11-22-2008, 11:09 PM
OU loses to OSU

TTech goes to Big 12...but Texas will be higher ranked

bobcat1
11-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Fine by me. We beat Texas.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Crazier would be Florida losing to FSU, but beating Alabama and having OU and Texas win out and finish 1-2 in the BCS.

eagles_victory
11-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Fine by me. We beat Texas. After tonight Baylor might be a tough game.

bobcat1
11-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
After tonight Baylor might be a tough game. I know Right.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
After tonight Baylor might be a tough game.

I already thought it could be a speed bump

Eagle 1
11-22-2008, 11:36 PM
The craziest would be:
UT losses to A&M
OU losses to OK state

Either one possible.

bobcat1
11-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
The craziest would be:
UT losses to A&M
OU losses to OK state

Either one possible. Or everybody wins out and Mack cries. LMAO!

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Or everybody wins out and Mack cries. LMAO!

why would he cry? Texas would be in a BCS bowl

wildstangs
11-22-2008, 11:40 PM

No need to. Mack's team hasn't lost by 52 this year. :)

bobcat1
11-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
No need to. Mack's team hasn't lost by 52 this year. :) You are right, but he will not play for a championship this year.

Eagle 1
11-22-2008, 11:42 PM
You are right, but he will not play for a championship this year.

Which is why he will be :(

bobcat1
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: night all!

Eagle 1
11-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I already thought it could be a speed bump

Nah....just like after Texas lost to Tech, poor Baylor took the punch the next week.
Again Baylor will take the punch next week in Lubbock.

bigYoe
11-22-2008, 11:56 PM

Neither will Leach, if im not mistaking Texas is a championship caliber team year in and year out and Tech has played 3 of their biggest games in their history THIS YEAR. Sounds like to me Tech's team is a one hit wonder this year that just got their butts WHOOPED by OU. Tech beat Texas IN LUBBOCK and whith Tech's crazy ass fans i wouldnt be suprised if the Refs got threats before the game. Hook em Baby

Panther One
11-23-2008, 12:10 AM
The craziest would be:
UT losses to A&M
OU losses to OK state

Either one possible.
McGee is 2-1 vs Texas with his one loss being a pretty good performance in UT's title season. If he can play without running the risk of re-injuring his shoulder and gets the start, give the Aggies a 30% chance of winning. Otherwise, Texas should win pretty easily.

OU losing in Stillwater is more likely, although the way OU is playing right now, I'm not sure anyone in the country could beat them. That offense is going to be hard to stop. I think the only team that can beat OU right now is OU.

TheDOCTORdre
11-23-2008, 12:12 AM
How bout if
OU loses to OSU
UT loses to A&M
Florida loses to FSU
Alabama loses to Florida
USC loses to Notre Dame
all of a suddens we could have a Penn State/Utah BCS NC game

bigYoe
11-23-2008, 12:14 AM
VERY UNLIKELY, BUT YEAT POSSIBLE

OldBison75
11-23-2008, 01:22 AM
The fact of the matter is that this weeks BCS Poll will likely be the deciding factor in the winner of the Big 12 South. I believe that despite the big games that are bitter rivalries next week, Texas and Oklahomo will both win. That leaves the highest ranked BCS team the south division champion.

How far does Tech fall, does Texas stay ahead of Oklahomom since they beat them, or does Oklahomo jump ahead of Texas because of this impressive win.

I never try to outguess the BCS polls, because the system is so screwy. I will say that both Texas and Oklahomo have a valid argument for being the higher ranked. I count out TT because they only beat Texas by 1 at home and got slaughtered by OK. Texas beat OU convincingly at a nuetral site.

bobcat1
11-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Texas needs to prepare to :bigcry: Here ya go
http://www.mgbowling.com/images/products/322.jpg

3afan
11-23-2008, 07:59 AM

if Mack "cries" he's only doing his job, campaigning for his team, just as all coaches should

bobcat1
11-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
if Mack "cries" he's only doing his job, campaigning for his team, just as all coaches should You're right but it is fun making light of it ;) .

Pick6
11-23-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm sure Leach will be crying to get TT in a BCS game.

bigYoe
11-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Just think we were ONE second away from never even talking about this. Had Gideon intercepted the ball late and if they would have stopped Crabtree with that ONE second to go these conversations wouldnt even be happening and Tech would be just regular OL' Tech. Texas and OU both have a chance at both titles now and from here out i do believe its all about style points and pulling off the last tough wins.

