PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW - Div. I Quarter Final: China Spring (12-0) vs. Wylie (10-2)

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2008, 12:26 AM
China Spring gets it shot at Abilene Wyle.

ccmom
11-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Gotta go with my Dawgs!! :D

I mean seriously..."China Spring"?? Sounds like the name of a cheap air freshener to me...really scary!:rolleyes:

Seriously, this should be a great match up and I can't wait!!:D

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2008, 01:07 AM
At least we are not confused with the "other" Wylie

Fear the Powder Blue

OldBison75
11-23-2008, 01:11 AM
The game matches what I believe to be the two best defenses in Division 2. Two very different styles but two of the best. I think Wylie will have the advantage because they are very strong from the D-line to the backups on defense. CS has great speed and pursuit on defense and tackles well.

I think this will be a defensive struggle in the first half and the team that adjust the best at the half will win a close, low scoring game. My bet is with Abilene Wylie.

AW 17
CS 14

ccmom
11-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

Fear the Powder Blue

Well, duh....surely there aren't TWO teams with that precious little name....and powder blue, too?? Frightening, really!!!
:rolleyes:

garciap77
11-23-2008, 02:01 AM

Fear the Powder Blue
You mean Baby Blue!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/18552-1.jpg

J/K!

This game should be a close one between two great teams!

ccmom
11-23-2008, 02:31 AM
I knew you would come up with something, Garcia!!! ;)

garciap77
11-23-2008, 02:33 AM
So, where and when is Wylie Playing?

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
So, where and when is Wylie Playing?
stickies are your friend (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=89687) ;)

garciap77
11-23-2008, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
stickies are your friend (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=89687) ;)

Thanks! I might be able to come watch SW/LH!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Go_Wylie2000
11-23-2008, 05:51 AM
My Dawgs got this!

If Wylie gets stopped it will be at the state championship against Navasota.

Lion_Addict
11-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Wylie of course......in a great game ;)

bp80884
11-23-2008, 10:29 AM
gotta go with the Cougars. Last year they road Dustin and the offense, this year the defense is playing lights out (3 total points given up in the playoffs). Our offense will get rolling.

Burkburnett had a tough defense and a pretty good game plan (I won't elaborate just in case and Abilene Wylie fans read this post, HA HA).

Go Cougars!

bp80884
11-23-2008, 10:30 AM
by the way, have they announced Home or Visitors yet?

R1Editor
11-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Who advances to the next round?

Lion_Addict
11-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Wylie.........Go Bulldogs, Represent!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

bp80884
11-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by R1Editor
Who advances to the next round?

Ok, lets hear from all of the CS haters. I love it when we are the underdogs!

Go Cougars!

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2008, 11:08 AM
CS can fill up the home side this time.
NICE Stadium.

Sweetwater Red
11-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
Ok, lets hear from all of the CS haters. I love it when we are the underdogs!

Go Cougars!

I really don't think CS is the underdog in this one.:thinking:

BMOC
11-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Never underestimate a Sandifer coached team. Our boys are always prepared well and ready to play, and they will be against China Spring. I can guarantee that, but I won't guarantee an outcome. Should be a great game, heck, it's only Sunday and I am already excited for Saturday.

bp80884
11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I really don't think CS is the underdog in this one.:thinking:

I just love all of the fans voting against us. I am a little funny that way!

bp80884
11-23-2008, 11:20 AM
CS can fill up the home side this time.
NICE Stadium.

So does that mean we know we are home this week?

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2008, 12:22 PM
So does that mean we know we are home this week?

Yes

cshscougar08
11-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey Rabid I'll be there for this one!!!! I'll be sure to come say hi to ya!!!!

Daddy D 11
11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Wylie wins:thinking:

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
We made believers out of The Green People and The Orange People. I guess we will have to make the Purple People from Taylor County believers too.

trojan37
11-23-2008, 04:51 PM
We made believers out of The Green People and The Orange People. I guess we will have to make the Purple People from Taylor County believers too.

Wylie by 14.

Pick6
11-23-2008, 05:48 PM
CS in an easier game than they had this week.

Texas Cougar
11-23-2008, 06:11 PM
You mean Baby Blue!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/18552-1.jpg

J/K!

This game should be a close one between two great teams!

Thanks for the baby blue picture. I printed it and will make sure it makes its way to the locker room.

I will take CS in a close one.

bp80884
11-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
CS in an easier game than they had this week.

Can you clarify this post? Just curious!

orange machine
11-23-2008, 07:09 PM
This is the end of the road for China Spring.

Pick6
11-23-2008, 07:40 PM

CS rolls. How's that?

bp80884
11-23-2008, 07:41 PM
CS rolls. How's that?

I love it!!!THANKS!!

