PDA

View Full Version : The Streak Ends...Madison 76 4A #1 Lincoln 74

JR2004
11-22-2008, 06:54 PM
The streak finally comes to an end! We hadn't beat Lincoln in basketball since the 2000 4A Region II final and things weren't looking good early as we were down 15-2 two minutes into the game. What made today's win really impressive is we did it with our best player sitting in street clothes due to an injury. Lincoln has probably the best player in the state in LB Nash, but he wasn't enough to beat us today. I'm so glad to finally see us beat those Purple Tigers after 8 long years of getting our rear ends handed to us by them year after year!

kepdawg
11-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Where are you at today?

JR2004
11-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Where are you at today?

I'm about to be at Two Brothers off of Preston shortly to see Tech and OU. Stopped back by my place to see some scores since I didn't go to any football game today.

kepdawg
11-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'm about to be at Two Brothers off of Preston shortly to see Tech and OU. Stopped back by my place to see some scores since I didn't go to any football game today.

Oh, ok. I didn't know if you were at TX Stadium or not. Hebron lost a tough one!

JR2004
11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh, ok. I didn't know if you were at TX Stadium or not. Hebron lost a tough one!

That's what I was told. I called out there and my Hebron friends said they just couldn't finish it off. They didn't have their RB today, Darius Staten, because he broke his collarbone last week so they were kinda behind the 8-ball to begin with.

kepdawg
11-22-2008, 07:11 PM
I bet people aren't too happy at Lincoln today!

JR2004
11-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I bet people aren't too happy at Lincoln today!

First y'all pimp slap 'em back to reality last night and now this!

You should've seen those folks when they walked out of Cobb. They looked like they just lost a family member. That's how much it kills them to lose to us. They didn't even say anything back when some of our fans taunted them a bit walking out of the place. It has to especially hurt to lose to us when our guard that averages about 22ppg was sitting there contributing as much as I was due to that knee injury he has.

mwynn05
11-23-2008, 12:07 AM
was lincoln missing any one from football?

JR2004
11-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
was lincoln missing any one from football?

None of their top players play football. Lincoln had beaten SOC 87-76 earlier in the week. There's no better player in Dallas than LB Nash for the Purple Tigers. He just got frustrated with our post defenders and tried to play on the perimeter instead of playing physical with our forwards on the block.

The fun thing is knowing that our best player, Tim Flentroy, didn't play due to injury and we still pulled it out. I honestly didn't think we'd win today without the 22ppg he brings to the table. This is the first team we've had in at least 5 years that wasn't scared of Lincoln. Teams see Lincoln on the jersey and just get intimidated, but we didn't play scared today. They pressed the heck out of us, but we've got probably the best PG in Dallas (and one of the best in the state in all classes) playing for us in Desmond Flentroy. He's Tim's cousin (Tim goes by Junebug and Desmond goes by Man Man and both are just juniors. Everyone in the Flentroy family that I know just goes by their nickname.) and he single-handedly broke Lincoln's press all game long. It was amazing to watch him do it.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
None of their top players play football. Lincoln had beaten SOC 87-76 earlier in the week. There's no better player in Dallas than LB Nash for the Purple Tigers. He just got frustrated with our post defenders and tried to play on the perimeter instead of playing physical with our forwards on the block.

The fun thing is knowing that our best player, Tim Flentroy, didn't play due to injury and we still pulled it out. I honestly didn't think we'd win today without the 22ppg he brings to the table. This is the first team we've had in at least 5 years that wasn't scared of Lincoln. Teams see Lincoln on the jersey and just get intimidated, but we didn't play scared today. They pressed the heck out of us, but we've got probably the best PG in Dallas playing for us in Desmond Flentroy. He's Tim's cousin (Tim goes by Junebug and Desmond goes by Man Man and both are just juniors. Everyone in the Flentroy family that I know just goes by their nickname.) and he single-handedly broke Lincoln's press all game long. It was amazing to watch him do it.

how many fans were there?

JR2004
11-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
how many fans were there?

We played at Cobb and it was almost to capacity. It would've been capacity if the game hadn't have been moved up to 3pm. It was scheduled for 7:30, but there was a lot of fans from both schools that didn't know about the time change.