PDA

View Full Version : 11-0 Sinton Pirates vs. 11-1 Bellville Brahmas

Pages : [1] 2

JR2004
11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Who takes this huge regional semi-final matchup?

Let's go Pirates!

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 10:33 PM
GO PIRATES............ If this game is on Friday, I am going to try to make it. Promises to be a great game between to great teams.......

kepdawg
11-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Who takes this huge regional semi-final matchup?

Let's go Pirates!

Sinton can't go 16-0 if the lose, so they win.

sinton66
11-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Sinton can't go 16-0 if the lose, so they win.

Sinton can't go 16-0 if they win, but they win anyway.:D

We had a pre-district game cancelled by Ike.

buff4ever
11-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Since the bellville posters are prolly traveling, I will post for them. I take bellville in this one. Bellville will be the best opponent Sinton has seen this year and it will result in a loss for sinton. Unfortunately for sinton it is the playoffs and that will mean that their season will be over.

Seriously, this will be a good game, I called this match up in the pickem, as well as giddings and rio hondo. The only region I almost got perfect.

sinton66
11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Since the bellville posters are prolly traveling, I will post for them. I take bellville in this one. Bellville will be the best opponent Sinton has seen this year and it will result in a loss for sinton. Unfortunately for sinton it is the playoffs and that will mean that their season will be over.

Seriously, this will be a good game, I called this match up in the pickem, as well as giddings and rio hondo. The only region I almost got perfect.

Sinton just might be the best team Bellville's faced this year too. I think it'll be up to our defense.

BTownVBall3
11-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Giddings might have something to say about that..I believe Sinton will definitely the biggest test yet though.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Game is Friday and heard at Texas State, where is Texas State

is that San Marcos

sinton66
11-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes, it is. Strange choice if true.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yes, it is. Strange choice if true. its from a players mom her kid called her and said Friday at Texas state but waiting to hear from another person for the time

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 11:26 PM
its at 7:30 Friday at Texas state

CueroDad08
11-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Good luck to both teams
But I think Sinton will have there hands full in this one.

Cats Fan
11-23-2008, 12:54 AM
go sinton...represent south texas with pride!

buff4ever
11-23-2008, 01:09 AM
I think I will sit back and watch this thread for a couple of days. Those crazy bellville posters are sure to get in here and stir up pirate4state atleast once.

or vice versa......:D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: ;) :devil: :1popcorn: :stirpot:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Sinton will be the home team for this game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 01:11 AM
I think I will sit back and watch this thread for a couple of days. Those crazy bellville posters are sure to get in here and stir up pirates4state atleast once.

or vice versa......:D :D :clap: :clap: ;) :devil: :1popcorn: :stirpot: :) were ready to stir it also

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 01:15 AM
game time is 7pm at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos on Friday! :cheerl:

I guess we should just thank our lucky stars to still be alive and playing!

Guys yall should just not worry about practicing this week.

Yall haven't played anyone. Yall haven't been tested and Bellville is from the toughest district in our region.

Does that sum it up? Did I leave anything out? :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm gonna have a chip on my shoulder this week! :devil:

All we can ask is that our boys practice hard this week, don't eat too much turkey and continue with your PLAN and continue to shock the state!

GO PIRATES!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
game time is 7pm at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos on Friday! :cheerl:

I guess we should just thank our lucky stars to still be alive and playing!

Guys yall should just not worry about practicing this week.

Yall haven't played anyone. Yall haven't been tested and Bellville is from the toughest district in our region.

Does that sum it up? Did I leave anything out? :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm gonna have a chip on my shoulder this week! :devil:

All we can ask is that our boys practice hard this week, don't eat too much turkey and continue with your PLAN and continue to shock the state!

GO PIRATES!!! you left out Sinton is slow and small :D , rude awakening ;)

buff4ever
11-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
you left out Sinton is slow and small :D , rude awakening ;)

Calm down you two, no one on this thread has called you slow or small or that you are not good. The only opinion stated so far was that bellville will be your best opponent to this point.

But I agree with you pirate4state, d25 is the best in the region:D

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 01:23 AM
you left out Sinton is slow and small :D , rude awakening ;)
Dude....you left out weak. :p

LHPD & I will most likely be there - will know for sure later in the week.

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Calm down you two, no one on this thread has called you slow or small or that you are not good. The only opinion stated so far was that bellville will be your best opponent to this point.

But I agree with you pirate4state, d25 is the best in the region:D Not yet, but the week hasn't officially started ;) :taunt:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

LHPD & I will most likely be there - will know for sure later in the week. didnt want to list all our weakness :doh:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 02:02 AM
Will Bellville get #12, or will Sinton. Bellville beat a very good La Vernia team without Bellvilles leading rusher(Nunn). Can the offense of Sinton get past Bellville Defense? This will be played Friday night in San Marcos. Let the Fun Begin. Bellville vs Sinton!

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2008, 02:05 AM
do we need two polls?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89781

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
do we need two polls?

Bellville vs Sinton , and you have someone from Dallas starting a thread were there are more than enought people from Sinton or Bellville that know more about these 2 teams. It was my undrstanding he was told to stop?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville vs Sinton , and you have someone from Dallas starting a thread were there are more than enought people from Sinton or Bellville that know more about these 2 teams. It was my undrstanding he was told to stop? He did predict Sinton to be unbeaten this year before the season even started so he must know something :)

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Bellville vs Sinton , and you have someone from Dallas starting a thread were there are more than enought people from Sinton or Bellville that know more about these 2 teams. It was my undrstanding he was told to stop? stop what? anyone can start a thread and JR has been one of Sinton's most "vocal" bandwagon fans! :D i don't see a problem here.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 02:30 AM

But I agree with you pirate4state, d25 is the best in the region:D

Has any Bellville poster stated these things?

48minutes
11-23-2008, 02:35 AM
Bellville will prevail, good season Sinton but its all over now.

Good luck to both teams, hope for an injury free ball game.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 03:15 AM
According to the Massey Ratings, Bellville will be the highest rated opponent for Sinton. Bellville's highest rated opponent was Giddings, followed by La Vernia & 4A Livingston. In fact, 9 of Bellville's opponents have a higher rating than Sinton.

garciap77
11-23-2008, 03:17 AM
Go Sinton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJMbrahmas10
11-23-2008, 03:20 AM
IMO, i believe the unfortunate loss of nunn has opened our play book wide open and we arent focusing on one thing, getting nunn the ball, now we are spreading the ball and good things are happening. Our defense really stepped it up last night

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
According to the Massey Ratings, Bellville will be the highest rated opponent for Sinton. Bellville's highest rated opponent was Giddings, followed by La Vernia & 4A Livingston. In fact, 9 of Bellville's opponents have a higher rating than Sinton.

Who were the lower ones?

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
IMO, i believe the unfortunate loss of nunn has opened our play book wide open and we arent focusing on one thing, getting nunn the ball, now we are spreading the ball and good things are happening. Our defense really stepped it up last night

I agree, but would of loved to see Bellville run Nunn out of that single back spread formation. Bellville really discovered some new ways to be effective.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 03:28 AM
Who were the lower ones?

Wharton & Royal (remember we played Wharton twice).

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 03:35 AM
What were the Massy ratings for sintons opponents?

zebrablue2
11-23-2008, 03:43 AM
I am very happy for the bulls. playing sinton this week will be a great tx. high school football game. good luck to both teams, and may the best one win... go brahmas........

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 03:47 AM
What were the Massy ratings for sintons opponents?

http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=ratings&schoolid=TX7838715603&year=2008

Highest rated opponent was Goliad.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 08:04 AM
http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=ratings&schoolid=TX7838715603&year=2008

Highest rated opponent was Goliad. :thinking: Aransas Pass(1-9) and Mathis(5-5) have been Sinton toughest game this year with AP being the only team Sinton was behind going into the 4th qtr.

Sinton defensively are a bend but dont break defense and will play against the pass first and force the oppostion to run the ball. Mathis gave us the most fits with 3 yd gains and taking 3-4 plays to pick up first downs to keep the ball away from our offense.

sinton66
11-23-2008, 08:31 AM
All season long we've heard how the Pirates haven't played "anybody". We've played 11 "nobodys" and beat all 11 of them. This despite the fact we're small, have no speed, and can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.;)

Bellville's played 12 "sombodys" and one of them beat them (Sealy, with an ex-Sinton coach).

It's all about how these 2 teams match up against each other. Sinton has no control over who they get to play in the early rounds, that's up to the UIL and the teams involved.

sinton66
11-23-2008, 09:04 AM

LHPD & I will most likely be there - will know for sure later in the week.

Bring the cowbells!:D

Pudlugger
11-23-2008, 09:04 AM
I have to go with Bellville in this one. The Bulls are playing great football at the right time and have overcome adversity with injuries all season. This could be their year. Sinton has not faced a defense like Bellville's. They will knock the Pirates off their game plan. That's what they do to win games. Look how they did against La Vernia down 10-0 early yet they took control and shut them down. They did the same think to La Grange tied 14-14 at the half they just upped the pressure and shut down the offense in the second half.

