HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2008, 07:24 PM
7:30 Friday, Round Rock

augie97
11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Let's go Rattlers! Represent D-24! Good luck

t-bird
11-22-2008, 07:42 PM
I think Navasota can win, but I honestly don't think they will if they play like they did against Silsbee. La Vega is a tough team, and Navasota is going have to play them tough. I also could see this game getting into a shootout as well...We'll see...

Navasota 42 La Vega 38

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Good Luck Rattlers;)

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by t-bird
I think Navasota can win, but I honestly don't think they will if they play like they did against Silsbee. La Vega is a tough team, and Navasota is going have to play them tough. I also could see this game getting into a shootout as well...We'll see...

Navasota 42 La Vega 38

100% Agree. La Vega scares the hell out of me!! Navasota was coming of a bye week against Silsbee and it showed at times. We will get cushed by the Pirates if we come out flat. Hopefully my boys can proove me wrong in this one and play up to their ability.

Go Snakes!

Flypattern
11-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Which stadium? Round Rock ISD?

navscanmaster
11-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Hopefully, Navasota's defense will step it up against a team that runs well. I agree with the shootout prediction. I think the Rattlers can play well, as they haven't been turning the ball over much and are limiting penalties, enough to beat La Vega. I don't entirely agree with the stuff going on in La Vega lately, but you have to beat the team you line up against, no matter who is in the lineup. Rattlers 48, Pirates 42.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Flypattern
Which stadium? Round Rock ISD?

Not sure...I was told the "Palace"..Assuming it is the new stadium.

navscanmaster
11-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Not sure...I was told the "Palace"..Assuming it is the new stadium.
That would be Round Rock ISD Stadium, aka "the Palace at Parmer." It is on west Parmer Lane, about 8-10 miles from where I lived for a few years when I was a kid.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
That would be Round Rock ISD Stadium, aka "the Palace at Parmer." It is on west Parmer Lane, about 8-10 miles from where I lived for a few years when I was a kid.

Thanks;)

jambo67
11-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Whoever is in the best shape wins this one. It's gonna be one of those good ol' fashioned street fights that end up in the ditch because neither side will give up. The trainers need to fill up all the coolers with gatorade, bring lots of ankle tape and handout every pad known to the football world.

bigYoe
11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Navasota will be prepared and i think this one will be a close good game. Good luck Rattlers and represent D24 well.

martwayne
11-22-2008, 11:36 PM
i've been following the rattlers to every game since last year and i know exactly what they are capable of doing, but yes la vega is a very good football team and capable of putting alot of points on the board also. if my rattlers come out and play and complete game on both sides of the ball they should prevale. lets go rattlers this is ya'lls season to go all the way and win the entire thing.

Navasota 45
La Vega 38

LOVE THEM RATTLERS!!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 11:37 PM
After broadcasting the La Vega game today my prediction is

The losing team will score at least 40 points

La Vega offense WOW

Run defense not so much as Tucker was a STUD for CH and he was all they had

JR2004
11-22-2008, 11:39 PM
MODOC MODOC MODOC MODOC!!!!!!!!!! Just two more to go for a shot to play for a state title!! I saw enough out of them earlier this year against Crockett to think they could win a state title without Parr out there. With him back, that's a whole other dimension they now bring to the table with their running game. Hope they find a way to pull this one out against a pretty darn good team.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
MODOC MODOC MODOC MODOC!!!!!!!!!! Just two more to go for a shot to play for a state title!! I saw enough out of them earlier this year against Crockett to think they could win a state title without Parr out there. With him back, that's a whole other dimension they now bring to the table with their running game. Hope they find a way to pull this one out against a pretty darn good team.

I love the difference in what u thought and Grant thought after that game...he came back saying La Vega would NOT win state because they had no explosion w/o Parr

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Rattlers win IF they can contain Chris Parr...he was pretty awesome today against Chapel Hill...

bigYoe
11-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Is Parr a Senior? I do believe i remember seeing him when they beat us last year in the playoffs.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Rattlers win IF they can contain Chris Parr...he was pretty awesome today against Chapel Hill...

Yes, that will biggest part. LV played really well without Parr meaning they must have one heck of a defense and/or some other great running back. According to the Waco Tribune, I see that Chapel Hill only threw the ball 3 times. Is that correct? Navasota will throw 10x's that many along with running Pratt and Jones. This game should be fun.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Yes, that will biggest part. LV played really well without Parr meaning they must have one heck of a defense and/or some other great running back. According to the Waco Tribune, I see that Chapel Hill only threw the ball 3 times. Is that correct? Navasota will throw 10x's that many along with running Pratt and Jones. This game should be fun.

no CH threw it more than 3 times..they threw like 4 ints

BUT..they dropped two SURE TDS when they still had a hades chance of coming back

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no CH threw it more than 3 times..they threw like 4 ints

BUT..they dropped two SURE TDS when they still had a hades chance of coming back

Ok, thanks.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Ok, thanks.

but CH was not a throwing team..basically alot like La Vega..use the run to set up play action pass and try to hit the big one

Modoc
11-23-2008, 12:10 AM
LV by 14. Chris Parr and Chad Ward are going to be hard to stop.

bigYoe
11-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Modoc
LV by 14. Chris Parr and Chad Ward are going to be hard to stop.

obviously you havenst seen Navasota's Offense NOR Defense. Their defense is scary when they're on fire and their offense is even mover scary when they're on fire. Navasota in a close one

JR2004
11-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I love the difference in what u thought and Grant thought after that game...he came back saying La Vega would NOT win state because they had no explosion w/o Parr

I know what Grant thought about MODOC. We talked about it when we were at the game. My contention was it was MODOC's homecoming game when they played Crockett. Those kids couldn't have been less interested in the game. I've seen so many teams play like that for homecoming over the years. MODOC is good enough defensively with or without Parr to be a state championship contender due to their defense.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2008, 12:17 AM
I know what Grant thought about MODOC. We talked about it when we were at the game. My contention was it was MODOC's homecoming game when they played Crockett. Those kids couldn't have been less interested in the game. I've seen so many teams play like that for homecoming over the years. MODOC is good enough defensively with or without Parr to be a state championship contender due to their defense.

TODAY's game I was not overly impressed with their D..yes it was fast, but Tucker from CH tore them up and he was the only real threat for CH

now I can see how their D would be good agianst a spread team because of the speed of the MODOC D, but agianst a power run team at least today, they struggled

JR2004
11-23-2008, 05:28 AM
TODAY's game I was not overly impressed with their D..yes it was fast, but Tucker from CH tore them up and he was the only real threat for CH

now I can see how their D would be good agianst a spread team because of the speed of the MODOC D, but agianst a power run team at least today, they struggled

Knowing MODOC's DC from his days in Gatesville I'd be willing to bet he didn't do a whole lot other than run a pretty simple defense in what was a completely one-sided blowout yesterday. I'm sure he was content to let that kid from CH get his yards, but it doesn't matter if the majority of it is coming between the 20's. There's no reason to show your next opponent a whole heckuva lot about your scheme if you don't have to. When they played Crockett he didn't show much either, but again he really didn't have to do much else besides run their base defense that night.

I'm fairly certain Coach Hyde is working on a few new wrinkles for what Navasota (just as I'm certain that Navasota's DC is doing the same thing in adding some stuff that will try and take away Parr's effectiveness) will be bringing to the table. Whether they'll stop them or not I don't know, but they'll at least be well prepared for Navasota's ridiculously good offense.

ccmom
11-23-2008, 08:27 AM

That's not always the case with homecoming games, though. Wylie's 2008 Homecoming Game was a dandy.....I'm sure you remember it, right?;)

All kidding aside, LaVega is a force and though I have not had a chance to see the Rattlers in person, I have no doubt that this will be a heck of game on both sides. Good luck to all!:)

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Is Parr a Senior? I do believe i remember seeing him when they beat us last year in the playoffs.

Parr is a Junior.
I will have to go with LaVega. Chad Ward is very good RB. With Chris Parr and Ward in same backfield, they have just been elevated to another level. This is not the first time that LV has had a loaded backfield. It will come down to other "intangibles".

RanchRadio
11-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Thoughts? Any idea where it's going to be?

bp80884
11-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Parr is a Junior.
I will have to go with LaVega. Chad Ward is very good RB. With Chris Parr and Ward in same backfield, they have just been elevated to another level. This is not the first time that LV has had a loaded backfield. It will come down to other "intangibles".

