PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Liberty Hill 5:30 Saturday Bwood

Pages : [1] 2

bigron15
11-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Gordon Wood Stadium. i think i will be off for this game

mustang04
11-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Word. I really do wanna make this since its not far from San Angelo:) :)

DU_stud04
11-22-2008, 11:57 PM
can't wait :)

here's some locker room material guys.... at the liberty hill game today, i heard a few guys talkin about next week. one lh guy says to the other

guy 1 "so, we've got a bye next week?"

guy 2 "no, we play sweetwater"

guy 1 "like i said, we've got a bye."

ccmom
11-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

here's some locker room material guys.... at the liberty hill game today, i heard a few guys talkin about next week. one lh guy says to the other

Oh boy....here we go....

;)

Panther One
11-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

You've got to be kidding me. Guy 1 is obviously an idiot. He's giving Sweetwater way too much credit. The Mustangs aren't even in the same league with bye. Haven't you seen the posts? Bye caused seven teams to lose this week. When was the last time Sweetwater did that?

As for the game, I'm looking forward to it. It's been fun playing new opponents this year. It will be interesting to see if Sweetwater sticks to their running game, or does as Vernon did and try to find success through the air. If they stick to the run, this one would could be over in a couple of hours.

GreenMonster
11-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Sweetwater will stick to the run, and I expect this game to be a WAR. I already want to go to this game. Gotta find a baby sitter! After taking in my first LH game, I have to say I was more impressed with the smash-mouth style in which they choose to run the Slot T than in the misdirection their fans speak so highly of. The O-line and TE's are beasts. I've had the priveledge of seeing both teams already this season (Sweetwater in 0 week vs Burkburnett and LH earlier today) and I fully expect this game to be one of the best of the year. NEVER count a Kent Jackson team out until the final snap of the game. This will be a slugfest and the last man standing will win.

LHexPlayer
11-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Sweetwater will stick to the run, and I expect this game to be a WAR. I already want to go to this game. Gotta find a baby sitter! After taking in my first LH game, I have to say I was more impressed with the smash-mouth style in which they choose to run the Slot T than in the misdirection their fans speak so highly of. The O-line and TE's are beasts. I've had the priveledge of seeing both teams already this season (Sweetwater in 0 week vs Burkburnett and LH earlier today) and I fully expect this game to be one of the best of the year. NEVER count a Kent Jackson team out until the final snap of the game. This will be a slugfest and the last man standing will win.

What you saw tonight was our vanilla version of our offense. We just lined up and came straight ahead all night. It was more of a power I offense tonight than the slot t. Some think we are doing this on purpose and I hope they are right and we can turn on the misdirection slot t when it is needed.

44INAROW
11-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
If they stick to the run, this one would could be over in a couple of hours.
heck, don't know if the Panthers can finish much quicker than today's game - Seems like it was over in a little over 2 hours or so...... :p

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Some think we are doing this on purpose
Some.....like coaches? :p

LHexPlayer
11-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Some.....like coaches? :p

Whoever....what do they know?:D

Panther One
11-23-2008, 12:52 AM
What you saw tonight was our vanilla version of our offense. We just lined up and came straight ahead all night. It was more of a power I offense tonight than the slot t. Some think we are doing this on purpose and I hope they are right and we can turn on the misdirection slot t when it is needed.
Some teams sell out to try and stop our running game. Those teams usually have some success disrupting the offense, especially the inside runs and traps, but they are also susceptible to the big play. Vernon seemed content with playing back preventing the big play and we seemed content to run right at them for 5-10 yards a pop. Anytime that a team's safeties are the leading tacklers, we're having a good game running the ball.

swstangs001
11-23-2008, 01:27 AM
Some teams sell out to try and stop our running game. Those teams usually have some success disrupting the offense, especially the inside runs and traps, but they are also susceptible to the big play. Vernon seemed content with playing back preventing the big play and we seemed content to run right at them for 5-10 yards a pop. Anytime that a team's safeties are the leading tacklers, we're having a good game running the ball.

but does vernon have the linbackers that sweetwater does?

Stownhorse
11-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I voted LH. LH has too much offense for Sweetwater.

mustang68
11-23-2008, 01:37 AM
I went with the Massey top rated defence for our 1000th game.

garciap77
11-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Go Stangs!

mustang68
11-23-2008, 01:47 AM
This was as of 11-18

http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=stateratings&conftodisp=Texas&year=2008&conf_id1=CFB76376s

be interesting to see the update

swstangs001
11-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I voted LH. LH has too much offense for Sweetwater.

i think sweetwater has the defense to slow them down, just not the offense to keep up

garciap77
11-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by swstangs001
i think sweetwater has the defense to slow them down, just not the offense to keep up

If they play like they did the second half vs Greenwood, I believe they have plenty of Offense to not just keep up, but to put LH away! Go Stangs!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Sweetwater96
11-23-2008, 05:37 AM
I'd love to see sweetwater win but common sense says LH will win big.

Go_Wylie2000
11-23-2008, 05:46 AM
I'd like to see the Mustangs win but I don't think the mustangs can stop the Elite "Slot T" that Liberty Hill runs.

Liberty Hill 38

Sweetwater 14

clemsmarina
11-23-2008, 09:30 AM
but does vernon have the linbackers that sweetwater does?

Not sure what Sweetwater has at linebacker just yet, but Vernon was platooning LB's in and out all night trying to keep them fresh... Haven't seen a team try that yet, ever!

They looked like everyone elses LB's have the last 5 years, beat up!!!

Lion_Addict
11-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I have nuttin but respect for both teams.....and their posters :inlove:
Think it's gonna be a good ole smashmouth game and prolly be closer than alot will predict.
Hmmmmmmm :thinking: . A team that just keeps on rolling and refuses to get beat on one side.
On the other side, a fellow district rep that plays pretty dag gum physical and has really got it going on.

Think my pick is gonna have to be.................... Hey, did I mention how happy I really am that this game is being played here in the WOOD??!!! :D

Good luck to both great teams!!!:2thumbsup

LHexPlayer
11-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Have we determined who is home and visitors yet?

bp80884
11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
I am going Liberty Hill just because of Liberty Hill Panther Mom and she is the best moderator in the world!!

Go Panthers!

I_DONT_CARE
11-23-2008, 10:44 AM
PURPLE PUDDY TATS WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR THE MY LITTLE PONIES.

Lion_Addict
11-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
I am going Liberty Hill just because of Liberty Hill Panther Mom and she is the best moderator in the world!!

Go Panthers!

Suck Up :rolleyes: ....... HA HA! :D
Yes, I know.....I've done it too :doh:

ivchris
11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Sweetwater will stop that run.

Sweetwater 17

LH 10

garciap77
11-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by bp80884

Go Panthers!

I am going with Sweetwater just because of STANG RED and he is the best poster in the world.!!

GO Stangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking4number8
11-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey, if you guys want to do a meet and greet on this one let me know. I can try to get ahold of somebody to make sure we are allowed on the track at halftime. Just let me know.

Sweetwater Red
11-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Hey, if you guys want to do a meet and greet on this one let me know. I can try to get ahold of somebody to make sure we are allowed on the track at halftime. Just let me know.

Trust me. There will definately be a M&G.:D

swstangs001
11-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
If they play like they did the second half vs Greenwood, I believe they have plenty of Offense to not just keep up, but to put LH away! Go Stangs!:cheerl: :cheerl:

yeah but you don't know what sweetwater offense is going to showup, the one that fumbles 6 times, or the one that rushes for 500 yards

Panther One
11-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Well that would make sense if Greenwood was going to be playing defense for us. I would expect there to be a difference between the 100th ranked defense and the 15th. Since giving up 303 yards rushing to Giddings (#7 offense) in the first game, we've only given up over 100 yards rushing once, and that was 136 yards to Llano. And against the three top 25 defenses Sweetwater faced this year, they scored 6, 17, and 0 points. I like our defense's chances.

garciap77
11-23-2008, 01:07 PM
yeah but you don't know what sweetwater offense is going to showup, the one that fumbles 6 times, or the one that rushes for 500 yards

Well, if the one that rushes for 500 yards shows up, Sweetwater wins!

GO Sweetwater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:cheerl: :cheerl:

I believe they will be passed that (fumbles) this coming weekend.

garciap77
11-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Well that would make sense if Greenwood was going to be playing defense for us. I would expect there to be a difference between the 100th ranked defense and the 15th. Since giving up 303 yards rushing to Giddings (#7 offense) in the first game, we've only given up over 100 yards rushing once, and that was 136 yards to Llano. And against the three top 25 defenses Sweetwater faced this year, they scored 6, 17, and 0 points. I like our defense's chances.

This is the playoffs. And teams usually play better than their statistics! I was at the game and Greenwood played excellent defense, Sweetwater just out played them in the second half.

rangerfan2009
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
well if sweetwater shows up like they did against greenwood the first half then it will be a blow out.....which it is going to be anyways

swstangs001
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM

well that would make sensse if those 3 defenses were playing for yall

wtfootball
11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
I certainly am pulling for the underdogs this week.
Would love to see Sweetwater and Monahans go at it next round.

garciap77
11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
I certainly am pulling for the underdogs this week.
Would love to see Sweetwater and Monahans go at it next round.