Defense has been their strength all season and now their offense is showing flexibility and mixing it up better than ever. Bellvile rolls this week.

Lion_Addict
11-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I really don't have a clue but I'm going with Sinton & my bud-ette P4S :D . Go Pirates! :cheerl:

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Let me see the last time Sinton played in San Marcos they lost to Burnet. The crowd was estimated at close to 14,000. It was the 6th or 7th largest crowd to watch a football game there at that time. Don't know how big a crowd will there for this game (Friday game! BOOO!!) Oh wait that's Thanksgiving. Never mind. As far as the game. I'm gonna go with Bellville this time by a touchdown. Sinton needs to tighten up more on D. Allowing teams to constantly get to the red zone before stopping them eventually leads to lots of scores. And this far in the play-offs that'll start happening. Offensively Sinton is gonna score But the Bulls should get one more TD than Sinton. Bulls 35, Sinton 28. BUT!!! I won't be shocked if that score is reversed.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I have to go with Bellville in this one. The Bulls are playing great football at the right time and have overcome adversity with injuries all season. This could be their year. Sinton has not faced a defense like Bellville's. They will knock the Pirates off their game plan. That's what they do to win games. Look how they did against La Vernia down 10-0 early yet they took control and shut them down. They did the same think to La Grange tied 14-14 at the half they just upped the pressure and shut down the offense in the second half.

Defense has been their strength all season and now their offense is showing flexibility and mixing it up better than ever. Bellvile rolls this week. Good defense by Bellville but Sinton no huddle spread offense can run it at you or pass all game whichever Bellville dicatates they will try and stop. Defensively, Sinton has faced better rbs and qbs but it will come down to Sinton making the stops like they have once the other team gets near the red zone as they play more agressively in that part of the field.

Sinton 28 Bellvile 24

Boomer
11-23-2008, 10:05 AM
After watching Bellville last night, they will be hard to beat. Bellville has a very good defense, they hit hard and fly to the ball. Bellville has a good little RB that I saw last night. He runs low to the ground and is hard to bring down.

If you can get to the QB, Sinton could win this one. A big weak spot is Bellville's kick off coverage. Sinton could start off with good field position early. But I have to go with Bellville in this one.

Pudlugger
11-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Good defense by Bellville but Sinton no huddle spread offense can run it at you or pass all game whichever Bellville dicatates they will try and stop. Defensively, Sinton has faced better rbs and qbs but it will come down to Sinton making the stops like they have once the other team gets near the red zone as they play more agressively in that part of the field.

Sinton 28 Bellvile 24

Well, La Grange runs the Spread and Bellville stopped them cold in the second half with an aggressive blitzing defense over the middle. As a result, the Leps incorporated a TE to the set in subsequent games to bolster the line against the pass rush and open up the middle to the dump pass. I suggest Sinton do the same as otherwise the linebacker and noseguard will double team the center and blitz the qb.

sinton66
11-23-2008, 10:24 AM
This won't be the first time we've heard Sinton has NO chance against Bellville. We didn't believe it in 2001, and before the game is played probably won't this time either. I'm relatively confident the Pirates will make them prove it.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Well, La Grange runs the Spread and Bellville stopped them cold in the second half with an aggressive blitzing defense over the middle. As a result, the Leps incorporated a TE to the set in subsequent games to bolster the line against the pass rush and open up the middle to the dump pass. I suggest Sinton do the same as otherwise the linebacker and noseguard will double team the center and blitz the qb. yea, i noticed the blitzing up the middle, with our QB being 6'6" he can see the field good and have quick passes to beat the blitz. I'm sure the Sinton coaching has a plan for that as it was obvious where they blitz from.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 10:26 AM
The Bellville defense has been it's best when playing against the spread. This allows their very active LB's to bring a variety of blitzes and cause major havoc in the backfield. IMO, La Vernia went to the spread a little too early and this played right into the hands of the Bellville defense.

You may look at last night's stats and say the Bellville defense wasn't all that great, but take a look at the number of incomplete passes and the 3 interceptions. Most of this was related to the LV QB running for his life and throwing on the run.

I_DONT_CARE
11-23-2008, 10:28 AM
As a result, the Leps incorporated a TE to the set in subsequent games to bolster the line against the pass rush and open up the middle to the dump pass.
HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR YOU?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 10:29 AM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8900/dscf4011xb3.jpg

I think Sinton line can pounded on them if they have to as they have played games where they dont even pass out of the spread.

CueroGobblers
11-23-2008, 10:52 AM
As much as I hate Sinton, they have done a great job. If they want to be the champs they have to beat these guys all around. On offense, defense special teams they have to be turnover team and penalty free. good luck sinton go represend District 31 and south texas. Sinton by 11

Lion_Addict
11-23-2008, 11:00 AM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8900/dscf4011xb3.jpg

I think Sinton line can pounded on them if they have to as they have played games where they dont even pass out of the spread.

Good Lord, #73 looks like a MONSTER :eek: :eek:

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
How BIG is 73?

I have a nephew at Sweeny that is a Sophmore that his really big.

He is 6'5'' 260

Just wondering how they match up.

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I want Sinton to win but I think Bellville might have a bit too much for them..my advice to the Pie Rats is to let the big dog eat.

If you are a fan of a solid, time-chewing run game then you know what that means.;)

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh, before I forget, I am going with Bellville less than 7.

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Bring the cowbells!:D
I hope p4s lets me sit by her! She's not a big "fan". :eek: :eek: :D

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I hope p4s lets me sit by her! She's not a big "fan". :eek: :eek: :D I'm not gonna lie...the cowbells wear me out. BUT...it will mean a lot to me if yall come so if that means your bell is part of the package so be it! :D Bring it on! Maybe it'll spark some life into our fans. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
How BIG is 73?

I have a nephew at Sweeny that is a Sophmore that his really big.

He is 6'5'' 260

Just wondering how they match up. hes grown maybe a inch or two since his sophmore year. Think hes been a 3 yr starter on the line. Our programs dont list that info but seen some programs having him 6'6" and 6'7" 325 lbs

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks SintonFan_inAustin my nephew is 15 so he will probably catch him

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm not gonna lie...the cowbells wear me out.

Shoulda heard WOS's air horn...:eek: :doh: ;)

Ranger354
11-23-2008, 12:14 PM
I am out for two days and we have 60 some odd posts on here and are picked to lose by the majority.

Why are we playing on Friday evening? I don't get off work til 5 so that means I will be speeding to San Marcos to be there before the end of the first quarter. I may have to miss this one.
I was sure hoping for a Saturday game in Victoria like the last time we met.

I think Sinton will take this one by 2 TDs.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
I am out for two days and we have 60 some odd posts on here and are picked to lose by the majority.

Why are we playing on Friday evening? I don't get off work til 5 so that means I will be speeding to San Marcos to be there before the end of the first quarter. I may have to miss this one.
I was sure hoping for a Saturday game in Victoria like the last time we met.

The Sinton coach wanted to play on Friday, probably figuring that would give his team a little advantage and force Bellville to play on a short week. He won the toss and elected to play Friday instead of Saturday. I think Bellville won the toss for the stadium site.

Pudlugger
11-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR YOU?

Well, they didn't get it going until Giddings and it helped a lot. We almost beat Giddings(lost 36-29) and went on to beat Columbus and Sealy. Never mind about Smithville, the Leps didn't show for that one LOL.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 12:37 PM
The Sinton coach wanted to play on Friday, probably figuring that would give his team a little advantage and force Bellville to play on a short week. He won the toss and elected to play Friday instead of Saturday. I think Bellville won the toss for the stadium site.
:thinking: maybe should have pick the stadium and make ya'll drive to Corpus Christi :D

gobbler grad
11-23-2008, 12:49 PM
another hard game to call...after watching Bellville play last night, still unsure, since I haven't seen the Pirates play...:thinking:
the brahmas never gave up last night and adjusted well after being behind...I voted for the Pirates, but the Brahmas come out on top ...34-20

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 12:50 PM
The Sinton coach wanted to play on Friday, probably figuring that would give his team a little advantage and force Bellville to play on a short week. He won the toss and elected to play Friday instead of Saturday. I think Bellville won the toss for the stadium site. Nope that was a favor to me so I could watch Gilmer vs. WOS! :D

haha

j/k

GreenMachine
11-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Haven't seen either play, but I thought that I read that Aransas Pass and Mathis were Sinton's toughest games? If this is true, it could be a long night for the Pirate's. Even though I haven't seen Bellville play one of our student workers is from Bellville and we talk a lot of football. I believe that the Brahmas will be way to much for the Pirate's. I see the Brahmas winning by at least 2 td's.

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Haven't seen either play, but I thought that I read that Aransas Pass and Mathis were Sinton's toughest games? If this is true, it could be a long night for the Pirate's. Even though I haven't seen Bellville play one of our student workers is from Bellville and we talk a lot of football. I believe that the Brahmas will be way to much for the Pirate's. I see the Brahmas winning by at least 2 td's. That was one guy's opinion. IMO our toughest game was against Oso and their talented backs & speed.