They had a loaded backfield last year and the only name back there was "Parr". If you remember, he teamed up with his brother Kourtney last year and they ran all over us (China Spring) in both games last year.

They will be tough!

bigYoe
11-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I honestly believe Waco ISD Stadium would be a good choice for both of these teams, especially with the replay board. I know its in Waco but that would be a good spot IMO.

bp80884
11-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Should be a great game. This will tell us if Navasota and/or La Vega is for real.

I am rooting for La Vega simply because I would love to play La Vega down the road if all works itself out.

Go Cougars!

gobbler grad
11-23-2008, 12:44 PM
hard game to call here...:thinking: haven't seen the Rattlers play yet, and just listening yesterday to LaVega, that running back is pretty awesome...Navasota has a good defense that stops him...

Navasota--42
LaVega ----34

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2008, 01:37 PM
can we merge this thread along with the other thread that was already started?

t-bird
11-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I must say...If there was ever a year that Navasota had great chance at winning state, I think this would be the year.

R3Editor
11-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
Should be a great game. This will tell us if Navasota and/or La Vega is for real.

I think both teams are top ten material. One beating the other will not tell us whether they are "for real." It is like Texas Tech losing to Oklahoma last night. I already know that Tech is "for real" because of what they have done up to this point. Catching Oklahoma in Norman without a good game plan does not mean they are overrated. Matchups, matchups, matchups.

bp80884
11-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by R3Editor
I think both teams are top ten material. One beating the other will not tell us whether they are "for real." It is like Texas Tech losing to Oklahoma last night. I already know that Tech is "for real" because of what they have done up to this point. Catching Oklahoma in Norman without a good game plan does not mean they are overrated. Matchups, matchups, matchups.

What I mean by "for real" is who is going to come out on top and if the La Vega offense can put up the same type of numbers against the Navasota D.

Not meaning to take anything away from either team by the comment, sorry if it was taken in that context.

navscanmaster
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I must say...If there was ever a year that Navasota had great chance at winning state, I think this would be the year.

La Vega, Cuero, Abilene Wylie and China Spring might all have something to say about that. Including Navasota, I think they are all capable of beating each other on any given night. I just hope Navasota always comes ready to play whatever night that may be.

GreenMachine
11-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Go Rattlers'. Put it on LaVega.

t-bird
11-23-2008, 06:52 PM
La Vega, Cuero, Abilene Wylie and China Spring might all have something to say about that. Including Navasota, I think they are all capable of beating each other on any given night. I just hope Navasota always comes ready to play whatever night that may be.

But from a Rattler point of view is what I'm saying.

navscanmaster
11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
But from a Rattler point of view is what I'm saying.
Agreed. Though I will not steal Brownwoo's line: "we feel good about our chances." That one did not turn out very good.:thinking: :devil:

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I see that many have picked Navasota to win this games, but not too many have commented on why they feel this way? I know this is just a poll of one's opinion; however, I haven't seen La Vega play this season and I would love for some more thoughts about the game. Why do so many feel that the Rattlers will win? In Navasota's game against Cameron Yoe, the poll was much closer. I know alot has happened at La Vega with Parr coming back. Is this influencing the poll?

buff4ever
11-23-2008, 10:22 PM
I think that the rattlers are good enough to win this game. I take them by 10.

t-bird
11-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I think that the rattlers are good enough to win this game. I take them by 10.

How is Giddings doing in the playoffs?

Footballhudini
11-24-2008, 03:39 AM
WOW
I mean...
the majority of voters is picking navasota
is this weird, only to me?

Footballhudini
11-24-2008, 03:40 AM
is = are
alcohol = drunk hudini
sry

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 04:18 AM

Navasota 42 La Vega 38 From what I've seen (read) on Navasota this year, and I've tried to follow them somewhat closely...it seems they tend to play "just out of reach" of their opponents. Not so much "play down to their level"...but more....play JUST hard enough to get the win. I think you're right....the Rattlers are gonna have to play petal to the metal...but I think they will be up to the challenge.

cameron91
11-24-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm given the edge to La Vega..both teams is well coached and focus , but this La Vega team as a whole has more playoff experience then Navasota.

La Vega - 28

Navasota - 14

PVAMU04
11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
This one is going to be a dog fight to the end! Navasota is going to have to be on top of their game to win this one and the same vice versa for La Vega! Both teams have a offenese that can score from anywhere on the field and that has been proven all year from both. This is going to come down to which team can take care of the ball, not make mistakes, and execute what they do the best! I don't think it will be shootout as many are saying I think this one is real close all way to the end with the Rattlers win by a field goal in OT! An yes I said field goal and I know that sounds funny being that both teams score as many points, but I just special teams being the difference in the game of very talented ball clubs! Lets Go Rattlers!!

Ratttlers 24

LaVega 21

t-bird
11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
GO RATTLERS!!!

Bearkat
11-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Navasota has a very explosive offense but their defense struggles against the pass. Their corners are very physical and can tackle. If La Vega can run between the tackles and throw the ball they will win. If not, Navasota will move on to the next round.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Navasota has a very explosive offense but their defense struggles against the pass. Their corners are very physical and can tackle. If La Vega can run between the tackles and throw the ball they will win. If not, Navasota will move on to the next round.

Bingo, you are absolutely right. Some times I wonder if the Rattlers' corners are watching the same game that we are watching. :confused:

JR2004
11-24-2008, 06:11 PM
I see that many have picked Navasota to win this games, but not too many have commented on why they feel this way? I know this is just a poll of one's opinion; however, I haven't seen La Vega play this season and I would love for some more thoughts about the game. Why do so many feel that the Rattlers will win? In Navasota's game against Cameron Yoe, the poll was much closer. I know alot has happened at La Vega with Parr coming back. Is this influencing the poll?

Some people voting think Navasota will win because they believe they are the better team.

Others, the holier than thou crowd, are voting for Navasota because of Parr being back on the team and because of the Lorena game. In their neck of the woods, let's call it the land of milk and honey where everyday ends with a rainbow, Parr would've never, ever have been allowed back inside the city limits, much less the local high school team. In milk and honey country their coach has ethics, morals, a sense of God and Country and all that good stuff that would've kept him from letting Parr come back. MODOC's head coach, Willie Williams, has to be the great satan for allowing Parr to come back.

I voted for MODOC and would've done so even if they didn't have Parr back. I think it'll be close and it wouldn't shock me to see Navasota win, but I'm sticking with MODOC.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Some people voting think Navasota will win because they believe they are the better team.

Others, the holier than thou crowd, are voting for Navasota because of Parr being back on the team and because of the Lorena game. In their neck of the woods, let's call it the land of milk and honey where everyday ends with a rainbow, Parr would've never, ever been allowed back inside the city limits, much less the local high school team. In milk and honey country their coach has ethics, morals, a sense of God and Country and all that good stuff that would've kept him from letting Parr come back. MODOC's head coach, Willie Williams, has to be the great satan for allowing Parr to come back.

I voted for MODOC and would've done so even if they didn't have Parr back. I think it'll be close and it wouldn't shock me to see Navasota win, but I'm sticking with MODOC.

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to assume anything. I'm sure that alot of the votes for Navasota are because of the Parr situation and the Lorena game, although I do feel that Navasota will compete and possibly beat La Vega.

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 06:18 PM
HEMO!! those Rattlers gonna be ready?!

GO RATTLERS!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
HEMO!! those Rattlers gonna be ready?!

GO RATTLERS!!!

Hey, Im sure that they will.

jambo67
11-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I haven't watched Navasota play a single down this year and i've only watched Le Vaga for one game. But having watched Ennis play 6 regular season games plus 2 playoff games I'd be concerned if we had the Modoc Pirates this week. The talent difference between 3A and 4A aint much; if any, and Navasota could possibly beat the stuffing out of any 4A playoff team for all I know. But the Le Vaga team I saw could make a serious run in any division in 4A.

jambo67
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Prediction. Le Vaga wins this one with ease they will go on to win the DI Championship. It will be so convincing that no one in DII will even question whether or not Le Vaga threw a game to get in DI, the DII Champ will be gratefull. Le Vaga would be a champion either way.

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Prediction. Le Vaga wins this one with ease they will go on to win the DI Championship. It will be so convincing that no one in DII will even question whether or not Le Vaga threw a game to get in DI, the DII Champ will be gratefull. Le Vaga would be a champion either way.
:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

K-MAC Chuck
11-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Any broadcast on this one?
Looking to set up/possibly get updates if possible..