:iagree:

Panther One
11-23-2008, 02:21 PM
well that would make sensse if those 3 defenses were playing for yall
We won't need them. We have a top 15 defense ourselves, with run defense being our strength. Those teams were simply used to provide a better comparison to our defense, since comparing 100 to 15 doesn't quite work.

It is the playoffs and I understand that teams do start playing better, but that applies to the best teams also. In two playoff games we've given up a TOTAL of 293 yards with 168 of that coming on the ground. Now I realize Sweetwater has a better offense than our two opponents so far, but statistically, it's not that much better than Vernon's and you performed pretty similarly to Vernon against common opponents.

If you win this game, it will be because your defense stepped up to the challenge, like in many of your wins this season.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Why the heck is LH in region 1 anyways?

My heart says Sweetwater (I'd say I still bleed red, but I'm pretty sure everyone does) but my head says LH has some destiny on their side (and a helluva an offense).

Liberty Hill - 21
Sweetwater- 20

+/- 2 points or so.

DU_stud04
11-23-2008, 02:29 PM

If you win this game, it will be because your defense stepped up to the challenge, like in many of your wins this season. agreed.

STANG RED
11-23-2008, 03:07 PM

If you win this game, it will be because your defense stepped up to the challenge, like in many of your wins this season.

I'm not worried about our D stepping up, I know they will. I'm much more concerned about our extremely predictable and vanilla offense going 3 and out too many times and putting our D on the field way too much. It is obvious that an effective passing game is the only way to beat LH, and we simply do not have one at all. And I dont mean we have to have a spread that throws for 300+. Im just talking about an effective passing game that can keep the LH defense honest, and not be able to stack the line of scrimmage to stop the run, like all teams who beat us do.
Just a few short, well executed play action passes is all it takes to make a defense take a step back and play honest. Problem is, you cant just turn that switch on when you need it. Its something that has to be worked on all season in game situations, even if your not really needing it at the time. We needed it against Wylie, didnt have it, and got beat. Will we have it when we need it this week? :(

swstangs001
11-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm not worried about our D stepping up, I know they will. I'm much more concerned about our extremely predictable and vanilla offense going 3 and out too many times and putting our D on the field way too much. It is obvious that an effective passing game is the only way to beat LH, and we simply do not have one at all. And I dont mean we have to have a spread that throws for 300+. Im just talking about an effective passing game that can keep the LH defense honest, and not be able to stack the line of scrimmage to stop the run, like all teams who beat us do.
Just a few short, well executed play action passes is all it takes to make a defense take a step back and play honest. Problem is, you cant just turn that switch on when you need it. Its something that has to be worked on all season in game situations, even if your not really needing it at the time. We needed it against Wylie, didnt have it, and got beat. Will we have it when we need it this week? :(

the D is good enough it just matters what offense shows up...i'm not saying sweetwater is going to beat liberty hill by 30, im saying its going to be a close game

Panther One
11-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Stat time (very similar, too)...

Liberty Hill

Opponents
Rushing: 301 att - 867 yds 6 tds| 72.3 yds/g (2.9 yds/car)
Passing: 114 - 241 - 11 int - 19 tds - 1833 yds | 152.8 yds/g
Total: 542 - 2700 yds 25 tds | 225.0 yds/g

Panthers
Rushing: 631 att - 5060 yds 59 tds | 421.7 yds/g (8.0 yds/car)
Passing: 14 - 29 - 1 int - 3 tds - 371 yds | 30.9 yds/g
Total: 660 - 5431 yds 62 tds | 452.6 yds/g

Sweetwater

Opponents
Rushing: 370 att - 1490 yds 14 tds| 124.2 yds/g (4.0 yds/car)
Passing: 109 - 211 - 11 int - 8 tds - 1741 yds | 145.1 yds/g
Total: 581 - 3231 yds 22 tds | 269.3 yds/g

Mustangs
Rushing: 585 att - 3562 yds 37 tds | 296.8 yds/g (6.1 yds/car)
Passing: 14 - 49 - 3 int - 2 tds - 186 yds | 15.5 yds/g
Total: 634 - 3748 yds 39 tds | 312.0 yds/g

Come on
11-23-2008, 11:23 PM

You are obviously an idiot!

Snydertigersrul
11-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Why the heck is LH in region 1 anyways?

My heart says Sweetwater (I'd say I still bleed red, but I'm pretty sure everyone does) but my head says LH has some destiny on their side (and a helluva an offense).

Liberty Hill - 21
Sweetwater- 20

+/- 2 points or so.

Oh no, that score does sound familiar, but I heard that they are working hard on kicking extra points.

:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Oh no, that score does sound familiar, but I heard that they are working hard on kicking extra points.

Haha I didn't even think about "that" score.

Hey at least you can come to this game without worrying about any conflicts with Snyders schedule. ;)

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 01:17 AM

I wasn't going to say anything.......

didn't ...Snyder LOSE because of an XP you little dweeb!!??

Nobody has brought out that the Tigers lost to Monahans....because your kicker misses an XP......I know this young man and his dad...so I did not want to make it a big deal.......

here it is 3 YEARS later and you are making it a deal..

Get over it...and by the way.....

How is THUMP.....THUMP going over in Scurry County....I know you are covering because that is the only sport going on for your paper!!l

Go Mustangs !!.... GO Bulldogs!!

Trashman
11-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Sorry mustangs........LH wins this even with LHPM carrying the rock. :D

1st and goal
11-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Which side are the B'wood people gonna sit on?

LH_Tuff
11-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

Does anybody know who the home team is?

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Does anybody know who the home team is?
We are - we'll be runnin' up the purple! ;)

sportzman44
11-24-2008, 07:27 AM

SWEETWATERS

GO MUSTANGS

Looking4number8
11-24-2008, 08:40 AM

I will be wearing dark red (some call it maroon, but it is still kind of red) and sitting on the Sweetwater side with my District 2 buddies

garciap77
11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
I will be wearing dark red (some call it maroon, but it is still kind of red) and sitting on the Sweetwater side with my District 2 buddies

:ditto:

:2thumbsup

My purple will be looking RED! Go Stangs!

:cheerl:

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 09:01 AM

After much thought and deliberation...(well, not really that much), this Greenwood fan will be sitting on the Liberty Hill side.

I don't know a single player from the Sweetwater team and don't think I even know a single parent either.....I DO know LHPM, LHPD and the beast personally!!!!

firstcat
11-24-2008, 09:11 AM

Texasfootball2
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
This game might last 1 hr. and 25 minutes at best, including halftime:D

Looking4number8
11-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
This game might last 1 hr. and 25 minutes at best, including halftime:D

No kidding, there might not be a single pass in this game...

mustang04
11-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
After much thought and deliberation...(well, not really that much), this Greenwood fan will be sitting on the Liberty Hill side.

I don't know a single player from the Sweetwater team and don't think I even know a single parent either.....I DO know LHPM, LHPD and the beast personally!!!! after all these years I am upset for once....sellout:( :(

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
after all these years I am upset for once....sellout:( :(

How am I selling out?? I am sitting with a good friend of mine that I hardly ever get to see....big deal!!

RedWhiteBlue
11-24-2008, 10:07 AM
I am rooting for our District sister :D in this one- but, from what I have heard.... LH may be too much for them. Good luck Mustangs!!:)

Lion_Addict
11-24-2008, 10:11 AM

I have been deliberating that...........Guess I'll go to the highest bidder!! :D

RedWhiteBlue
11-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I have been deliberating that...........Guess I'll go to the highest bidder!! :D
That ought to be one low bidding auction.... :inlove:

Runnin Panther
11-24-2008, 10:17 AM

Excellent news…I love it when we run up the purple!

Come on
11-24-2008, 10:20 AM

:2thumbsup

My purple will be looking RED! Go Stangs!

:cheerl:

Good you will be disapointed for the second time this year!!!

Lion_Addict
11-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
That ought to be one low bidding auction.... :inlove:

Thought that might pull you out.......WOMAN! :p

mustang04
11-24-2008, 10:23 AM
How am I selling out?? I am sitting with a good friend of mine that I hardly ever get to see....big deal!! so I guess I'll be on the sweetwater side all alone:weeping: :(

RedWhiteBlue
11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Thought that might pull you out.......WOMAN! :p
I couldn't resist!!!:kiss:

NastySlot
11-24-2008, 10:27 AM
DIVISION II SEMIFINALS
Midland Chr. (10-2) vs. TCA-Cedar Hill (11-1)
7:30 Saturday, Brownwood HS

I guess they really expect the sweetwater and liberty hill game to take about an hour and a half...if they scheduled this one right after it.

Lion_Addict
11-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
DIVISION II SEMIFINALS

I guess they really expect the sweetwater and liberty hill game to take about an hour and a half...if they scheduled this one right after it.

Kewl....hadn't heard about that yet.

OldBison75
11-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Every week the LH opponents post about the great LH offense. Yes, It is almost unstoppable when clicking. BUT, people overlook the defense because of the stats put up by the Offense. The Panther defense is one of the best in the state, especially against the run. They play great fundamental defense and tackle better than anyone. You hardly ever see a back get more than one yard after contact. They are quick, strong, and well disciplined. And, they will stick a helmet in your gut. This is a team that has won alot of games by scoring 35 or less and still wins by three or more touchdowns regularly.