BTownVBall3
11-23-2008, 01:38 PM
The 6'6 QB play baseball?

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
The 6'6 QB play baseball? Yes and basketball and tennis :D

BTownVBall3
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Oh well then he'll have plenty of stuff to occupy his time after friday night...jk

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Oh well then he'll have plenty of stuff to occupy his time after friday night...jk yeah like practice for his next FOOTBALL game :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 01:47 PM
That was one guy's opinion. IMO our toughest game was against Oso and their talented backs & speed. :) West Oso game Sinton coach put in backup defense towards the end and West Oso scored to make the game close by 3 points. Mathis and AP games were closer but Sinton defensively was still gaining experience. No question Mathis and AP overall nowhere near the level of two playoff teams sinton played or Ingleside and West Oso, but they just played us a better game.

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 01:51 PM
:) West Oso game Sinton coach put in backup defense towards the end and West Oso scored to make the game close by 3 points. Mathis and AP games were closer but Sinton defensively was still gaining experience. No question Mathis and AP overall nowhere near the level of two playoff teams sinton played or Ingleside and West Oso, but they just played us a better game.

We were also without #73 against AP and if I remember right #33/#25 were both either out or banged up against Mathis.

It's all irrelevant anyway....we are way past those games and firing on all cylinders. No doubt we have room for improvement, but our boys are FIRED up about being underdogs, again!

BRING IT!!

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I voted for the Pirates, but the Brahmas come out on top ...34-20

:confused: :confused:

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
another hard game to call...after watching Bellville play last night, still unsure, since I haven't seen the Pirates play...:thinking:
the brahmas never gave up last night and adjusted well after being behind...I voted for the Pirates, but the Brahmas come out on top ...34-20 oh yeah? well then i hope cuero gets beat! take that! :tongue: :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 02:03 PM
We were also without #73 against AP and if I remember right #33/#25 were both either out or banged up against Mathis.

It's all irrelevant anyway....we are way past those games and firing on all cylinders. No doubt we have room for improvement, but our boys are FIRED up about being underdogs, again!

BRING IT!! :clap: :D

Pirate Nation coming at ya!!

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm not gonna lie...the cowbells wear me out. BUT...it will mean a lot to me if yall come so if that means your bell is part of the package so be it! :D Bring it on! Maybe it'll spark some life into our fans. ;)
Do you have any special cheers that I should be practicing for? I'd really hate to be out of sync. :D

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Do you have any special cheers that I should be practicing for? I'd really hate to be out of sync. :D Nope. In fact, you may have to lead the cheers! :D

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Nope. In fact, you may have to lead the cheers! :D
:eek: :eek: Should I bring a bullhorn, too? :D

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 02:54 PM
:eek: :eek: Should I bring a bullhorn, too? :D YES!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
We've played 11 "nobodys" and beat all 11 of them. This despite the fact we're small, have no speed, and can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.;)

Bellville's played 12 "sombodys" and one of them beat them (Sealy, with an ex-Sinton coach).

Once again were has a Bellville poster stated this? Looks to me all these statements are coming from sinton fans.
We also remember the sealy game with the ex sinton coach, thats ex meaning he wanted to be somewere else besides sinton? We also have some locker room billboard stuff from that game. A sinton fan posted (Hell yes, way to go sealy). Bellville this year is 1-0 vs Sinton lets see if we can make it 2-0.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 03:58 PM
We also have some locker room billboard stuff from that game. A sinton fan posted (Hell yes, way to go sealy). Bellville this year is 1-0 vs Sinton lets see if we can make it 2-0.

Yes, Bellville did end Sinton's volleyball season, but you didn't hear anything but kind words from the Bellville posters. Let's go Bellville, I hear Giddings wants a rematch! :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes, Bellville did end Sinton's volleyball season, but you didn't hear anything but kind words from the Bellville posters. Let's go Bellville, I hear Giddings wants a rematch! :D its payback then on the grid iron! :p

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes, Bellville did end Sinton's volleyball season, but you didn't hear anything but kind words from the Bellville posters. Let's go Bellville, I hear Giddings wants a rematch! :D

FBB & bulls-eye

I didn't see any "good season" from you or FBB for our VB girls. :thinking: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89277&perpage=40&highlight=bellville&pagenumber=2 & I didn't even notice the jab from FBB on this thread http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89457&perpage=40&highlight=bellville&pagenumber=2 til today. I credited Bellville girls on numerous threads but only Reds Fan & VBtown said anything nice about our girls. :hand: So take your paranoia somewhere else!

GO PIRATES!!!

Maroon87
11-23-2008, 04:17 PM
FBB & bulls-eye

I didn't see any "good season" from you or FBB for our VB girls. :thinking: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89277&perpage=40&highlight=bellville&pagenumber=2 & I didn't even notice the jab from FBB on this thread http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89457&perpage=40&highlight=bellville&pagenumber=2 til today. I credited Bellville girls on numerous threads but only Reds Fan & VBtown said anything nice about our girls. :hand: So take your paranoia somewhere else!

GO PIRATES!!!

Oh boy. Here we go...:doh:

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 04:23 PM
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: This gonna get good. and I just got my Boy scouts popcorn.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Once again were has a Bellville poster stated this? Looks to me all these statements are coming from sinton fans.
We also remember the sealy game with the ex sinton coach, thats ex meaning he wanted to be somewere else besides sinton? We also have some locker room billboard stuff from that game. A sinton fan posted (Hell yes, way to go sealy). Bellville this year is 1-0 vs Sinton lets see if we can make it 2-0. where did we single out Bellville posters stating we were SLOW,SMALL and WEAK:thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 04:28 PM
FBB & bulls-eye

I didn't see any "good season" from you or FBB for our VB girls. I didn't even notice the jab from FBB on this thread So take your paranoia somewhere else!

GO PIRATES!!!

Lets bring this jab back up, posted by pierate4state

FINAL:

SEALY 22 Bellville 21

:cheerl: :cheerl:

Hell yeah, Go Sealy!!!!

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Lets bring this jab back up, posted by pierate4state

FINAL:

SEALY 22 Bellville 21

:cheerl: :cheerl:

Hell yeah, Go Sealy!!!!

I wouldn't call that a jab, justa fan being proud of a coach that the whole town loved and respected...

this thing is gettn' zesty...

I_DONT_CARE
11-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Bellville vs Sinton , and you have someone from Dallas starting a thread were there are more than enought people from Sinton or Bellville that know more about these 2 teams. It was my undrstanding he was told to stop?
NOT THAT ANYONE CARES WHAT I THINK (AND I DONT CARE EITHER) BUT ISN'T IT KIND OF THE SAME AS SOME BELLVILLE FOLKS STARTING SEALY THREADS AND POLLS A BIG PART OF THE SEASON? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I wouldn't call that a jab, justa fan being proud of a coach that the whole town loved and respected...

It was a jab @ Bellville! I am so glad this game is being played on a field and not a message board.

He left sinton he wanted to be some were else?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Just curious, but let's see how everybody would rank these teams from 1-9.

1. Liberty Hill (until someone can knock them off)
2. W.O.S.
3. China Spring
4. Bridgeport
5. Bellville
6. Navasota
7. Pleasnt Grove
8. Cleveland
9. Sinton

This is difficult because none of these teams have lost. IMO, WOS, China Spring & Bridgeport are currently playing the best football. LH, Bellville, Navasota & PG have all had close calls, but they just keep winning. I question the schedule of Cleveland & Sinton, but so far they keep winning. :(

JR2004
11-23-2008, 04:52 PM
NOT THAT ANYONE CARES WHAT I THINK (AND I DONT CARE EITHER) BUT ISN'T IT KIND OF THE SAME AS SOME BELLVILLE FOLKS STARTING SEALY THREADS AND POLLS A BIG PART OF THE SEASON? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That couldn't have happened...I refuse to believe it!

Oh wait, it sure did and it was done by the one doing the complaining in this thread! How ironic that it was done not once, but twice!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86350

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85022

And we have a third thread mocking Sealy before they scrimmaged Stafford by this same person!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84801

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
It was a jab @ Bellville! I am so glad this game is being played on a field and not a message board.

He left sinton he wanted to be some were else?

I guess if you don't read and think everyone's out to get you you could take it that way... being a fan of Cuero, whose posters get along VERRRRY well with the Sinton posters, I probably shoulda been pissed and felt betrayed when p4s wanted Sealy to win this past Friday night... BUTTTT, having never lost touch with my common sense and having a great understanding of why people do the things they do, I really didn't pay any mind to it and do not blame them...

As for him leaving Sinton because he wanted to be somewhere else... well... uhm... that is usually why people leave places, because they need and/or want to be somewhere else... I say you're a genius with that analysis...

fact is the talent was soing to go down a bit and who wouldn't want to coach at Sealy? home of eric dickerson, titletown USA, home of that freakin' matress... c'mon....

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
That couldn't have happened...I refuse to believe it!