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow we just might as well not play this weekend after that.

t-bird
11-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Any broadcast on this one?
Looking to set up/possibly get updates if possible..

Navasota 1550 AM always brodcasts every Navasota game.

zebrablue2
11-24-2008, 10:39 PM
go get um RATTLERS. best of luck to you all...

striker
11-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Navasota 1550 AM always brodcasts every Navasota game.

All Rattler games are carried LIVE ONLINE at www.navasotanews.com

coachc45
11-24-2008, 11:55 PM
I've seen both teams play this year and to be honest I was not that impressed with Navasota. Yeah they had some good athletes and the Pratt kid is a beast, but defensively they were very suspect.

LaVega on the other hand had zero weaknesses. While Parr is an exceptional back, the difference makers on this team are the monsters they have up front on both sides of the ball. The o-line is freaking huge!!! Number 99 on defense is scary! His buddy 98 ain't nothing to look forward to.

I am not a homer at all, not from anywhere near either team. But after watching LaVega on film..... I think they may be the best 3A team I've seen in the last 10 years.

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2008, 12:10 AM
d
Originally posted by coachc45
I've seen both teams play this year and to be honest I was not that impressed with Navasota. Yeah they had some good athletes and the Pratt kid is a beast, but defensively they were very suspect.

LaVega on the other hand had zero weaknesses. While Parr is an exceptional back, the difference makers on this team are the monsters they have up front on both sides of the ball. The o-line is freaking huge!!! Number 99 on defense is scary! His buddy 98 ain't nothing to look forward to.

I am not a homer at all, not from anywhere near either team. But after watching LaVega on film..... I think they may be the best 3A team I've seen in the last 10 years.

Great input. However, La Vega must have some weaknesses for them to be a 2 lost team. Yes, I know that they probably would have beaten Lorena if they would have played their starters. But, there is always , always room for improvement.

I do agree with you that Navasota's defense may be suspect, especially to the pass. After seeing the Rattlers shut down Caldwell in the second half, I saw first had what the defense is capable of doing. Now, the passing defense is suspect and will have to pick it up if they are to win on Friday. Im referencing Caldwell because the Hornets have always given Navasota trouble and the Hornets averaged almost 500 yards a game. Navasota held them to 0 points in the second half until the last 30 seconds of the ball game.

navscanmaster
11-25-2008, 12:17 AM

Maybe just a home away from homer!:D :D

La Vega does have some weaknesses. Their defense is far from perfect, as is Navasota's. They are a lot like Navasota in that on offense, they can get in a play calling/execution funk for periods of time before lighting it up again. I think these two teams are pretty evenly matched.

venomous tat2
11-25-2008, 01:31 AM

Don't bet the farm on it big boy. You haven't seen the rattlers , but you will .

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Prediction. Le Vaga wins this one with ease they will go on to win the DI Championship. It will be so convincing that no one in DII will even question whether or not Le Vaga threw a game to get in DI, the DII Champ will be gratefull. Le Vaga would be a champion either way. hey Jambo, Miss Cleo called.....but you can see the future too...so you probably already know what she wanted. :D :rolleyes:

KingRob
11-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Man, this is gonna be one good game. I dunno why, but I gotta feeling that LV is going to win in a very close game.

La Vega - 35
Navasota - 31

Good Luck to both teams!

OldBison75
11-25-2008, 08:52 AM
The Navasota Rattlers have played this whole year with a single goal in mind. Face each week's opponent and win. They have showed signs of brilliance and had periods where they were kinda flat. The defense has had good games, good quarters, and some breakdowns during games. The offense has put up alot of points and seems able to score on anyone. Through the hurricane, when they could not even practice with comfort because of the whole town not having power to cook, see, or anything, they hung together and stayed prepared. In the first game back, they played well but not near to what they could have, but still won handily. The next week they played Sealy, at the time highly ranked, and were dominant.

After they bye week, the Rattlers came out kinda rusty against Silsbee. The pure ability of the offense was enough to control the game flow. The run defense was outstanding but there were some coverage breakdowns in the secondary. Alot of that can be attributed to the scrambling ability of the Silsbee QB. He was able to scramble for a long time, all over the field, giving his receivers alot of time to find openings. He also completed a few prayer passes that were up for grabs and his receivers outfought the Rattler secondary.

I guarantee you that there is no chance the LaVega pass game will have that kind of success. If the Rattler run defense plays with the focus they had against Sealy and Silsbee, they will be good enough to limit the damage from Parr and Ward.

I don't see the LaVega defense stopping the Rattler multiple attack. Too many weapons and too much diversity for any team to stop all weapons. If you stop Pratt, then Stokes makes you pay on the ground. If you stop the passing game and clamp on Jackson and Lamascus, then Harris and Pratt will eat you up. Remember, Pratt is a very good receiver and even though he hasn't been used much this year, he can hurt you in the passing game. Navasota has not come close to opening the whole playbook yet. And, I've seen alot of talk about the size of the LaVega lineman, well Navasota ain't small. They average well over 200 lbs per man and have a future Division 1 pick in Calhoun that is about 6'6" and 300 pounds. When he wants to exert himself, he dominates his side of the ball.

This will be a good game, both sides have the ability to win big games, but my pick is with the Rattlers. I think the state see the Rattlers put together a full game this week, when it counts. Navasota 35
LaVega 14.

cameron91
11-25-2008, 11:02 AM
I dunno why people think La Vega is just going to lay down for navasota.For some of these prediction is off the chain.I know their just opions , but please lay off the tater water.All due respect for Navasota and D-24, but navasota hasn't face a team yet like La Vega.So you can't compair who you played to who you're gettin ready to play. now the three big games in d-24 that navasota played ( rock,well,yoe). out of those three , you only laid wood to cameron.. every thing yall have la vega has already seen before , but what la vega has you haven't seen or touched.so get your popkorn ready , because dem WACO Boys is coming to town.

CHS_89
11-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Give me the Rattlers in a close one!

PVAMU04
11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by cameron91
I dunno why people think La Vega is just going to lay down for navasota.For some of these prediction is off the chain.I know their just opions , but please lay off the tater water.All due respect for Navasota and D-24, but navasota hasn't face a team yet like La Vega.So you can't compair who you played to who you're gettin ready to play. now the three big games in d-24 that navasota played ( rock,well,yoe). out of those three , you only laid wood to cameron.. every thing yall have la vega has already seen before , but what la vega has you haven't seen or touched.so get your popkorn ready , because dem WACO Boys is coming to town.

The may have not seen what LaVega has in the three games that you are talking about but LaVega has not seen what Navasota has either because no matter who they have played they have not seen complete team that is focused and won't be intimidated by LaVega! Yes they are big but Navasota ain't small either! But I will stick with my earlier prediction that this game comes down to special team in OT with the Rattlers winning by a field goal!

cameron91
11-25-2008, 11:35 AM
we're talking about the same vega team that knocked off WSO out of the playoff last year. with basically the same team you're getting ready to play friday night.. so they've seen your team speed and size.this team has faced better compition in the last two years that yall have period.

when it come to passing tell me what 3a team put up more yards in the air then China Springs.your air attack doesn't even compair to the china kats.

like i said ,they 've seen everything you're bringing to the table , but have yall seen what they will be bring to the table.

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
we're talking about the same vega team that knocked off WSO out of the playoff last year. with basically the same team you're getting ready to play friday night.. so they've seen your team speed and size.this team has faced better compition in the last two years that yall have period.

when it come to passing tell me what 3a team put up more yards in the air then China Springs.your air attack doesn't even compair to the china kats.

like i said ,they 've seen everything you're bringing to the table , but have yall seen what they will be bring to the table.

Blah, Blah, Blah. Games are all about matchups! We will see what happends on Friday. Sure China Spring's passing game may be "better" than the Rattlers'. Sure WO-S has a "better" running game. But, what do you get when you combine a running attack with a passing attack? NAVASOTA.

garciap77
11-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Man, this is gonna be one good game. I dunno why, but I gotta feeling that LV is going to win in a very close game.

La Vega - 35
Navasota - 31

Good Luck to both teams!

:ditto:

GreenMachine
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Big linemen doesn't necessarily = good linemen. Liberty Hill has won multiple championships and I can't remember their line being huge. I'll take a 230 pound lineman, with good technique over a huge lineman that just "gets in the way". Not saying that is what Waco LV has, just stating an opinion ;)

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Karma has been waiting on La Vega for the stunt they pulled to get in D1 and I think Navasota is just the team to deliver it.