Emerson1
11-23-2008, 10:38 AM
I love how it went from Tech praising back to Texas bashing now that Tech choked away their one chance to ever win a championship

Lion_Addict
11-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I love how it went from Tech praising back to Texas bashing no that Tech choked away their one chance to ever win a championship

OUCH!! :clap: :D

Eagle 1
11-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I love how it went from Tech praising back to Texas bashing now that Tech choked away their one chance to ever win a championship

You should know about choking, after all Colt McCoy vs A&M = choke.

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2008, 07:27 PM

+1

Astrosdawg07
11-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
OU loses to OSU

TTech goes to Big 12...but Texas will be higher ranked

Thats the best case scenario for Texas now. Mizzou is a great team and can be anyone. Yes Texas did beat them but that was in Austin, the Big 12 championship is in KC. Texas would love to just sit back and watch everything unfold as they prepare for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

DDBooger
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
You should know about choking, after all Colt McCoy vs A&M = choke. not a 44pt choke:dispntd:

Eagle 1
11-23-2008, 07:38 PM
I wonder how Texas would have faired if they ever had to play in Norman?
Of course that wont happen because both schools are scared not to play this game at a neutral site.

buff4life
11-23-2008, 07:42 PM
No need to. Mack's team hasn't lost by 52 this year. :)

lmao...

buff4life
11-23-2008, 07:44 PM

considering we were never in line for a national championship game then...

but we still didn't get blown out by 40+

offense shuts em up
defense shuts em out...

haha lol

c-town_balla
11-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I wonder how Texas would have faired if they ever had to play in Norman?
Of course that wont happen because both schools are scared not to play this game at a neutral site.

Do you really think that the reason they play in Dallas is because both teams are scared?

buff4life
11-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Do you really think that the reason they play in Dallas is because both teams are scared?

i would assume its because its two nationall established and respected programs...just like some other teams want to be

Eagle 1
11-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Yep.
Its probably more of a mutal agreement in more ways than one.

Emerson1
11-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Thank you for proving my point.

JasperDog94
11-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Do you really think that the reason they play in Dallas is because both teams are scared? Yeah, cause we all know it can't be the major bucks it brings into the coffers of each school.;)

JasperDog94
11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Thats the best case scenario for Texas now. Mizzou is a great team and can be anyone. Yes Texas did beat them but that was in Austin, the Big 12 championship is in KC. Texas would love to just sit back and watch everything unfold as they prepare for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! Yeah. If OU somehow loses to OSU, then Tech goes to the Big XII Championship Game, but Texas would probably end up in the National Championship Game.

Can anyone say playoffs?:nerd:

c-town_balla
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
OR it has something to do with tradition.

Ya know like throwing tortillas

augie97
11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I learned something today in College football that would never happen in high school football, that winning and losing mean absolutely nothing, it's how you look when you win or lose and at what time of year. What a said state of affairs are sports society is in when we have the BCS to determine the second most popular sporting event in the country. Every other college and professional sport has a playoff. Now that I have that off my chest, Hook'em Horns!

GreenMachine
11-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I like seeing teams from the state of Texas in the BCS championship game, but OU and Florida are clearly the two best teams.

bobcat1
11-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Just think we were ONE second away from never even talking about this. Had Gideon intercepted the ball late and if they would have stopped Crabtree with that ONE second to go these conversations wouldnt even be happening and Tech would be just regular OL' Tech. Texas and OU both have a chance at both titles now and from here out i do believe its all about style points and pulling off the last tough wins. If Grandmother had other parts she would be grandfather.

bobcat1
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I like seeing teams from the state of Texas in the BCS championship game, but OU and Florida are clearly the two best teams. Agreed. At this point in time if OU and Texas play, it is a blowout by OU over Texas. Why? Because of the way the 2 teams are playing. Texas would be humiliated against Florida in a NC game. They can't hang. They could not hang with Tech what 3 weeks ago. Oklahoma has peaked at the right time it seems. Good luck to the team that beat Tech, OU.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Agreed. At this point in time if OU and Texas play, it is a blowout by OU over Texas. Why? Because of the way the 2 teams are playing. Texas would be humiliated against Florida in a NC game. They can't hang. They could not hang with Tech what 3 weeks ago. Oklahoma has peaked at the right time it seems. Good luck to the team that beat Tech, OU.

I love the IF Texas and OU played right now..They played TEXAS won...and it was not by luck, or a fluke

Texas has beat more top 12 teams than OU

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Where does everyone get their information about OU playing better than Texas? Texas has beaten Baylor and Kansas by more points than OU did.