Go Cougars!

slingshot
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Wylie in a close one... this is where playing our killer schedule pays off. We're not that big, not that fast, not really impressive at all to look at--just really well coached, play great defense, run and throw about equally well and fear no one. It all comes down to "blocking and tackling" as Coach Sandifer always says--and the team that does it best will win... Go 'Dawgs!

Texas Cougar
11-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Sounds like the same team, not that big, not that fast, just win. I really think this will be a great game.

injuredinmelee
11-23-2008, 09:30 PM
so debating on whether or not to make the trip... I do like Garcias idea of catching both games.

injuredinmelee
11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
so debating on whether or not to make the trip... I do like Garcias idea of catching both games.
my daughter will be so mad at me if I drag her to both games.

garciap77
11-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Texas Cougar
Sounds like the same team, not that big, not that fast, just win. I really think this will be a great game.

:iagree:

Have a safe trip to the game and may the best team win. Hope to see you at the M&G.

Slamhammer
11-23-2008, 11:44 PM
I'll have to give my vote to the Bulldogs based on what I saw earlier in the season and that brutal schedule they played.

Are both teams healthy?

Has anyone heard how the young man from Burkburnet is doing?

bp80884
11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Slamhammer
I'll have to give my vote to the Bulldogs based on what I saw earlier in the season and that brutal schedule they played.

Are both teams healthy?

China spring is healthy.

the guy from Burkburnett got out of ICU from what I have been told and is doing better. Praise God!

garciap77
11-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Slamhammer

Are both teams healthy?

Wylie is healthy. Suited up all players for the first time this season against Seminole! Congratulations to the Lady Lions for representing our district in the State Championship game this weekend!:clap: :clap: :clap:

nobogey72
11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
China Spring. :rolleyes: Just because ya'll have a Doobie Brother's song named after you, ya'll think you are hot crap!!!!

No, wait a minute that was China Grove. :doh: I guess ya'll don't have anything to feel good about.:D

Maybe except that 12-0 record. (I forgot about that)

ccmom
11-24-2008, 04:23 PM

I can see why you needed clarification on that one. :confused:

That must sound ridiculous to you, too!:rolleyes: :taunt:

Troybuilt
11-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Wylie in a close one... this is where playing our killer schedule pays off. We're not that big, not that fast, not really impressive at all to look at--just really well coached, play great defense, run and throw about equally well and fear no one. It all comes down to "blocking and tackling" as Coach Sandifer always says--and the team that does it best will win... Go 'Dawgs!

have u looked at CS's schedule. did u see Burks schedule? Did u see who one. CS is playin good ball right now. How bout Wylie?

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 04:56 PM
MAN...I'm excited about this one and I have no affiliation to either school!!

BUT.....because my buddy garciap is for AW.....so am I. GO DAWGS!!

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Those baby blue unis are sweeeeeeeet. I'm predicting a game much like last year's Gilmer-vs-Abilene Wylie. :thumbsup:

Wylie wins in a squeaker, but it won't surprise me to see CS notch their 13th win!

nobogey72
11-24-2008, 05:04 PM
It's really hard to tell about us right now. We seem to be playing at just a little higher level than whoever our opponent is. Hopefully Estacado and Seminole were pretty good teams but we didn't seem to "turn it up" untill we got in a bind. Hopefully, there will be more of a sense of urgency from the beginning against China Spring, like we showed earlier in the year. I know one thing for sure, we won't be out-prepared.

bp80884
11-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

I'll be your buddy if you vote for China Spring!:cool:

ccmom
11-24-2008, 06:01 PM

Ummmm....I'm thinking you might have forgotten to name another buddy from Wylie. You know the one who sent you updates, even while posting a semi-play by play on this board? Better not forget her....she's a whole lot meaner than Garcia!!:cool:

STANG RED
11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I learned a long time ago to never bet against Wylie, especially in big games. So I'm picking the DAWGS to win by a couple of TDs.
GO DAWGS GO! ;)

Pick6
11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I learned a long time ago to never bet against Wylie, especially in big games. So I'm picking the DAWGS to win by a couple of TDs.
GO DAWGS GO! ;)

I keep hearing that, the biggest game of the year is the State Championship. How many have they played in this decade?

slingshot
11-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
have u looked at CS's schedule. did u see Burks schedule? Did u see who one. CS is playin good ball right now. How bout Wylie? Uhhh... so CS played teams like Liberty Hill (3 pt loss), La Vega (win), Frenship (currently 12-0 and still playing in 4A, we lost to them by 5 at their place), Canyon (4A playoff team that we smoked on the road), a district with Sweetwater/Snyder/Brownwood (all wins). Your schedule was a creampuff compared to ours... Not saying you don't have a good team--you do, but let's don't compare schedules. Honestly, Burk was the first elite team ya'll have faced... Every coach likes to go about things differently, some want to play a relatively easy schedule and get his kid's confidence built up as the season goes forward and they come together as a team--some prefer to temper them by fire early and often. Both ways can work, both can backfire on you too... I just hope we have a safe game and may the best team win. Go 'Dawgs!

slingshot
11-24-2008, 07:29 PM
I keep hearing that, the biggest game of the year is the State Championship. How many have they played in this decade? Two. 2000 & 2004, so if they play in one every 4 years... ;)

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Two. 2000 & 2004, so if they play in one every 4 years... ;)

I know we won't be playing you guys...