Navasota by 2 tds.

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah I said it:rolleyes: :D

Bearkat
11-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Karma has been waiting on La Vega for the stunt they pulled to get in D1 and I think Navasota is just the team to deliver it.

What did La Vega do?

headhunter
11-25-2008, 02:16 PM
LaVega must win it all or the coach looks like a dumb -$$ for throwing a game to get into a different bracket and not being able to win his region. The only way he will not catch crap is if he wins it all.

Navasota probably did not have their most dominating preformance last week by allowing 33 points, but I will say that was due to being off for 14 days and they should be ready to go in this one. The only thing is Navasota CAN NOT come out flat, it will be hard to come from behind on a LaVega team if they can establish their run game. Navasota needs to make LaVega get out of their usual 5 to 7 yard runs on 1st down and force them into 3rd and longs. Defense will win this one, both teams will punt way more then they are used to so that is why I say special teams is the deciding factor, either a punt return or a block punt will swing the momentum and carry the team who make the BIG play to victory.

Navastoa 27
La Vega 23

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Well to answer someone's previous question about why people think Navasota will win......

I'll take Navasota in a fairly high scoring game because of the dynamic offense the rattlers run out onto the field.

I think LaVega will have their hands full with Pratt, and Stokes is going to light it up with Jackson/Lamascus combo.

D is good enough to stop LaVega enough times, or hold them to FG's.

I'll take the Rattlers by a score of 37-31.

Good luck Navasota!!! :) :clap:

Raider Red
11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I wonder how much longer uninformed people are going to perpetuate that "throwing the game" stuff. That particular game was 14-13 with 5 minutes to go in the game and coulld have been won by either team. La Vega did not care what division it went into but wanted to go in healthy. I have heard that "stuff" about being afraid of Gilmer, WS-O, etc. Gilmer beat CH 35-7 and La Vega beat them 56-8. Played W0-S last year and beat them. That story was started by "sour grapes" fans from team that did not handle their own business. If La Vega had lost their QB or other starter(s) in a game that meant nothing to them, now that would have been unfair to the team and community. Division I and II have pleenty of quality opponents and it makes no difference which division you are in, you better bring your "A" game or go home.

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I never believed that mess in the first place.

I think if a star player would have gotten hurt in an effort to win that game, then the same people would have been on here saying the coach should have rested them and that it was a meaningless game.

:hand:

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Not buying it. La Vega should have done enough to win the game and then pulled their starters. Period. I don’t blame the kids, the fans or the La Vega poster on here, but what the coach did was chickensh#%. Besides the starters probably wouldn’t have had to play more than 1 quarter.

And if La Vega does win the championship it will always be just a little marred by how they got into D1. Which really sucks for the kids.
Please don’t tell me I have sour grapes, I’m form Liberty Hill and don’t have anything to be sour about. I’m just stating my opinion

Sorry didn’t mean to open up a can of worms, but I’m just saying…...

Bearkat
11-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe I'm not on the same page as everyone else, but I don't understand this at all. Division I and Division II are not selected by wins and losses. Going big school (Division I) or small school (Division II) has to do with a school's enrollment. The largest school in the district (enrollment wise) that makes the playoffs will go Division I. The other two playoff teams will go Division II.

For instance, take district 21-3A. West Orange-Stark won the district title, Silsbee came in 2nd, and Hardin-Jefferson came in 3rd. Silsbee went Division I because they had the largest enrollment in the district. WOS and HJ went Division II.

With that being said, La Vega made the playoffs and went Division I due to their enrollment being larger than the other two schools to make the playoffs out of that district.

JR2004
11-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Not buying it. La Vega should have done enough to win the game and then pulled their starters. Period. I don’t blame the kids, the fans or the La Vega poster on here, but what the coach did was chickensh#%. Besides the starters probably wouldn’t have had to play more than 1 quarter.

And if La Vega does win the championship it will always be just a little marred by how they got into D1. Which really sucks for the kids.
Please don’t tell me I have sour grapes, I’m form Liberty Hill and don’t have anything to be sour about. I’m just stating my opinion

Sorry didn’t mean to open up a can of worms, but I’m just saying…...

If they are able to win this week and the two weeks after that they're the state champions. They got into the bracket that would allow them to get a rematch with Chinaberry or Wylie if they make it that far.

You meant to open up a can of worms with those comments. If you didn't want to, you wouldn't have said it.

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Maybe I'm not on the same page as everyone else, but I don't understand this at all. Division I and Division II are not selected by wins and losses. Going big school (Division I) or small school (Division II) has to do with a school's enrollment. The largest school in the district (enrollment wise) that makes the playoffs will go Division I. The other two playoff teams will go Division II.

For instance, take district 21-3A. West Orange-Stark won the district title, Silsbee came in 2nd, and Hardin-Jefferson came in 3rd. Silsbee went Division I because they had the largest enrollment in the district. WOS and HJ went Division II.

With that being said, La Vega made the playoffs and went Division I due to their enrollment being larger than the other two schools to make the playoffs out of that district. Some peop say that LaVega threw the game so Lorena could get in and not Robinson.

If LaVega wins that game, Robinson is in and goes Div 1.

Since Lorena won, LaVega went Div 1 because Robinson was elminated.

People are saying that LaVega threw the game to go Div 1, rather than Robinson going Div 1.

I don't buy it.

Bearkat
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
I was a little confused, thanks for clearing that up.

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I was a little confused, thanks for clearing that up. NP.

Raider Red
11-25-2008, 04:07 PM
The starters did play the first quarter and one of the wide receivers turned an ankle which just added to the reason the starters did not need to play. It always surprises me how people do not want to let the facts get in the way of a good story. Fact is, La Vega is good, did not care where they played, took care of their own business and never was a rematch with China Springs a factor in any decision. Another rumor that has no basis. They are 33-6 for the last 2 plus years and have one of the best, most caring, professional coaching staffs in the business. I am a central texas FB fan, know talent and know coaches. China Springs has one of the best programs and some of the best players in Mike Hicks and Ryan Boutwell and a very dedicated coaching staff, also. They are in the kid business for a reason. They care about them and their community.

solocam
11-25-2008, 04:19 PM
LaVega by 14

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Raider Red
The starters did play the first quarter and one of the wide receivers turned an ankle which just added to the reason the starters did not need to play. It always surprises me how people do not want to let the facts get in the way of a good story. Fact is, La Vega is good, did not care where they played, took care of their own business and never was a rematch with China Springs a factor in any decision. Another rumor that has no basis. They are 33-6 for the last 2 plus years and have one of the best, most caring, professional coaching staffs in the business. I am a central texas FB fan, know talent and know coaches. China Springs has one of the best programs and some of the best players in Mike Hicks and Ryan Boutwell and a very dedicated coaching staff, also. They are in the kid business for a reason. They care about them and their community.

I couldn’t agree with you more, the kids are the most important thing. But the coach should be ashamed of what he did. It was a bad lesson to teach the kids he cares about. I don’t know how the town of La Vega feels about what happened but if that would have happened in Liberty Hill there would have been consequences.

Raider Red
11-25-2008, 04:31 PM
What has he got to be ashamed about? He played to win with his back-ups and got them valuable playing time. He took care of his team and community. Where is the shame in that? I do know that had he lost a player in a meaningless game, people would have been upset for playing starters when he didn't have to. How can a 14-13 game with 5 minutes to go be called "throwing a game"? The kids and coaches played to win. How hard is that to understand?

garciap77
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Raider Red
I wonder how much longer uninformed people are going to perpetuate that "throwing the game" stuff. That particular game was 14-13 with 5 minutes to go in the game and coulld have been won by either team. La Vega did not care what division it went into but wanted to go in healthy. I have heard that "stuff" about being afraid of Gilmer, WS-O, etc. Gilmer beat CH 35-7 and La Vega beat them 56-8. Played W0-S last year and beat them. That story was started by "sour grapes" fans from team that did not handle their own business. If La Vega had lost their QB or other starter(s) in a game that meant nothing to them, now that would have been unfair to the team and community. Division I and II have pleenty of quality opponents and it makes no difference which division you are in, you better bring your "A" game or go home.

:iagree:

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 04:40 PM
I’m going to back track a little on a previous post. I asserted that La Vega lost that game because they wanted to go D1. There is no way for me to really know that. But what I do know is a fact, is the coach could have won the game if he wanted too. There is no doubt about that. All I’m saying is regardless of what his motivation was, in my opinion it was the wrong and a little bit shameless.