Oh wait, it sure did and it was done by the one doing the complaining in this thread! How ironic that it was done not once, but twice!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86350

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85022

And we have a third thread mocking Sealy before they scrimmaged Stafford by this same person!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84801

If you go back, that first poll was started on a Tuesday. He allowed several days for Sealy posters to start a thread or poll. FBB does live in Austin County, Sealy is right down the road and he did state things he read from the Sealy paper. I guess he does have some interest in their program. If the Sealy posters aren't going to start a poll by Monday, I would say go ahead FBB.

I wonder why you started some Bellville polls? Do you have some interest or ties to that school?

OnceABucJr
11-23-2008, 05:24 PM
"I wouldn't call that a jab, justa fan being proud of a coach that the whole town loved and respected..."

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
"I wouldn't call that a jab, justa fan being proud of a coach that the whole town loved and respected..."

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

Yeah some didn't like Mitchell because he didn't play the game, but he is a friend of mine & I will support him & his son (#11) any chance I get regardless of who their opponent is!

But this is about SINTON and how well we are doing THIS year!

We can agree that we are all proud of our boys & our current coaching staff!!! :clap:

OnceABucJr
11-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I have no idea what you mean when you say "he didn't play the game" but I was just responding to Gobbla when he said the whole town loved and respected him. Coach Allen came in and has now turned things around and "I" have a lot of respect for him as a coach and especially as an AD. And that's all I have to say!

Ranger Mom
11-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Some of the "paranoia" on this thread reminds me of another "paranoid" poster we used to have.....(S&S for those of you "in the know");) :D

It was ridiculous then and it's ridiculous now!!

44INAROW
11-23-2008, 06:03 PM
GO PIRATES :)

sinton66
11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
FBB, I didn't say anything about anyone from Bellville making those comments. I said we've BEEN hearing them from everybody all season long.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 08:35 PM
This won't be the first time we've heard Sinton has NO chance against Bellville.

Who said this? Anyone from Bellville?

Bulligator
11-23-2008, 08:46 PM
People, people..... Enough of the personal keyboard bickering about who said what to who. Let's keep this thread on track about the game Friday night. The Brahmas have a short week to prepare with Thanksgiving and the school holidays. Bellville only has school Monday and Tuesday. What about Sinton? Can the coaches keep the players focused and off the turkey?:thinking:

sinton66
11-23-2008, 08:49 PM

Here ya go, FBB. AGAIN, I didn't say they were from Bellville. I'll go find the other one just for you.

originally posted by Corncob:
Bridgeport will fall this week. Sinton will get blown out next week when they play the LaVernia/Bellville winner.

BrahmaMom
11-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth, Bulligator! I have always had tremendous respect for the Sinton football program and will continue to do so. I expect a hard fought game Friday night between two very good teams and programs. Unfortunately, only one team can win. I hope it is the Brahmas. I think this team showed what they were made of last night. Shout out to the offense, who rallied back. Carter did an awesome job, as did Runnels and Houston. Prayers being said tonight for Nunn for his procedure tomorrow. Focus, Bulls, focus!

piratebg
11-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Good luck on Friday Pirates :)

HM33
11-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Ohhh this thread is on its way to being a 300+ post thread. Sunday and already has 109

OH and good luck Sinton. I'm pulling for you this week.

BOCEPHUS
11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
WINNER OF THIS'UN HERE LOSES TO RIO HONDA NEXT WEEK

Bulligator
11-23-2008, 09:05 PM
BrahmaMom, we are also thinking of Nunn at this time and hope all goes well for his future. I was also impressed that the Brahmas came back from the early deficit. This young group of men have their hearts and minds in the right place.

piratebg
11-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
WINNER OF THIS'UN HERE LOSES TO RIO HONDA NEXT WEEK

Rio Hondo has to get by Giddings first. ;)

sinton66
11-23-2008, 09:06 PM
As BrahmaMom knows, we have all the respect in the world for the Brahmas too. They definitely earned our respect in 2001. I also expect this game to be close but I'm looking for a Pirate win.;)

crabman
11-23-2008, 09:07 PM
The Brahmas have a short week to prepare with Thanksgiving and the school holidays. Bellville only has school Monday and Tuesday

I don't know about you guys but Thursday is just another practice day in Cuero. We don't stop for anything. All of the players stay in Cuero for turkey with their families and they have practice.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Anyone heard from Bull19? Havent seen him post in a while?

CueroGobblers
11-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Is anyone from Sinton coming by Victoria can I catch a ride?

Reds fan
11-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Anyone heard from Bull19? Havent seen him post in a while?

Been wondering about that myself:confused:

sinton66
11-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Maybe he's here under another name?

HM33
11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I don't know about you guys but Thursday is just another practice day in Cuero. We don't stop for anything. All of the players stay in Cuero for turkey with their families and they have practice.

Yeah, I remember we had it on Turkey day and it was actually a tough one cuz we had a longer one :S

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 09:47 PM
When I sober up tommorrow I'm gonna give a nice little story the this board used to be in it's begining. None of this he said she said crap. Ask Gobbla the way it used to be. Nothin but football info and the occasional smack talk. GOD I miss the old days!!

44INAROW
11-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by crabman

Labor on Labor Day so we can feast on Thanksgiving...... (they get 4 hours off for the holiday) :D

oh and GO PIRATES;)

buff4ever
11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Have I stated yet that bellville will win this game. If not I think bellville by 14. Let's say 28 - 14!:)

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Took the words right out of my mouth, Bulligator! I have always had tremendous respect for the Sinton football program and will continue to do so. I expect a hard fought game Friday night between two very good teams and programs. Unfortunately, only one team can win. I hope it is the Brahmas. I think this team showed what they were made of last night. Shout out to the offense, who rallied back. Carter did an awesome job, as did Runnels and Houston. Prayers being said tonight for Nunn for his procedure tomorrow. Focus, Bulls, focus! Sorry I let it get to me. Won't happen again. I said "hi" to Nunn on our way back to our seats the other night. Wish him the best!

I'll see you Friday! :)

GO PIRATES!!!

WORK HARD!

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
WINNER OF THIS'UN HERE LOSES TO RIO HONDA NEXT WEEK Git outta tha swamps son!!

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Lookin at Bellvilles stats on defense Sinton may have a tougher time scoring than I thought. This is probably the best Defense Sinton's seen all year. Change of score Bellville 35-14. Then again Bellville's competition wasn't as good as advertised and you can put Sinton on the top side.:D Remember! Sinton has not the size, speed or talent to play with anybody north of Papalote Creek. And Bellville folk did not say that! I did!:p :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Lookin at Bellvilles stats on defense Sinton may have a tougher time scoring than I thought. This is probably the best Defense Sinton's seen all year. Change of score Bellville 35-14. Then again Bellville's competition wasn't as good as advertised and you can put Sinton on the top side.:D Remember! Sinton has not the size, speed or talent to play with anybody north of Papalote Creek. And Bellville folk did not say that! I did!:p :D This is the best team Sinton will face up to this point. Pirates have seen some good individual players this year, Hebbronville rb Joseph Maldanado, West Oso rbs and Lyford QB Johnny Esparza but this time they face a good team with some good skill position players.

Sinton offense hasnt been challenge this year as they rarely punt in games, they been averaging around a punt per game for the season. Defensively the coaching staff been letting the defense play more agreesively than earlier in the year. Should be a good game just like the first time they met in 2001.

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Quit repeating what I said in page one of this thread. This will be the best opponent Sinton has come across yet, AND I THINK that bellville will take this game.

Bellville plays great team defense. I am picking them and going for them. EVEN THOUGH if we win this week; their defense played our offense better than anyone all year. ALL YEAR!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Quit repeating what I said in page one of this thread. This will be the best opponent Sinton has come across yet, AND I THINK that bellville will take this game.

Bellville plays great team defense. I am picking them and going for them. EVEN THOUGH if we win this week; their defense played our offense better than anyone all year. ALL YEAR! :eek: yikes ALL YEAR!

Giddings season ends against RH! ;)

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 12:09 AM
:eek: yikes ALL YEAR!

all year....... all freakin' year... like any game, take your pick... all year dude...

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 12:11 AM
:eek: yikes ALL YEAR!

Easy man, that includes some good defenses like LH, La Vernia (who actually sucked against us though), Elgin, and some other descent ones in the toughest district in the region:D :D :D ;)

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 12:13 AM
:Giddings season ends against RH! ;)

It very well could, but that has nothing to do with my statement about bellville's defense. you are welcome to come share that opinion on the giddings/rio hondo thread though.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 12:17 AM
i have, both teams have high scoring offenses and it should be high scoring game.

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 12:21 AM
i have, both teams have high scoring offenses and it should be high scoring game.

on the right thread, in order to not hijack or something like that I would say that I agree, but I hope that the better play of our defense vs. their defense of late makes the difference. HOPE, haven't seen them or their opponents play this year.:p :D

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
What kind of offense & defense does Sinton run? Any stats on the Pirates?