Astrosdawg07
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
You just have to look at how they beat Tech.

wildstangs
11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
You just have to look at how they beat Tech.

So if we are only looking at one game, what was the importance of the Red River Shootout?

dslonel
11-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I do think OU is playing very good right now. I do not know if they will maintain this level until January, the NC is 45 days away and we will not get any team playing at their current level. When both teams are chosen then it will be a matter of speed and poise and the Horns have plenty of experience on that level.

DDBooger
11-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Agreed. At this point in time if OU and Texas play, it is a blowout by OU over Texas. Why? Because of the way the 2 teams are playing. Texas would be humiliated against Florida in a NC game. They can't hang. They could not hang with Tech what 3 weeks ago. Oklahoma has peaked at the right time it seems. Good luck to the team that beat Tech, OU. can't hang? they put what 45 on oklahoma, and didn't get 65 hung on them in their lone loss! bias is one thing, this just sounds like sour grapes! :D
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/TexExEm/sour_grapes.jpg

Astrosdawg07
11-23-2008, 10:24 PM
So if we are only looking at one game, what was the importance of the Red River Shootout?

I understand your point, but when you have no playoff, you go by what team is playing the best football at this time.

RMAC
11-24-2008, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Just think we were ONE second away from never even talking about this. Had Gideon intercepted the ball late and if they would have stopped Crabtree with that ONE second to go these conversations wouldnt even be happening and Tech would be just regular OL' Tech. Texas and OU both have a chance at both titles now and from here out i do believe its all about style points and pulling off the last tough wins.

Well you can always what and if, but the fact of the matter is, UT did lose to Tech. Be it on a last second play or not, at the end of the game, Tech had more points. What about the 2 TD's that Tech dropped, or the UT punt return that had 2 illegal blocks (I've got it on DVR, so don't tell me I'm making things up) in the back. UT fans want to forget that they got dominated for 3 quarters of that game. Right now, I think OU is the better team. As I said earlier, we were dominated in every aspect of the game last night, and it showed. Yes, they did lose to UT back in September, you guys have made it blatantly clear that you won the game. Let it go. We know what happened; I promise we won't forget. You guys will still be the greatest team/school on the face of the Earth and we all wish we went there, blah, blah, blah.

Now, having said that, all the Horn's and Sooner fans think they're guaranteed spots in the NC game, but here's something to think about. Whoever ends up representing the South, YOU'LL STILL HAVE TO BEAT MIZZOU!!! It ain't in Weirdoville, USA this time either, Longhorn fans. It might as well be a home game for the Tigers. Missouri could very well win the Big 12 this year, but nobody really wants to think about that because they're so sure their team is in. Wouldn't that be nice? If that happened, I wouldn't be suprised if USC somehow ended up in the NC game with all the media bias the have in their favor. But I really think it doesn't matter because Florida would beat, not manhandle, but win rather convincingly against either UT or OU.

bobcat1
11-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
can't hang? they put what 45 on oklahoma, and didn't get 65 hung on them in their lone loss! bias is one thing, this just sounds like sour grapes! :D
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/TexExEm/sour_grapes.jpg
No Sour grapes. Did you watch the game or look through the burnt orange glasses and jump up and down gleefully each time OU scored. They were so much better than when they played UT. That is not from a TTU biased position either. The first half I was mad but the second half I watched their line and linebackers. Box has improved so much since he was put in when their stud MLB went out in the game against UT. Remember that inexperienced kid that was inserted then and think about how he played Saturday. WOW. They are that dang good. dude.

DDBooger
11-24-2008, 10:33 AM
No Sour grapes. Did you watch the game or look through the burnt orange glasses and jump up and down gleefully each time OU scored. They were so much better than when they played UT. That is not from a TTU biased position either. The first half I was mad but the second half I watched their line and linebackers. Box has improved so much since he was put in when their stud MLB went out in the game against UT. Remember that inexperienced kid that was inserted then and think about how he played Saturday. WOW. They are that dang good. dude. Lmao don't make assumptions, not everyone on this board is one or the other. I was actually pulling for Tech, I'm not from Lubbock or Austin. Nor did I attend either university, I wanted a Texan team to make it to the Big 12 Championship and subsequently the National Championship. IF anyone has rozy glasses here its you pard, kinda like, "well if my team doesn't win, then I'll just hope the other doesn't have a chance either!" :rolleyes: But I suppose you can relish whatever comforts you, even if it is the consolation of hoping for another schools decline rather than your schools chances for a National Championship. :D