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I’m going to back track a little on a previous post. I asserted that La Vega lost that game because they wanted to go D1. There is no way for me to really know that. But what I do know is a fact, is the coach could have won the game if he wanted too. There is no doubt about that. All I’m saying is regardless of what his motivation was, in my opinion it was the wrong and a little bit shameless. He COULD have won by playing his starters maybe?

He made a decision to protect his key players no matter the outcome of the game. I think it may not be the "popular" strategy, but the "wise" one.

Like I said, if a key player gets hurt because they are trying to win a meaningless game... THEN the town is outraged.

I PROMISE you that he didn't pull his starters and find a way to MAKE the backups lose so that they could go Div 1. Sounds like crap.

He put some reserves ont he field to spare his starters and tried to win the game with what was ont he field. Plain and simple.

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 04:58 PM
None of yall know what his intentions were and you're not gonna figure 'em out on this board. We've asked more than once for yall to leave it alone. I suggest you do so, because the next comment on this subject will be deleted and further action will be taken.

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
None of yall know what his intentions were and you're not gonna figure 'em out on this board. We've asked more than once for yall to leave it alone. I suggest you do so, because the next comment on this subject will be deleted and further action will be taken. Why ou gotta lay the hammer down like that? :p ;)

Alright...... I guess I'll lay off. :D

cameron91
11-25-2008, 05:30 PM
la vega steam rolls navasota..........period...........

Runnin Panther
11-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Ok…sorry La Vega posters got a little too serious. Smack talking is way more fun.
Navasota is going to kick your booty.

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2008, 05:57 PM
la vega steam rolls navasota..........period...........

Yeah, the same "steam roll" that Cameron was supposed to have done to Navasota, right?

t-bird
11-25-2008, 06:15 PM

In all honesty, there can't be anything worse than Liberty Hill. No offense, but La Vega is NOWHERE near their level.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 06:22 PM
la vega steam rolls navasota..........period........... come on man....seriously....Navasota will not get "steam-rolled" by anyone. Is it possible they lose? Of course....but steam-rolled? LOL. Define steam-roll......then lets talk....I'll take that bet...what you got?

t-bird
11-25-2008, 06:24 PM

Plus, we've played quality opponents over the past two years as well: Giddings, Caldwell, and Liberty Hill are all very tough opponents. Now, I know we lost to all of them, but I'm just sayin' we know what its like to play tough opponents.

coachc45
11-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Raise your hand if you've seen both teams play!!!:wave:

If you didn't raise your hand then you are only posting what you "hope" is gonna happen!

Seen em both..... actually a whole lot more of LaVega than I wanted too... but that is another discussion.

LaVega, in my learned opinion, is the better team. Bigger, Stronger, Faster.... all-around better team.

I think if you take Pratt off of Navasota, then they are just an average team. Take Parr off of LaVega and you still have a powerhouse.... add Parr and watch out!

Not taking anything away from the Rattlers.... wish we had the athletes ya'll do, but LaVega is for real.

Oh yeah, and they are very disciplined... not many mistakes and they have class too. They don't let the trash get to them!

Scary Good is how I would describe them!

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 06:51 PM
la vega steam rolls navasota..........period........... How much money you got?

Give me a spread.

I'll send you my name and address so you can get the envelope and stamps ready to mail me my money when this doesn't happen.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
How much money you got?

Give me a spread.

I'll send you my name and address so you can get the envelope and stamps ready to mail me my money when this doesn't happen. LOL awesome.

t-bird
11-25-2008, 06:52 PM

If you didn't raise your hand then you are only posting what you "hope" is gonna happen!

Seen em both..... actually a whole lot more of LaVega than I wanted too... but that is another discussion.

LaVega, in my learned opinion, is the better team. Bigger, Stronger, Faster.... all-around better team.

I think if you take Pratt off of Navasota, then they are just an average team. Take Parr off of LaVega and you still have a powerhouse.... add Parr and watch out!

Not taking anything away from the Rattlers.... wish we had the athletes ya'll do, but LaVega is for real.

Oh yeah, and they are very disciplined... not many mistakes and they have class too. They don't let the trash get to them!

Whatever...:rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 06:53 PM

Scary Good is how I would describe them! Yea LaVega may be good, but I've seen Navasota play and I know for a FACT that they can give ANY team in 3A everything they want.

Will they win? Maybe.

Can they win? DEFINITELY.

cameron91
11-25-2008, 06:55 PM
look man..lets get real about this..

Since navasota dropped back down to 3a in 02..what your playoff record..if i'm not mistaken its 3-4..navasota had a decent year last year and having a great year this year.but you're not one of the elite teams in 3a.to the poster on this board you may be , but to people that know foootball 2 winning season doesn't put you on the top dawg list.

you're stepping up to play a good vega team , a team that has proven to be on this top dawg list in 3A. you're facing a team that is 7 -2 in the playoff over last 3 years.with their lost coming to Giddings(06) and china kats in (07).

vega has already proven to be one of the elite teams in 3a.don't get me wrong navasota is on the right track to get their. but just b/c you're on the right track , that doesn't mean you're on the right train. with 3 playoff victories since 02 , thats nothing to hang your hat on.

yes , you did peter roll cameron , great job and congrat on the D-24 title.but what will your team look like next year when all those D-1 players move on. will you reload or rebuild.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 06:56 PM

Scary Good is how I would describe them! I've got to ask....when did you see Navasota? "without Pratt they are average?" You realize that they've won just as many if not more games through the air this year than on the ground w/ Pratt. Navasota is a very balanced team on offense. They can run it w/ Pratt, or they can scortch you through the air. To say their average w/ out Pratt is just silly.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 06:58 PM

Since navasota dropped back down to 3a in 02..what your playoff record..if i'm not mistaken its 3-4..navasota had a decent year last year and having a great year this year.but you're not one of the elite teams in 3a.to the poster on this board you may be , but to people that know foootball 2 winning season doesn't put you on the top dawg list.

you're stepping up to play a good vega team , a team that has proven to be on this top dawg list in 3A. you're facing a team that is 7 -2 in the playoff over last 3 years.with their lost coming to Giddings(06) and china kats in (07).

vega has already proven to be one of the elite teams in 3a.don't get me wrong navasota is on the right track to get their. but just b/c you're on the right track , that doesn't mean you're on the right train. with 3 playoff victories since 02 , thats nothing to hang your hat on.

yes , you did peter roll cameron , great job and congrat on the D-24 title.but what will your team look like next year when all those D-1 players move on. will you reload or rebuild. Neither was LH considered an "elite" before they won their title in 2006.....now they're working on their third...it's gotta start somewhere. Being an elitist is over-rated....ask Marie Antoinette.

coachc45
11-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Yea LaVega may be good, but I've seen Navasota play and I know for a FACT that they can give ANY team in 3A everything they want.

Will they win? Maybe.

Can they win? DEFINITELY.

I've seen Navasota play also, and I agree they can Play, but I've also seen LaVega play... so that means I have a basis for comparison.

Navasota May win.... Navasota Can win.... Both are correct.

But after watching both..... I truly believe that LaVega is the better team. Not saying they will win.... but better.

My Prediction
LaVega 35
Navasota 21

t-bird
11-25-2008, 07:00 PM

yes , you did peter roll cameron , great job and congrat on the D-24 title.but what will your team look like next year when all those D-1 players move on. will you reload or rebuild.

Thankfully you don't have to be a top dawg to win state. This is the playoffs not the BCS.

Necks_Fan

yes , you did peter roll cameron , great job and congrat on the D-24 title.but what will your team look like next year when all those D-1 players move on. will you reload or rebuild. nd all that crap since 2002 and has what to do with the so called "steam rolling" Navasota is going to get?

Different year, different kids.

Any given night partna...... How much money you got?

t-bird
Neither was LH considered an "elite" before they won their title in 2006.....now they're working on their third...it's gotta start somewhere. Being an elitist is over-rated....ask Marie Antoinette. :clap:

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Thankfully you don't have to be a top dawg to win state. This is the playoffs not the BCS. LOL...exactly!! We all know how that works out.....ask Ohio State and the "MIGHTY" Big 10. Media perception plays no part in who's who in HS football...hence why it's my favorite form of the sport.

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 07:02 PM
I've seen Navasota play also, and I agree they can Play, but I've also seen LaVega play... so that means I have a basis for comparison.

Navasota May win.... Navasota Can win.... Both are correct.

But after watching both..... I truly believe that LaVega is the better team. Not saying they will win.... but better.