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 12:30 AM
What kind of offense & defense does Sinton run? Any stats on the Pirates? Give me a sec & I'll get stats through the Lyford game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Sinton no huddle offense (http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf4081fr4.flv)

I believe the Coach said its Texas Tech offense as he was a coach there.(p4s is that right)

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Try this link (http://www.maxpreps.com/texas/football/sinton/bellville-(tx)/pregame.aspx?ssid=2f36027d-d6f6-4509-aba9-adad5cc85b5e&contestid=6fbbb6fa-d468-4b48-9d15-88f8b56b2efb&urpath=,local,stats) for "pre game" summary and this link (http://www.maxpreps.com/national/football/sinton/stats.aspx?schoolid=b5e8b58b-3569-453b-aa2a-93cb1e6b8949&ssid=2f36027d-d6f6-4509-aba9-adad5cc85b5e&urpath=,local,team) stats

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Sinton no huddle offense (http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf4081fr4.flv)

I believe the Coach said its Texas Tech offense as he was a coach there.(p4s is that right) He went to Tech. He has always described the offense as a mix of Tech & Troy State

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 12:38 AM
That's the offense where they all look at the sidelines and then they check to see what time it is. :D

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 12:41 AM
That's the offense where they all look at the sidelines and then they check to see what time it is. :D jes :D

I'm really looking forward to the game. Some of our boys were at the game in Victoria and are also looking forward to how they match up against a team like Bellville.

I hate saying it will be our first "true" test because that would be a slam on everyone we've played thus far. I will say that Bellville will most likely be the best defense we have faced to date. :D

Our passing game is 100x better than what La Vernia showed Saturday night, IMO of course.

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the clip and stats. La Grange runs the spread, but probably more emphasis on the passing game. Livingston runs a similar type offense. I feel the Bellviile defense does very well against this style offense. I thought La Vernia started with a good game plan against the Bellville defense, but prematurely changed to an offense that was more favorable to the Bull's strengths.

Footballhudini
11-24-2008, 03:32 AM
GW >>> bellville

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 04:22 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Pirate ship runs aground this week. Bellville WILL be the best team Sinton has seen this year.

I hope my "pickem jinx" bites Bellville in the butt though!! GO PIRATES!!!

Ranger354
11-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Go Pirates!

I think our boys will be ok. We have been the under dog in almost every game we have played.

Get your popcorn ready!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-24-2008, 08:12 AM
When I sober up tommorrow I'm gonna give a nice little story the this board used to be in it's begining. None of this he said she said crap. Ask Gobbla the way it used to be. Nothin but football info and the occasional smack talk. GOD I miss the old days!!

What happend to the thread you had on this topic last night?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-24-2008, 08:42 AM
NOT THAT ANYONE CARES BUT

Im the same person as someone else.

BrahmaMom
11-24-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure why this should be a short week? We'll all eat turkey Thursday, but we should be ready for the game Friday. Heck, we can eat, give thanks and take care of business, too, can't we?

Yes, the board has gone down a bit from the "old days" but I expect us old folks to show the way.

Today, Nunn is in my heart and prayers. What a fine young man with a bright future. I think he'll do fine through adversity. With prayers.

BTW, I think our offense is excellent. Don't know if its the best Sinton has seen, but is surely one of the best. And the Brahmas WANT it now, that counts for a lot. Get ready for some football! Go Brahmas!!

Corn Cob
11-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Bellville in a route! Sinton hasn't played anybody all year. They will finally have some competition.

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
Bellville in a route! Sinton hasn't played anybody all year. They will finally have some competition.

rinse & repeat

Yes, finally some competition. We've just been practicing all this time!

To their true fans, win or lose, we will still be proud of everything they have accomplished thus far! It has truly been magical. From 1-9 to 11-0. Not many teams have had this type of turnaround season! :clap: They are not ready for it to end & they will keep working & hope to prove everyone wrong Friday night!

GO PIRATES!

teetle
11-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I know all the Sinton people proud of their team,but Bellville proud of their team too. That Coach Huey, he know what he is doing. Bellville gonna kick the dog poo out of the Pirates. My Tigers got gobbled by the gobblers. I know that we beat Bellville. we got lucky. Bellville they learned from their mistakes. They too much for Sinton. Huey gonna drive up in that big charter bus and kick butt.:bigcry: :bigcry: :tongue: :vrycnfsd: :1omg!:

OldBison75
11-24-2008, 10:44 AM
This will be a great game, much closer than anyone will want to admit right now. If Sinton can get that passing offense in gear and give the QB a little time, they can score alot of points. The key is gonna be the Sinton defense. If Bellville opens the offense and mixes it up, Sinton will have trouble.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Bellville in a route! Sinton hasn't played anybody all year. They will finally have some competition. District 29, District 31 and District 32 all of ya are nobodies, thanks for scrimmaging Sinton now i know for sure Sinton is ready to start the season !

teetle
11-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Look Look won't fool Huey. He play teams that use Look look. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 10:49 AM
After Sinton and Rio Hondo take care of District 25 it will be a South Texas Regional IV Championship :)

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This will be a great game, much closer than anyone will want to admit right now. If Sinton can get that passing offense in gear and give the QB a little time, they can score alot of points. The key is gonna be the Sinton defense. If Bellville opens the offense and mixes it up, Sinton will have trouble. If by opening it up you mean throw out a bunch of trick plays, then yes I agree we could be in trouble! :(

teetle
11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Coach Huey gonna show you what real football is. They ain't gonna be any south Texas matchup. Coach Huey always win . That't what he do. Win:eek: :eek: :1offtopc: :foul: :bigcry: :taunt:

Reds fan
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I'm not sure why this should be a short week? We'll all eat turkey Thursday, but we should be ready for the game Friday. Heck, we can eat, give thanks and take care of business, too, can't we?

Yes, the board has gone down a bit from the "old days" but I expect us old folks to show the way.

Today, Nunn is in my heart and prayers. What a fine young man with a bright future. I think he'll do fine through adversity. With prayers.

BTW, I think our offense is excellent. Don't know if its the best Sinton has seen, but is surely one of the best. And the Brahmas WANT it now, that counts for a lot. Get ready for some football! Go Brahmas!!

Young Mr. Nunn is in our thoughts and prayers as well! Have a speedy recovery!

Corn Cob
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM
After Sinton and Rio Hondo take care of District 25 it will be a South Texas Regional IV Championship :)

You're dreaming. There is no way this will happen. District 25 will blow both these teams out.

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
You're dreaming. There is no way this will happen. District 25 will bow out.

Fixed for you ;)

pancho villa
11-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm think the hefiers win this one, cause them thare girls in B-ville like to dip snuff and drink lonestar beer.

duckhunter
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
bellville has sinton's number this year. sinton will be lucky to score more than 14 points on friday. bellville ROLLS in this one.

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
bellville has sinton's number this year. sinton will be lucky to score more than 14 points on friday. bellville ROLLS in this one.

Volleyball & football are 2 different sports. Sinton has a potent offense, so holding them to 14 points would be quite a task. I do think Bellville's defense is at their best when they play a spread formation. If Bellville can manage to score in the neighborhood of 28 points, I like their chances.

Shoot any ducks lately, or is it deer season? :D

Brahma84
11-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Just heard that Garrette Nunn had his surgery today. He should get to come home by Wed. Prayers for a fast and complete recovery. Hope he's well enough to travel to San Marcos Friday. Go Bellville!!

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Just heard that Garrette Nunn had his surgery today. He should get to come home by Wed. Prayers for a fast and complete recovery. Hope he's well enough to travel to San Marcos Friday. Go Bellville!!

I know he would love to be out on that field with his fellow players. Best of luck and a speedy recovery!

Ranger354
11-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I guess that I missed it some where.......what happened to Nunn? Reading thru this it sounds like he was your starting RB. Hope his surgery went well.

Bulligator
11-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I'm think the hefiers win this one, cause them thare girls in B-ville like to dip snuff and drink lonestar beer.

Senor Pancho, you are correct about the women. When my snuff can is empty, I just grab one from the wife's back pocket!

And, why do you think our football team is so tough? Just who do you think nursed them! :eek: ;)

Bulligator
11-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I guess that I missed it some where.......what happened to Nunn? Reading thru this it sounds like he was your starting RB. Hope his surgery went well.

He broke his ankle in the Wharton playoff game. Was the leading rusher with over 1300 yards and 19 touchdowns.

GreenMachine
11-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Why wasn't Sinton on Cuero's schedule this year? Always had good games with you guys. Anyway, I'm afraid Bellville is too much for Sinton and Giddings wayyyyy tooooo much for RH.

headhunter
11-24-2008, 06:52 PM
I'll tell you why Sinton didn't play Cuero: It is because they were tired of getting beat by the Gobblers. Sinton had a down year last year and Cuero needed to make sure they scheduled tough opponents in pre-district. Sinton was not thought to be to tough coming in to this year, they have continued to get better and i think they will surprise Bellville this week. I still think Bellville wins but it will be close, I say Sinton can pull out a victory if they win the turnover battle by +3.

sinfan75
11-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Why wasn't Sinton on Cuero's schedule this year? Always had good games with you guys. Anyway, I'm afraid Bellville is too much for Sinton and Giddings wayyyyy tooooo much for RH. Don't know but there were some good games along with the butt whuppins. Cuero and Refugio were fun games to watch even though sometimes Sinton would get thrashed.