I think the LH defense will be a surprise to Sweetwater, just like it was for Navasota about this time last year. They will outplay the Sweetwater offense with the strong front seven and dare you to throw against a secondary that gets little respect, but is very good at keeping the ball in front of them.

I won't be surprised to see Sweetwater held to under 200 yards of total offense.

LH 35
Sweetwater 14.

swstangs001
11-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Every week the LH opponents post about the great LH offense. Yes, It is almost unstoppable when clicking. BUT, people overlook the defense because of the stats put up by the Offense. The Panther defense is one of the best in the state, especially against the run. They play great fundamental defense and tackle better than anyone. You hardly ever see a back get more than one yard after contact. They are quick, strong, and well disciplined. And, they will stick a helmet in your gut. This is a team that has won alot of games by scoring 35 or less and still wins by three or more touchdowns regularly.

I think the LH defense will be a surprise to Sweetwater, just like it was for Navasota about this time last year. They will outplay the Sweetwater offense with the strong front seven and dare you to throw against a secondary that gets little respect, but is very good at keeping the ball in front of them.

I won't be surprised to see Sweetwater held to under 200 yards of total offense.

LH 35
Sweetwater 14.

everyone dares sweetwater to throw.....they just never do it

Super_R
11-24-2008, 10:50 AM

LH 35
Sweetwater 14.

The Panther D is for real. They have 4 shutouts this year.

They held Vernon to 168 yards of total offense...and half of that came in the 1st quarter. They are good at what they do.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
so I guess I'll be on the sweetwater side all alone:weeping: :(

You can come sit with me, I'm sure LHPM wouldn't mind!! :D

Runnin Panther
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM
The Panthers defense is very good. They are outstanding when it comes to run defense. You can’t win a championship without both side of the ball being really good. With the style of offense we run the amount of quick stops we get on defense makes a huge difference to our success. We often have possession of the ball for 8 minutes or so each series and combine that with one stop on defense and we’re out of the quarter. So far it has been unbeatable for 36 straight weeks I hope it continues.

Budman007
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Yawn.:sleeping:

swstangs001
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
The Panthers defense is very good. They are outstanding when it comes to run defense. You can’t win a championship without both side of the ball being really good. With the style of offense we run the amount of quick stops we get on defense makes a huge difference to our success. We often have possession of the ball for 8 minutes or so each series and combine that with one stop on defense and we’re out of the quarter. So far it has been unbeatable for 36 straight weeks I hope it continues.

sweetwater also has those long drives....so what a total of 4 drives a half?

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 11:37 AM

LH 35
Sweetwater 14.

I have not seen Sweetwater play but I do know they will have a problem running up the middle on this Panther defense...everyone does.

The 4 up front for LH have been turning things out all season long...the next level on defense is the LB's of Liberty Hill and I think they are among the best in the state led by Cody Lattimore...I also agree the secondary is underated and have not played their best game yet...I am thinking that will be next week against B-Port should both teams win this week.

If Sweetwater wants to have a chance to beat the Panthers they will need to take risks in all 3 phases of the game...

I have seen every Panther game this year while broadcasting for the Panthers on KMACsports.com and the one thing I have seen is the teams that take chances against Liberty Hill are the ones that go farthest...run blitzes, reverses, double reverses, WR passes, onside kicks....

You are going to have to open the playbook to be successful....hard to just line up and play smashmouth football against a team that wants you to do exactly that.

mustang04
11-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Hmmm I kinda like this idea

50 front
11-24-2008, 11:47 AM
After seeing both teams on tape and in person several times each, I really don't think Sweetwater has a prayer stopping LH. MCann is a good LB for Swater, but all the rest are too small to stop LH and their huge line.
Offensively, Swater is too plain. There is no misdirection, no trickery, just run or toss right at the defense and their line is not that good. Their center is good, but it stops there. #33 and #23 for Swater are fast and two of the best RB's LH has seen to date, but not enough.
LH-42
Sweetwater- 14

mustang68
11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by 50 front
After seeing both teams on tape and in person several times each, I really don't think Sweetwater has a prayer stopping LH. MCann is a good LB for Swater, but all the rest are too small to stop LH and their huge line.
Offensively, Swater is too plain. There is no misdirection, no trickery, just run or toss right at the defense and their line is not that good. Their center is good, but it stops there. #33 and #23 for Swater are fast and two of the best RB's LH has seen to date, but not enough.
LH-42
Sweetwater- 14

WOW:( :(
Thanks for the heads up.
Since it's going to be so cold this weekend, and we all have family coming in, lets just send yall the trophy no sence wasting our: time, effort, money, travel,etc:rolleyes:

Oh wait! Is that why we play the game?:thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
Thanks for the heads up.
Since it's going to be so cold this weekend, and we all have family coming in, lets just send yall the trophy no sence wasting our: time, effort, money, travel,etc:rolleyes:

Is it really supposed to be cold???

Runnin Panther
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
There is a reason that Sweetwater is 10-2, they are good. Sweetwater has the best 2 running backs LH has come up against this year. LH will have to bring their A game. There is no gimme’s from here on out.

swstangs001
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
There is a reason that Sweetwater is 10-2, they are good. Sweetwater has the best 2 running backs LH has come up against this year. LH will have to bring their A game. There is no gimme’s from here on out.

in the playoffs, a bye is the only gimme anyone can get

Looking4number8
11-24-2008, 12:33 PM
I just got word that my daughter (pictured below) does not have to go out of town with her mother for Thanksgiving. Therefore she will be the one running the replay board. I will sell her out and whoever is the highest bidder, gets the most replays. Also might just have her throw in a Sweetwater or LH sucks if the price is good enough... ;) ;) . Ahh.. just kidding about having any pull, but she is excited to get to work this game!

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 12:45 PM

Very good point...there are a LOT of teams out there wishing they where still playing.....but thet are looking at the brackets to see what game they want to go watch!!

Most of the LH posters are very confident in their team.......and that is very well deserved!!! You don't win 2 State Championships and be undefeated in the 3rd year with out earning it!

But, Sweetwater has a very good tradition.....we are never the biggest...fastest (ok maybe pretty close!)...or the strongest team out there...but this year thet do play as a team.

It will take a TEAM effort to beat LH...lets let them play the game on the field and not play it on stats etc...

Go get em boys and may the best team take home the ball!!!

50 front
11-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Oh wait! Is that why we play the game?:thinking: :thinking:

Ofcourse, I am new to this board, but I am pretty sure that my opinion is what this is here for...
That being said, I am sure LH does not need the stangs to forfeit to get the trophy!:kiss: :kiss:

swstangs001
11-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Ofcourse, I am new to this board, but I am pretty sure that my opinion is what this is here for...
That being said, I am sure LH does not need the stangs to forfeit to get the trophy!:kiss: :kiss:

just because liberty hill is the better team doesn't mean sweetwater is gonna go out there and lay down until the game is over

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
I understand the underdog role Mustangs. Good Luck to your team! :thumbsup:

GO PANTHERS!!!

50 front
11-24-2008, 12:57 PM
just because liberty hill is the better team doesn't mean sweetwater is gonna go out there and lay down until the game is over

Actually, you say that now, but that was exactly what some of the Vernon players did... they were hit so hard, so many times, several of them layed on the ground for extended amounts of time... they didn't want to line back up against LH.
I do not live in LH, just call it like I see it.

LH-49
Sweetwater-7

Lion_Addict
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I will sell her out and whoever is the highest bidder, gets the most replays. Also might just have her throw in a Sweetwater or LH sucks if the price is good enough... ;) ;) .

:clap: :clap: I like it!!

Anybody got the M&G figured out for this yet???

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
:clap: :clap: I like it!!

Anybody got the M&G figured out for this yet???

I have only been to the stadium in Brownwood once, and there was no M&G.....so, what IS a good place to meet??

Lion_Addict
11-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I have only been to the stadium in Brownwood once, and there was no M&G.....so, what IS a good place to meet??

We met in front of the tunnel below the "Tron" when we played Sweetwater.

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I have only been to the stadium in Brownwood once, and there was no M&G.....so, what IS a good place to meet?? Back behind the video/scoreboard....lots of room in that area and easy access to both sides!!

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 01:09 PM

Yea...like he said!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Back behind the video/scoreboard....lots of room in that area and easy access to both sides!!

Surely even I can find that!!:p

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Surely even I can find that!!:p

OK...I must admit something.....I went up and introduced myself to some guys hanging out near the Tron......and I said "Hey..I am GetRDone...and he said he name was Joe and he worked for B'Wood ISD!!!!The meet and greet was a little off to the side!!!

It was kinda funny.....the guy that worked at the stadium didn't have a clue!!!

But I bet we can all find each other!!:eek: :eek:

stangGirl2007
11-24-2008, 02:32 PM

I don't know a single player from the Sweetwater team and don't think I even know a single parent either.....I DO know LHPM, LHPD and the beast personally!!!!

And I was looking forward to getting to sit by you!!! Thanks....:( :(

clemsmarina
11-24-2008, 02:45 PM
So, how about some updates on what Sweetwater has on offense and defense.