70s: 4 finals
80s: 3 finals
90s: 2 finals
00s: 1 so far

does the countdown continue with Cuero just making one? sure hope not...

Pick6
11-24-2008, 08:03 PM

So evidently they don't always win the big games if they've played in 2 in 8 years.

cshscougar08
11-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Your schedule was a creampuff compared to ours... Not saying you don't have a good team--you do, but let's don't compare schedules.

Who cares? Does that change the caliber of the team that is on the field. It sure as heck doesn't! We've always had an easier than most non district schedule. But it doesn't change the caliber of the team.

Mcguirk
11-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
have u looked at CS's schedule. did u see Burks schedule? Did u see who one. CS is playin good ball right now. How bout Wylie?
I don't mean to be Mr. language person, but I believe it is "won".
Not having a history against your next opponent is what makes playoff games fun. We normally don't get to see all the good teams because it's hard to fit them in the schedule (and travel budget). The Cuero game was great (at least for us) and so was the Gilmer game last year. So was the Decatur & Wimberly series and LH & LV this year. . Good schools with great HS football traditions. (If I forgot a school remind me, I've only missed 3 games since 2000 and they start to run together) I'm sure it will be the same with CS. I just learned a long time ago not to say "you've haven't played a team as good as ours", because when you get this far you probably have. :thumbsup:
And I only predicting a Wylie win because I'm a homer, and I am not ready for the season to be over yet.

Mcguirk
11-24-2008, 08:43 PM
I keep hearing that, the biggest game of the year is the State Championship. How many have they played in this decade?

And at least one semifinal I believe.

jambo67
11-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Talk it up. But the winner will walk into a buzz-saw against the LeVaga / Navasota winner.

injuredinmelee
11-24-2008, 09:28 PM
So evidently they don't always win the big games if they've played in 2 in 8 years.

Wylie plays in a big game almost every week. Thats what happens when you have the recent history they do. How many titles have you played for in the last 8 years? How many consecutive playoff appearances?

Pick6
11-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Wylie plays in a big game almost every week. Thats what happens when you have the recent history they do. How many titles have you played for in the last 8 years? How many consecutive playoff appearances?

I'm not the one saying Wylie always wins the big games. I was just providing proof that they don't.

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Talk it up. But the winner will walk into a buzz-saw against the LeVaga / Navasota winner.
We know LaVega quite well thank you very much. There are no unknowns between us, just a whole lot of respect and a whole lot of dislike.

injuredinmelee
11-24-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm not the one saying Wylie always wins the big games. I was just providing proof that they don't.

at least we play in them which is what I was pointing out to you. Maybe when you can supply the type of history for your school we will take your sarcasm a little better.

for the record I think Wylie will have to play their best game of the year to pull off the win against C.S.

Pick6
11-24-2008, 10:06 PM
at least we play in them which is what I was pointing out to you. Maybe when you can supply the type of history for your school we will take your sarcasm a little better.

for the record I think Wylie will have to play their best game of the year to pull off the win against C.S.

Please explain what school I attended has to do with Wylie winning or losing. If you must know the school I attended has participated in 5 State Championship games. The school also had Track Champions, Power Lifting Champions and Basketball Championships.

BTW, I really don't care how you take my sarcasm.

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2008, 10:10 PM
:hijacktd: :hijacktd: Are we not freaking talking about CS and AW?

t-bird
11-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
The game matches what I believe to be the two best defenses in Division 2. Two very different styles but two of the best. I think Wylie will have the advantage because they are very strong from the D-line to the backups on defense. CS has great speed and pursuit on defense and tackles well.

I think this will be a defensive struggle in the first half and the team that adjust the best at the half will win a close, low scoring game. My bet is with Abilene Wylie.

AW 17
CS 14

Division 2?...Both of these teams are in Division 1.

Pick6
11-24-2008, 10:18 PM

You're right and CS rolls this week.

injuredinmelee
11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Please explain what school I attended has to do with Wylie winning or losing. If you must know the school I attended has participated in 5 State Championship games. The school also had Track Champions, Power Lifting Champions and Basketball Championships.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Pick6
11-24-2008, 10:30 PM
yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Looking at one of these
http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/dbimage/50155652/Cheval_Mirror.jpg

injuredinmelee
11-24-2008, 10:37 PM
no one of these more likely:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/hsguru73/jackass.jpg

or even more fitting:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/hsguru73/images-2.jpg

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Take it to another thread.:mad:

Pick6
11-24-2008, 10:45 PM
no one of these more likely:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/hsguru73/jackass.jpg

or even more fitting:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/hsguru73/images-2.jpg

Atleast we know what kind of company you keep.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Take it to another thread.:mad:

Or better yet....take up in a PM!!