My Prediction
LaVega 35
Navasota 21 Who did you watch Navasota play?

Let me tell you this. Stokes is no punk, just ask the LaVega secondary after this one.

I bet he tears it up with Lamascus and Jackson. The kids CAN PLAY!

I got Navasota, no doubt.

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Massey has LaVega as a 1 point favorite. 27-26

Yea, I guess that would be quite the steam roll huh?

coachc45
11-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Who did u watch Navasota play?

Lemme tell you this. Stokes is no punk, just ask the LaVega secondary after this one.

I bet he tears it up with Lamascus and Jackson. The kids CAN PLAY!

I got Navasota, no doubt.

3 times on film..... Henderson, Palestine, and recently Rockdale.

Saw all of LaVega district (minus Lorena) then also coached against them in the first round of the play-offs.

I am not saying that Stokes is a Punk, not saying that Lamascus and Jackson can't play. Just think that through watching BOTH LaVega is the better team.

Sorry I got your nose all outta joint.... not my intention. Just disagree with you.

I don't have a dog in this fight, so I'm not mad at you! For that matter, you don't have a dog either unless Columbia and Navasota Consolidated. lol

And IHStangfan -- you ever think that the reason the passing game is so open is because everyone is concious of trying to stop the #5 recruit in the state, so they load the box leaving man coverage.

But, its just an opinion of an outsider.... please continue.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 07:19 PM
And IHStangfan -- you ever think that the reason the passing game is so open is because everyone is concious of trying to stop the #5 recruit in the state, so they load the box leaving man coverage. EXACTLY.....opening up the passing game.....which...Navasota is no slouch at. Thank you for solidifying my point.

coachc45
11-25-2008, 07:21 PM
EXACTLY.....opening up the passing game.....which...Navasota is no slouch at. Thank you for solidifying my point.

Amen... you are correct.... but it also makes my point that without Pratt they would be Average you know like the other teams wouldn't be worried about the run and would concentrate on the pass.

Nevermind..... your right. Navasota is the greatest team on Earth.

lol.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Amen... you are correct.... but it also makes my point that without Pratt they would be Average you know like the other teams wouldn't be worried about the run and would concentrate on the pass.

Nevermind..... your right. Navasota is the greatest team on Earth.

lol. LOL....I never said they are the greatest team on earth. I was just curious as to who you'd seen them play, and what you meant by "average" It is my belief that their athletes are a notch above an "average" team even if they were without Pratt. There aren't many "average" HS secondaries that could stop Navasota's passing game....that is an opinion...nothing more. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match w/ you....just wanted to get a better feel for where you were coming from. That is all.

cameron91
11-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Neck Fan..just be at the game.. dollar bills can exchange hand then..hit me ..let me know..

cameron91
11-25-2008, 07:44 PM
dude..navasota didn't pass for over 200 yards on Rockdale,Cameron or Caldwell..so where is this great air attack you talkin bout ..WILLIS

NAW let me stop talkin b/s..i just wanted to get yall kizznats fired up before this big game. rep D-24 well and bring home a state title.

you still going to get peter rolled :D ..naw just playin again.

I'm lookin forward to a grate game friday night. i do think the rattlers defense will keep yall in this game.

coachc45
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
LOL....I never said they are the greatest team on earth. I was just curious as to who you'd seen them play, and what you meant by "average" It is my belief that their athletes are a notch above an "average" team even if they were without Pratt. There aren't many "average" HS secondaries that could stop Navasota's passing game....that is an opinion...nothing more. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match w/ you....just wanted to get a better feel for where you were coming from. That is all.

No worries. Just stating an opinion myself. One thing for sure, this is gonna be a very good game.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
dude..navasota didn't pass for over 200 yards on Rockdale,Cameron or Caldwell..so where is this great air attack you talkin bout ..WILLIS

NAW let me stop talkin b/s..i just wanted to get yall kizznats fired up before this big game. rep D-24 well and bring home a state title.

you still going to get peter rolled :D ..naw just playin again.

I'm lookin forward to a grate game friday night. i do think the rattlers defense will keep yall in this game. if you win games who gives a rat's backside how many passing yds you have. Stats are for books. Ask Drew Brees about stats......The Ain'ts are 6-5....and they're averaging 319.5 passing yds a game....over 400yds total O a game...both of which are 1st in the NFL....so....as I said...stats are for books.

IHStangFan
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
No worries. Just stating an opinion myself. One thing for sure, this is gonna be a very good game. I'd be completely surprised if it is not.

jambo67
11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Don't bet the farm on it big boy. You haven't seen the rattlers , but you will .

The Rattlers could win this game for sure, that's why we play the games. I just haven't watched a team with LV's talent in a long time. Does that mean there aint another team with more talent out there? No, not at all. But I don't judge a team on talent alone. I can could clearly see a sense of urgency with deliberance on the field along with the talent. All those combinations added together that make a champion are rare, and LeVaga has it. Navasota may have it as well.

t-bird
11-25-2008, 07:59 PM
if you win games who gives a rat's backside how many passing yds you have. Stats are for books. Ask Drew Brees about stats......The Ain'ts are 6-5....and they're averaging 319.5 passing yds a game....over 400yds total O a game...both of which are 1st in the NFL....so....as I said...stats are for books.

Or for loose notebooks...Lol, j/p.

cameron91
11-25-2008, 08:01 PM
kinfolk yall are the one thats pointing how powerfull your air attack is not me..i'm just pointing out it has been slowed down not shut down..

your defense will win this game for yall..your defense is ahead of your offense. don't get me wrong . you have fire power on the o-side of the ball.but yall heart is on the d-side.

t-bird
11-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Offense...Defense...In the end, we do what we do.

navscanmaster
11-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Good lord, the Navasota folks are away for one afternoon and you guys went wild here!

:confused:

cameron91
11-25-2008, 08:14 PM
just watched ESPN...

even Beno Cook says La Vega will beat Navasota :D

t-bird
11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
just watched ESPN...

even Beno Cook says La Vega will beat Navasota :D

Doubt he even knows who Navasota is, so I doubt he would make a statement like that.

cameron91
11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
beno is from WACO............:eek:

t-bird
11-25-2008, 08:19 PM
beno is from WACO............:eek:

Doesn't mean he knows who Navasota is.

cameron91
11-25-2008, 08:22 PM
kinfolk..:p ..let me make it...

jambo67
11-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Beano still favors the BCS. That shows you how much that imbecile knows about ball. I doubt he had a prediction but even if he did whatever he thinks would be wrong.

t-bird
11-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Anyways...Back to LaVega/ Navasota.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I see that many have picked Navasota to win this games, but not too many have commented on why they feel this way?
I voted for Navasota for a couple of reasons. I saw what they had last year. I also watched us dismantle them, with their fans getting a reality check after the smack talk. I honestly think that none of the fans have forgotten that, so I'm going to believe them when they talk about the improvement. They've had a couple of close games, yet still found a way to win and remain undefeated. And, this is probably a pretty lame reason, but it's the truth - vtat2 is a heck of a nice guy.

t-bird
11-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I voted for Navasota for a couple of reasons. I saw what they had last year. I also watched us dismantle them, with their fans getting a reality check after the smack talk. I honestly think that none of the fans have forgotten that, so I'm going to believe them when they talk about the improvement. They've had a couple of close games, yet still found a way to win and remain undefeated. And, this is probably a pretty lame reason, but it's the truth - vtat2 is a heck of a nice guy.

Yeah, it was a hard reality check...Kind of like the one Liberty Hill will get one day.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah, it was a hard reality check...Kind of like the one Liberty Hill will get one day.
This thread isn't about us. ;)

t-bird
11-25-2008, 08:46 PM
This thread isn't about us. ;)

;) Just playing ma'am.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2008, 08:49 PM
I will add that the Navasota team was a pretty good team last year! I just have a feeling that the coaches will have those Rattler boys ready for whatever La Vega throws (or runs pardon the puns lol) at them.

navscanmaster
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty nice, too.:confused: :hand:

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty nice, too.:confused: :hand:
Yes, you are, and others! I wasn't intending to leave anyone out. He's an "old-timer" on here like me, so we've had a few pm's over the years. :) Apologies to you & the rest of the Rattler faithful. :kiss:

t-bird
11-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes, you are, and others! I wasn't intending to leave anyone out. He's an "old-timer" on here like me, so we've had a few pm's over the years. :)

Uh-Oh...Lol, j/p.:D

gobbler grad
11-25-2008, 09:08 PM
are you all having a M & G at the game...:thinking:

augie97
11-25-2008, 09:15 PM

I hate to tell you but they have alot more weapons than just Pratt! Stokes is the man that drives that offense, not Pratt, he is a big part mind you, but the fact that Stokes is a duel threat that defense had better be ready. I have seen this team first hand. As far as the defense goes their linebacking core is one of the best in central Texas. Do not sleep on the Rattlers.