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2008, 10:48 AM
I understand your point, but when you have no playoff, you go by what team is playing the best football at this time.

well, if that's what you go by, then the NCAA's "The Regular Season Matters" motto should be thrown out the door, because essentially, you're saying that the last two or three games are in reality playoffs for the NCAA, and what happens earlier, even in head to head matchups, doesn't.

bobcat1
11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Lmao don't make assumptions, not everyone on this board is one or the other. I was actually pulling for Tech, I'm not from Lubbock or Austin. Nor did I attend either university, I wanted a Texan team to make it to the Big 12 Championship and subsequently the National Championship. IF anyone has rozy glasses here its you pard, kinda like, "well if my team doesn't win, then I'll just hope the other doesn't have a chance either!" :rolleyes: But I suppose you can relish whatever comforts you, even if it is the consolation of hoping for another schools decline rather than your schools chances for a National Championship. :D Dude, did you watch the OU Defense at all? Do you honestly believe Colt could survive that? EH EH ain't happening. Dueces

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 11:53 AM

If I am correct Texas is the highest ranked team from the Big 12 South...

If they beat A&M they will play Mizzo for the Big 12 title...

after they win that game, they will play Florida for the National Championship.....

SO in conclusion 2 of Texas' next 3 games will be for Titles.....

you heard it here first!!!!!!

DDBooger
11-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Dude, did you watch the OU Defense at all? Do you honestly believe Colt could survive that? EH EH ain't happening. Dueces I watched them perform against Tech's offense, matchups are contextual, and you think OU has improved and Texas has remained static. You're presuming too much based on Tech's inability to play away from home apparently. Really pointless to argue, Texas beat them straight up, if the thought that Texas could do it again is not fathomable, well opinions vary and Texas shouldn't have to win AGAIN, to prove they could. Still football left to be played. We'll see where the chips fall and who's in the bcs and who's in San Diego(Holiday Bowl). :thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
If I am correct Texas is the highest ranked team from the Big 12 South...

If they beat A&M they will play Mizzo for the Big 12 title...

after they win that game, they will play Florida for the National Championship.....

SO in conclusion 2 of Texas' next 3 games will be for Titles.....

you heard it here first!!!!!!

Not so fast my friend even if UT beats A&M handily but OU manages to win in Stillwater, you gotta believe that the pollsters are going to move OU even higher and that the strength of schedule for this weeks game will only help OU's chances while not benefit Texas, so even if UT beats A&M there is not guarantee we will play for the BIG XII title if OU beats OSU...and if OU does lose that puts us into a 2 way tie with Tech and they own the head to head

interesting sidenote including the BIG XII souths stud quartet
TT beat UT @ HOME
TT beat OSU @ HOME
OU beat TT @ HOME
UT beat OU @ Neutral Site

OU plays at OSU this week... so maybe homefield is a bit of advantage

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Not so fast my friend even if UT beats A&M handily but OU manages to win in Stillwater, you gotta believe that the pollsters are going to move OU even higher and that the strength of schedule for this weeks game will only help OU's chances while not benefit Texas, so even if UT beats A&M there is not guarantee we will play for the BIG XII title if OU beats OSU...and if OU does lose that puts us into a 2 way tie with Tech and they own the head to head

interesting sidenote including the BIG XII souths stud quartet
TT beat UT @ HOME
TT beat OSU @ HOME
OU beat TT @ HOME
UT beat OU @ Neutral Site

OU plays at OSU this week... so maybe homefield is a bit of advantage

Luckily for us people know that Texas/Texas A&M and Oklahoma/OSU are virtually EVEN as far as how hard each game will be, so the computers may deviate...but the human votes will remain the same......OSU will make a stand against the Sooners and Texas is going to RIP THE GIZZARDS out of the Aggies keeping the 3-way tie in play for the Big 12 South Title....hence:

Texas V Florida for the National Title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home advantage is HUGE this year....another reason why a playoff to determine the best team is so vital for the integrity of Division I football....

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Well you can always what and if, but the fact of the matter is, UT did lose to Tech. Be it on a last second play or not, at the end of the game, Tech had more points. What about the 2 TD's that Tech dropped, or the UT punt return that had 2 illegal blocks (I've got it on DVR, so don't tell me I'm making things up) in the back. UT fans want to forget that they got dominated for 3 quarters of that game. Right now, I think OU is the better team. As I said earlier, we were dominated in every aspect of the game last night, and it showed. Yes, they did lose to UT back in September, you guys have made it blatantly clear that you won the game. Let it go. We know what happened; I promise we won't forget. You guys will still be the greatest team/school on the face of the Earth and we all wish we went there, blah, blah, blah.