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 12:17 AM
:doh: :doh:

Back on track....

Have I mentioned I really like CS's unis? :D I really can't bring myself to pick against Wylie, but something is whispering in my ear that this will be China Spring's "HOW YA LIKE ME NOW?" game!!! :thinking: :thinking:

nobogey72
11-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Someone from China Spring fill me in. Is China Spring in the Waco city limits? Is it a separate ISD than Waco? Is China Spring a separate town? I have never really known.

BTW, for China Spring posters that might not know (or care), Wylie is in the Abilene city limits, but is an ISD by itself. Back in the early 70's Wylie was begging Abilene ISD to take them in, but being mostly ag and residential it had a pretty measly tax base. When Fairway Oaks Country Club was built, that part of town just exploded, and most of the growth of Abilene has been in that area. Abilene ISD would love to have us back now, but ain't gonna happen.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Someone from China Spring fill me in. Is China Spring in the Waco city limits? Is it a separate ISD than Waco? Is China Spring a separate town? I have never really known.

I'm gunna make a guess and say it's not in the city limits... when I went up to my step-bro's in Weatherford sept. of this year I headed out past waco and saw a turn off to China Spring... so my 'guess' is no... never been there so really wouldn't know for sure...

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2008, 08:13 AM
There is no "town" of China Spring. Just a community, a school district and its own zip code. There are about 8,000 people who live within the CSISD. CS failed to incorparate many years ago and now is entirely within the ETJ of the City of Waco. It is a school district unto itself. Probably between 1/3 and 1/2 of the kids live with in the City limits of Waco. The schools (except elementary) are all in the the Waco City Limits. We are physically seperated from Waco proper by the airport and the lake. There is also 1 A school, Bosqueville, entirely within Waco that seperates us from Waco

nobogey72
11-25-2008, 08:21 AM
There is no "town" of China Spring. Just a community, a school district and its own zip code. There are about 8,000 people who live within the CSISD. CS failed to incorparate many years ago and now is entirely within the ETJ of the City of Waco. It is a school district unto itself. Probably between 1/3 and 1/2 of the kids live with in the City limits of Waco. The schools (except elementary) are all in the the Waco City Limits. We are physically seperated from Waco proper by the airport and the lake. There is also 1 A school, Bosqueville, entirely within Waco that seperates us from Waco

Ya'll have your own zip code? We don't have that. Now I'm pissed.:D Other than that, ya'lls dynamics sound alot like Wylie's.

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2008, 08:22 AM
How many AW players are two way starters?

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Ya'll have your own zip code? We don't have that. Now I'm pissed.:D Other than that, ya'lls dynamics sound alot like Wylie's.

Not quite. Waco annexed us before we started growing. When they brought in city utilities, that is when we started growing.

WylieBulldog92
11-25-2008, 08:29 AM
How many AW players are two way starters?
2 or 3.

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:14 AM

Thanks IHStangFan, hope we don't disappoint you!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smiley06_2.jpg

Texasfootball2
11-25-2008, 09:18 AM
And two Semi finals I believe.

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:18 AM
I'll be your buddy if you vote for China Spring!:cool:

Personal foul on bp80884! First and Ten Wylie! GO DAWGS!!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee-cartoon1.jpg

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:28 AM

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

It's better than 1 in 10 years!

And you lost that one!

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by jambo67

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cazwateveroo11.gif

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:37 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/sign4.jpg

:D

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:40 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/125760aazq4wiab5.gif

STANG RED
11-25-2008, 10:04 AM

So who said Wylie ALWAYS wins the big games?

If you'll go back and actually comprehend my post, you'll see that I said I'd never bet against them, especially in a big game. Seems like that ought to be pretty easy to understand to me. Reading comprehension isn’t exactly your strong suit is it?

Pick6
11-25-2008, 10:05 AM

It's better than 1 in 10 years!

And you lost that one!

What are you even talking about? Who's had 1 in 10 years?

ccmom
11-25-2008, 10:06 AM
We know LaVega quite well thank you very much. There are no unknowns between us, just a whole lot of respect and a whole lot of dislike.