Navasota 42
Waco La Vega 35

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2008, 09:24 PM

Not so fast, the JV went 8-0-1...Add in a host of returning players. Cameron better watch out next year coming to the Pit!

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm not trying to get under your skin either coachc45.

I'm merely stating my thoughts on the team as you are. When I said "punk", I didn't mean an actual punk. I was pretty much saying he is no slouch.

Stokes didn't light it up in district play because he DIDN'T HAVE TO.

Pratt is going to get his, Stokes is going to get his, Jackson/Lamascus will get theirs, and in the end, the Rattlers will get their win.

I am excited to go. I hope me and Gramps can make it. We'll know for sure later.

Cameron91, you going to give me a spread or what? You're calling a blowout.

You goign to be there? We can settle this over some Nachos or something. :) :cool:

M&G guys?

I hope so.

Either way this game turns out, there will be an insane amount of talent ont he field. Maybe the 2 most noteworthy in 3A.

Go Rattlers, back my wallet up. ;) :D

cameron91
11-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah..neck I will be their..nachos and a drink sound good to me.I will be looking forward to seein you..the line..rivals have it at 11..so I give you that and a onside kick :D

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah..neck I will be their..nachos and a drink sound good to me.I will be looking forward to seein you..the line..rivals have it at 11..so I give you that and a onside kick :D Rattlers +11 or -11????

BIG difference.

I'll take Rattlers +11 bet for Nachos and a drink ANY DAY.

Hope to see you guys there.

You better be sitting on the Rattler side. Haha!

cameron91
11-25-2008, 10:12 PM
don't forget your onside kick..:D ..yeah I'll be their..I be on the lower deck close to the jumbo screen.I'll be wearing my A&M huddie.. just holla Cameron I let you know who I beeeeeezzzzzzz

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 10:14 PM
don't forget your onside kick..:D ..yeah I'll be their..I be on the lower deck close to the jumbo screen.I'll be wearing my A&M huddie.. just holla Cameron I let you know who I beeeeeezzzzzzz Lol. I might have to wear my CA&M hoodie too.

I'll be somewhere near the 50, hopefully close to the top, that is... if I can make it.

Organize a M&G!!!!!

cameron91
11-25-2008, 10:16 PM
come on man..you have to make it..if you have too get on a greyhound..I'll have three spare room till sunday :D

Buff4Eternity
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
La Vega by 3

martwayne
11-25-2008, 10:44 PM
i've looked at every post on this poll, and nothing has shown me why navasota cant beat la vega so i'm sticking with my pick
navasota 42
la vega 38

OldBison75
11-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Navasota has a very balanced attack if you want to talk about stats:
Regular season:
214.9 yards per game rushing
6.3 yards per carry
29 TD's (one td per every 10 running plays)
213.6 yards per game passing
64.7 % pass completion ratio
12.3 yards per pass reception
19 TD's (one td per every 6 completitions)
1 interception per every 56 pass attempts.

Season average of 8.5 yards per offensive play.

Whether you try to stop the pass or the run, you give something to us. By the way, for all you folks bringing up the opposition stacking to box to stop Pratt---notice we averaged 214.9 yards per game rushing anyway.

martwayne
11-25-2008, 11:07 PM
look out la vega them rattlers are on the move u wanna know where to? the state championship, thats where

t-bird
11-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Buff4Eternity
La Vega by 3

Next thing you know, there is going to be a "Buff4Infinity," lol.

Texas Cougar
11-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by martwayne
i've looked at every post on this poll, and nothing has shown me why navasota cant beat la vega so i'm sticking with my pick
navasota 42
la vega 38

It is called Chris Parr is back. He takes the team up another level. If Navasota was getting by and suddenly Pratt (who has not played all year) it ready to go full speed, it brings the whole team to a different level.

LV by 2 touchdowns.

martwayne
11-26-2008, 12:22 AM
u wish catfish. i'm being nice in my post by saying 42-38, when logically it's going to be more like 42-13 navsota winning the game. bad karma catches up with la vega friday nite, and u know why yall have bad karma.

Necks_Fan
11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm goign to do my best to make it to this one. Gramps has been at the hunting lease for 3 days and comes back today. I'll ask him if we can go to this one. I have a feeling he wouldn't mind seeing this game.

Unless, we decide to go to Lufkin for Gilmer/WO-S, we'll be at this one.

I'm glad Parr is back... now NO excuses.

nobogey72
11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
u wish catfish. i'm being nice in my post by saying 42-38, when logically it's going to be more like 42-13 navsota winning the game. bad karma catches up with la vega friday nite, and u know why yall have bad karma.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Go Navasota, I've been saying all playoffs long, that my dream season would be for us (Wylie) to play Navasota in the D1 finals. And, yes, I do realize that we both have a hard road to get to that point.:)

GreenMachine
11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Go Navasota, I've been saying all playoffs long, that my dream season would be for us (Wylie) to play Navasota in the D1 finals. And, yes, I do realize that we both have a hard road to get to that point.:) Even IF Navasota wins this game doesn't mean it's a cakewalk to the finals ;)

cameron91
11-26-2008, 02:01 PM
no more trash talking today..lets get it started i'm bored..:(

La Vega -3

Navasota - 2

sec defense win this game...

OldBison75
11-26-2008, 03:22 PM
The Rattlers have enough offense to keep this game rolling. LaVega has enough offenseto score alot of points. The Rattler defense has had flashes of brilliance this year against the opposition. The LaVega defense has been solid against the run all year.

Both defenses have had some secondary lapses. Navasota has had some great games, and has had problems against pure passing teams like Henderson and Silsbee. LaVega has been more prone to give up yards to the strong passing teams.

LaVega is a good passing team if they establish a running game to open the defense up to the play action passes. Chris Parr gives them the speed to run the edges and make the defense look to stop the sweeps and quick pitches.

The Navasota defense has played it's best run defense against the edges since mid-district by putting Pratt and Lamascus in for run support.

If Navasota can keep the big play from biting them in the butt and keep Parr under 150 yards, they should have enough offense to win. The LaVega defense will control the middle and keep running hard in that area. If Stokes plays like he has all year, he will open the field for Pratt, Jackson, Lamascus, and others to make yards. Look for the Rattlers to have several big plays.

I think this game may come down to the team that plays the most solid at the linebacker position. These guys will decide who wins at what they want to do. I can't comment on the LaVega LB's except to say they have played pretty well. I can tell you that the Navasota Linebackers are the strength of the defense. The are quick, smart and tackle very well.

I think the Rattlers pull this one out in a hard fought game.

IHStangFan
11-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Next thing you know, there is going to be a "Buff4Infinity," lol. I always wonder if they're the same person....w/ multiple personalities or if it's like an extended family or something. LOL.

Modoc
11-26-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm still taking my boys by 14.

Necks_Fan
11-26-2008, 05:53 PM
What color Uni's does LaVega wear? And who's the home team.

Looks more and more like I could make it to this one. :)

t-bird
11-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I always wonder if they're the same person....w/ multiple personalities or if it's like an extended family or something. LOL.

Really they mean just about all the same thing.

martwayne
11-27-2008, 01:09 AM
i've been counting down to this game all week, and in two days it will be here, and the battle will start. all the trash talk that i've been doing up to this point about my rattlers, i will back up 200%, but i would like to say that me and all rattlers of a kind, do respect ya'll la vega people and ya'lls football team. i wish ya'll the best of luck on the field friday nite, and hope neither team suffers from any injuries, hopefully both teams will play to their best potential, and the best team stay standing.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, and always remember...

LOVE THEM RATTLERS, WHOOOO!!!!

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 01:19 AM
This ame is Friday night at 7:30 right?

What's the name of the stadium that it's in?

martwayne
11-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Round Rock ISD it's called The Palace
and yes 7:30pm is correct

RTigMom
11-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Go Navasota! Good luck from District 24 3A!!!:cheerl:

K-MAC Chuck
11-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Round Rock ISD it's called The Palace
and yes 7:30pm is correct

The Stadium, as stated before, is refered to as "The Palace on Parmer." It was Austin area's original big-time, 11,000-seat facility. Not a bad seat in the house.