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
I'll tell you why Sinton didn't play Cuero: It is because they were tired of getting beat by the Gobblers. Sinton had a down year last year and Cuero needed to make sure they scheduled tough opponents in pre-district. Sinton was not thought to be to tough coming in to this year, they have continued to get better and i think they will surprise Bellville this week. I still think Bellville wins but it will be close, I say Sinton can pull out a victory if they win the turnover battle by +3. Well there is that, but I think it had more to do with needing to build confidence early. We just weren't gonna be ready for Cuero that early. Plus, eliminating the "bigger" schools helped us stay healthy and that has been a huge factor in where we are today! Just my opinion.

Also, how would beating us benefit Cuero? ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Sinton has pretty much the same players from last year on offense minus one RB and they started out terrible against Cuero offensively and as the season went on against some good 4a playoff teams, Gregory Portland, Beeville, Port Lavaca they would move the ball on some good drives but would eventually turn it over.

This year this group finishes drives with TDs something they would fail to do last year due to not being comfortable with the offense like they are now.

This game comes down to Sinton defense which has improved every week. Sinton offense will be a good challenge for Bellville which they have yet to face a offense that spread the ball around as you can see by the stats on the number of players with receptions and rbs with carries.

sinfan75
11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I think whoever has the ball last is gonna win this game. Still think Bellville wins but if Sinton has the ball last with a couple minutes to go, Katy bar the door, the Pirates could pull out a win.

headhunter
11-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Sinton has pretty much the same players from last year on offense minus one RB and they started out terrible against Cuero offensively and as the season went on against some good 4a playoff teams, Gregory Portland, Beeville, Port Lavaca they would move the ball on some good drives but would eventually turn it over.

This year this group finishes drives with TDs something they would fail to do last year due to not being comfortable with the offense like they are now.

This game comes down to Sinton defense which has improved every week. Sinton offense will be a good challenge for Bellville which they have yet to face a offense that spread the ball around as you can see by the stats on the number of players with receptions and rbs with carries.

Your last paragraph tells it all. DEFENSE will be the key. Sinton has to win the battle at the line of scrimmage because Bellville likes to run the ball. If they are able to have a 3rd and short then Bellville will be able to keep getting 1st downs and sustain drives. Sinton has to put them in long 2nd and 3rd downs. This makes them throw the ball and Sinton will be able to have som e chances at putting pressure on the QB. Pressure can cause some ill-advised throws and force some picks. I believe Sinton must force turnovers to win, I also think if Sinton needs to win the field position. It will be alot harder for Bellville to continually put together 80 yard drives.

Sinton is the underdog no doubt, but if those kids can play with intensity on defense and execute they will be ok, they CAN NOT ALLOW THE BIG PLAY, momentum will be huge. If Sinton does all these things then I think Sinton might pull a surprise upset.

SintonFan
11-24-2008, 10:19 PM
2001?
nope...
this year is not 2001.
Two vastly different teams. It's gonna be a fun game to watch, irregardless of who you root for. I know Bellville is favored but...
Pirates DO feast after Thanksgiving (they are ravenous, hungry and thieving all lol).
GO PIRATES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bulls-eye, just curious. How accurate was Massey your season?:confused:

dachosenone
11-24-2008, 10:50 PM

Yes his surgery went well and he is recovering from all the meds.

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bulls-eye, just curious. How accurate was Massey your season?:confused:

They correctly predicted 9 of the Bellville wins. They were wrong on the Caldwell, Livingston & Sealy games. Caldwell was Bellville's first game and they predicted us to lose. Bellville was coming off a 5-5 season, so our power rating was quite low. We won that game and then defeated 4A Livingston, who went several rounds in last year's playoffs. Bellville let a 21-7 lead vanish against Sealy or they would of been 100% from week 2 and on.

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Massey has correctly picked the last 8 Sinton games. They only missed games 1 & 3, but have peen perfect since game 4. They are predicting Bellville over Sinton, let's hope they are right. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Massey has correctly picked the last 8 Sinton games. They only missed games 1 & 3, but have peen perfect since game 4. They are predicting Bellville over Sinton, let's hope they are right. :) :tisk:

let's hope they're wrong :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Pirate Nation

Tuesday(tommorrow)
City Wide Pep Rally at the old gym @ 3 pm

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Pirate Nation

Tuesday(tommorrow)
City Wide Pep Rally at the old gym @ 3 pm

Finally someone on this thread stands up and calls victory. Thank you sintonfan in austin. Everyone on both sides is treading so lightly in this thread that should be more animated?!?:D :D :D :D :D :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Sinton 42
Bellville 28

:eek: :eek:

Okay, okay

Sinton 35
Bellville 21

:D :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Sinton 42
Bellville 28

:eek: :eek:

Okay, okay

Sinton 35
Bellville 21

:D :D :hand: no way Bellville holds Sinton to under 36 points :crazy1:

buff4ever
11-25-2008, 12:15 AM
you guys have lost me now:D :thumbsup:

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 12:19 AM
you guys have lost me now:D :thumbsup: should we go looking for you? :confused:

you wanted a prediction...i gave you one! :devil:

buff4ever
11-25-2008, 12:23 AM
should we go looking for you? :confused:

you wanted a prediction...i gave you one! :devil:

i appreciated that. I did!

Bellville is still acting like they don't know they can win this game w/o Nunn, but I think they can.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 12:28 AM

Bellville is still acting like they don't know they can win this game w/o Nunn, but I think they can. its up to their defense to win this one for them, Sinton offense is geared up and ready.

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 12:29 AM

Bellville is still acting like they don't know they can win this game w/o Nunn, but I think they can. Have you been reading the same posts I have?

I don't think anyone is giving US a shot, and that's okay.

If they had Nunn I'd be a little more worried and I've never even seen the kid play! They have some athletes, but they CAN be beat!

You just want another shot at them, but you'll have to settle for US!! :taunt:

buff4ever
11-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Have you been reading the same posts I have?

I don't think anyone is giving US a shot, and that's okay.

If they had Nunn I'd be a little more worried and I've never even seen the kid play! They have some athletes, but they CAN be beat!

You just want another shot at them, but you'll have to settle for US!! :taunt:

if you beat them, I speak on behalf of giddings we would be honored to get to play you guys in the following week.:)

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 12:36 AM
if you beat them, I speak on behalf of giddings we would be honored to get to play you guys in the following week.:) and if you beat Rio Hondo and it is US you'll be facing we'll be tickled pink to be there! ;)

g'nite

bvillebrahma010
11-25-2008, 12:44 AM
there sure are a lot of "if's" in these posts! if this, if that!

Bull's-eye
11-25-2008, 01:08 AM
:hand: no way Bellville holds Sinton to under 36 points :crazy1:

This season, Bellville has not let anybody score more than 22 points in one game. :thinking:

Sinton has gave up at least 14 points in every game, including 3 games where their opponent scored 26 or more points.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 01:14 AM
it'll be a good test for Bellville to try and stop Sinton offense.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Sinton rotated QBs each series during the season, i didnt see their first playoff game but last game Sinton use the same qb the whole game. Both are good runners and passers but i think one can do one thing better than the other so could be something that Sinton could adjust if needed depending what is working.

Bull's-eye
11-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Sinton rotated QBs each series during the season, i didnt see their first playoff game but last game Sinton use the same qb the whole game. Both are good runners and passers but i think one can do one thing better than the other so could be something that Sinton could adjust if needed depending what is working.

Have they ever seen a middle LB hurdle the center and cream the QB?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 01:43 AM
Have they ever seen a middle LB hurdle the center and cream the QB? Center is 6'2" so he must be a high hurdle trackster if he wants to do that against Sinton offensive line.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 01:45 AM
the only thing i thinking is if they're fast enough to get around them and disrupt the play and it'll be close by what i saw on saturday.

Bull's-eye
11-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Center is 6'2" so he must be a high hurdle trackster if he wants to do that against Sinton offensive line.

Does he stand up to snap the ball? Probably under 4 ft when he's in his stance.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Does he stand up to snap the ball? Probably under 4 ft when he's in his stance. if he gets to the QB he won't go down that easy

Sinton vs Lyford Bi district round (http://www.valleycentral.com/Sports/video.aspx?id=222613)

Sinton vs Pearsall area round (http://www.kristv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=3164514&at1=Promotion%2025&h1=Sinton%2049,%20Pearsall%2014&rnd=64833904)

KingRob
11-25-2008, 04:12 AM
This should be a great game. I'm going with Bellville.

Bellville - 30
Sinton - 20

Good Luck to both teams!

Ranger354
11-25-2008, 08:17 AM
More then half of the poster have picked Bellville to win this one. I guess that is ok since we have been picked to loose most every game we played this year.