We know LaVega, too....only we're pretty fond of them. :inlove: I mean, being chosen as a teams homecoming opponent is not usually considered a compliment, but they really handled the defeat with class!:D

DaHop72
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
We know LaVega, too....only we're pretty fond of them. :inlove: I mean, being chosen as a teams homecoming opponent is not usually considered a compliment, but they really handled the defeat with class!:D http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

ccmom
11-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif I'm glad you liked that one....I was kinda proud of it!:p

solocam
11-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Wylie by 3

opher
11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Wylie by 14.

garciap77
11-25-2008, 12:08 PM
What are you even talking about? Who's had 1 in 10 years?

nm

themsu97
11-25-2008, 02:05 PM
I have seen Wylie on film and CS up close... I will go with Wylie by 7

gibby
11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Gotta be all homer on this. WHS by 14

STANG RED
11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
I have seen Wylie on film and CS up close... I will go with Wylie by 7

You should really bump that up some, because Wylie doesnt even look impressive on film or live. But just when your about lulled to sleep, you look up at the scoreboard, and their up by 14 or 21.:confused: I dont know how they do it, but I've seen it over and over and over again. :doh: :D

garciap77
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
You should really bump that up some, because Wylie doesnt even look impressive on film or live. But just when your about lulled to sleep, you look up at the scoreboard, and their up by 14 or 21.:confused: I dont know how they do it, but I've seen it over and over and over again. :doh: :D

Some say it's because of this:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2463-2.jpg

But, don't believe them, it's not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

;)

Slamhammer
11-25-2008, 07:11 PM
gotta agree with Red's assessment. There is nothing flashy or impressive about Wylie when you look at them. They play fundamental football. They are not great at any one thing but they are good at just about everything. Well coached & well disciplined.

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2008, 07:35 PM
This has turned into District 2 Chat room.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 08:15 PM
I'll be your buddy if you vote for China Spring!:cool: LOL...hey man...you kept me up to date last week...we ARE buddies. :D I really think this could be a great game. I will be in place to give this one a listen...count on it.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Ummmm....I'm thinking you might have forgotten to name another buddy from Wylie. You know the one who sent you updates, even while posting a semi-play by play on this board? Better not forget her....she's a whole lot meaner than Garcia!!:cool: :D :p Thank you for the updates ....I appreciate it. :)

Mcguirk
11-25-2008, 08:27 PM
No flaming here, honest question; what should we (Wylie) be looking for from CS? I looked at the CS schedule and we really have no opponents in common. The closet one I saw is that you beat Glen Rose by 18, who beat Graham by 2, who Wylie beat by 27.
It looks like at the 1st of the year the CS's O was clicking, but has been slowing a little. Is it because of better competition, injuries, or something else? On the other side the D looks as if it has been kicking it up a notch.
Wylie's D has been solid all year. The O has sorta been off and on, but always able to deliver when needed.
Anyway fill us in on the details and who we need to look for.:thinking:

bp80884
11-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
No flaming here, honest question; what should we (Wylie) be looking for from CS? I looked at the CS schedule and we really have no opponents in common. The closet one I saw is that you beat Glen Rose by 18, who beat Graham by 2, who Wylie beat by 27.
It looks like at the 1st of the year the CS's O was clicking, but has been slowing a little. Is it because of better competition, injuries, or something else? On the other side the D looks as if it has been kicking it up a notch.
Wylie's D has been solid all year. The O has sorta been off and on, but always able to deliver when needed.

We are mainly a slot t with 3 running backs. We also run the wish bone and quite a bit of option. Hardly ever pass the ball. We believe in ground and pound.

On defense, we are slow and small. Got lucky all year and we are pretty over rated.

Basically, we probably don't match up well to Wylie. Just tell the Coach there about what I am telling you about the Cougs and let's keep this conversation on the "DOWNLOW".

I wonder if I will be the only one to find the implied humor in the "DOWNLOW" comment. We are on the 3A DOWNLOW and the fact that this is my best shot at slang reference to a different post on the site!

Go Cougs!

ccmom
11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
:D :p Thank you for the updates ....I appreciate it. :) You had already said thank you, and you are welcome! Just wanted to throw a little guilt in there in case you had a lapse in judgement and were considering going with the "Powder Puf..", I mean "Powder Blue."

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk

Offense scheme? Pick one. As far as slowing down, I don't think so. Burnet was played with a 30 mph wind ( ya'll West Texas people know all about that) . We simply ran for 350 yards with 8 fumbles thrown in for good measure. Burkburnet simply played keep away and it was hard to establish anything, their defense was pretty stiff. Once we scored and got ahead it was lights out. Our defense, that bent all night but didn't break, kicked it in another gear and it was over.
I'll give you one number.......19. Your players already know about him. I will let his play speak for itself.

Mcguirk
11-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks for all intelligent discourse:rolleyes: I didn't have time to look at the individual box scores, just saw that you were hanging 40 and 50 on everyone at the first of the year and less towards the end. I also noticed that your opponents were scoring less as the season went on. We don't get to see many teams from central Texas so I didn't know what the competition was like. Sorry for asking.:dispntd:

Texas Cougar
11-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Not that big a deal really. Seriously, I never know know what offense that we will do going into a game. One game we are in the spread and throw the ball 30 times and the next we line up in the slot tee and throw the ball 4 times. Defense is really solid. The scores that you see with one touchdown were typiclally against 2nd and 3rd team. Defense changes every week, one we are in a 4-3-4 and the next we run a 2-4-5. It is really hard to tell who starts where. I know it sounds strange, but on defense we have 16 starters. At Aledo, they announce starting lineups before the game and half the players announced did not start. Number 19, Hicks is the offensive stud, but 80% of the time he is a decoy. Other than that it someone different every week. Good luck to Wylie and may everyone bring their "A" game and the best team win.

Mcguirk
11-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Texas Cougar
Not that big a deal really. Seriously, I never know know what offense that we will do going into a game. One game we are in the spread and throw the ball 30 times and the next we line up in the slot tee and throw the ball 4 times. Defense is really solid. The scores that you see with one touchdown were typiclally against 2nd and 3rd team. Defense changes every week, one we are in a 4-3-4 and the next we run a 2-4-5. It is really hard to tell who starts where. I know it sounds strange, but on defense we have 16 starters. At Aledo, they announce starting lineups before the game and half the players announced did not start. Number 19, Hicks is the offensive stud, but 80% of the time he is a decoy. Other than that it someone different every week. Good luck to Wylie and may everyone bring their "A" game and the best team win.

Thanks for the clarification. I love HS football and when we get a chance to see new-to-us teams. I just like to know what to look for when we see someone new. I read on the Tribune website that Hicks was guy who broke it open against Burk. Good luck to CS too, but maybe a little more to the Dawgs;)

Texas Cougar
11-26-2008, 12:11 AM
It is nice to be playing in Regiion 1 vs. Region 3. It is a different game. Speed vs Power. I just spent 3 hours watching AW tape and it looks like it will be a good game. Again, this is the same program. Taking average kids with average talent and teaching them to excel. Is it only Tuesday! I guess the boys need some time to recoup, but I am ready to go tonight.

Texas Cougar
11-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Also Hicks is now in 2nd place for career receiving yards in the state in all classifications. And the best part is that he is not a prima donna and would rather throw a block for a winning touchdown that score it. All around team player.

nobogey72
11-26-2008, 07:45 AM

Now I'm confused.:confused: Google search reported that China Spring is an incorporated "town" and is a separate entity from Waco. Also the Texas Almanac lists China Spring as a town. So, Rabid Cougar, either YOU or the Texas Almanac is wrong. Plus it just now dawned on me that Waco La Vega and China Spring are about 14 miles apart (as I understand it) and not only are they not in the same district, but CS in Reg. 1, and LV in Reg. 3. I guess you just never know what the UIL will do. I remember one realignment when Winters was in Reg 4 and Jim Ned was in Reg 1. They are about 20 miles apart. I also remember one year my dumbass wife burned the turkey and we ate chicken pot pies.

Rabid Cougar
11-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Nope, Texas Almanac is wrong. We are a town but unincorparated. The is no China Spring mayor or city council. Our mayor is the Mayor of Waco and we pay Waco City taxes. BIG water tower pretty much right in the middle of China Spring with the City of Waco Logo on it.

We are just 10 miles from LaVega, which it ISN'T in Waco at all . It is is the City of of Bellmead, which is very much its own city. There is even another 3 A school, Connally High School which is about 8 miles from us. It is located in the City of Lacy Lakeview. Both are individual ISDs. We all used to be in the same District 17 3A for 10 out of the past 12 years.
We actually have to drive by both of those schools to get to our fellow 7 3A members West and Hillsboro which are 30 and 45 miles from us.

Yes it is all confusing to people not very familiar with Waco.

Apparently the UIL is geographically confused too!

nobogey72
11-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Gottcha!!!! Thanks!
Nope, Texas Almanac is wrong. We are a town but unincorparated. The is no China Spring mayor or city council. Our mayor is the Mayor of Waco and we pay Waco City taxes. BIG water tower pretty much right in the middle of China Spring with the City of Waco Logo on it.

We are just 10 miles from LaVega, which it ISN'T in Waco at all . It is is the City of of Bellmead, which is very much its own city. There is even another 3 A school, Connally High School which is about 8 miles from us. It is located in the City of Lacy Lakeview. Both are individual ISDs. We all used to be in the same District 17 3A for 10 out of the past 12 years.
We actually have to drive by both of those schools to get to our fellow 7 3A members West and Hillsboro which are 30 and 45 miles from us.

Apparently the UIL is geographically confused too!

slingshot
11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
...We actually have to drive by both of those schools to get to our fellow 7 3A members West and Hillsboro which are 30 and 45 miles from us...

Apparently the UIL is geographically confused too! Now THAT makes no sense at all!!! Even to us backwards west Texas' folk! :rolleyes:

nobogey72
11-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I know this is a poll and it's like who's gonna win and why and all that. I'm not gonna beat around the bush I'm gonna come out and say that I think we are gonna "KICK CHINA SPRING'S ASS" and the reason I think that is because that is what I WANT to believe. So stick that wherever you want to and it's worth about what it cost for you to read it. :taunt: :taunt: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

nobogey72
11-26-2008, 10:45 AM
HELLO!!!!!! Anybody out there. I just said that WYLIE IS GONNA KICK CHINA SPRING'S ASS !!!!! No response? OK, I guess that makes it official.:)

cshscougar08
11-26-2008, 10:47 AM
HELLO!!!!!! Anybody out there. I just said that WYLIE IS GONNA KICK CHINA SPRING'S ASS !!!!! No response? OK, I guess that makes it official.:)

No we're out here. We just don't feel like acknowledging your idiocy. :D

Texas Cougar
11-26-2008, 10:55 AM
I know this is a poll and it's like who's gonna win and why and all that. I'm not gonna beat around the bush I'm gonna come out and say that I think we are gonna "KICK CHINA SPRING'S ASS" and the reason I think that is because that is what I WANT to believe. So stick that wherever you want to and it's worth about what it cost for you to read it. :taunt: :taunt: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

I wish you the best of luck with that. Of course, it has happened to us so many times already this year that we are used to it.

garciap77
11-26-2008, 12:33 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_out_080222_fishing-1.jpg

;)

Rabid Cougar
11-26-2008, 01:45 PM

I like it.

ccmom
11-26-2008, 10:11 PM

Poor nobogey....nobody wants to play.:( I almost feel sorry for you.

Ok....just pretend my name is "csmom"....

"Oh yeah...well you just keep believing that old fogey, I mean, nobogey. Good thing you Wylie fans have the cash to fill up your Hummers and get yourselves to the championship game in a couple of weeks, because after watching the whipping we're gonna give you, you'll all want to be in the stands sporting Powder Blue!:D But look at this way....at least you won't have to listen to that redneck guy on the radio for anymore games this season!;) "

Is that better?:)

garciap77
11-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Poor nobogey....nobody wants to play.:( I almost feel sorry for you.

Ok....just pretend my name is "csmom"....

"Oh yeah...well you just keep believing that old fogey, I mean, nobogey. Good thing you Wylie fans have the cash to fill up your Hummers and get yourselves to the championship game in a couple of weeks, because after watching the whipping we're gonna give you, you'll all want to be in the stands sporting Powder Blue!:D But look at this way....at least you won't have to listen to that redneck guy on the radio for anymore games this season!;) "

Is that better?:)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/laura_stirring_goat_pot1-1.jpg

;)

ccmom
11-27-2008, 12:22 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/laura_stirring_goat_pot1-1.jpg

;)

Well...somebody had too. Guess we're gonna just have to beat these boys in Powder Blue on the field AND on the board! :rolleyes:

(and if you are still here....check your PMs Garcia! :) )

trojan37
11-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Abilene Wylie, here is your threat from CS.

Mike Hicks (http://www.wacotrib.com/prep/content/sports/highschools/stories/2008/11/27/11272008wachicks.html)

ccmom
11-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Abilene Wylie, here is your threat from CS.

Mike Hicks (http://www.wacotrib.com/prep/content/sports/highschools/stories/2008/11/27/11272008wachicks.html) Thanks! I know I am looking forward to watching him.:)

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

ccmom
11-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, as well. The thrill of a playoff game is pretty low on our list of blessings, but it sure is fun.:)

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, as well. The thrill of a playoff game is pretty low on our list of blessings, but it sure is fun.:)
No... that was my reply to the "ass kicking comment" because Thanksgiving and a Cowboy's win will be your only bright moments this weekend.

garciap77
11-27-2008, 11:35 AM
No... that was my reply to the "ass kicking comment" because Thanksgiving and a Cowboy's win will be your only bright moments this weekend.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cazwateveroo11.gif

ccmom
11-27-2008, 12:21 PM

Garcia, please take note. This is what I get when I make an effort to be nice. :rolleyes: I think I'll stick to what I know...:D

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Whatsa matter? Propeller heads the only people that are allowed to say anything on here?

RPF2666
11-27-2008, 12:32 PM
China Spring folks are a class act...good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

garciap77
11-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Whatsa matter? Propeller heads the only people that are allowed to say anything on here?

Of course not Mr. Cougar! Fire away! It's all in fun!

;)

ccmom
11-27-2008, 12:41 PM

I'd say the fact that you've posted over 300 times, discounts that theory. :rolleyes:

Garcia? Remind me again to be nice, please. I'm trying to concentrate on Thanksgiving blessings and not be mean, but this Powder Blue "turkey" is about to get "served".....:devil:

garciap77
11-27-2008, 12:56 PM
I'd say the fact that you've posted over 300 times, discounts that theory. :rolleyes:

Garcia? Remind me again to be nice, please. I'm trying to concentrate on Thanksgiving blessings and not be mean, but this Powder Blue "turkey" is about to get "served".....:devil:

Well, you know what happened to Benny!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/byebyepussy-1.jpg

J/K Benny! You know you are one of my favorite posters!