If anyone has questions on how to get there (I live 8 minutes away from the Palace), please shoot me an email at chuck@mykmacsports.com.

Look forward to seeing you and broadcasting Friday night's Heavyweight matchup!

t-bird
11-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Hopefully niether of the teams suffer from being stuffed today...That would be a tragic injury.

bp80884
11-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I drove by La Vega High School today around 9:30 and the football team was hard at work. I think they will be ready tomorrow.

I think I am going to try to catch that game tomorrow evening.

t-bird
11-27-2008, 06:13 PM
I drove by La Vega High School today around 9:30 and the football team was hard at work. I think they will be ready tomorrow.

I think I am going to try to catch that game tomorrow evening.

The Rattlers were hard at playing...football that is, lol.

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Got a funeral to go to tomorrow afternoon in Houston. We're going to head to RR after that.

Hope to see some of you guys.

M&G?

DU_stud04
11-27-2008, 09:24 PM
ive decided on coming out for this one. i cant wait, should be a great one. lets go MODOC!

Necks_Fan
11-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Is the stadium open for crossovers?

Can we do a mini M&G?

You people are too scared.:hand: ;)

DU_stud04
11-27-2008, 09:42 PM

Can we do a mini M&G?

You people are too scared.:hand: ;) never been, maybe someone who's been there before could offer a suggestion. ill check again tomorrow to see if anyone's meeting.

t-bird
11-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know if it is suppose to rain at gametime tomorrow?

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Does anyone know if it is suppose to rain at gametime tomorrow?

From the forecasts that I have seen, the rain should move in early in the morning and be out by noon bringing in a cold front.

t-bird
11-28-2008, 12:23 AM
From the forecasts that I have seen, the rain should move in early in the morning and be out by noon bringing in a cold front.

How cold are we talking about?

HM33
11-28-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm debating whether or not to come to this one. I want to really bad, but I have a senior sem. that I haven't started on and I present it on Wednesday :S

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2008, 12:27 AM
How cold are we talking about?

Weather.com says 47 degrees for Round Rock tomorrow night.

HM33
11-28-2008, 12:29 AM

Ok I might be reconsidering going now :P

t-bird
11-28-2008, 12:29 AM

Cool, lol.:cool:

t-bird
11-28-2008, 12:35 AM
So, I have a question...Were there even any people actually from Waco on this tread this week?

K-MAC Chuck
11-28-2008, 12:38 AM

Can we do a mini M&G?

The answer is, Yes...
You can meet up at either of the 2 end zones..you won't be ON the field but you'll be able to meet up on pavement (close end zone) and on walkways (far end zone)..

Plenty of opportunities to hold a mini M&G

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2008, 02:06 AM
OK, ok it's finally game day!!!!!
Good Luck to both teams & safe traveling to all!

Go SNAKES!

navscanmaster
11-28-2008, 08:47 AM
OldBison75 and I are up for a meet and greet. Since Chuck says that we can meet up at either spot, I will just go ahead and say the end with the scoreboard at halftime sounds good to me. I'll start another thread so the word gets out on time.

bp80884
11-28-2008, 11:24 AM
So, I have a question...Were there even any people actually from Waco on this tread this week?

I did not see a lot of La Vega fans on the board this week.

I think I will be there with my son to watch the game. I think it will be a great game!

Godd luck to all and travel safely!

t-bird
11-28-2008, 11:28 AM
I did not see a lot of La Vega fans on the board this week.

I think I will be there with my son to watch the game. I think it will be a great game!

Godd luck to all and travel safely!

Yeah, it seemed like mainly out-of-towners and Navasota people.

OldBison75
11-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm looking forward to a great game tonight. Both teams have offenses that can put up alot of points and defense that can be really stingy at times and bend alot but don't break most of the time.

Look for this to be a game of big plays from both side of the ball. I don't see alot of long sustained drives by either team. If you like exciting football, from two teams with different offensive approaches, but two teams that can really move the ball, this is the game to be at. Should be exciting from start to finish.

Bring the Nitro pills if you have a weak heart. This may come down to one big play at the end of the game.

t-bird
11-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I'm looking forward to a great game tonight. Both teams have offenses that can put up alot of points and defense that can be really stingy at times and bend alot but don't break most of the time.

Look for this to be a game of big plays from both side of the ball. I don't see alot of long sustained drives by either team. If you like exciting football, from two teams with different offensive approaches, but two teams that can really move the ball, this is the game to be at. Should be exciting from start to finish.

Bring the Nitro pills if you have a weak heart. This may come down to one big play at the end of the game.

More than likely will...

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it.....:(

I am however going to go to Lufkin tomorrow afternoon to watch Gilmer/WO-S.

I'm going to find a game in Houston to go to tonight.

Probably El Campo and Brenham at Tulley Stadium.

I might go To Lufkin tonight to watch Arp and Kirbyville (Both undefeated).

navscanmaster
11-28-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it.....:(

I am however going to go to Lufkin tomorrow afternoon to watch Gilmer/WO-S.

I'm going to find a game in Houston to go to tonight.

Probably El Campo and Brenham at Tulley Stadium.

I might go To Lufkin tonight to watch Arp and Kirbyville (Both undefeated).

Dang, you can go all the way to Lufkin, but you can't come join us in Round Rock? :hand: :D J/K, enjoy your games.

nobogey72
11-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Somebody tell me where Navasota is, geographically. I don't think I've ever been there. It must not be on an interstate.

OldBison75
11-28-2008, 12:40 PM
17 mils south of College Station on Highway 6

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey, Harris has La Vega as a 7 point favorite. I believe that this is the first time that the Rattlers have been the underdog.

gobbler grad
11-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Who wins and why?

La Vega 49 36.30%
Navasota 86 63.70%

Total: 135 votes 100%

figured this would be alot closer...can't wait to see this Rattler team tonight...:thinking:

nobogey72
11-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Something that LaVega does that I have never seen anyone do before----- QB will be under center (not in shotgun) and will turn and pitch to the TB like just a toss sweep. But the TB will take it straight up between the tackles with the QB being the lead, and 9 times out of 10 the TB will cut it back. They must have run that play 15 times against us. I think the only time they ran it that it didn't pick up at least 5 or 6 yds. was the last play of the game when they went for 2 to tie the game and somehow we stopped it. Anyway, it is a strange looking play.

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Something that LaVega does that I have never seen anyone do before----- QB will be under center (not in shotgun) and will turn and pitch to the TB like just a toss sweep. But the TB will take it straight up between the tackles with the QB being the lead, and 9 times out of 10 the TB will cut it back. They must have run that play 15 times against us. I think the only time they ran it that it didn't pick up at least 5 or 6 yds. was the last play of the game when they went for 2 to tie the game and somehow we stopped it. Anyway, it is a strange looking play.

Yeah, it will be tough all night trying to stop Chris Parr and the Pirates!

cameron91
11-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Neck..how will i get my nachos..:( that 11 point spread I gave you I'll bumb it to 14 if you get down here.. :D

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Neck..how will i get my nachos..:( that 11 point spread I gave you I'll bumb it to 14 if you get down here.. :D I can't make it man, Sorry.

I'll be at the winner of this game Vs Cuero though.

No doubt, UNLESS there is a better game close, which I don't imagine there would be.

cameron91
11-28-2008, 03:45 PM
one of those games could be up here too..if La Vega and Cuero wins they should meet back up here in the Austin area.if that happen we can carried over till then..I'll even let you keep the 11.

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 03:48 PM
one of those games could be up here too..if La Vega and Cuero wins they should meet back up here in the Austin area.if that happen we can carried over till then..I'll even let you keep the 11. LOL. Haha!

What about when Navasota wins? Where will they play Cuero? Then what's my spread?

Haha!

I hope they play near me.:D

martwayne
11-28-2008, 03:57 PM
i find it so funny that everyone is already talking about cuero vs navasota or le vega vs cuero what about la feria, how do ya'll know that cuero is going to win. i understand the records of both teams and that cuero is much better on paper but the lions are no push over team because they have made it this far in the playoffs and in order to get this far you must have a pretty good team.

GO RATTLERS, lets win tonight

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I think Cuero will win because Sealy is 3 TD's better than LaFeria, and they lost to Cuero 56-24.

LaFeria doesn't have a chance.

RTigMom
11-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Good luck again to the Rattlers from the Tigers of D24. Have a safe and injury free game. :cheerl: