odds of getting in are better than the odds of NOT getting in... seriously... I don't see how you put anyone else in if this happens...

gatordaze
11-23-2008, 03:00 PM

IF Tech wins the b12 CG then they will play the winner of UF/ALA for the NC. The system is always manipulated to pair conference champions together. My bet is UF v. OU assuming they win out.

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
IF Tech wins the b12 CG then they will play the winner of UF/ALA for the NC. The system is always manipulated to pair conference champions together. My bet is UF v. OU assuming they win out.

Texas or OU win the Big 12 championship, they go to the NCG. Assuming Okie Lite beats OU and Tech wins Big 12 CC my guess is that USC or Texas scoots into the number 2 spot

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Can everyone please stop talking about Tech now? Season over..sucks it had to end for yall, but was just a matter of time.

The facts:
1) Crabtree is an absolute stud
2)Harrell will not be mentioned in Heisman talks ever again
3)Tech is not going to a BCS bowl
4)They just lost 65-21 on primetime television

Based on how such things are determined, that list is all that matters.

True, Tech beat UT on a last play TD, but on the other had the Horns beat a team that sheetcanned Tech last night. We'l see how it plays out...:thinking:

God Bless Jim Mora...PLAYOFFS???? DID YOU SAY PLAYOFFS?!?!?

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 03:04 PM
if this was any other year I might understand them not getting in... but look who else is up top, I think the top teams work in TTs favor, #1 because two of 'em play in a confrence championship against each other, which automatically eliminates one of them from the NC game... #2 they have a head to head win against one that will not win a confrence championship if OU loses next week and TT wins the confrence championship... #3, as I just mentioned, OU losing...

no, it's for sure not a lock, and there may be a more deserving team (hopefully they feel UT is :D ), but it's not out of the picture... the BcS has done far worse...

gatordaze
11-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Texas or OU win the Big 12 championship, they go to the NCG. Assuming Okie Lite beats OU and Tech wins Big 12 CC my guess is that USC or Texas scoots into the number 2 spot

Unless UF/ALA/USC ALL lose a game, there is no way that you will see a b12 South rematch! In 2006 they voted UF ahead of Michigan to avoid an OSU/UM rematch. Outside of Texas and Oklahoma the rest of the world wants to compare teams that do not historically get to play each other. Put money on b12 v. SEC!

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Unless UF/ALA/USC ALL lose a game, there is no way that you will see a b12 South rematch! In 2006 they voted UF ahead of Michigan to avoid an OSU/UM rematch. Outside of Texas and Oklahoma the rest of the world wants to compare teams that do not historically get to play each other. Put money on b12 v. SEC!

I know. I believe that it will be Florida/Bama VS. Texas/Oklahoma/USC

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I know. I believe that it will be Florida/Bama VS. Texas/Oklahoma/USC

If USC can't win the Pac 10 how can they be a player in the BCS picture?

This is why we need playoffs...:thinking:

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 03:24 PM
If USC can't win the Pac 10 how can they be a player in the BCS picture?

This is why we need playoffs...:thinking:

Exactly....The media loves USC though and will do their best to get them to the championship. You know what would really throw a kink into things - Missouri winning the Big 12 championship.

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Exactly....The media loves USC though and will do their best to get them to the championship. You know what would really throw a kink into things - Missouri winning the Big 12 championship.

As a Texas fan I would hate to see that, but as a college football fan that would be the best thing that could ever happen.:)

RMAC
11-23-2008, 03:39 PM

God help us if that happens, but I think that would be the easiest way for the pollsters to get USC to go to the show against Florida/Bama, with, more than likely, Mizzou/OU getting BCS bids and UT perhaps an at large. I don't see Mizzou getting left out of the BCS if they win the Big 12 CG.

lepfan
11-23-2008, 03:40 PM

Tech shouldn't have even lost that game, OU was just pissed of and wanted payback. They are gonna be even MORE pisssed off when they go to Stillwater next week!!!

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I don't see Mizzou getting left out of the BCS if they win the Big 12 CG.

isn't it an automatic bid? they couldn't be left out...

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 03:43 PM
isn't it an automatic bid? they couldn't be left out...

Automatic bid if the Tigers win. Remember Kansas State a few years ago. They smoked OU in the CC game, and then OU still got to go to the national championship game. If you cant remember how that game turned out, just think about OU's history in bowl games over the last 5 or 6 years.