:)

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 02:53 PM
It's hard enough not to get on here and not put up bulletin board material as is. I'm sorry but the "ass kicking" comment kinda gets the old hackles up .... even if it was made in jest.

cshscougar08
11-27-2008, 03:22 PM
It's hard enough not to get on here and not put up bulletin board material as is. I'm sorry but the "ass kicking" comment kinda gets the old hackles up .... even if it was made in jest.

Have you seen nobogey? He looks like he's about 90 and probably addled in the brain. :D

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 03:30 PM
In response to Region I Home page;
there will be more Columbia Blue there than Purple and Gold.

ccmom
11-27-2008, 03:58 PM
In response to Region I Home page;
there will be more Columbia Blue there than Purple and Gold. I'm not really sure how you intended for that comment to be received, but I know that Wylie fans and players will be thrilled to see support for the opposing team. It's going to be a great game....the more the merrier!:)

Besides...isn't Greenwood Columbia Blue and China Spring is Powder Blue, or is there a difference? :confused:

garciap77
11-27-2008, 04:01 PM
In response to ccmom's Region I Article in the Home page!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/greatjob-1.jpg

garciap77
11-27-2008, 04:13 PM

That reminds me I got to check the turkey I have frying outside! I’ll be back in a minute!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/FJZLLBVUHPEV2ZDRCO_MEDIUM.jpg

;)

ccmom
11-27-2008, 05:30 PM
That reminds me I got to check the turkey I have frying outside! I’ll be back in a minute!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/FJZLLBVUHPEV2ZDRCO_MEDIUM.jpg

;) THAT is some of your finest work yet, my friend!! :clap: :clap:

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2008, 07:04 PM
I would say you have one turkey there that will cause you all sorts of problems.

garciap77
11-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I would say you have one turkey there that will cause you all sorts of problems.

LOL

nobogey72
11-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Have you seen nobogey? He looks like he's about 90 and probably addled in the brain. :D

ADDLE THIS!!!!! :eek: :D

ccmom
11-28-2008, 11:22 AM
We have been blessed with a little rain here over the last couple of days. I'm hoping the Waco area is getting some too, because judging by the comments from the CS posters, I get the feeling it is pretty DRY out that way.....:rolleyes:

OldBison75
11-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Is that turkey really blue to represent the loyalty to CS football, or is it blue because it is CHOKING!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Besides...isn't Greenwood Columbia Blue and China Spring is Powder Blue, or is there a difference? :confused:
I think the big difference is the turquoisey. Just speaking from experience, I don't think one can truly begin to "appreciate" the powder blue unless they're the home team. ;)

Of course, on here, the only option is "skyblue" which is closer to the turquoisey than the powder.

ccmom
11-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think the big difference is the turquoisey. Just speaking from experience, I don't think one can truly begin to "appreciate" the powder blue unless they're the home team. ;)

Of course, on here, the only option is "skyblue" which is closer to the turquoisey than the powder. Thanks! The funny thing is that I completely understood every part of that, while I have a feeling the men are probably more confused....:thinking: ;)

Rabid Cougar
11-28-2008, 05:19 PM
I would say that bird will cause all sort of gastronomical distress!

Beast Fan
11-28-2008, 10:19 PM
hy is China Springs even playing this game? Iit is a holiday weekend against a district 2 team the self proclaimed most feared distict in Texas. Go China Springs!!!!! Hope y'all shut them up!!!!

ccmom
11-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
hy is China Springs even playing this game? Iit is a holiday weekend against a district 2 team the self proclaimed most feared distict in Texas. Go China Springs!!!!! Hope y'all shut them up!!!! Hmmm....I believe what you are referring to is this.....

"But even UIL athletic director Dr. Charles Breithaupt noted the competitiveness of the district. "It may be the new Little Southwest Conference," he said. Dr. Breithaupt quoted on the Fort Worth Star Telegram"

So, if it is the UIL AD you are trying to shut up, then ok. I also don't remember anything about District 2 being "feared", but it scares you, it's big of you to admit it.

garciap77
11-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
hy is China Springs even playing this game? Iit is a holiday weekend against a district 2 team the self proclaimed most feared distict in Texas. Go China Springs!!!!! Hope y'all shut them up!!!!

Hmmm....I believe what you are referring to is this.....

"But even UIL athletic director Dr. Charles Breithaupt noted the competitiveness of the district. "It may be the new Little Southwest Conference," he said. Dr. Breithaupt quoted on the Fort Worth Star Telegram"

So, if it is the UIL AD you are trying to shut up, then ok. I also don't remember anything about District 2 being "feared", but it scares you, it's big of you to admit it.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/YouGotServed.gif
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/125760aazq4wiab5.gif
Beast Fan!

HM33
11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Can anyone send me score updates by texting me? I would like to keep updated on this game.

solocam
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Go get em Wylie