I really think Sinton takes this one. Maybe not in a blow out, since any team that is playing at this level is capable of scoring points from any place on the field.

Look at the points that both Pearsall and Lyford scored on Sinton. A combined 28? Look at the games they played this year and the points they scored on the other teams.

Yes, Sinton D has allowed some teams to score. Mostly on big pass plays. But the Sinton D has changed a bit since the regular season personel wise.

Bellville may score a few points, but Sinton takes this one........they just have too many weapons.

teetle
11-25-2008, 09:58 AM
You don't bet against Coach Huey. He know what to do. He got tricks up he sleeve. You cannot beleive anything that he tells you and only halve what you see him do. He will have them Bellville boys ready. Sinton in trouble. They think they gonna win, Huey see to it that theys won't.:bigcry: :bigcry: :eek: :eek:

Bulligator
11-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Here's the current NOAA weather forecast for San Marcos:

Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 62. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to between 15 and 20 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. North wind between 10 and 15 mph.

GREAT FOOTBALL WEATHER!!!

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
there sure are a lot of "if's" in these posts! if this, if that! :doh: well nothing is certain so all anyone should be saying at this point is "IF", but we can change to WE WILL if it'll make you feel better :p

Bull's-eye
11-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Please.....no rain! We had enough in the Wharton playoff game and it made for a sloppy second half of football.

BrahmaMom
11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
The Brahmas and Coach Huey will be ready for the Pirates. They aren't gonna overlook anybody and they'll play every down, every minute to win. I think they are pumped, just hope that rush can last till late Friday night. It should be a good contest between two very good teams with lots of tradition. I can't wait! Glad to hear Nunn's surgery went well; my prayers for a speedy recovery continue.

DDBooger
11-25-2008, 12:39 PM
wish this game was saturday, i'd meet up with you Turkeys!

piratebg
11-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Will there be a radio or web broadcast of this game on Friday? I listened to last weeks game in bed.

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Will there be a radio or web broadcast of this game on Friday? I listened to last weeks game in bed. Probably the same station, but I don't know for sure. Heck, I didn't know until AFTER the fact for last week's broadcast.

Sorry you can't make the game.

piratebg
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Probably the same station, but I don't know for sure. Heck, I didn't know until AFTER the fact for last week's broadcast.

Sorry you can't make the game.

It sucks. I had to pull a couple of favors to be able to take my team to the tournament on Sat/Sun. It pretty much guaranteed I'd have to work Friday. I spent the end of last week and all of last weekend sicker than a dog. I caught some sort of virus that kept my temperature at 104.

Bullaholic
11-25-2008, 01:56 PM
I know nothing about Bellville, other than they have to be a pretty good team to have gotten this far. I think Bellville will probably be slightly favored in this game, but I believe that Sinton is one of those teams who have got a little "magic" working for them this season which seems to get stronger each week. Best of luck to the Pirates and I hope we get to play each other this year---because if we do, it will be in the BIG one.

Bull's-eye
11-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I think Coach Huey is doing an exceptional job of coaching this season. Bellville went to a new defense that was more tailored to the Brahmas team. They don't have a lot of size, but are blessed with an abundance of athletic type linebackers. This new defense allowed them to get all those boys on the field at the same time.

They then take a kid that hasn't played QB since junior high. He started a little rough around the edges, but is quickly becoming quite a field general. The Sealy loss was very painful, but I don't think they would be the team they are today if not for that defeat. The coaches decided to open up the playbook and add a few new wrinkles. Last Saturday, they had to deal with the loss of their star running back. Once again, they adjusted their game plan and found a way to be successful. This team is well coached and has the flexibility to match up with any style of play that they may be presented by their opposition.

teetle
11-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Thats the way Coach Huey is. He ready all the time. He ready for anything. He got some more rabbits to pull out of his hat. Sinton in trouble. Huey don't like Sinton no how. He mad because sathey beat him in a playoff game in the past. He won't let that happen again.:eek: :bigcry: :tongue: :weeping: :eek:

headhunter
11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
I think Bellville is more talented and can run the ball better, I still think Sinton has a great shot but it's hard to pick against the Brahams since they have played a tougher schedule and I think they are used to the game speed being faster than what Sinton has seen.

Bellville 23
Sinton 20

dachosenone
11-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Center is 6'2" so he must be a high hurdle trackster if he wants to do that against Sinton offensive line.

He actually is a sprinter, throws shot put & discus, and qualified for state in power lifting last year. Not to mention his vertical is about 35' and he weighs over 200lbs.

Should be an interesting game with the pirates running empty and one back sets most of the game.

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I think Coach Huey is doing an exceptional job of coaching this season. Bellville went to a new defense that was more tailored to the Brahmas team. They don't have a lot of size, but are blessed with an abundance of athletic type linebackers. This new defense allowed them to get all those boys on the field at the same time.

They then take a kid that hasn't played QB since junior high. He started a little rough around the edges, but is quickly becoming quite a field general. The Sealy loss was very painful, but I don't think they would be the team they are today if not for that defeat. The coaches decided to open up the playbook and add a few new wrinkles. Last Saturday, they had to deal with the loss of their star running back. Once again, they adjusted their game plan and found a way to be successful. This team is well coached and has the flexibility to match up with any style of play that they may be presented by their opposition.

Good stuff.

I really don't know what to tell you guys about Sinton. I can't tell you to look at our record, because the "you haven't played anyone" arguement gets thrown back in our face.

But we were 1-9 last year with the same kids, learning a new system and working under a new coach. They bought into the system, their coach(es) & most importantly EACH OTHER!

I know this phrase/cliche gets thrown around a lot "these boys are playing as a TEAM" and you always wonder, 'well how else would they be playing?', but let's not kid ourselves...most of us have been fans long enough to know that if you get a couple of "it's all about ME" guys on a team...you are headed for trouble!

What our defense lacks in size, they make up for in quickness. I've seen them improve weekly, correcting mistakes and getting stronger & meaner! :D

In order for us to win and/or stay competitive against Bellville we will have to play a flawless game. Yes, SFIA I said it. I'm a homer, but I'm not blind. Bellville is a good team. I think we can take advantage of some of their weaknesses, but WE will have to play our best game.

Neither team is ready for the ride to end, but one of us will lose & one of us will go on. I hope it's us! :D

GO PIRATES!!!

Our guys are playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulder. No one gave them a shot and are still selling them short. They've developed a little swagger. A Pirate swagger!! ARGH!

GO GET 'EM BOYS!!!

FOCUS! EXECUTE! CAPITALIZE!

Oops...forgot to add that I think our Coach & his staff are doing & have done a FANTASTIC job! :2thumbsup

maroonpirate04
11-25-2008, 02:55 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1685/gopiratesvd1.jpg

BrahmaMom
11-25-2008, 04:40 PM
It's fun to go up against fans who believe in their team, as well as a team who plays for each other as well as with each other. Bellville has had it's share of adjustments this year. Bull's-eye laid it out well for us. C'mon Brahmas, let's keep going!!

Ranger354
11-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Did I read something wrong or did Bellville play Wharton in a play off game? They were 3 - 7 ? And it was said that Sinton didn't have a tough schedule...........

Friday is going to be interesting to say the least.

Looks like Gilmer and Garthage (if they meet) will be a shoot out!

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Did I read something wrong or did Bellville play Wharton in a play off game? They were 3 - 7 ? And it was said that Sinton didn't have a tough schedule...........

Looks like Gilmer and Garthage (if they meet) will be a shoot out! that is true...but Wharton was better than their 3-7 record suggested. Lets not kid ourselves....records are not always a fail safe way to compare teams......Celina has had a couple of losses....does that mean they're not every bit as good as say Sinton OR Bellville? Wharton beat Needville convincingly, they beat Brookshire Royal, hung w/ Sweeny and beat 4A playoff team El Campo (who is still playing in 4A I might add) by a score of 26 to 14. Wharton had some athletes, they just need to put it all together and the Tigers would have been dangerous. They were just too hit or miss this season.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 06:08 PM

Looks like Gilmer and Garthage (if they meet) will be a shoot out! :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Good stuff.

I really don't know what to tell you guys about Sinton. I can't tell you to look at our record, because the "you haven't played anyone" arguement gets thrown back in our face.

But we were 1-9 last year with the same kids, learning a new system and working under a new coach. They bought into the system, their coach(es) & most importantly EACH OTHER!

I know this phrase/cliche gets thrown around a lot "these boys are playing as a TEAM" and you always wonder, 'well how else would they be playing?', but let's not kid ourselves...most of us have been fans long enough to know that if you get a couple of "it's all about ME" guys on a team...you are headed for trouble!

What our defense lacks in size, they make up for in quickness. I've seen them improve weekly, correcting mistakes and getting stronger & meaner! :D

In order for us to win and/or stay competitive against Bellville we will have to play a flawless game. Yes, SFIA I said it. I'm a homer, but I'm not blind. Bellville is a good team. I think we can take advantage of some of their weaknesses, but WE will have to play our best game.

Neither team is ready for the ride to end, but one of us will lose & one of us will go on. I hope it's us! :D

GO PIRATES!!!

Our guys are playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulder. No one gave them a shot and are still selling them short. They've developed a little swagger. A Pirate swagger!! ARGH!

GO GET 'EM BOYS!!!

FOCUS! EXECUTE! CAPITALIZE!

Oops...forgot to add that I think our Coach & his staff are doing & have done a FANTASTIC job! :2thumbsup Sinton has been playing a near flawless games in the playoffs. During the season it wasnt as flawless so if they can continue to stay focus they should see the results on the field.

Footballhudini
11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
good luck sinton
you're going to need it. :) :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Pep Rally entrance (http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf4085yq8.flv)

Alma mater (http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf4087oz4.flv )

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
good luck sinton
you're going to need it. :) :D thanks hudini :) :p

Reds fan
11-25-2008, 06:29 PM

Looks like Gilmer and Garthage (if they meet) will be a shoot out!

Neither school needs to defend their schedules....but to be clear Bellville did not schedule Wharton, they played them in the first round as a result of winning D25 and Bellville took care of business.

Bull's-eye
11-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Neither school needs to defend their schedules....but to be clear Bellville did not schedule Wharton, they played them in the first round as a result of winning D25 and Bellville took care of business.

Agree, sometimes it's the luck of the draw. I'm thankful that we are not in R3, there are some very good teams that will be staying home when they crown their winner. IMO, Giddings got an easier path through the R4 playoffs, even though they were the 2nd place team. Bellville did get a 3-7 Wharton, but La Vernia & Sinton are much tougher than anything the Buffs had to play. This is my opinion, but I think most posters would agree.

Ranger354
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I guess you can look at it any way you want.

Pearsall had to play BYE to make it to the next round. They are always tough. lol

Lets just hope that everyone (players, coaches, refs, and fans) make it to the game and home safe.

Reds fan
11-25-2008, 08:05 PM
I guess you can look at it any way you want.

Pearsall had to play BYE to make it to the next round. They are always tough. lol

Lets just hope that everyone (players, coaches, refs, and fans) make it to the game and home safe.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely!

sinton66
11-25-2008, 08:21 PM
GO PIRATES!!!!

buff4ever
11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Agree, sometimes it's the luck of the draw. I'm thankful that we are not in R3, there are some very good teams that will be staying home when they crown their winner. IMO, Giddings got an easier path through the R4 playoffs, even though they were the 2nd place team. Bellville did get a 3-7 Wharton, but La Vernia & Sinton are much tougher than anything the Buffs had to play. This is my opinion, but I think most posters would agree.

We are happy with ours so far bullseye, sweeny was the undefeated district champion, I will give you la vernia over yoakum, but we had already beat la vernia so that worked out right???

Now this weeks opponents are very equal in either power rating system you look at. WOS87's or Massey's. So, I can tell you this b/c I like you. Get over it. The only hurdle you guys have had is losing Nunn. If Rio Hondo and Sinton were playing, I would actually vote for Rio Hondo, maybe that is just b/c that is who we are playing though. Their offense seems to be better than Sinton's, but Sinton's defense seems to be better. It is a dang near toss up in my book.

Let's go beat em both and enjoy a good ole rematch?:D

rancher
11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
As I have said before, Sinton has not seen the quickness and speed as Bellville will have on defense. Hands down has to be the quickness and agressive in the state in 3A. Can anyone tell me how many off the Freshman team are on the team for the playoffs. Still would like to see the Reese twins run the ball. They are so quick and make you see double on every play. Will be there Friday to watch the win.

Brahma84
11-25-2008, 09:52 PM
There were no Freshman added this year, unlike past years. There were 48 on the regular season roster and they only moved up 12 extras for the playoffs. They wanted to carry 60.

sinfan75
11-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by rancher
As I have said before, Sinton has not seen the quickness and speed as Bellville will have on defense. Hands down has to be the quickness and agressive in the state in 3A. Can anyone tell me how many off the Freshman team are on the team for the playoffs. Still would like to see the Reese twins run the ball. They are so quick and make you see double on every play. Will be there Friday to watch the win. Well that's kinda crazy to say seeing how they went up against Cuero last year. I know that was last year but these are the same kids that played last year so they've seen pretty much alot. Fast teams big teams whatever. And food for thought. Sinton ain't exactly slow.

SintonFan
11-25-2008, 10:22 PM
They correctly predicted 9 of the Bellville wins. They were wrong on the Caldwell, Livingston & Sealy games. Caldwell was Bellville's first game and they predicted us to lose. Bellville was coming off a 5-5 season, so our power rating was quite low. We won that game and then defeated 4A Livingston, who went several rounds in last year's playoffs. Bellville let a 21-7 lead vanish against Sealy or they would of been 100% from week 2 and on.

Massey has correctly picked the last 8 Sinton games. They only missed games 1 & 3, but have peen perfect since game 4. They are predicting Bellville over Sinton, let's hope they are right. :)
Since Massey was wrong about 25% of the time then my Pirates could conceivably win this game?:p :D
I think since Sinton had a much worse year last year than yall they started much lower than you good folks in the Massey Ratings. I know this game will be a great game though.
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
11-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Well that's kinda crazy to say seeing how they went up against Cuero last year. I know that was last year but these are the same kids that played last year so they've seen pretty much alot. Fast teams big teams whatever. And food for thought. Sinton ain't exactly slow.

Dangit 75, we didn't want them to know that.:D

sinfan75
11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry sounded like a GP83 post so I had to say something.:D

sinton66
11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Sorry sounded like a GP83 post so I had to say something.:D

Ha Ha! THAT I understand perfectly.:D

martwayne
11-25-2008, 11:27 PM
just think bellville fans, if it weren't for ike, and the cancellation of yalls game with navasota, yall would be ten and two going into this game, but the records dont count bellvillle will win this game hands down. good luck bellville.

bellville 35
sinton 20

Bull's-eye
11-25-2008, 11:28 PM
We are happy with ours so far bullseye, sweeny was the undefeated district champion, I will give you la vernia over yoakum, but we had already beat la vernia so that worked out right???

Let's go beat em both and enjoy a good ole rematch?:D

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. La Vernia was a top 20 team and had recently defeated Cuero. After seeing what Cuero did to Sealy, I had my doubts if Bellville could come out on top. One of your coaches told me he didn't think Bellville or Giddings could now defeat LV. He said in your game, LV suffered 5 turnovers and things just kind of snowballed. My point was to another poster who questioned Bellviile having it easy because they started out playing Wharton. Sinton has defeated their last couple of opponents by huge margins, more than any of the experts were predicting. They could be much higher in the polls, but they started very low because of their previous record. Bellville had earlier defeated Sweeny and that was when they still had their stud RB.

dachosenone
11-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by martwayne
just think bellville fans, if it weren't for ike, and the cancellation of yalls game with navasota, yall would be ten and two going into this game.

I really think thats easier said then done as the Rattlers struggled to beat a 5-5 2007 Brahma team.

martwayne
11-26-2008, 12:19 AM
last year duh? i'm in this year where u at?

dachosenone
11-26-2008, 12:23 AM
If you were paying attention I was speaking of the teams this year but making a reference to last years game. The teams haven't changed much, so whats your point. I have had this discussion with your other buddies.

I know we would beat you guys with the pass rush that our kids have been producing.

martwayne
11-26-2008, 12:26 AM
the teams have changed, they added a year experince. plus last years game yall did have us but we came back and beat yall by like 13, right? so in my book a win is a win

pirate4state
11-26-2008, 10:01 AM
After watching some film (La Grange) and watching yall Saturday (La Vernia) "live" -- your defense is very fast. Even when you made a "mistake" it didn't hurt you too much because of your speed. :(

I'm gonna take the Phil C approach....WE ARE DOOMED! :(

Nah, I still think we can beat yall!!!

I also saw why/how rancher could be so critical of some of your players. :thinking:

Bull's-eye
11-26-2008, 10:18 AM
After watching some film (La Grange) and watching yall Saturday (La Vernia) "live" -- your defense is very fast. Even when you made a "mistake" it didn't hurt you too much because of your speed.

Did you see #36 hurdle the center? In that game, the Bellville defense made 2 glaring mistakes. One was when the DB bit on a hook-n-go with time running out in the first half. Should of kept everything in front of him and prevented the long score.

pirate4state
11-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Did you see #36 hurdle the center? In that game, the Bellville defense made 2 glaring mistakes. One was when the DB bit on a hook-n-go with time running out in the first half. Should of kept everything in front of him and prevented the long score.

Yes I did...he's amazing. Our line is better than La Grange's though. :p

wimbo_pro
11-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Prediction: Sinton goes down in flames in this lopsided victory for Bellville.

42-21.

Bull's-eye
11-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Our line is better than La Grange's though. :p

La Grange's line looked very good against Hamshire-Fannett, a team with some incredible size. To hold off the Bellville rush, an offensive line must work together as a unit or they will have trouble picking up the different blitzes.