PDA

View Full Version : Three WO-S Players on Texas Longhorn Radar

WO-S 89
11-22-2008, 10:47 PM
The West Orange-Stark Mustangs handled Caldwell Friday night at WoodForest Stadium in The Woodlands by a score of 37-7. The Longhorns are recruiting three West Orange-Stark players in junior CB/WR Trey Franks, junior WR James Haynes and stud sophomore WR Mark Roberts. Burnt Orange Beat was there to scout all three prospects.

Crimestick
11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
WO-S has two starters in the UT secondary in Deion Beasley and Earl Thomas already!

WylieBulldog92
11-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
WO-S has two starters in the UT secondary in Deion Beasley and Earl Thomas already!
And a certain one dropped a pick against TTU :devil: :devil:

Crimestick
11-23-2008, 05:25 AM
I missed that! Was it the one who had two interceptions against the team that just bulldozed TTU as a redshirt freshman?

WylieBulldog92
11-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I missed that! Was it the one who had two interceptions against the team that just bulldozed TTU as a redshirt freshman?
I honestly say I have no idea :confused:

Seriously.

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
And a certain one dropped a pick against TTU :devil: :devil:

Actually that was Blake Gideon from Leander.

WylieBulldog92
11-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Actually that was Blake Gideon from Leander.
The last one yes...one hit Earl Thomas right in the chest earlier in the game I believe.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2008, 11:22 AM
The last one yes...one hit Earl Thomas right in the chest earlier in the game I believe.

yes..but that was one of those it flew thru the WR hands and was right on top of Thomas before he could react

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 11:24 AM

Oh yeah...but the "big" one was Gideon. True freshman...he's gonna be special IMO.

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by WO-S 89
The West Orange-Stark Mustangs handled Caldwell Friday night at WoodForest Stadium in The Woodlands by a score of 37-7. The Longhorns are recruiting three West Orange-Stark players in junior CB/WR Trey Franks, junior WR James Haynes and stud sophomore WR Mark Roberts. Burnt Orange Beat was there to scout all three prospects.
I saw the scouts, and they were there with good reason. Did you see Franks walk down the Caldwell QB on that long run that set up their TD? Wow..it was like Darrell Green chasing down Tony Dorsett back in '83...:eek:

griff
11-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Trey Franks from WO-S has a brother who plays for Texas Tech. The Franks kid who plays in the secondary at Oklahoma is not one of the brothers.

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by griff
Trey Franks from WO-S has a brother who plays for Texas Tech. The Franks kid who plays in the secondary at Oklahoma is not one of the brothers.

He also has a brother that played WR for A&M if I'm not mistaken.:thinking:

BTW sorry I missed you at the M&G Friday night...dang job.:mad:

griff
11-23-2008, 01:36 PM
You are correct about the A&M player. Their dad was also a good player for us back in the late 70's.

Hope to meet you Saturday, Maroon.