Any two-way starters?
How are thier LB's?
Tandem backfield? I formation?

Do the RB's go down on initial contact? (sorry, couldn't resist Budman) :p

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
And I was looking forward to getting to sit by you!!! Thanks....:( :(

You can go visit "HER" on the OTHER side if you want....

Hey ...Kellye.......I thought you said the other night...you where going to sit on Sweetwater's....side???:thinking: :thinking:

Budman007
11-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
So, how about some updates on what Sweetwater has on offense and defense.

Any two-way starters?
How are thier LB's?
Tandem backfield? I formation?

Do the RB's go down on initial contact? (sorry, couldn't resist Budman) :p

Thanks for at least citing the proper source.:rolleyes:

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Actually, you say that now, but that was exactly what some of the Vernon players did... they were hit so hard, so many times, several of them layed on the ground for extended amounts of time... they didn't want to line back up against LH.
I do not live in LH, just call it like I see it.

LH-49
Sweetwater-7

I will say this....My hat is off to those players on the Vernon Lions...The Defensive players from Vernon that were stopping the runs from Liberty Hll were in the secondary...everyone who plays LH walks their safties and corners up closer and they are responsible for tackling more than they are used to....

and yes many of the Vernon Lions stayed down for a few extra seconds to catch their wind....you would too if an LH running back hits you full speed...

but do you know what I saw? I saw those Vernon players get up and put themselves in harms way again and again making tackles against bigger backs that have a full head of steam....

I don't think they gave up at all..they were not the best team on the field that day, but they didn't ever quit....

not to mention their scoring drive was one of the best scoring drives ANYONE has put on LH in the past 35 games of their winning streak!!!!!!

clemsmarina
11-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
I will say this....My hat is off to those players on the Vernon Lions...The Defensive players from Vernon that were stopping the runs from Liberty Hll were in the secondary...everyone who plays LH walks their safties and corners up closer and they are responsible for tackling more than they are used to....

and yes many of the Vernon Lions stayed down for a few extra seconds to catch their wind....you would too if an LH running back hits you full speed...

but do you know what I saw? I saw those Vernon players get up and put themselves in harms way again and again making tackles against bigger backs that have a full head of steam....

I don't think they gave up at all..they were not the best team on the field that day, but they didn't ever quit....

not to mention their scoring drive was one of the best scoring drives ANYONE has put on LH in the past 35 games of their winning streak!!!!!!

I would have to agree with everything you just said!!!
The Vernon LB's could learn a few things from #28. Not once did he ever ask to come out of the game or look at the sideline for help. Playing with a broken hand already, as apparent from the cast he was wearing, but that kid played one heck of a game for a sophomore!!!

#28 :clap:

stangGirl2007
11-24-2008, 04:11 PM

Shouldn't you be airing up basketballs or filling up bottles, water boy...

Thump,thump,thump....

Silverback 04
11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
I would have to agree with everything you just said!!!
The Vernon LB's could learn a few things from #28. Not once did he ever ask to come out of the game or look at the sideline for help. Playing with a broken hand already, as apparent from the cast he was wearing, but that kid played one heck of a game for a sophomore!!!

#28 :clap:

#28 should be given a medal for what he did against the Panthers. The kid must of had 30 tackles. Not once did he flinch to avoid contact. If not for that kid, this game would have been ugly because there were at least 10 times where he brought down #22 head on with no one behind him. Everytime he got flattened but managed to get the runner down. IMPRESSIVE!!

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
#28 should be given a medal for what he did against the Panthers. The kid must of had 30 tackles. Not once did he flinch to avoid contact. If not for that kid, this game would have been ugly because there were at least 10 times where he brought down #22 head on with no one behind him. Everytime he got flattened but managed to get the runner down. IMPRESSIVE!!

I knew I wasn't the only one who took notice of #28...

There were plays where #22 from LH hit that kid and drove him into the ground....and he layed there..slowly geting to his knees...then resting..then on his feet and then the ball would get snapped

BLAM!!!!!!!!! He would step into the hole again and repeat the cycle....

Vernon Lions #28 = WARRIOR!!!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Liberty Hill Rolls!

Daddy D 11
11-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Liberty Hill Rolls!

Oh we know, it's just going to be about 5 days until the wittle Mustangs find out:D

Super_R
11-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Oh we know, it's just going to be about 5 days until the wittle Mustangs find out:D

Hey...dress warm this time...act like you've been there before.

:rolleyes:

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 08:37 PM
HEMOTOXIC

Liberty Hill Rolls!

http://www.viperball.org/Images/nasty%20viper_logo%202.jpg

We know how to handle your type here!!!

http://www.kingsnake.com/roundup/skinning.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D

garciap77
11-24-2008, 10:07 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SWEETWATERMG-GORDONWOOD-1.jpg

garciap77
11-24-2008, 10:17 PM
We know how to handle your type here!!!

http://www.kingsnake.com/roundup/skinning.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/smiley1800x600-1.jpg

garciap77
11-24-2008, 10:19 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Baseball_Topper_Funny_Hat-1.jpg

;)

Mustangpride09
11-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Best run defense in the state versus the best rushing offense in the state. Should be exciting.

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Best run defense in the state versus the best rushing offense in the state. Should be exciting.

Liberty Hill hasn't seen any MLB that brings it like #24.:D

Come on
11-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Have another one of what ever your drinking for me! That was one of the Dumbest comments I have seen on here and believe me there have been a lot of dumb ones!

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2008, 10:55 PM

HE may not ge the Biggest..LB..they have seen.......but they will remeber his NUMBER!!!!

oh by the way....we just call him Rufus!!!

you will see it...he looks really good on purple!!

Come on
11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
HE may not ge the Biggest..LB..they have seen.......but they will remeber his NUMBER!!!!

you will see it...he looks really good on purple!! :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2008, 11:11 PM

you will see it...he looks really good on purple!!

And with all due respect to Vernon's #28...I'm sure he is a warrior,
in the same mold as Breckenridge's Blaine Vick. But, in four years
of watching Rufus play defense at the varsity level...I have never
seen him get up slowly or go to a knee to catch a breather. Not
even when he was sick as a dog against Breckenridge or after
he separated his shoulder against Snyder.

Come on
11-24-2008, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Silverback 04
11-24-2008, 11:39 PM

OK, Goob. First off #28 is a Sophomore safety playing with a cast which I suspect spells a broken arm and looked like he weighed about a buck 60! So, don't go comparing him to your stud MLB. Second, Vernons #28 has already proven himself as a warrior, I'll give you an honest assessment of Rufus on Saturday night after he has had a chance to prove himself.

swstangs001
11-25-2008, 01:17 AM
OK, Goob. First off #28 is a Sophomore safety playing with a cast which I suspect spells a broken arm and looked like he weighed about a buck 60! So, don't go comparing him to your stud MLB. Second, Vernons #28 has already proven himself as a warrior, I'll give you an honest assessment of Rufus on Saturday night after he has had a chance to prove himself.

i can tell you for a fact that the LH coaching staff will want to get a body on him every play

Keystonepride
11-25-2008, 01:43 AM
i can tell you for a fact that the LH coaching staff will want to get a body on him every play

They will

nobogey72
11-25-2008, 08:17 AM
I am definitely pulling for Sweetwater in this one, being a district rival and 35 miles apart, but I think that depth will be a huge factor in this one. Rufus is a helluva MLB and a helluva FB, but when a kid stays on the field most of the game, I don't care who you are, it takes a toll late in the game. Several of Sweetwater's best athletes need to be on the field the entire game and it is just tough to day these days. Also, (as STANG RED has been saying for years) Sweetwater's inability to stretch the field will be tough to overcome this week. BUT, even with those glaring areas of weakness, LH had better be ready. And I'm sure they are.

Super_R
11-25-2008, 08:54 AM

If #24 is as good as you say he is, we are in for a long night. After all...all it takes is a phenom LB to completely stop LH.

My new prediction is now...

Sweetwater 50 LH 3.:rolleyes:

STANG RED
11-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Come on
Have another one of what ever your drinking for me! That was one of the Dumbest comments I have seen on here and believe me there have been a lot of dumb ones!

Yeah, I've read some of your posts.
:doh:

clemsmarina
11-25-2008, 09:29 AM
So, does Rufus play both offense and defense the whole game?

How many two-way starters does Sweetwater have?

I asked these questions earllier, but apparently no one really knows...

clemsmarina
11-25-2008, 09:29 AM

Yep!!!

STANG RED
11-25-2008, 09:39 AM
So, does Rufus play both offense and defense the whole game?

How many two-way starters does Sweetwater have?

I asked these questions earllier, but apparently no one really knows...

Yeah Rufus seldom comes off the field. Heck he's even the punter. If he ever goes down, we'll be in big trouble.

I dont know how many two way players we have, but I know its several. Probably 4 or 5 maybe. Could even be more???

If our defense doesnt wear down too bad by the 4th quarter, we just might have a chance in this one. I know we cant afford any turnovers though, and that has been a problem all season.

Ranger Mom
11-25-2008, 09:44 AM
I am feeling really stupid right about now....but I don't remember #24....did he play against us?

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:48 AM
I am feeling really stupid right about now....but I don't remember #24....did he play against us?

Only on defense that night!

Super_R
11-25-2008, 09:59 AM
The more 2-way starters that Sweetwater has the worse their chance of winning is. LH will wear a 1-way starter down.

clemsmarina
11-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah Rufus seldom comes off the field. Heck he's even the punter. If he ever goes down, we'll be in big trouble.

I dont know how many two way players we have, but I know its several. Probably 4 or 5 maybe. Could even be more???

If our defense doesnt wear down too bad by the 4th quarter, we just might have a chance in this one. I know we cant afford any turnovers though, and that has been a problem all season.

Cool, thanks!!!

STANG RED
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Only on defense that night!

He actually carried the ball on the first play I believe, but not much after that. But he was in blocking much of the time.

Ranger Mom
11-25-2008, 10:34 AM
He actually carried the ball on the first play I believe, but not much after that. But he was in blocking much of the time.

That explains it then...I tend to focus on our offense when we are out there, and don't pay much attention to defensive players numbers.

I also got there late so I missed the first 4 minutes of the game.

I mainly remember #23 and #33.

Sweetwater Red
11-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd have to get a roster out to be accurate. But, here are the
two way starters I can think of off the top of my head.

#23 RB is also a LB.
#24 FB is also the MLB

I'm drawing a blank on Keifer's jersey # but he starts at TE and DE.

Can anyone else think of another two-way starter?:confused:

swstangs001
11-25-2008, 11:51 AM

#23 RB is also a LB.
#24 FB is also the MLB

Keifer is 19, and i think that is it. I know they will sometimes rotate some of the guys in on offense that start on defense.

swstangs001
11-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
If #24 is as good as you say he is, we are in for a long night. After all...all it takes is a phenom LB to completely stop LH.

what a noob:nerd:

Rocket
11-25-2008, 12:16 PM

Since this game is being played in my backyard, I am going to be there.

LH will kill Sweetwater. I want our District to do well, but I don't see Sweetwater stopping LH. LH should get more than enough stops to beat Sweetwater.

LHEx... you gonna show for the meet and greet this time?

Ranger Mom
11-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi Rocket!!!!:wave: :wave:

STANG RED
11-25-2008, 12:23 PM

#23 RB is also a LB.
#24 FB is also the MLB

Studdard starts both ways. But hes a WR on offense, so thats just pretty much a messenger boy job, then blocking a DB downfield. He does have to run on and off the field a bunch though. Oh yeah, and he's the kicker also. And I know hes on the kick return team to.

garciap77
11-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

LH will kill Sweetwater. I want our District to do well, but I don't see Sweetwater stopping LH. LH should get more than enough stops to beat Sweetwater.

Listen up Sweetwater fans!!!!!!! This is good that Rocket the Almighty has spoken. He is always right and his picks are right-on everytime!:rolleyes:

;)

Welcome back Rocket! Long time no see! Where the H$$$ have you been?

:clap: :clap: :clap:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/rockyRocket.jpg

Super_R
11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
what a noob:nerd:

Did you just zing me and I don't get it?

Super_R
11-25-2008, 01:06 PM
LH will kill Sweetwater.

Rocket you just upset me...you predicted 10 games this year about your hometown team...and were only right 3 times. That isn't a good percentage.

garciap77
11-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Rocket you just upset me...you predicted 10 games this year about your hometown team...and were only right 3 times. That isn't a good percentage.

That's good news for Sweetwater! So, according to Rocket, LH should only have a 30% of winning!:)

Super_R
11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
That's good news for Sweetwater! So, according to Rocket, LH should only have a 30% of winning!:)

That is exactly why I am upset. That and the fact that #24 is the real deal and we haven't seen anyone like him in the history of ever.

Sweetwater Red
11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
That is exactly why I am upset. That and the fact that #24 is the real deal and we haven't seen anyone like him in the history of ever.

Wow! A poster says that our #23 and our #33 will be the best
RB's that Liberty Hill will have seen all year and nobody says
anything.

A couple posters say we have a real good MLB too. Next thing
you know the smart asses come flying out from everywhere.:dispntd:

STANG RED
11-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Now that Rocket has picked LH to kill us, I am all of the sudden very encouraged about our chances.:D

mustang68
11-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey Guys,
Do a lot of these posters from lh remind you of anyone else we deal with?

As in 40 miles NW

Pride goes before the _ _ _ _!!!

firstcat
11-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Hey Guys,

As in 40 miles NW

ummmm......NO! You ain't seen nothing like us before....on or off the field!

Sweetwater Red
11-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Now that Rocket has picked LH to kill us, I am all of the sudden very encouraged about our chances.:D

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. I was going to pick LH by
10 on the Region I page. I might have to flip-flop that now.:D

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 02:05 PM

Glad your back Rocket but you need to keep that blaspheming to yourself.

mustang68
11-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by firstcat

You must really be bad as in not good.
I hope your players are as arrogant as the posters.
Tell your coach to practice for
Bridgeport this week since we obviously need to bow and scrape and be so thankful you have daned to even occupy the same field

Ranger Mom
11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Some of you people, that are obviously getting "upset," at some of the others posts are CRACKING ME UP!!!

clemsmarina
11-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Bridgeport this week since we obviously need to bow and scrape and be so thankful you have daned to even occupy the same field

Lighten up Frances!!!

Sweetwater Red
11-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Some of you people, that are obviously getting "upset," at some of the others posts are CRACKING ME UP!!!

Well some of us are trying to figure out where all this arrogance
is coming from with regards to some of the LH posters. I mean
when was the last time they won anything?:confused:

gibby
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by rangerfan2009
well if sweetwater shows up like they did against greenwood the first half then it will be a blow out.....which it is going to be anyways

I can't compare Greenwood to LH. They will need too have that offense show up and a def. that can adjust very quickly. It's alot to ask, but it's what's needed against a team that can read so well. This one will take heart and brains. GO STANGS

mustang04
11-25-2008, 03:13 PM
With the exception of a few LH posters...the rest just need to get over themselves.....:rolleyes:

I really don't think people understand the kind of character, determination, and the will it takes to carry on a tradition like sweetwater's whenever alot of players play both ways or receivers hustle time and time again without even having the hopes of getting passes, but instead provide outside blocking. One dimensional teams like sweetwater make up for what they lack in variety with pure toughness. It says a lot for Rufus to be able to ring bells while he is on D, only to carry much of the teams weight on offense as well. So Sweetwater, if ya'll lose, understand that yall arent the first or the last squad to play deep in the playoffs against teams with greater numbers, size, speed, and "more than one dimensional offenses"...but that it is the intangibles such as your courage to step on the field with what you have and playing with all you got!!!!

Go get 'em Stangs!:)

Stownhorse
11-25-2008, 03:23 PM
With the exception of a few LH posters...the rest just need to get over themselves.....:rolleyes:

I really don't think people understand the kind of character, determination, and the will it takes to carry on a tradition like sweetwater's whenever alot of players play both ways or receivers hustle time and time again without even having the hopes of getting passes, but instead provide outside blocking. One dimensional teams like sweetwater make up for what they lack in variety with pure toughness. It says a lot for Rufus to be able to ring bells while he is on D, only to carry much of the teams weight on offense as well. So Sweetwater, if ya'll lose, understand that yall arent the first or the last squad to play deep in the playoffs against teams with greater numbers, size, speed, and "more than one dimensional offenses"...but that it is the intangibles such as your courage to step on the field with what you have and playing with all you got!!!!

Go get 'em Stangs!:)

agreed

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 03:29 PM

Mustang68 don’t let firstcat get under your skin. When she sees a pot she can’t help herself, she has to stir it. All you got to do it start dishing some of it back out.

Ranger Mom
11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I am loving this!! I like both these teams....so seeing the back and forth is fun!!!!:D

Stownhorse
11-25-2008, 03:33 PM

You're retarded lol

firstcat
11-25-2008, 03:35 PM

Ouch, I must have made a direct hit....good, now I know who to pick on.
You call it arrogance, I call it confidence...Are you confident in your team?
Players and coaches have nothing to do with this board...and, well, it is Thanksgiving week, so I'm happy to have triggered that sentiment in you...you're welcome.:stirpot:

swstangs001
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM

that ain't no joke

Phantom Stang
Hey Guys,

As in 40 miles NW

I'm seeing a combination of unfounded cockiness, and smug matter of fact arrogance.:thinking:

It looks like Snyder and Celina had a baby and named it Liberty Hill!!:D

STANG RED
Players and coaches have nothing to do with this board...and, well, it is Thanksgiving week, so I'm happy to have triggered that sentiment in you...you're welcome.:stirpot:

Didnt you see where Rocket picked LH to kill Sweetwater?:confused: Dont you know thats the kiss of death for LH?:confused: You really need to keep up.:rolleyes: :D

firstcat
11-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Mustang68 don’t let firstcat get under your skin. When she sees a pot she can’t help herself, she has to stir it. All you got to do it start dishing some of it back out.

OK, if I must play nice...well, I've always liked Mustangs (real and motorized), and '68 was a great year....
;)

Ranger Mom
11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Didnt you see where Rocket picked LH to kill Sweetwater?:confused: Dont you know thats the kiss of death for LH?:confused: You really need to keep up.:rolleyes: :D

I looked back, and he was actually quite accurate on his picks, as long was they weren't playing Brownwood!! :D :D

firstcat
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I'm seeing a combination of unfounded cockiness, and smug matter of fact arrogance.:thinking:

You are never bound by your conditions,
you are bound by your thinking

:nerd:

STANG RED
11-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I looked back, and he was actually quite accurate on his picks, as long was they weren't playing Brownwood!! :D :D

Oh shut up RM. Your trying to steal my thunder here. Who pulled your chain anyway?:p

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Did someone say thunder as in PURPLE THUNDER. It's already building? Sweetness better watch out.

mustang68
11-25-2008, 03:50 PM

A direct hit of :nerd:
If it quacks like an arrogant duck
Really I thought for sure you had inside the huddle input.
We serve Crow chicken fried. Would you like fries with that?

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 03:51 PM

ok, that made me lol at work, now everyone is looking at me work.

firstcat
11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
A direct hit of :nerd:
If it quacks like an arrogant duck
Really I thought for sure you had inside the huddle input.
We serve Crow chicken fried. Would you like fries with that?

I wouldn't get your grease to boiling just yet...and I think you're being a little cocky telling me I'm going to be eating crow.
I can't believe the arrogance of some people!

mustang68
11-25-2008, 03:52 PM

Great line Stang:clap: :clap: :clap:

firstcat
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM

sounds like one mean cat!

Ranger Mom
11-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh shut up RM. Your trying to steal my thunder here. Who pulled your chain anyway?:p

What in the HECK else do I have to do for the rest of the season????:tongue: :tongue:

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't get your grease to boiling just yet...and I think you're being a little cocky telling me I'm going to be eating crow.
I can't believe the arrogance of some people! :spitlol: :spitlol:

Phantom Stang
11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
sounds like one mean cat!
Here he is!!

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/478/snagglepussyj9.jpg

firstcat
11-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Here he is!!

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/478/snagglepussyj9.jpg

Oh, how cute!!!!!!! I think he has Benny's eyes!:kiss:

solocam
11-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Cats win by 10

garciap77
11-25-2008, 04:46 PM

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Rocket! Stop using firstcat sign in!

:p

;)

garciap77
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Benny.jpg

Sorry I mean firstcat!

;)

Beast Fan
11-25-2008, 08:21 PM
My heart and head want to say LH, but my guts have to go with Sweetwater. Stats don't matter when you are up against a
team from the Almighty District 2. Everyone in the universe
has to of heard by now District 2 has the toughest football teams
ever assembled together in any classification.
I don't know how those poor boys from LH have the nerve
to get on the bus to Brownwood let alone step on the same
field with a dreaded District 2 team. May God have mercy on their
souls.

What's that?.......... LH is 2-0 against District 2 this year?.....LH has already beat the District 2 Champion and the greatest 3-7 team in the state ( excuse me the greatest 3-7 collection of individual talent in the state, maybe the history of football). Maybe they have a very slight chance after all.

Go Panthers!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
My heart and head want to say LH, but my guts have to go with Sweetwater. Stats don't matter when you are up against a
souls.

What's that?.......... LH is 2-0 against District 2 this year?.....LH has already beat the District 2 Champion and the greatest 3-7 team in the state ( excuse me the greatest 3-7 collection of individual talent in the state, maybe the history of football). Maybe they have a very slight chance after all.

Go Panthers!!!!!
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Very nice! Bravo! :clap: :clap: (Glad you made it home okay! :kiss: )

sinton66
11-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Well, you know what they say...."When you got it, FLAUNT it.":D

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:08 PM
souls.

Go Panthers!!!!!

Come on Rocket you got to do better than that!!!!!!!!!:D

;)

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Come on Rocket you got to do better than that!!!!!!!!!:D

;)
Not even close!!!

wimbo_pro
11-25-2008, 09:17 PM

Atta Boy, Panther_Rocket!!!

wimbo_pro
11-25-2008, 09:18 PM

You're just naughty...there's no other word for it.

DaHop72
11-25-2008, 09:23 PM

It looks like Snyder and Celina had a baby and named it Liberty Hill!!:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Not even close!!!

I know, but had to try!:D

;)

garciap77
11-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Atta Boy, Panther_Rocket!!!

:thinking:

;)

Come on
11-25-2008, 09:47 PM

Im sure he is a good ball player but Im gunna just go out on a limb and say he won't be quiet Good enough, but Not many have been!

Keystonepride
11-25-2008, 09:49 PM

LH has already beat the greatest 3-7 team in the state ( excuse me the greatest 3-7 collection of individual talent in the state, maybe the history of football).

Go Panthers!!!!!

Did Brownwood leave their entire season on the field that night in Liberty Hill? Did they exhaust every last breath and muster a seasons worth of efforts in their defeat at the hands of the Panthers?

I think yes. I think that team did EVERYTHING you need to do to beat LH.....they just came up one score short....

I am pretty sure part of the reason they are 3-7 is because of that loss....my hat is off to them...it was one hell of a ballgame...and they are without a doubt the best 3-7 team I have ever seen.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes I agree Brownwood was very good this year. Just goes to show you they had a very tough schedule. By far the best Offense I witnessed this year.

I think LH is obviously the favorite in this game but Sweetwater is absolutely good enough to pull out an upset. Don't do it very often but I'll be rootin for the stangs and Dawgs this week. Gotta stay in my own district as long as they hang in there.

LH by 7. :crazy1:

mustang68
11-25-2008, 10:25 PM
LH Panther Mom
Great writeup on the game on the Region 1 site. Thanks
Should prove to be a great ole style football game

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2008, 10:39 PM
LH Panther Mom
Great writeup on the game on the Region 1 site. Thanks
Should prove to be a great ole style football game
Thanks! :)

wimbo_pro
11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
OK...here's my thoughts on this game....

Up till now, I have said "LH will eventually lose a game...but it wont be this week"...I dont have the level of confidence to say this like I did the previous weeks.

I am still predicting a LH win, so don't think I have "turned" on them. I still think/hope/look forward to a LH-WOS final....but this is the time of year that the teams get closer and closer in talent and capabilities. LH has shown (more than a couple of times this year) that they are vunerable to certain attacks...though they have always found a way to overcome and post a win, which is why I still am predicting a victory for them.

This is what I am trying to say...if LH stumbles or gets sloppy on D or puts the ball on the carpet, a team like Sweetwater (and others of this caliber) will make them pay. Last year, I dont think there was a team that could hang with LH, even when LH made mistakes. This year? Not the case...make mistakes like they did against Brownwood, Burnet, Llano...and its very possible they will lose. So, I predict a relatively close game, a game not decided until late in the 4th quarter. LH victory, 42-38.

garciap77
11-25-2008, 11:04 PM

Up till now, I have said "LH will eventually lose a game...but it wont be this week"...I dont have the level of confidence to say this like I did the previous weeks.

I am still predicting a LH win, so don't think I have "turned" on them. I still think/hope/look forward to a LH-WOS final....but this is the time of year that the teams get closer and closer in talent and capabilities. LH has shown (more than a couple of times this year) that they are vunerable to certain attacks...though they have always found a way to overcome and post a win, which is why I still am predicting a victory for them.

This is what I am trying to say...if LH stumbles or gets sloppy on D or puts the ball on the carpet, a team like Sweetwater (and others of this caliber) will make them pay. Last year, I dont think there was a team that could hang with LH, even when LH made mistakes. This year? Not the case...make mistakes like they did against Brownwood, Burnet, Llano...and its very possible they will lose. So, I predict a relatively close game, a game not decided until late in the 4th quarter. LH victory, 42-38.

Good Post!

Come on
11-25-2008, 11:55 PM

42 part is right, but I will say they won't give up more than 14.

Keystonepride
11-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Yes I agree Brownwood was very good this year. Just goes to show you they had a very tough schedule. By far the best Offense I witnessed this year.

:crazy1:

check out the forum....The Massey Ratings have Brownwood's Offense ranked #1 in the State of Texas....

Let me know the next time a 3-7 team has the best Offense in the state...it might be awhile

Daddy D 11
11-26-2008, 12:20 AM

I don't think LH will reach 42. Only because Sweetwater runs a clock controlled offense too. Points won't be flying onto the scoreboard in this one. But I do think Sweetwater will score 3 TD's. Too bad LH will score 5:devil:

Rufus McCann....Meet Cody Lattimore:evillol:

STANG RED
11-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Did Brownwood leave their entire season on the field that night in Liberty Hill? Did they exhaust every last breath and muster a seasons worth of efforts in their defeat at the hands of the Panthers?

I think yes. I think that team did EVERYTHING you need to do to beat LH.....they just came up one score short....

I am pretty sure part of the reason they are 3-7 is because of that loss....my hat is off to them...it was one hell of a ballgame...and they are without a doubt the best 3-7 team I have ever seen.

No, actually they were 3-7 because they had the worst defense in the state. If they would have just had a decent defense at all, they may have gone undefeated, and still be playing. I have a feeling they'll put a lot more focus on the defense next season.