Now, having said that, all the Horn's and Sooner fans think they're guaranteed spots in the NC game, but here's something to think about. Whoever ends up representing the South, YOU'LL STILL HAVE TO BEAT MIZZOU!!! It ain't in Weirdoville, USA this time either, Longhorn fans. It might as well be a home game for the Tigers. Missouri could very well win the Big 12 this year, but nobody really wants to think about that because they're so sure their team is in. Wouldn't that be nice? If that happened, I wouldn't be suprised if USC somehow ended up in the NC game with all the media bias the have in their favor. But I really think it doesn't matter because Florida would beat, not manhandle, but win rather convincingly against either UT or OU.

Facts:
1. How Tech beat Texas is in the minds of every human pollster and believe me it does matter in the rankings.

2. Unless a flag is thrown, their is no penalty... NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS on the field....I am not saying it's fair or right and I am by no means advocating dirty play, but if the flag stays in the pocket it's a clean play in the books. Remember this:

there is a hold on every play of a football game, only some of them get called.

3. Mizzo will not be ready for the team that comes out of the south....Texas, Tech or the Sooners. Of course you have to give them some repect because of their passing game but their defense will not stop any of these teams......

4. and as far as who is the better team: Texas or Oklahoma....I will say this:

Texas 45
Oklahoma 35

Third
11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
I stil can't understand why Florida figures into the mix. They lost to an unranked team AT HOME. OU, UT and Tech all have single losses to teams that are 10-1 and ranked in the top 7.

Were Florida's wins over an overrated Georgia team, 6-5 Vandy, 7-4 South Carolina and the freakin Citadel that impressive?

Texas had a stretch against OU, Mizzou, OSU and Tech when all were top 11. They also hold a win over Rice that just so happens to be tied for first in Conference USA. Strong schedule.

OU has wins over 9-2 Cincinnati, 10-2 TCU and 10-1 Tech with #11 OSU up next. Strong schedule.

Tech has wins over 10-1 UT, 9-2 OSU and wrecked Kansas when they were still top 20.

Body of work should count for something, not how many points you can score late in the year. The BCS system is kinda similar to another joke of a sport, boxing. It reminds me of boxers flurrying late in a round after doing nothing to try to steal a round. Organizations ranking fighters whereever they desire and setting up bogus title fights.

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
Luckily for us people know that Texas/Texas A&M and Oklahoma/OSU are virtually EVEN as far as how hard each game will be, so the computers may deviate...but the human votes will remain the same......

and that my friend is why the situation is so scary, both the USA TODAY and the Harris Poll already have OU ahead of Texas
Harris
3.OU
4. Texas

USA TODAY
2. OU
4. Texas

its is only the .960 computer ranking of Texas that is keeping them abovr OU who has a .900 computer ranking.

BCS Standing
2. Texas- .9209
3. OU- .9125

even the computers deviate...not good for Texas

and another side note...Florida, I love them, I love tebow but watch out for them seminoles....it might be closer than you think

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by RMAC

Ok if were going to bring up dropped passes then obviously you gotta look at the number of easy balls that Texas dropped in the game that would have kept drives going. and penalties lets not go there...Tech O-linemen had UT defense in holds all night..and ya if you want I'll put out the DVR too. And this aint me having sour grapes or nothing like that, everyone knows Im a UT fan but after the game was all said and done with against Tech I looked at my brother and said probably one the greatest ending too a game I have ever seen, I rank it right up there with UT.USC Rose Bowl, just not with the title actujally being on the line. and please Mizzou...the loss had nothing to do with it being Austin...clearly OU/TT/UT would all have their way with them even if the game was played in Mizzou...and Florida couldnt even handle McCoys old backup Snead at home...I'm just sayin

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Third
[B]I stil can't understand why Florida figures into the mix. They lost to an unranked team AT HOME. OU, UT and Tech all have single losses to teams that are 10-1 and ranked in the top 7.

Were Florida's wins over an overrated Georgia team, 6-5 Vandy, 7-4 South Carolina and the freakin Citadel that impressive?

Florida will play Alabama in the SEC championip game...they are DEEP in the mix.

After Florida beats Bama they will play the winner of the Big 12 Title game provided that winner comes from the South....

So It's Florida or Alabama V Texas or Oklahoma

going to be real tough for another team to get into the mix