Keystonepride
11-26-2008, 12:53 AM
No, actually they were 3-7 because they had the worst defense in the state. If they would have just had a decent defense at all, they may have gone undefeated, and still be playing. I have a feeling they'll put a lot more focus on the defense next season.

If you read the firs part of my original post, what I am getting at is tht defense gave up 56 points that night and almost won that game....I think their season went downhill after that...and they never recovered

but you are right about the D, if they had a better one they would still be playing.....(unless they played LH in the first or 2nd round)

Stownhorse
11-26-2008, 01:28 AM

You must be on some sort or illegal drugs.

Beast Fan
11-26-2008, 03:16 AM
:

They did have a great offense and a boatload
of talent. I am not arguing that.
TEAMS.......
Football TEAMS.......
Get it?
TEAMS associated with greatness don't find a way to lose 70% of their games.

prettyNpurple
11-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Confident=Arrogant
Undefeated=Lucky
District 2=God's Chosen
LH= Celina/Snyder Love child
Mustang68 and Phantom Stang = Dilusional....

am I all caught up?

STANG RED
11-26-2008, 09:39 AM
I don’t see this being a high scoring game as some have suggested. Two very solid defenses going up against two ball control, grind it out ground games just doesn’t sound like a potential high scoring game to me.
I think the last team to score wins, and I don’t see it being more than 24 by either team. Unless special teams and the defenses get in on the scoring. Then all bets are off.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I don’t see this being a high scoring game as some have suggested. Two very solid defenses going up against two ball control, grind it out ground games just doesn’t sound like a potential high scoring game to me.
I think the last team to score wins, and I don’t see it being more than 24 by either team. Unless special teams and the defenses get in on the scoring. Then all bets are off.

One thing that is going to hurt Sweetwater is turnovers. Very prone to fumbles and I believe it will hurt you in this game.

Keystonepride
11-26-2008, 10:17 AM
:

They did have a great offense and a boatload
of talent. I am not arguing that.
TEAMS.......
Football TEAMS.......
Get it?
TEAMS associated with greatness don't find a way to lose 70% of their games.

Oh right....the Baltimore Ravens won their Superbowl on the arm of Trent Dilfer.....

oh wait....their offense SUCKED......but their defense took care of business..we all know who the best players on that TEAM were...

If you could have a tournament of all the 3-7 high school football teams in the COUNTRY..I would bet that Brownwood would win that championship.....HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

SWMustang
11-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh right....the Baltimore Ravens won their Superbowl on the arm of Trent Dilfer.....

oh wait....their offense SUCKED......but their defense took care of business..we all know who the best players on that TEAM were...

If you could have a tournament of all the 3-7 high school football teams in the COUNTRY..I would bet that Brownwood would win that championship.....HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Brownwood - the best 3-7 team in the state!:D

Lion_Addict
11-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Brownwood - the best 3-7 team in the state!:D

Alas.....Once again, a thread that turns into talking about Brownwood even after we're long gone. Ha Ha Ha!!! I absolutely love it! We feel the love :inlove:

STANG RED
11-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
One thing that is going to hurt Sweetwater is turnovers. Very prone to fumbles and I believe it will hurt you in this game.

As much as I'd love to, I cant argue with that. It has certainly been a problem all season. That and silly penalties that have put us in too many long yardage situations has cost us. We have to avoid both of these to stand a chance of winning this one.

clemsmarina
11-26-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't think LH will reach 42. Only because Sweetwater runs a clock controlled offense too. Points won't be flying onto the scoreboard in this one. But I do think Sweetwater will score 3 TD's. Too bad LH will score 5:devil:

Rufus McCann....Meet Cody Lattimore:evillol:

LH 35 Sweetwater 7, maybe 14.

Rufus will also be meeting quite a few of the Panther offensive linemen Saturday, and it should be similar to Dexter Pratt last year if he plays both ways the whole game.

Stangster
11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I believe turnovers are going to be the key to this game (especially for Sweetwater). The Mustangs have struggled with this all season, I hope they have overcome this weakness (only time will tell).
Sweetwater's defense must step up for this one, I believe Coach Jackson will have a good game plan for this side of the ball. He usually does and if the Mustangs can execute it will be something to behold.
It's the offensive game plan that worries me. We are not difficult to prepare for offensively (there are few surprises). I think that's why Abilene Wylie manages to beat us year after year (good coaches making good preparation) We have a good running offense, but at this level, I worry we just don't have the size to force the run against a stacked box (i.e. Abilene Wylie). I hope we have a game plan with a little variety. I do believe you must "dance with the one that brung ya" and not try to develop an overnight passing game (i.e. Vernon), but maybe enough short passing to keep the LBs honest. I am hoping for something new, because straight-up football will require Sweetwater to play mistake-free football and they will also probably need to catch a few breaks. I have my fingers crossed on this one!

Go Mustangs!

95mustang
11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
DIVISION II SEMIFINALS

This game is Friday night at 7:30

firstcat
11-26-2008, 12:06 PM
I won't be around a computer for the next few days, so I hope all of you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving.

Sweetwater and LH fans, travel safely, and we'll see you in Brownwood!

Smack-talkin's done, God bless and GO PANTHERS!!!!!

Lion_Addict
11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Alright dag gum it! I still ain't got no invitations to sit with anybody :( . I see how it is now :p .

Looking4#8........which side you sitting on?

wimbo_pro
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
I won't be around a computer for the next few days, so I hope all of you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving.

Sweetwater and LH fans, travel safely, and we'll see you in Brownwood!

Smack-talkin's done, God bless and GO PANTHERS!!!!!

Have a good one, FirstCat!!!!

Ranger Mom
Alright dag gum it! I still ain't got no invitations to sit with anybody :( . I see how it is now :p .

You can sit with me, LHPM and stanggirl2007 if you want!!!:D :D

Liberty Hill, Greenwood and Sweetwater right there together, might as well have Brownwood too!!:p

Looking4number8

Sweetwater of course, gotta support my District 2 fellows. As long as they are playing, I will be cheering for them. Lion King will be with me and you are welcome to set with us wearing your "dark red"as long as you dont bring that rotten kid of yours...:D

Nothing against LH, love them too! I just have to support our guys (just like LHPM did hers during the Volleyball tournament)

Runnin Panther
11-26-2008, 12:15 PM
LH 35 Sweetwater 7, maybe 14.

Rufus will also be meeting quite a few of the Panther offensive linemen Saturday, and it should be similar to Dexter Pratt last year if he plays both ways the whole game.

Ditto that:clap:

Runnin Panther
11-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by prettyNpurple
Confident=Arrogant
Undefeated=Lucky
District 2=God's Chosen

am I all caught up?

You have been keeping up.:clap: And that Celina/Snyder lover child keeps getting bigger, stronger and more beautiful everyday. I’m beaming with pride. You have been keeping up. And that Celina/Snyder lover child keeps getting bigger, stronger and more beautiful everyday. I’m beaming with pride. :inlove:

mustang68
11-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Confident=Arrogant
Undefeated=Lucky
District 2=God's Chosen

am I all caught up?

First welcome to the Downlow always nice to have new voices and thoughts on the site

Should leave it alone; but if you know me, you know that's impossible.

Arrogant adj. (ME & OFr) self importance; overbearing; haughty

"really don't think Sweetwater has a prayer stopping LH."

"they were hit so hard, so many times, several of them layed on the ground for extended amounts of time... they didn't want to line back up against LH."

"Have another one of what ever your drinking for me! That was one of the Dumbest comments I have seen on here and believe me there have been a lot of dumb ones!"

"ummmm......NO! You ain't seen nothing like us before....on or off the field!"

"Well, you know what they say...."When you got it, FLAUNT it."

2. Unless I have forgotten how to read no where has anyone (on this thread) said anything about the quality of play by LH, and saying anything about them being lucky. Lh is a quality team with a terrific record. IMHO luck has more to do with being able to stay healty throughout the season.

3.God's chosen, maybe. Here again, those are your words not ours. We do however live in God's country, thanks for noticing.

4.LH= Love Child - You have about four years of reading and catching up to fully understand this one

5. Dilusional couldn't find definition
If you meant Delusional adj. (ME) false belief or opinion then I guess I am guilty, but how you could ascertain this from my posts is puzzeling.
Let me explain for you why I am delusional.

I have been around MUSTANG football and Sweetwater for 55 years (that I remember). I followed an agonizing and exillerating season in '57 as well as the spectacular season in '85, not to mention being in the playoffs since 1927 with 44 wins in the playoffs along the way.
Along the way we have faced every storied team in the State of Texas, from Amarillo to Abilene to Breckenridge to Brownwood, ad the list goes on. Go read football history and tell me ""ummmm......NO! You ain't seen nothing like us before....on or off the field!"
We will enter this game in our 99th season playing our 1000th game with a team picked to finish 5th in arguably the toughest district in 3A. Many people (being realistic) around here saw a 5-5 season in our future when these boys started playing in August. Only one small problem, we failed to factor in the hearts of these young men and the tradition which they have renewed for us.
I know these young men personally and have watched them play week after week with no arrogance or swagger, which normally accompanies winning. I have watched them play hurt and undergunned all season. They are a group of no names, no D-1's, playing together as a team that stretches back 99 years and 999 games. One of our young men is a 4th generation MUSTANG.
I fully understand the difference between arrogance and pride in a program. LH should be proud of their 6 winning seasons, and their past two championships, and possibly a third.

(Now here comes the part where I should just keep my mouth shut, and if you will notice I have been on the Downlow since 2003 and this will be my 400th odd post, and normally do.)

NO never mind I will remain above the frey. I will treat you (some and only some of the posters for LH) as if you do not exist in my (dilusional, sic.) universe.
To the players of LH
Best of luck, stay healthy,and may you remember with pride what you have accomplished. Leave it all on the field because win, lose, or draw it is all too fleeting, but years from now, God willing, you can return to your alma mater holding your head high as a more productive person because of the lessons learned.

Good luck (my definition) to both teams

Looking4number8
11-26-2008, 12:25 PM
You have been keeping up.:clap: And that Celina/Snyder lover child keeps getting bigger, stronger and more beautiful everyday. I’m beaming with pride. You have been keeping up. And that Celina/Snyder lover child keeps getting bigger, stronger and more beautiful everyday. I’m beaming with pride. :inlove:

I've been keeping up too. I've been keeping up too.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Is there an echo in here??:confused: :p

Budman007
11-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Bridgeport's Budman says: May the football gods smile on Sweetwater on this 1000th game anniversary!:)

firstcat
11-26-2008, 12:32 PM

You can sit with us! Just look in the middle of the loud crowd for the guy with the purple hair!

Stangster
11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
First welcome to the Downlow always nice to have new voices and thoughts on the site

"they were hit so hard, so many times, several of them layed on the ground for extended amounts of time... they didn't want to line back up against LH."

"Have another one of what ever your drinking for me! That was one of the Dumbest comments I have seen on here and believe me there have been a lot of dumb ones!"

2. Unless I have forgotten how to read no where has anyone (on this thread) said anything about the quality of play by LH, and saying anything about them being lucky. Lh is a quality team with a terrific record. IMHO luck has more to do with being able to stay healty throughout the season.

3.God's chosen, maybe. Here again, those are your words not ours. We do however live in God's country, thanks for noticing.

4.LH= Love Child - You have about four years of reading and catching up to fully understand this one

If you meant Delusional adj. (ME) false belief or opinion then I guess I am guilty, but how you could ascertain this from my posts is puzzeling.

I have been around MUSTANG football and Sweetwater for 55 years (that I remember). I followed an agonizing and exillerating season in '57 as well as the spectacular season in '85, not to mention being in the playoffs since 1927 with 44 wins in the playoffs along the way.
Along the way we have faced every storied team in the State of Texas, from Amarillo to Abilene to Breckenridge to Brownwood, ad the list goes on. Go read football history and tell me ""ummmm......NO! You ain't seen nothing like us before....on or off the field!"
We will enter this game in our 99th season playing our 1000th game with a team picked to finish 5th in arguably the toughest district in 3A. Many people (being realistic) around here saw a 5-5 season in our future when these boys started playing in August. Only one small problem, we failed to factor in the hearts of these young men and the tradition which they have renewed for us.
I know these young men personally and have watched them play week after week with no arrogance or swagger, which normally accompanies winning. I have watched them play hurt and undergunned all season. They are a group of no names, no D-1's, playing together as a team that stretches back 99 years and 999 games. One of our young men is a 4th generation MUSTANG.
I fully understand the difference between arrogance and pride in a program. LH should be proud of their 6 winning seasons, and their past two championships, and possibly a third.

(Now here comes the part where I should just keep my mouth shut, and if you will notice I have been on the Downlow since 2003 and this will be my 400th odd post, and normally do.)

NO never mind I will remain above the frey. I will treat you (some and only some of the posters for LH) as if you do not exist in my (dilusional, sic.) universe.
To the players of LH
Best of luck, stay healthy,and may you remember with pride what you have accomplished. Leave it all on the field because win, lose, or draw it is all too fleeting, but years from now, God willing, you can return to your alma mater holding your head high as a more productive person because of the lessons learned.

excellent post! :clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
You can sit with us! Just look in the middle of the loud crowd for the guy with the purple hair!

FirstCat is a guy?????????????

garciap77
11-26-2008, 12:39 PM

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/westlhmgtd61.jpg
LHPM, catdaddy, trojan37 & firstcat

;)

prettyNpurple
11-26-2008, 12:42 PM

To the players of LH

Wow...I was just kidding, so maybe I need to re-read some of the thread to see where all this is coming from! Seriously, Mustang68, we are all proud of our teams, and yours sounds like one to be just as proud of as mine.
We also have a reputation of playing bigger and faster teams, and for winning because of our tireless effort and having a big heart. Another reputation we have is being classy as fans and players. The back-n-forth on here is just for fun to pass a long and dragging week between games.

I am proud to be a panther! Happy thanksgiving, and hopefully we'll be able to save you a seat next to us when we play Bridgeport or Monahans! ;)

Stangster
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM

Compared to you, I'm a motor mouth!

prettyNpurple
11-26-2008, 12:44 PM
FirstCat is a guy?????????????

Nope, but she'll be sitting by the purple haired guy she's married to!

garciap77
11-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow...I was just kidding, so maybe I need to re-read some of the thread to see where all this is coming from! Seriously, Mustang68, we are all proud of our teams, and yours sounds like one to be just as proud of as mine.
We also have a reputation of playing bigger and faster teams, and for winning because of our tireless effort and having a big heart. Another reputation we have is being classy as fans and players. The back-n-forth on here is just for fun to pass a long and dragging week between games.

I am proud to be a panther! Happy thanksgiving, and hopefully we'll be able to save you a seat next to us when we play Bridgeport or Monahans! ;)

:2thumbsup Rocket!

:p

;)

garciap77
11-26-2008, 12:59 PM

To the players of LH

wimbo_pro
11-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Nope, but she'll be sitting by the purple haired guy she's married to!

SHE'S MARRIED???? OMG!!! I SWEAR, I DIDNT KNOW!!!!!

Super_R
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow! A poster says that our #23 and our #33 will be the best
RB's that Liberty Hill will have seen all year and nobody says
anything.

A couple posters say we have a real good MLB too. Next thing
you know the smart asses come flying out from everywhere.:dispntd:

I can fly from anywhere...afterall I am Super_R.

I think I made a direct hit! Everytime I read some of the handles from the Sweetwater team and I see Sweet at the beginning of it I imagine them as women. Then I see how fast they get fired up and it confirmes my 1st impression. Ladies calm down. Your sons will live to fight another day...it will have to be playing basketball though.

This has been quite a post happy 24 hours. Left town yesterday about this time and now there are some 100+ more posts.

I enjoy a good battle...and I am looking forward to one on Saturday.

Blue 200!

garciap77
11-26-2008, 01:22 PM
SHE'S MARRIED???? OMG!!! I SWEAR, I DIDNT KNOW!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Happy Thanksgiving! wimbo_pro!!!!!!!!!!

BullsFan
11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Everytime I read some of the handles from the Sweetwater team and I see Sweet at the beginning of it I imagine them as women. Then I see how fast they get fired up and it confirmes my 1st impression. Ladies calm down.

I have no side in this thread, but I have been (sorta) following along, and I just gotta say....you're an awfully brave fella to post that. Either that or you're absolutely nuts.

Lion_Addict
11-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Is there an echo in here??:confused: :p

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
I caught it.....good :D

Lion_Addict
11-26-2008, 01:32 PM

Appreciate it :) . He's sitting with the RED peeps.

garciap77
11-26-2008, 01:42 PM
I can fly from anywhere...afterall I am Super_R.

I think I made a direct hit! Everytime I read some of the handles from the Sweetwater team and I see Sweet at the beginning of it I imagine them as women. Then I see how fast they get fired up and it confirmes my 1st impression. Ladies calm down. Your sons will live to fight another day...it will have to be playing basketball though.

This has been quite a post happy 24 hours. Left town yesterday about this time and now there are some 100+ more posts.

I enjoy a good battle...and I am looking forward to one on Saturday.

Blue 200!

You Go Super_R!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SuperR2-1.jpg

BwdLion_80
11-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Sweetwater of course, gotta support my District 2 fellows. As long as they are playing, I will be cheering for them. Lion King will be with me and you are welcome to set with us wearing your "dark red"as long as you dont bring that rotten kid of yours...:D

Nothing against LH, love them too! I just have to support our guys (just like LHPM did hers during the Volleyball tournament)

You could always try sitting in the middle! That is where I will be!

Lion_Addict
11-26-2008, 01:59 PM
You can sit with me, LHPM and stanggirl2007 if you want!!!:D :D

Liberty Hill, Greenwood and Sweetwater right there together, might as well have Brownwood too!!:p

Thanks RM........you know with all the LHPM bell stories I would have to sit at least 2 down from her, Heh Heh! :D

garciap77
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Did someone say thunder as in PURPLE THUNDER. It's already building? Sweetness better watch out.

What you hear is the Mustangs stealing your "PURPLE THUNDER". Kitty cats you better watch out!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/MustangLightning1.jpg

;)

Looking4number8
11-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80

Let me know where.. thats sounds good

Lion_Addict
11-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80

Bleachers in the back of the endzone like the Permian game last year? :thinking: