PDA

View Full Version : Rio Hondo V. Giddings

Pages : [1] 2

BOCEPHUS
11-22-2008, 06:42 PM
WHAT Y'ALL BE THANK'N BOUT THIS UN HERE???

could be some points put up, u know the buffs gonna hang near 50 on'em, not sure if the RH can keep with a need'n that many scores

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I've only seen 1 of the teams this year (Rio Hondo) and they didn't impress me at all. Granted, it was in the beginning of the season so adjustments might have been made. I think Giddings wins this one by 17 -I'd love for you to prove me wrong Rio Hondo ;)

29-3aFAN
11-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Giddens by 3 TDS

Buffgal
11-22-2008, 07:40 PM
By chance and circumstances, I think the Buffs have found the right combinations on both sides of the ball. I've known most of these guys since pre school and watched them play many different sports together. They are having fun, are relaxed and smiling. IMO, when you began to see any kind of team began to approach the game as just a bunch of friends playing, great things happen. This group came out this year trying to emerge from the shadows of some former great playmakers for Giddings. I'm pretty sure most will agree that they have arrived and proven a few things on their own. I'm very glad to see it coming together at the right time for the Buffaloes.

Don't know much about the Bobcats, only that they show great support for their team and bring the hoopla. I also think they were very gracious in agreeing to play in San Antonio.

Buff fans need to get things loud and join in with the cheerleaders & all the WAO Moms and teachers in the stands. If we expect 48 minutes of football out of the Buffs, then I believe they expect 48 minutes of noise from the crowd.

My vote will always be for Giddings and Bocephus needs to add some kind of dessert for the other choice (I do chocolate but not alcohol) Buffs offensive speed has proved hard to stop, O line are totally taking care of the QB & business in general and defense is playing aggressively, Buffs by 20.

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
They are having fun, are relaxed and smiling. IMO, when you began to see any kind of team began to approach the game as just a bunch of friends playing, great things happen. .
that is one of the most important ingredients for a successful team - it is also fun to watch teams when they are gelling with each other ;)

Bubba-Joe
11-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Bubba Joe just talked to his friend in south texas, "Bubnito-Jose"
Bubnito-Jose say that he and la family will travel north to wach los bubkats beat el tataka's

Bubba also heard from Bubnito-Jose that Telemundo has purchased the broadcast rights to this match up. Bubnito-Jose say VIVA LOS BUBKATS

BOCEPHUS
11-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Bubba Joe just talked to his friend in south texas, "Bubnito-Jose"
Bubnito-Jose say that he and la family will travel north to wach los bubkats beat el tataka's

Bubba also heard from Bubnito-Jose that Telemundo has purchased the broadcast rights to this match up. Bubnito-Jose say VIVA LOS BUBKATS

AND FOLKS SAY THAT KANT UNDERSTANDS ME!!!

I GUESS I GOT TO PUSH #1

buff4ever
11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
no kidding bo, I followed it, but it was tough.

LHPM, I will try more than just here, but you have the site wrong on your location thread. This game is at 3pm on friday at northside stadium in San Antonio. Gustafson (sp?>?) stadium.

Cats Fan
11-23-2008, 12:51 AM
bobcats will be the underdogs...err...cats....in this matchup! The offense is clicking at the right time and the defense proved they can make the stops when need be....if the defense can step up then I see an upset in the making...regardless...this will be a great game..and best wishes to the buffs!

GO BOBCATS!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Rio Hondo will put up the points also, just dont know if their defense will step up and make some stops to keep this game tight.

48minutes
11-23-2008, 02:07 AM
By chance and circumstances, I think the Buffs have found the right combinations on both sides of the ball. I've known most of these guys since pre school and watched them play many different sports together. They are having fun, are relaxed and smiling. IMO, when you began to see any kind of team began to approach the game as just a bunch of friends playing, great things happen. This group came out this year trying to emerge from the shadows of some former great playmakers for Giddings. I'm pretty sure most will agree that they have arrived and proven a few things on their own. I'm very glad to see it coming together at the right time for the Buffaloes.

Buffalos smiling on the football field? You're telling me back to back 10-0 seasons there were no smiles going on, you know them kids were having a blast, just like the buffs this year. Hope we keep it going and keep playing good ball.

Could also have something to do with the difference in teams the buffs are facing as well. The realignment makes the buffs playoff run alittle bit more fun than West Orange 2nd round two years in a row. Pretty sure the players from 07 and 08 teams are drooling over this playoff schedule compared to recent years.

It is what it is, and the buffs should roll past Rio Hondo this week.

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

LHPM, I will try more than just here, but you have the site wrong on your location thread. This game is at 3pm on friday at northside stadium in San Antonio. Gustafson (sp?>?) stadium.
No sweat! I had seen the other one last night/early this morning, but have corrected it. :)

BOCEPHUS
11-23-2008, 09:02 AM

I WANT TO INTRODUCE EVERBODY ON HERE TO CUZIN BUBBA. I AIN'T SEENT HIM SINCE THE FAMILY RENUNIUON/HOG TRAPP'N UP IN HAMILTON COUNTY LAST FALL. WE A PLANN'N A M&G DOWN AT QUITAQAE/TURKEY AT THE NATIONAL WASHER PITCH'N CHAMPIONSHIP IN MAY. YOU GOTTA KINDA GO ALONG WITRH HIM, HE KINDA DIFFERENT, SPECIAL IF'N U KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

WE ALWAY LET HIM STAND IN THE FORNT OF THE LINE SO WE'S COULD KEEP AN EYE ON'EM

1st and goal
11-23-2008, 05:23 PM
STILL TRY'N TO FIGER OUT HOW HICTORIA GOT NIXED AND NOW WE GOTTA GO PLUM CLEAN O'ER TO D WEST SIDE OF SAN ANTONE??? WHAT DA HECK IS GOIN' ON??? DIS IS WORSE FER BOTH TEAMS.

IMA HAV'N ME 2 JIM BEAMS DINGIT TO HEI_I_

TO TOP IT OFF THE STADIUM IS RIGHT CLOSE TO THE COP STATION AND NOW I GOTTA FINDS ME A SOBER DRIVER.

gobbler grad
11-23-2008, 05:51 PM
i'm taking the Buffs 27-20...:thumbsup:

Bubba-Joe
11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Bubba Joe piensa que la búfalos será capaz de martillo y los Bobcats avanzar todo el camino hasta el estado final, a menos que BOCEPHUS. decide emborracharse y correr desnudo por el patio de la línea 50, lo ha hecho antes de que usted sabe.

Por supuesto, si mamá Ranger muestra y hace una media hora de baile a continuación, todas las apuestas están apagadas. Algo así podría distraer a la afición, los jugadores y el entrenador personal de ambos equipos.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Bubba Joe piensa que la búfalos será capaz de martillo y los Bobcats avanzar todo el camino hasta el estado final, a menos que BOCEPHUS. decide emborracharse y correr desnudo por el patio de la línea 50, lo ha hecho antes de que usted sabe.

Por supuesto, si mamá Ranger muestra y hace una media hora de baile a continuación, todas las apuestas están apagadas. Algo así podría distraer a la afición, los jugadores y el entrenador personal de ambos equipos.

no uno refried beans telemundo...

RH by 80+

GreenMachine
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't think this one will be close. I think that Giddings will win this one easily :thumbsup:

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 06:38 PM
WHEW BOY IMMA GET ME A ROOM AT THAT THUR RIBBER-WOK AND GET TORE UP LIKE A ROOSTER SITTING ON A FENCE DURING A TORNADER THAT AINT GOT NO BREAKS

BOCEPHUS
11-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I AM TRY'N TO BE CAREFUL HERE U UNDERSTAND, BUT BUBBA MAK'EN IT HARD TO DO..................................HE NO BE POLITCALLEY CORECT

Bubba-Joe
11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
I AM TRY'N TO BE CAREFUL HERE U UNDERSTAND, BUT BUBBA MAK'EN IT HARD TO DO..................................HE NO BE POLITCALLEY CORECT

Bubba Joe nunca ha sido políticamente correcta o incorrecta para ese asunto. La verdadera pregunta acerca de la Giddings y Río Hondo juego es, ¿El juego progams ser impresos tanto en Inglés y español?

for you non spanish speaking/reading folks....

Bubba Joe has never been politically correct or incorrect for that matter. The real question about the Giddings and Rio Hondo game is, Will the game progams be printed in both english and spanish?

and by the way Bocephus hows the fishing down south these days
I hear that Giddings is a hot bed for wanna be bass masters, is it really true that you got a feller on staff that use that ole big red and wheaties when he goes out fishin, I thought only Carp anglers used that stuff?? what gives?

Bubba-Joe
11-23-2008, 09:34 PM
HEY BOCEPHUS IS IT REALLY TRUE THAT THE GIDDINGS DC'S NAME IS

ABU GARCIA??????

No me importa quién es usted que ahí es gracioso, el Señor me perdone por la Makin Abu García broma acerca de la Giddings entrenador defensivo, y estar con los niños de hambre en Laredo.

BOCEPHUS
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
HEY BOCEPHUS IS IT REALLY TRUE THAT THE GIDDINGS DC'S NAME IS

ABU GARCIA??????

No me importa quién es usted que ahí es gracioso, el Señor me perdone por la Makin Abu García broma acerca de la Giddings entrenador defensivo, y estar con los niños de hambre en Laredo.

WE JUST CALL'HIM 'ABU' FOR SHORT, CUZ HE HE IS.

HE GITS TALLER THOE WHEN HIS HE HITS THE OVER & UNDER.

HE GOTZ A BIG MOTOR ON HIS BOAT, LIKE THEY SAY HE BE TRY'SN TO COMPENSATE

Bubba-Joe
11-23-2008, 10:05 PM
so that 3-3 stack is really his height????

that is not nice Bo.... not nice at all.....

be kind to the vertically challenged

brahmalife2
11-23-2008, 10:05 PM
don't really know much about rio hondo, but the way giddings played against bellville i think they should be able to pull this one off. good luck from one d25 team to another d25 team. last two left hope to see yall in the next few games!

buff4ever
11-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Man bo, you let bubba come on here and just call you out like that, we can narrow you down to like 15 guys now. :nerd: :D

buff4ever
11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by brahmalife2
don't really know much about rio hondo, but the way giddings played against bellville i think they should be able to pull this one off. good luck from one d25 team to another d25 team. last two left hope to see yall in the next few games!

It would be the next game, and that would be good. Go get sinton, we will do our best against the rio hondo and see what that gets everybody.

A rematch would be fun.

We may would rather play Sinton than you guys if we pull this off, but it would be fun anyway. REMATCH?

Bubba-Joe
11-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Man bo, you let bubba come on here and just call you out like that, we can narrow you down to like 15 guys now. :nerd: :D

buff 4 ever gonna call out Bo???

man got a lots of courage for sure

hey BOCEPHUS YOU DONE BEEN CALLED OUT

I guess some folks like to bring stupid at all hours of the day and night

sinton66
11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Bubba Joe nunca ha sido políticamente correcta o incorrecta para ese asunto. La verdadera pregunta acerca de la Giddings y Río Hondo juego es, ¿El juego progams ser impresos tanto en Inglés y español?

for you non spanish speaking/reading folks....

Bubba Joe has never been politically correct or incorrect for that matter. The real question about the Giddings and Rio Hondo game is, Will the game progams be printed in both english and spanish?

and by the way Bocephus hows the fishing down south these days
I hear that Giddings is a hot bed for wanna be bass masters, is it really true that you got a feller on staff that use that ole big red and wheaties when he goes out fishin, I thought only Carp anglers used that stuff?? what gives?

Little too close to being racial here. Suggest you stay away from that.

BOCEPHUS
11-23-2008, 10:13 PM
HE BE VERTICAL AND HORIZANTALLYE CHALLENGED. HE DO BE STACK'EN IT THOUGH, SOMETIMES 3-3 AIN'T ENUFF, SOMETIMES IT BE 4-4, WE HE NEED'N TO FEEL A LITTLE TALLER..........

BUFF'N'EVER.........I ONLY BEEN NARROWED DOWN A EW TIMES, BUT GOOD LAWYER GOTZ ME OUT OF IT........JUSTR HOW BIG AN OLE BOY R U ANYWAYS............I GOTZ MY FAMILY(FAMILIA) ON HERE NOW, U BE OUTNUMBER'D, I KNOWS WE GOTZ ME GUNS IN OUR BACK WINDOW THAN U GOT

brahmalife2
11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
It would be the next game, and that would be good. Go get sinton, we will do our best against the rio hondo and see what that gets everybody.

A rematch would be fun.

We may would rather play Sinton than you guys if we pull this off, but it would be fun anyway. REMATCH? i'd love to see how a rematch would play out, based on the last game. i think it could go either way.

buff4ever
11-23-2008, 10:20 PM
It could go either way, it would be a heck of a game for sure.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Giddings @ House Park in Austin ?
http://www.leecountylive.com/Buffs%20Austin%20Skyline.jpg

awesome background!

buff4life
11-24-2008, 01:47 AM
that pic does look really sweet, where did you find it?

Footballhudini
11-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Giddings,
good luck against bellville next week.

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 04:16 AM
I'd like to see Rio Hondo win this one. They have knocked off some decent teams so far. I think Rio Hondo will fair better than some think, but my question is will they have the speed to match up w/ Giddings? I think Rio Hondo will be able to score on Giddings, but will not be able to stop Giddings either. Trick for the Bobcats will be "keeping up" w/ the Buffs.

I'm gonna take Giddings by a TD.

With that said....I can't believe I'm fixing to type this....GO BOBCATS!!! Prove me wrong. :clap:

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 07:25 AM
RH by 10

And this thread is hard to keep up with lol

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'd like to see Rio Hondo win this one. They have knocked off some decent teams so far. I think Rio Hondo will fair better than some think, but my question is will they have the speed to match up w/ Giddings? I think Rio Hondo will be able to score on Giddings, but will not be able to stop Giddings either. Trick for the Bobcats will be "keeping up" w/ the Buffs.

I'm gonna take Giddings by a TD.

With that said....I can't believe I'm fixing to type this....GO BOBCATS!!! Prove me wrong. :clap:

Man, instead of rooting against our district like you also are in bellville's game, I thought teams from your district would like to see bellville and giddings keep winning to make the sweep of your district look more impressive for you guys the further we go. I guess instead you are just having hard feelings. You have that right, and it is fine. I just found it funny that a poster from a neighboring district is rooting for both D25 teams to get beat this week.

Buffgal
11-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Giddings @ House Park in Austin ?
http://www.leecountylive.com/Buffs%20Austin%20Skyline.jpg

awesome background!

Yes, House Park Austin vs Yoakum. Beautiful picture, sure it will be a best seller for our own hometown photographer.

Not too often some Lee County boys get a stage lit up like that one.

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Is the inflatable helmet really huge, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Buffgal
11-24-2008, 09:33 AM
No, your eyes are OK. The thing is massive. Takes 6-8 grown men (Buffalo Helmet Crew) to lug that thing around. Like to add a thank you as they are all volunteers and most if not all of them do not have anyone on the team. Whole community loves it though and uses the Helmet and the attached tunnel for all kinds of events (basketball, XC meets, etc)

Credit needs to go to professional (hometown) photographer Dana Lehmann for this great shot. Her website is an informative site (www.leecountylive.com) on things happening in our community and for the Buffaloes and Lady Buffs. It is now linked on the 3adl. thanks LH Panther Mom.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
No, your eyes are OK. The thing is massive. Takes 6-8 grown men (Buffalo Helmet Crew) to lug that thing around. Like to add a thank you as they are all volunteers and most if not all of them do not have anyone on the team. Whole community loves it though and uses the Helmet and the attached tunnel for all kinds of events (basketball, XC meets, etc)

Credit needs to go to professional (hometown) photographer Dana Lehmann for this great shot. Her website is an informative site (www.leecountylive.com) on things happening in our community and for the Buffaloes and Lady Buffs. It is now linked on the 3adl. thanks LH Panther Mom. it's a great hometown site, excellant job on keeping things updated.

footballgal
11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Let's Go Bobcats, Let's Go!

Go get some "ta-tonka"!

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM

Credit needs to go to professional (hometown) photographer Dana Lehmann for this great shot. Her website is an informative site (www.leecountylive.com) on things happening in our community and for the Buffaloes and Lady Buffs. It is now linked on the 3adl. thanks LH Panther Mom.

:eek: :eek:

Everything is bigger in TX lol

Geez . . . you could fit a whole house in there!

OldBison75
11-24-2008, 12:04 PM
The Buffalo's roll in this one and go on to face Sinton or Bellville. To much speed, size and experience for the boys from RH.

Next week could be a match against an undefeated or against a district foe. Giddings has the tools to win against either one. Bet they would love to see Bellville again though. That would be a real battle.

Good Luck Buffs.

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 01:39 PM
close, high-scoring game... still undecided on who I think will win... my gut tells me Giddings... but that little voice in the back of my head is saying "Rio Hondo isn't that bad of a team"...

If Rio Hondo can limit their mistakes they can score with anybody... dunno if they'll be able to slow down Giddings enough...

Bull's-eye
11-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Both brain & heart tells me Giddings will win this one. Hopefully, just like in volleyball, two D25 teams are playing in the R4 finals.

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
RH's offense will have no problems . . . it is the D I am worried about. If they come to play, RH will be in it. If not, it will be last team with the ball.

ratherbfishin
11-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
RH's offense will have no problems . . . it is the D I am worried about. If they come to play, RH will be in it. If not, it will be last team with the ball.

Easy Johnny.. Buffs D did hold Yoakum to like 20 yds and 1 first down friday night. And I believe they did the same in the first round... You may be right in your prediction, but don't forget that those Giddings boys been facing teams like LH, WOS, Waco La Vega the past couple of years. I'm not sure the speed RH has compares to what they are used to... ought to be a good one though...good luck anyway, I'll be watchin WOS....

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I got faith ;)

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 02:50 PM

I am going to walk out on the smack talk limb a little,

Your offense will not score at will in this game, you are crazy if you think so. I also know that that offense you allowed 43 points is not the buffaloe offense. May be tougher, may not, but it is not the same.:D :D

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Man, instead of rooting against our district like you also are in bellville's game, I thought teams from your district would like to see bellville and giddings keep winning to make the sweep of your district look more impressive for you guys the further we go. I guess instead you are just having hard feelings. You have that right, and it is fine. I just found it funny that a poster from a neighboring district is rooting for both D25 teams to get beat this week.

:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Why do you always have to make it personal? Why are you so sensitive, and why do you even care who I root for? But....lemme try to bring you up to speed here.....Sinton is from the same district as Ingleisde.....where I grew up...have friends and family there. Cheering for Rio Hondo ...well...basically because I don't like Giddings, and you're a big reason why.

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 03:12 PM
:)

ratherbfishin
11-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Why do you always have to make it personal? Why are you so sensitive, and why do you even care who I root for? But....lemme try to bring you up to speed here.....Sinton is from the same district as Ingleisde.....where I grew up...have friends and family there. Cheering for Rio Hondo ...well...basically because I don't like Giddings, and you're a big reason why.

:clap: :clap: :clap: MORE COWBELL!!!!! LMAO

pirate4state
11-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Why do you always have to make it personal? Why are you so sensitive, and why do you even care who I root for? But....lemme try to bring you up to speed here.....Sinton is from the same district as Ingleisde.....where I grew up...have friends and family there. Cheering for Rio Hondo ...well...basically because I don't like Giddings, and you're a big reason why. LOL that's not personal at all! LOL

I would love to see Rio Hondo take it to Giddings and I think if Giddings puts the ball on the ground & the Bobcats can score off turnovers, they can win.

BUT...

That's a big "IF" and I just think Giddings has been quietly trucking right along and aren't looking to stop anytime soon.

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL that's not personal at all! LOL

I would love to see Rio Hondo take it to Giddings and I think if Giddings puts the ball on the ground & the Bobcats can score off turnovers, they can win.

BUT...

That's a big "IF" and I just think Giddings has been quietly trucking right along and aren't looking to stop anytime soon. hey hey hey...I only went the "personal" route because he does this crap every year. Follows me around questioning anything I post that doesn't mesh w/ his ideals and district. Gettin old.

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I am going to walk out on the smack talk limb a little,

Your offense will not score at will in this game, you are crazy if you think so. I also know that that offense you allowed 43 points is not the buffaloe offense. May be tougher, may not, but it is not the same.:D :D

I realize that. I just think RH has what it takes on offense. It will come down to the D.

BOCEPHUS
11-24-2008, 03:33 PM
JUST TAK'N A QUICK LOOK HERE AT THIS SITCHEATION SOMTHEN JUMPS OUT ATZ ME. THESE GIDDENS FELLAS HAVE DONE FACES A COUPLE OF BAD ARSE RB'S /QB'S.

ACCORDING TO ALL THAT STAT STUFF ON ALL THESE COLLEGE RECRUTEN WEBSITES BOUT 5 OF'M IS 4.4-4.5 SPEED, QB'S AVERAGEN 300 COMBO YDS. PER GAME.........NOT SAYING THAT THEY CAN STOP ANYBODY, JUST SAY'N THAT DUN SEENT WHAT FAST IS, SPEED OF THE GAME, SOME OF THESE HERE BOYS WUZ ON FIELD V. WEST ORANGE LAST YEAR......SO THEY AIN'T GONNA BE SHOCKED BY NO OFFENSE

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 03:42 PM
A shocking offense is not required to win. Just a team that plays together and executes.

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
A shocking offense is not required to win. Just a team that plays together and executes. :clap: don't even bother arguing w/ em J5. I seem to remember last year a couple of these same guys attacking anyone that picked Giddings to lose to WOS......

BOCEPHUS
11-24-2008, 03:46 PM
OK, I BE DUN, HE GONNA START A VERBALIZING ON ME, TRYING TO CONFUSE OLE BO......................WHAT THE H3LL IWAS A TRY'N TO SAY WAS THEY DUNT SEENT THE SPEED OF THE GAME, REAL FAST, THEY WILL NOT BE SHOCKED IF RH HAS SOME HEAT, WAS WEEKLY DEAL IN THIS HERE DIST., THROW IN LIBERTY HILL, ELGIN, WACO ROB., ROCKDALE IN A SCRIMMAGE.............LA VERNIA........

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 03:50 PM
OK, I BE DUN, HE GONNA START A VERBALIZING ON ME, TRYING TO CONFUSE OLE BO......................WHAT THE H3LL IWAS A TRY'N TO SAY WAS THEY DUNT SEENT THE SPEED OF THE GAME, REAL FAST, THEY WILL NOT BE SHOCKED IF RH HAS SOME HEAT, WAS WEEKLY DEAL IN THIS HERE DIST., THROW IN LIBERTY HILL, ELGIN, WACO ROB., ROCKDALE IN A SCRIMMAGE.............LA VERNIA........ you haven't gotta worry bout me Bo....you're one that I actually DO like. You're an alright fella.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
OK, I BE DUN, HE GONNA START A VERBALIZING ON ME, TRYING TO CONFUSE OLE BO......................WHAT THE H3LL IWAS A TRY'N TO SAY WAS THEY DUNT SEENT THE SPEED OF THE GAME, REAL FAST, THEY WILL NOT BE SHOCKED IF RH HAS SOME HEAT, WAS WEEKLY DEAL IN THIS HERE DIST., THROW IN LIBERTY HILL, ELGIN, WACO ROB., ROCKDALE IN A SCRIMMAGE.............LA VERNIA........ so when RH beats them, are those teams still considered above and beyond the teams from down south?

Cats Fan
11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
ive come to the conlucison that you guys seem to be posting while under the influence. :doh:

footballgal
11-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Cats Fan
ive come to the conlucison that you guys seem to be posting while under the influence. :doh:

:D For their sake, we only hope that's the case Cats Fan. lol

buff4life
11-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Giddings by 17 :D

thats right, we make a field goal
or more likely we miss an extra point and RH makes a FG lol

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 06:07 PM

OKAY!:D

Me by the way, or a guy with a name like me. I don't personally remember stirring the pot w/ you, which is all I do on here for fun, but maybe I did. Did we have fun doing it. I remember some of the ones that bother me, you don't seem to stick out?

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
OKAY!:D

Me by the way, or a guy with a name like me. I don't personally remember stirring the pot w/ you, which is all I do on here for fun, but maybe I did. Did we have fun doing it. I remember some of the ones that bother me, you don't seem to stick out? I don't just go around picking against teams w/ no reasoning behind my picks, LOL. You and b4l came after me last year for my pick in the WOS game. I will tell you, I am cheering for RH because they are a south TX team and I'm from S. TX..., but Giddings is a good team and I picked them to win this game. I am not sore about Needville and company getting swept....I kinda knew it was coming. Our district was average at best this year, and D25 is dang good. I make no bones about that. I just like it when the underdog gets some love. I am usually one of the biggest advocates of "they valley teams can't hang"....but that isn't the case this year. The valley reps are legit. I hope both teams have good, injury free games, and may the best team win.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 07:07 PM
ive come to the conlucison that you guys seem to be posting while under the influence. :doh: :spitlol:

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 07:08 PM
one thing that Giddings knows going into the game is that Rio Hondo is not the most talented team they've played this year... probably not close... but man do they fire off the ball... they g.a.y.a!

striker
11-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Nice to see that Rio Hondo is playing well. Former Valley-ite here....Good Luck Bobcats....There really is nothing like the atmosphere on a Friday Night in the Rio Grande Valley......

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
one thing that Giddings knows going into the game is that Rio Hondo is not the most talented team they've played this year... probably not close... but man do they fire off the ball... they g.a.y.a!

one thing that Rio Hondo knows going into the game is that Giddings is not the most talented team they've played this year... probably not close... but man do they fire off the ball... they g.a.y.a!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by striker
Nice to see that Rio Hondo is playing well. Former Valley-ite here....Good Luck Bobcats....There really is nothing like the atmosphere on a Friday Night in the Rio Grande Valley...... thats the truth!

buff4life
11-24-2008, 08:08 PM

one thing that Rio Hondo knows going into the game is that Giddings is not the most talented team they've played this year... probably not close... but man do they fire off the ball... they g.a.y.a!

umm...alright

GreenMachine
11-24-2008, 08:17 PM

one thing that Rio Hondo knows going into the game is that Giddings is not the most talented team they've played this year... probably not close... but man do they fire off the ball... they g.a.y.a! You got that right :D

Buff O-Line
11-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Giddings by 17 :D

thats right, we make a field goal
or more likely we miss an extra point and RH makes a FG lol

It becoming evident that most people (especially the poster above) on this board have never played a down of Varsity football. Rio Hondo will play a mistake free game and Giddings will put the ball on the ground at least 5 times. I predict Giddings prevails 27-21 :D

GreenMachine
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Buff O-Line
It becoming evident that most people (especially the poster above) on this board have never played a down of Varsity football. Rio Hondo will play a mistake free game and Giddings will put the ball on the ground at least 5 times. I predict Giddings prevails 27-21 :D I suppose I am the poster above and I did predict Giddings to win and yes I played many downs of varsity football and yes RH played and lost to a more talented team than the Buffs!

Buff O-Line
11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
My bad dude. I meant the (especially above for the poster buff4life my bad). I'm new to this.

GreenMachine
11-24-2008, 08:34 PM
My bad dude. I meant the (especially above for the poster buff4life my bad). I'm new to this. Welcome aboard!:clap:

1st and goal
11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Just dive in and get yourself wet Buff O-Line!

BOCEPHUS
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
so when RH beats them, are those teams still considered above and beyond the teams from down south?

let me checks my geography, if ur down south u got to be considered below and beneath, whether u win or lose, i knows my book learn'en

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2008, 10:42 PM
let me checks my geography, if ur down south u got to be considered below and beneath, whether u win or lose, i knows my book learn'en :D :clap: somebody noticed it :)

buff4life
11-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Just dive in and get yourself wet Buff O-Line!

he already did, he got so wet he's about to drown...

this kid has no idea...mr expert thinks he is one and i guarantee there is more football knowledge in my foot than in his entire body

buff4ever
11-24-2008, 11:53 PM

this kid has no idea...mr expert thinks he is one and i guarantee there is more football knowledge in my foot than in his entire body

Easy 4life, bandwaggoners come along. Some never pan out, some do; and some of those that do grow up quickly if you know what I mean. Let time do its thing in growing up people.

I still got somebody in the past day or so that says he doesn't like me on here. I guess he doesn't get that I am just talking smack and stirring the pot a little.:D

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 12:05 AM
where the heck is Darren??? Yall banish him or something?

My prediction:

Giddings 48
Rio Hondo 17

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Rio Hondo 37 Giddings 34 OT

buff4life
11-25-2008, 12:15 AM

My prediction:

Giddings 48
Rio Hondo 17

I haven't talked to Darren in months, i have no idea where he is at

buff4ever
11-25-2008, 12:16 AM
OT, what are you trying to do. We don't need OT, there is a game to get to in San Marcos.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 12:19 AM
OT, what are you trying to do. We don't need OT, there is a game to get to in San Marcos. hey i'm only sticking around til mid 3rd qtr :D

buff4ever
11-25-2008, 12:24 AM
that's funny I was counting on doing the same in san marcos:p :tongue: :smoker: :D :D JK

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 12:31 AM
that's funny I was counting on doing the same in san marcos:p :tongue: :smoker: :D :D JK No you're not...

I need to figure out the best place for a M&G at Bobcat Stadium

BOCEPHUS
11-25-2008, 06:04 AM
u know i been a look'n at it, just way it is i am afraid. but i been a notic'en that some u folks on here just ain't smart enough fer me to talk to. I KNOW I HATE TO BE THAT WAY, BUT.........

MAYBE BUBBA-JO BE BACK TODAY, NOW THERES A FELLA MAN CAN DISCUSS SOME STUFF WITH, LONG AS WE GOTZ A TRANSLATER

Buff O-Line
11-25-2008, 11:34 AM

You need to Take it Easy Buff4Life or should I say Cripp. I know that you’re still upset because you never played a down of Varsity Football or Junior Varsity Football. It's Okay. Stirring the Pot as Buff4ever said.

Prediction: 27-21 Giddings: Giddings will put the ball on the ground 5 times because with 7 at quarterback the mesh between the center and QB is not quite there. Still a dominating performance by the Buffaloes.

1st and goal
11-25-2008, 12:25 PM
You need to Take it Easy Buff4Life or should I say Cripp. I know that you’re still upset because you never played a down of Varsity Football or Junior Varsity Football. It's Okay. Stirring the Pot as Buff4ever said.

Prediction: 27-21 Giddings: Giddings will put the ball on the ground 5 times because with 7 at quarterback the mesh between the center and QB is not quite there. Still a dominating performance by the Buffaloes.

Well, you certainly dove in the deep end of the pool.

Masek looked good against Columbus and Sweeny. I think he's going to be fine. Not to worry.

Buffgal
11-25-2008, 12:41 PM
masek and weiser are both doing a great job. A few kinks now and then but, hey they're in high school.

Just got a couple of calls this week from some concerned friends, seems neighboring county newpapers have reported that Plumlee has everything from a broken ankle, broken shoulder, broken neck, broken back and one said he lost a finger vs Bellville. And we wonder how rumors get started.......It's really OK to just say "he's better on defense" He's cool with that set up.

Let's again look up the infamous 3adl word "facetious"...seems they are using it in actual print, not just on this forum screen.

Go Buffs, bring the WAO for 48 minutes.

No free lunches

1st and goal
11-25-2008, 12:43 PM
BTW,

What does it take for Giddings to make GOTW in Region 4?

bulldogs_1975
11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I hate to say this but Giddings will win this one by 4 or more touchdowns. If Giddings does not come out flat it will be ugly and ugly in a hurry. No offense to Rio Hondo I just do not feel they are in the same league as Giddings. A friend of mine coaches at a school they played recently and he said they played horrible against them and only lost by a touchdown. I know that his team is not very good at all. The QB is ok but he will get tested early. I hope Rio Hondo proves me wrong but time will tell

44INAROW
11-25-2008, 01:00 PM
BTW,

I'd be willing to guess if Giddings wins this week - they'll be one of the teams in the Reg IV GOTW ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by bulldogs_1975
I hate to say this but Giddings will win this one by 4 or more touchdowns. If Giddings does not come out flat it will be ugly and ugly in a hurry. No offense to Rio Hondo I just do not feel they are in the same league as Giddings. A friend of mine coaches at a school they played recently and he said they played horrible against them and only lost by a touchdown. I know that his team is not very good at all. The QB is ok but he will get tested early. I hope Rio Hondo proves me wrong but time will tell i would say it was horrible, they gave up 57 points to RH while they manage 50:doh:

RH QB won't be stopped, he faced a better defense in Cuero and manage one big one against them and against Giddings he will have a few.

Buff O-Line
11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
masek and weiser are both doing a great job. A few kinks now and then but, hey they're in high school.

Go Buffs, bring the WAO for 48 minutes.

No free lunches

I agree 100 percent that Masek and Weiser are doing a great job. But the exhange can be very vital especially on a fourth and short. Those plays are usually what make or break you.

Cats Fan
11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Lets Go BOBCATS!

Johnny 5
11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
This game will come down to who has the better defense

bulldogs_1975
11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
The score of the Rio Hondo and Cuero game was 42-7 and might I add that was the second week of the season. I am willing to bet that Cuero was still working out the kinks. Giddings up front is alot like Cuero from what I could tell the other night against Yoakum. Having seeing both Cuero and Giddings I would say that Giddings would have given Cuero a run for there money. If Rio Hondo can not stop the midline or veer they are in trouble. Giddings defensively is pretty fast they really fly to the football and they are aggressive. I am going to stick with my original prediction of 50-7

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
BTW,

If you read or even glanced at the Region page throughout the year it stated that any suggestions for GoTW could be sent to the R4Editor.

If you win on Friday, Giddings will be GOTW next week!

buff4ever
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
This game will come down to who has the better defense

I hope you are right!:D

Defense wins championships right?

Necks_Fan
11-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I BE THANKIN GIDDENS COULD WIN THIS WON HER BYE 30+.

Bubba-Joe and BOCEPHUS no habia un corrija idioma.

:cool:

I hope that (^^) was right.) Haha!

Cats Fan
11-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I BE THANKIN GIDDENS COULD WIN THIS WON HER BYE 30+.

Bubba-Joe and BOCEPHUS no habia un corrija idioma.

:cool:

I hope that (^^) was right.) Haha!

actually its, no habia un idioma correcto
http://www.mindspring.com/~erhoades/yardart/bubba1.jpg

BOCEPHUS
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
actually its, no habia un idioma correcto
http://www.mindspring.com/~erhoades/yardart/bubba1.jpg

ima push'n 1 for englesh, leave'n me outa this'un here............could care less. dun seent a big buck roam'n the back creek, gonna pop his arse friday nite, excuse i mean friday before dark...................

anyway, all i know bout this here game is that one team dun't been in some by gawd wars with some solid folks, JUSTAFACT.

MAY NOT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE................DON'T REALLY KEER, JUST BE TRUTH.

I GONNA GET ANOTHER BEER..............................IF'EN SOMEBODY IS A BUY'N??

gobbler grad
11-25-2008, 08:29 PM
it's a intimidation factor...they're just messing with you people...:thinking:

gtownfan
11-25-2008, 09:09 PM
BTW,

If Giddings wins this week, they'll have no choice but to make it the GOTW! Just too many good matchups throughout the year.

Darren
11-25-2008, 10:10 PM

My prediction:

Giddings 48
Rio Hondo 17

Hey I'm here...

I am leaving the Buff talking to 4Life and 4ever this year. They certaining know much more about the team this year than I do.

I'm still pulling for the good guys (Giddings that is) and I will venture a completely uneducated guess of Giddings by 21 this week. Good luck buffs....Lets hope for the District re-match.

Maybe we could have a game at Kyle Field.

buff4ever
11-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Hey I'm here...

I am leaving the Buff talking to 4Life and 4ever this year. They certaining know much more about the team this year than I do.

I'm still pulling for the good guys (Giddings that is) and I will venture a completely uneducated guess of Giddings by 21 this week. Good luck buffs....Lets hope for the District re-match.

Maybe we could have a game at Kyle Field.

We knew more than you did last year too:D

So next excuse?:confused: :D

Jump back on the bandwagon and let's enjoy whatever ride is left:D :D

BOCEPHUS
11-26-2008, 06:26 AM
bandwagon leaves too late fer me, they don't get thar till bout hour fore kickoff.
plus i can't play nuthen.

HERE IS JUST HOW IT IS, NO OPINION............

SINCE AUGUST GIDDENS LOOKED ACROSS THE LINE 9 TIMES AND SEENT A PLAYOFF TEAM A LOOK'N BACK AT THEM(ROCKDALE-LIBERTY HILL-LA VERNIA-WHARTON-ELGIN-BELLVILLE -SEALY-SWEENY-YOAKUM)........DUN'T SEEN BIG FAST QB'S, FAST RB, BIG RB, HUGE OL, FAST DEFENSE, STRIKE'N DEFENSE, GREAT KICKERS, AND ON AND ON...........THEY DUN SEENT 8-9-10-AND YEAH EVEN 11 IN TTHE PROVERBIAL BOX, STILL DON'T KEER.

I AIN'T SAYING GIDDENS CAN EVEN STAY ON THE FIELD WITH HONDO.WHO KNOWS, I JUST BE SAYING BUFSS DUNT BEEN TO WAR PLENTY TIMES THIS YEAR, AND YEAH THEY KNOW THEY GOING BACK TO IT FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

SOMTIMES U JUST GOT TO SUCK DOWN IN THE SADDLE AND NOT WORRY ABOUT THE FALL(CUZ IT COMING), BUT SINK SPURS AND ENJOY THE RIDE................

1st and goal
11-26-2008, 06:55 AM
BO KNOWS FOOTBALL...

HEY BO, WHAT DAT DER BUCK'S POINT SPREAD IN DAT DER CRICK BOTTOM? YOU FIGER ITS ABOUT 21? GUESS WE ALL WILL KNOW FRIDAY NITE.

BOCEPHUS
11-26-2008, 07:10 AM
WUZ HARD 2 COUNT, BEAM MADE MY NOCULARS OUT OF FOCUS. BUT LOOKED LIKE HE WUZA DRAGG'N A TREE LIMB AROUND THAT BLOWD DOWN DURING IKE

Bubba-Joe
11-26-2008, 08:39 AM
u know i been a look'n at it, just way it is i am afraid. but i been a notic'en that some u folks on here just ain't smart enough fer me to talk to. I KNOW I HATE TO BE THAT WAY, BUT.........

MAYBE BUBBA-JO BE BACK TODAY, NOW THERES A FELLA MAN CAN DISCUSS SOME STUFF WITH, LONG AS WE GOTZ A TRANSLATER

Been gone for a few days, had to get Lupita back to Oxaca, she just had to go see her Mama'cita for the holiday.

1st and goal
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
KSAT is predicting rain with a high of 64° on Friday.

;) We could move the game to Giddings, IT NEVER RAINS THERE. Don't ask me how I know. Being a hay farmer and such.:D

Necks_Fan
11-26-2008, 01:07 PM
It was hard to count. My binoculars were out of focus. It looked like he was dragging a tree limb around that had fallen during Ike.

Look at that good grammar by ole BO. I knew he had it in him, didn't y'all?

Gobbla2001
11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Hell, I aint know who isa gone vote ferr nearly all this damn week tilla realized uh like that thur poster from giddins talkin bout his noculairs and that big ole buck draggn rounda tree trunk from that ike feller.. I bout fell outta this here chair, but no worry i put tha spurs inner...

I go wit giddins now

BOCEPHUS
11-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Y'ALL BOYS LOOKAHERE, THEY HAY IS IN THE BARN, DOOR BARN SHUT. HOPE DAM THING DON'T LEAK!!

BUBBA U GONNA DEEP DRY A COUPLE OF'EM THURSDAY????

TRAPS ME COUPLE OF THEM SMALL PIGS AND FEED'EM OUT FER ME, I'LL BRING THE BEAM WHEN WE CUT'M UP, GOT SHARP KNIVES THIS TIME.

WELL, IT EARLY, BUTT STILL BEER:30, CATCH U BOYS LATER

Gobbla2001
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Hell Bocephus, aint ner too early for beer:30...

me an uh boys bout to get shinded right up to head out to that Victoryuh... We headn to some club callt the Canyon.

I bean err wunts or twice, but days got a dress code. seems a lil too much for uh small town like 'at, but if days inna horry to be Dallas go on and let'em I guess.

Las time I met uh lady err I thought Id taker home cents chee looked nice. but it was only cuzza 'at thur dress code. come to fine out she dress like barney rubble normally.

hell aint had nottin but bad luck at that place. one time I fergot 't leave wit muh DD. he ended up havn to come get thuh keys from muh later, they idn't woana lemme driv home. reckon that was uh good thing seeing 'at they took muh license few minutes before DD showed up..

wimbo_pro
11-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Rio Hondo won't be able to handle Giddings for a full 4 quarters, IMO. Giddings to win 38-17

Necks_Fan
11-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Hell Bocephus, aint ner too early for beer:30...

me an uh boys bout to get shinded right up to head out to that Victoryuh... We headn to some club callt the Canyon.

I bean err wunts or twice, but days got a dress code. seems a lil too much for uh small town like 'at, but if days inna horry to be Dallas go on and let'em I guess.

Las time I met uh lady err I thought Id taker home cents chee looked nice. but it was only cuzza 'at thur dress code. come to fine out she dress like barney rubble normally.

hell aint had nottin but bad luck at that place. one time I fergot 't leave wit muh DD. he ended up havn to come get thuh keys from muh later, they idn't woana lemme driv home. reckon that was uh good thing seeing 'at they took muh license few minutes before DD showed up.. Haha! Lmao. :clap:

BOCEPHUS
11-26-2008, 08:46 PM
lets analyze the possible scenarios:

RH 'O' V. GIDDENS 'D'

RH HAS HUGE O-LINE, GOOD SPEED AT QB/RB POSTION, BUT PASSING GAME IS AVERAGE AT BEST, NO DEEP THREAT.

GIDDENS HAS TREMENDOUS DEFENSIVE SPEED, JUST NOT ALOT OF SIZE, HAS TROUBLE WITH POWER FOOTBALL AT TIMES.

HOW RH APPROACHES THE RUN GAME WILL BE THE KEY, IF THEY THINK THEY HAVE THE SPEED ADVANTAGE MIGHT END UP PUNTING ALOT. THEY WILL GAMBLE ON OFFENSE, AND THEY MUST, ALSO MUST COMPLETE SOME LONG PASSES, AND GET TIME DO TO SO.

GIDDENS COULD GO MAN AND BRING '7', THEY HAVE DONE IT BEFORE V. SPREAD TEAMS. BUT JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE 4.4 SPEED IN THE SECONDARY DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL NOT GET BEAT DEEP. KEY COULD BE HOW MUCH TIME RH HAS TO THROW.

KEY: RH MUST BE A THREAT THOWING THE FOOTBALL, CANNOT ALLOW GIDDENS TO PLAY MAN AND BRING 7 IN THE BOX.

GIDDENS 'O' V. ' RH 'D'

LETS GO OUT ON A LIMB AND SAY GIDENS GOING TO RUN THE
FOOTBALL BETWEEN THE TACKLES 46 TIMES(ATLEAST). AND ALSO THEY FUMBLE ATLEAST 2 TIMES A GAME. THAT BEING SAID THEY MUST BE ABLE TO STAND TOE TO TOE WITH GIDDENS IN THE 3RD AND 4TH QTR WHILE THEY ARE STILL COMING DOWNHILL.
IS JUST A QUESTION?? GIDDENS TEAM SPEED ON OFFENSE IS VERTICAL!!! OLD SCHOOL.

IF RH CAN STUNT ENOUGH TO CAUSE CONFUSION, KEEP ENOUGH PEOPLE IN THE BOX(THAT WOULD BE 9) TO CAUSE SOME 3RD AND LONGS.........WELL COULD MAYBE KEEP GIDDENS FROM THE 409 YARDS OFFENSE AVERAGE(ACCORDING TO AUSTIN PAPER).

KEY: IF GIDDENS STARTS THE DOWNHILL GAME EARLY, IS HARD TO STOP THEM,........

HOPE IS GREAT GAME.

RH COMING TO PROVE SOMETHING, THEY ARE FOR REAL.

GIDDENS NEEDS THIS WIN FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON, OTHER REASON TO FOLLOW

Necks_Fan
11-26-2008, 08:50 PM
lets analyze the possible scenarios:

RH 'O' V. GIDDENS 'D'

RH HAS HUGE O-LINE, GOOD SPEED AT QB/RB POSTION, BUT PASSING GAME IS AVERAGE AT BEST, NO DEEP THREAT.

GIDDENS HAS TREMENDOUS DEFENSIVE SPEED, JUST NOT ALOT OF SIZE, HAS TROUBLE WITH POWER FOOTBALL AT TIMES.

HOW RH APPROACHES THE RUN GAME WILL BE THE KEY, IF THEY THINK THEY HAVE THE SPEED ADVANTAGE MIGHT END UP PUNTING ALOT. THEY WILL GAMBLE ON OFFENSE, AND THEY MUST, ALSO MUST COMPLETE SOME LONG PASSES, AND GET TIME DO TO SO.

GIDDENS COULD GO MAN AND BRING '7', THEY HAVE DONE IT BEFORE V. SPREAD TEAMS. BUT JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE 4.4 SPEED IN THE SECONDARY DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL NOT GET BEAT DEEP. KEY COULD BE HOW MUCH TIME RH HAS TO THROW.

KEY: RH MUST BE A THREAT THOWING THE FOOTBALL, CANNOT ALLOW GIDDENS TO PLAY MAN AND BRING 7 IN THE BOX.

GIDDENS 'O' V. ' RH 'D'

LETS GO OUT ON A LIMB AND SAY GIDENS GOING TO RUN THE
FOOTBALL BETWEEN THE TACKLES 46 TIMES(ATLEAST). AND ALSO THEY FUMBLE ATLEAST 2 TIMES A GAME. THAT BEING SAID THEY MUST BE ABLE TO STAND TOE TO TOE WITH GIDDENS IN THE 3RD AND 4TH QTR WHILE THEY ARE STILL COMING DOWNHILL.
IS JUST A QUESTION?? GIDDENS TEAM SPEED ON OFFENSE IS VERTICAL!!! OLD SCHOOL.

IF RH CAN STUNT ENOUGH TO CAUSE CONFUSION, KEEP ENOUGH PEOPLE IN THE BOX(THAT WOULD BE 9) TO CAUSE SOME 3RD AND LONGS.........WELL COULD MAYBE KEEP GIDDENS FROM THE 409 YARDS OFFENSE AVERAGE(ACCORDING TO AUSTIN PAPER).

KEY: IF GIDDENS STARTS THE DOWNHILL GAME EARLY, IS HARD TO STOP THEM,........

HOPE IS GREAT GAME.

RH COMING TO PROVE SOMETHING, THEY ARE FOR REAL.

GIDDENS NEEDS THIS WIN FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON, OTHER REASON TO FOLLOW Other than some Jacked up spelling here and there, I would have never known it was BO speaking....er... typing.

Sounded sorta not red neck hill billyish.

wimbo_pro
11-26-2008, 08:58 PM
What the HELL has this thread turned into?

1st and goal
11-26-2008, 09:10 PM
How many are coming to this game 1st, then going to San Marcus to see Sinton/Bellville game?

Oh yeah, to keep it on topic, Giddings Rolls.

wimbo_pro
11-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Other than some Jacked up spelling here and there, I would have never known it was BO speaking....er... typing.

Sounded sorta not red neck hill billyish.

I won't read it until he loses the caps.

BOCEPHUS
11-27-2008, 05:51 AM
got to wear a CAP OR HAT, DAM SUN BE OUT TODAY.

WHAT U MEAN SUM JACKED UP SPELL'N/TIP'EN??

I GRADEATED THE 7TH GRADE, FER AS I COULD GO.

JUST REMEMBER 'BO' IS WHAT HE IS, WHEN HE NEEDS TO BE.

AIN'T MY FIRST BY GAWD RODEO, DON'T PLAN ON IT A BE'IN MY LAST.

WELL I GOTZ TO EASE AROUND HERE SE CAN I TAKE THE OLE .22 AND POP A HEN IN THE HEAD, MOMMA GOT THE GREASE HOT.

HOP SHE GOT TIME TO CLENE THAT DANG THING, I GOTZ COLE BEER TO DRINK, BUBBA CUM'N OVER AFTER 'WALK THRU'S- I MEAN WE GETS OFF'N FER LUNCH.

HAPPY THANKSGIV'EN TO ALL Y'ALL

Bubba-Joe
11-27-2008, 03:56 PM
hope the rest of you had a good turkey day
Bocephus and the family enjoyed a well fried big bird,
most everyone is asleep now seein as how the lyuns are getting hammered by the team formerly known as the OILERS, still luv ya blue, Bum Phillips is a true Titan
Enjoy the left overs and Happy Thanksgiving.

BOCEPHUS
11-27-2008, 04:12 PM

Enjoy the left overs and Happy Thanksgiving.

DOWN TO 3 LEFTOVERS, U NEED TO GOT TO THE STORE, OR SEND THE WOMEN

Bubba-Joe
11-27-2008, 06:20 PM
can't afford the cost of the dui better send that ex-stripper girlfriend of yourns to the sac-n-pac for more cold pearl

t-bird
11-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Little too close to being racial here. Suggest you stay away from that. What's racial about it?

BOCEPHUS
11-27-2008, 06:36 PM
can't afford the cost of the dui better send that ex-stripper girlfriend of yourns to the sac-n-pac for more cold pearl

EX.???? U MEAN PART TIME!! STILL NEED THE XTRA $$, PRICE A DEER CORN AND ALL

Bubba-Joe
11-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by t-bird
What's racial about it?

T-Bird sin necesidad de remover la olla con 66. sólo mejor dejar ir y no fuego a nadie hasta el día de hoy.

for you non-bilingual folks

T-Bird no need to stir the pot with 66. just best to let go and not fire anyone up today.

Happy Thanksgiving to the 3a Downlow Family.

Feliz Día de Acción de Gracias a la 3a familia Downlow

t-bird
11-27-2008, 06:41 PM
T-Bird sin necesidad de remover la olla con 66. sólo mejor dejar ir y no fuego a nadie hasta el día de hoy.

for you non-bilingual folks

T-Bird no need to stir the pot with 66. just best to let go and not fire anyone up today.

Happy Thanksgiving to the 3a Downlow Family.

Feliz Día de Acción de Gracias a la 3a familia Downlow

Well, I just wondering. Because if he is referring to whoever's comment about English-Spanish pamphlets, then it is not a matter of racism. Because niether English or Spanish are races, but ethnicities, if anything...Or if you want to be real technical, people from England and Spain. I'm not trying to stirr the pot, but it just bothers me whenever people mis-reference things like that.

BOCEPHUS
11-27-2008, 06:42 PM
GUESS'N IT BE A RACIAL WHEN I BE A POST'N, NOBODY DUN GOT THERE PANTIES IN A WAD WHEN BE A REDNECK'N IT UP............SO..........................

ONLY PROBLEM I GOTZ IS WHO SLIP THE SCHAEFER LITE IN WITH THE GUD BER

t-bird
11-27-2008, 06:43 PM
GUESS'N IT BE A RACIAL WHEN I BE A POST'N, NOBODY DUN GOT THERE PANTIES IN A WAD WHEN BE A REDNECK'N IT UP............SO..........................

ONLY PROBLEM I GOTZ IS WHO SLIP THE SCHAEFER LITE IN WITH THE GUD BER

Lol, the comment didn't bother me personally at all.

Bubba-Joe
11-27-2008, 06:50 PM
EX.???? U MEAN PART TIME!! STILL NEED THE XTRA $$, PRICE A DEER CORN AND ALL

I thought she give all that up for the high payin job, you know the one where she got reassigned and a raise to boot

guess that extra shake shake money will fix the motor on the bass boat

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by t-bird
Lol, the comment didn't bother me personally at all. it did some people and it wasn't aprreciated by some of the RGV folks in this forum but they show restraint in not stiring it anymore. K enough of that lets get back to how Giddings needs to control RH qb Joseph Vela.

Johnny 5
11-27-2008, 08:06 PM
If they do that, it'll just open up Trevor David or Jacob Martinez ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2008, 08:17 PM
If they do that, it'll just open up Trevor David or Jacob Martinez ;) :2thumbsup

Last year it was Vela and Martinez, this year with David in there, RH now has 3 options every play that they can give the ball to a play maker.

Bubba-Joe
11-27-2008, 09:45 PM
it did some people and it wasn't aprreciated by some of the RGV folks in this forum but they show restraint in not stiring it anymore. K enough of that lets get back to how Giddings needs to control RH qb Joseph Vela.

No offense was intended, truthfully the ability to read and write and speak in a language other than English is an advantage.
I have been to games in the Valley on more than one occasion, and the PA announcer called those games in Spanish. Again the ability to communicate in more than one language is an advantage.

No era ofensa, la verdad la capacidad de leer y escribir y hablar en un idioma distinto del Inglés es una ventaja.
He estado a los juegos en el Valle en más de una ocasión, y la Autoridad Palestina locutor llamado a los juegos en español. Una vez más la capacidad de comunicarse en más de un idioma es una ventaja.

I am leaving this alone from here on out, but I will end with this, I did not intend to offend.

Johnny 5
11-27-2008, 09:47 PM
heh . . . I have never heard a game announced in spanish

Additup
11-27-2008, 10:51 PM
I recall my Friday night radio post-game scores in the valley sounded something like this:

Los búfalos de Giddings treinta y cinco.
Los linces de Rio Hondo ni ** ni fa.

t-bird
11-27-2008, 11:53 PM
it did some people and it wasn't aprreciated by some of the RGV folks in this forum but they show restraint in not stiring it anymore. K enough of that lets get back to how Giddings needs to control RH qb Joseph Vela.

Nor was I trying to stir things up, I was merely pointing out that the statement is not a matter of race.

buff4life
11-28-2008, 12:34 PM

so Buff OLine, or should I say fat arse to be correct in my censorship...anyway, i'm glad you think your way better than me because you played a down in JV FOOTBALL did your mom tell the coach to put you in there too??? seems like you might be the one that doesn't know anything, especially who i am but if you want to be stalkerish then more power to ya...

i'm pretty sure 48minutes could let ya know a thing or two about football and maybe life in general...something that you don't see too good at

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Rio Hondo threatening at the Giddings 5

game is on www.kvlgkbuk.com

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Time out Bobcats at the Giddings 4. Opening drive of the game

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Trevor David 4 yd TD run for the Bobcats. Jack Chavez kick good.

Rio Hondo 7
Giddings 0

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I recorded Rio Hondo first drive and post later tonight.

Giddings could be in for a long game defensivley

Giddings driving

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 04:15 PM
TD Giddings on a 42 yd. run in which everyone except the runner thought he was down. Kick good

Rio Hondo 7
Giddings 7

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Joseph Vela 29 TD pass to Oscar Martinez. Jack Chavez kick good

Rio Hondo 14
Giddings 7

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 04:24 PM
wow... very interesting... figgerd ida bean readn bout a giddins bowlout right now...

RH has either drastically improved since playing Cuero or Giddings isn't as advertised here...

gotta think it's the first...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Giddings has fumble in both drives but hae manage to recoer them

RH getting some good hits on the ball carriers

Lets RH!

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 04:33 PM
I lost the stream:mad:

Last I heard, Giddings had a 3rd & 8 deep in RH territory

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I lost the stream:mad:

Last I heard, Giddings had a 3rd & 8 deep in RH territory

tied up at 14

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Woohoo. Anothe rgame to listen to.

Sounds good so far. :clap:

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
My feed keeps cutting in and out, is yalls doing this?

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I get it for a few seconds, then it dissappears

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 04:43 PM
yah it sucks... bad feed here...

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Giddings up 21-14

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 04:50 PM
big 4th and 1 pick up for RH down in Giddings territory... this feed sux...

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 04:52 PM
big 4th and 1 pick up for RH down in Giddings territory... this feed sux... Yea.... they feed REALLY sucks.

VOZS
11-28-2008, 04:54 PM
it is hard to follow the action because it cuts in and out so much

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 04:55 PM
not sure, but I think it's tied 21-21... I know RH scored, just not "positive" on the extra point... feed will lag then skip up to current, then stop, then start where it left off and kick back up to current... weird...

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2008, 04:56 PM
not sure, but I think it's tied 21-21... I know RH scored, just not "positive" on the extra point... feed will lag then skip up to current, then stop, then start where it left off and kick back up to current... weird...
Yes, PAT was good.

VOZS
21-21

Gobbla2001
and I believe there were 2-3 mins left in the first HALF...

very good game...

Necks_Fan
Tied at 21.

Feed sucks SO bad. But here I am listening anyway. Lol.

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 04:59 PM
and I believe there were 2-3 mins left in the first HALF...

very good game... Yea. Def. I thought it would be a blowout.

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 05:00 PM
My feed works ALOT better if I let it wait, then catch up later.

It I listen live it cuts in and out BAD.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2008, 05:01 PM
I am here live and have all of RH drives on video

1:07 left

2nd and 5 at RH 43 for Giddings

Giddings with 2 time outs left

1st down to RH 37

reverse goes nowhere for a loss of 2

Time out Giddings with 53 secs left in 2nd qtr

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:01 PM
for those not listening... here's how this broadcast is going...

"Giddings with the ball, 3rd and 6, he takes the pitch, RUNS OUTSIDE... Rio Hondo with a 2nd 6 in Giddings terrirory, QB takes the snap... kick is up"

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I am here live and have all of RH drives on video

1:07 left

2nd and 5 at RH 43 for Giddings

Giddings with 2 time outs left

1st down to RH 37

reverse goes nowhere for a loss of 2

Time out Giddings with 53 secs left in 2nd qtr

you are an awesome person

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2008, 05:03 PM
intercepted at the 5 yd line with 44 secs left in 2nd

RH runs out clock

Rio Hondo 21 Giddings 21 halftime

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:04 PM
intercepted at the 5 yd line with 44 secs left in 2nd

RH runs out clock

Rio Hondo 21 Giddings 21 halftime

shoulda been gotw

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 05:06 PM
for those not listening... here's how this broadcast is going...

"Giddings with the ball, 3rd and 6, he takes the pitch, RUNS OUTSIDE... Rio Hondo with a 2nd 6 in Giddings terrirory, QB takes the snap... kick is up" Lol. You forgot to mentio that there were 2 punts, a 2 point conv, a blocked EP, and KR Td all thrown in there somewhere too.

:doh:

Necks_Fan
11-28-2008, 05:08 PM
shoulda been gotw Who kw it was going to be this good?

Lol. Nobody.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Lol. You forgot to mentio that there were 2 punts, a 2 point conv, a blocked EP, and KR Td all thrown in there somewhere too.

:doh:

yah and something about a good place to do laundry and a warm afternoon in san an the rio hondo defenders thought he was down

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:32 PM
just heard this sequence as they were playing "friends in low places"

"think I'll slip on down to low places, yah I got friends in 104.9"

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:38 PM
did the giddings ball-carriers wash their hands with crisco before this game?

they've recovered all fumbles but sheesh... one's gotta go RH's way...

44INAROW
11-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Wow - sounds like I've been missing a good one........ I'm watching LSU and Ark - another good game

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:52 PM
28-21 GIDDINGS... RH had a 1st and goal at the 1 yard line and Giddings held on 4th and goal.. wow... musta been awesome to see... love goal-line stands...

Darren
11-28-2008, 05:55 PM
man rio is playing risky. Giddings up by 14 after a goal line stand.

VOZS
11-28-2008, 06:12 PM
any more updates? I gave up on the feed. It was frustrating me...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2008, 06:13 PM
score?

Giddings first score after looking a video playback the rb landed on his own teammate and never touch the ground and heads up play kept on running while already else stopped

VOZS
11-28-2008, 06:13 PM
where did you see the video?

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 06:14 PM
yah... listening to that feed is like watching Old School on TBS or something... yah, it's Old School, but you're not getting it all and it's annoying...

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Giddings up 42-21 now

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by VOZS
where did you see the video? i recorded the first half, going to try posting later tonight after i get home from Sinton game or tommorrow morining

Bull Butter
11-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Giddings 42
Rio Hondo 28
Final

footballgal
11-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Congratulations to Giddings and great season Bobcats!

footballgal
11-28-2008, 11:30 PM
http://images.onset.freedom.com/rgvsports/medium/kb2oek-bobcatsvsbuffaloes4.jpg
Rio Hondo running back Trevor David looks for an opening between Giddings defenders Marcelo Hernandez (11) and Frankie Mathis during their Class 3A regional playoff game Friday afternoon at Gustafson Stadium in San Antonio.
Joe Hermosa | Valley Morning Star

http://common.onset.freedom.com/images/copyrighted.gif

Giddings eliminates Rio Hondo from 3A playoffs
Comments 4 | Recommend 0
November 28, 2008 - 7:55 PM
Armando Garza
RGVSports.com

SAN ANTONIO - Sometimes an inch can seem like a mile.

An inch played a huge role in Friday's Class 3A regional semifinal game between Rio Hondo and Giddings.

Down 28-21 in the third quarter, the Bobcats drove to the Buffalo 1-yard line and faced a fourth-and-goal. They went for it, but running back Trevor David was denied just inches shy of the goal line and they turned the ball (and momentum) over to Giddings.

Three plays later, the Buffaloes were in the end zone for a two-touchdown lead they never gave up as they stopped Rio Hondo 42-28 at Gustafson Stadium in San Antonio.

The Buffaloes (10-3) move on to face the Bellville-Sinton winner next week. Rio Hondo's campaign ends at 10-3.

"That play killed us," Rio Hondo head coach Rocky James said. "We were fixing to tie it and everything's still good. But we came up short, they drove 99 yards and that let the air out of the balloon a little bit."

Giddings head coach Derek Fitzhenry's squad got all they could handle from the Bobcats, but made good adjustments at the half and buckled down on defense to preserve the win.

"Our defense was awesome," Fitzhenry said. "We made some adjustments and I'm proud of our defense. Now we're in the fourth round of the playoffs."

The game started out a blow-for-blow match with a host of big plays.

Rio Hondo took the opening kickoff 69 yards and scored on Trevor David's 4-yard TD run. Jack Chavez's point after made it 7-0.

But Giddings answered right back with a 42-yard TD run by Eric Rimes (13 carries, 154 yards) on a crazy play.

Rimes had gained about 5 yards and was presumed down by nearly everyone in the stadium. However, an alert Rimes got up and zipped the rest of the way untouched for the score. Though Rio Hondo and James argued the call, it was to no avail as the Buffs tied the game with 7:19 to go in the first.

The game was played in that kind of fashion the rest of the first half.

The Cats came back and retook the lead when Joseph Vela hit a wide-open Oscar Martinez for a 30-yard TD strike. Martinez snuck behind the Giddings defense and had a clear path to the end zone. Chavez's PAT made it 14-7.

It marked the final high school game for the electrifying Vela, who finished with 77 yards rushing on the day to finish his senior year with 1,972 total.

Meanwhile, the Buffaloes didn't falter. They had firepower as well.

A 10-play, 54-yard drive ended with quarterback Trey Masek (26-177) from 2 yards out to make it 14-all after the PAT with 11:51 left in the second.

The first Bobcat punt gave it back to Giddings. The Buffaloes took the lead on a 6-yard dash by David Bradshaw (5-72).

"It was back-and-forth," Fitzhenry said. "We knew it was gonna come down to the team that could get a couple of stops. They (Rio Hondo) had a great offensive line."

But later, a 48-yard kickoff return by Isaiah De La Cruz set up David's 1-yard plunge to tie it.

Then the Buffs were on the move again right before half, but Vela picked off Masek on his only pass attempt of the entire game.

It was the only turnover Giddings committed, even though they fumbled four times, they did not lose one.

"We had been winning the turnover battle all year," James said. "And it didn't happen for us today."

After intermission, Masek's 13-yard TD made it 28-21 Buffaloes to set up the backbreaking possession for Rio Hondo.

Giddings eventually took a 42-21 lead before Vela hit De La Cruz for a 33-yard TD grab with a defender on his back for the final score.

It was a sour ending to an otherwise sparkling season for the Bobcats in James' first year as head coach.

Rio Hondo won its second straight 32-3A title, as well as a bi-district crown and area title for the first time in school history.

"It's hard to put this into perspective," James said as players approached him with their gratitude afterward. "But we had a great year and hopefully it's something to build on."

Armando Garza covers sub-4A football for Valley Freedom Newspapers. He can be reached at armandog@valleystar.com.

buff4ever
11-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Congrats to Rio Hondo on a great season. You guys had a lot of talent to be excited about. The QB was a gamer, and I imagine you guys had fun watching him all year.

Bull's-eye
11-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Congratulations Buffs, I bet R4 teams wished the D25 teams would of stayed in R3. Bellville & Columbus played for the R4 volleyball championship and now Bellville & Giddings in football.

44INAROW
11-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Congratulations Buffs, I bet R4 teams wished the D25 teams would of stayed in R3. Bellville & Columbus played for the R4 volleyball championship and now Bellville & Giddings in football.

they don't bother Cuero football fans at all

buff4ever
11-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
they don't bother Cuero football fans at all

you just got a lucky draw:D :D :D :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 02:33 PM
here's the play where at first i thought he landed on his own player but on 3rd snapshot shows hes on RH player legs.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1038/20081129124313uy3.jpghttp://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9030/20081129124403kg7.jpghttp://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4554/20081129124416vo3.jpghttp://img377.imageshack.us/img377/575/20081129124432pl6.jpghttp://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7937/20081129124435ah5.jpg

44INAROW
11-29-2008, 03:44 PM
you just got a lucky draw:D :D :D :D

ok - I wish we could have played Giddings or Beeville...... but we play the teams we're lined up with....... Good Luck next week.... should be a great game

buff4ever
11-29-2008, 04:31 PM
here's the play where at first i thought he landed on his own player but on 3rd snapshot shows hes on RH player legs.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1038/20081129124313uy3.jpghttp://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9030/20081129124403kg7.jpghttp://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4554/20081129124416vo3.jpghttp://img377.imageshack.us/img377/575/20081129124432pl6.jpghttp://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7937/20081129124435ah5.jpg

The Fox Sports Southwest camera had a better angle, and it doesn't look like the rimes ever went down on anyone actually. Doesn't look like he got knocked all the way down at all.

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 04:36 PM
He was right in front of me when it happened. The RH player dragged him down, and the ref on the RH sideline even blew the whistle, which is why RH players stopped playing.

That is what Coach James was arguing.

In most situations, he would have been counted down.

As evidence, Vela's dive for the endzone over the pack . . . he was not on the ground at all, but on a pile of players, and crossed the ball over the lane. The refs called him down.

The same goes for David's 4th and 1 attempt that was denied.

buff4ever
11-29-2008, 04:39 PM
If there was a whistle, then the play should have come back. Not very many times that a whistle is blown that none of the other referees don't hear it, but I guess it could happen.

Oh well, I don't think that the RH defense was going to stop us even if they had brought it back to where the whistle may or may not have blown him down.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 04:41 PM
The Fox Sports Southwest camera had a better angle, and it doesn't look like the rimes ever went down on anyone actually. Doesn't look like he got knocked all the way down at all. i was on RH side at the very end :(

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 04:43 PM
The Fox Sports Southwest camera had a better angle

now that's funny... I have DVR and went back and forth and back and forth... I guess it has a better angle for your arguement... but for anyone else, the RH player was in the way of the Giddings RB's body and you could not see anything... SFiA's angle is 25x better...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 04:44 PM
If there was a whistle, then the play should have come back. Not very many times that a whistle is blown that none of the other referees don't hear it, but I guess it could happen.

Oh well, I don't think that the RH defense was going to stop us even if they had brought it back to where the whistle may or may not have blown him down. ill upload the video to u tube and post that play in few mins to see what happen on the refs part

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 04:49 PM
He blew the whistle, and that was Coach James's argument over the whole situation.

Even if he did not blow the whistle, then how come in the same type of situation . . . TWICE . . . the outcome is the opposite?

And it was not the same . . . because it took the momentum that RH had . And who is to say that RH would not have stopped them, or the Buffs would not have fumbled the ball away.

The game should have been tied in the 4th, or RH down by only a TD . . . but we were screwed either way you look at it.

Either the refs gave Giddings a free TD, or the refs took away a TD from RH.

I am not saying RH played a perfect game. Our D pretty much ate it.

I am not taking anything away from Giddings, as their O chewed up the field.

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 04:51 PM
All I know is that someone blew a whistle. The boys are taught to continue playing until the whistle blows (which does get us some unsportsman calls). They don't just stop and look when someone is tackled.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 04:53 PM
i've looked at it couple of times, the side judge next to RH does'nt do signal the play dead or blow the whistle hes confuse on what happen, the side judge near Giddings has the whistle about to blow the play dead but is looking at the other side judge to see if he saw it and then the ref in back of the QB comes in waving his hands and a whistle in his mouth but the other two convince him the player wasnt down .

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 04:55 PM
So what constitutes someone as down?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 05:01 PM
So what constitutes someone as down? a whistle ?

48minutes
11-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Down or not, did Rio Hondo ever stop us besides the end of the first half when Masek threw a pic? I MAY be wrong, but I don't recall a stop the entire game besides that. With that being said, that play did not decide the game. TD or not, the odds of stopping us that drive were how good?

Rio Hondo's QB is a player, congrats on a good season.

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 05:22 PM
So because RH would not have been able to stop it from happening later on, it is okay to bend the rules . . . :rolleyes:

Like I said . . . who knows what might have happened? We might have stopped you . . . you might have fumbled . . . you might have scored . . . who knows.

My concern is the refs not calling the game fairly.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 05:23 PM
We might have stopped you . . . you might have fumbled . . .

what makes you think Giddings might have fumbled :confused:

Giddings doesn't fumble ;)

48minutes
11-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Like I said . . . who knows? We might have stopped you . . . you might have fumbled . . . who knows.

How many fumbles did giddings lose throughout the game?

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Then they were playing basketball early . . . which makes them even more spectacular!

lol

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
How many fumbles did giddings lose throughout the game?

We play the game to determine outcomes.

How many 3rd round appearances has Rio Hondo had?

How many teams of La Feria's caliber beat Bandera?

Who knows what could have happened is point one.

Point two is that the refs should have called the game fairly. If that is not counted as down, then David was not down on the goal line because he was on a pile of people . . . same goes for Vela when he dove on top of the pile.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Here's what I think about the calls...

if the whistle was infact blown, that call really sux and really hurt... if the RH QB did infact score but was ruled down, that really sux and really hurt RH...

but I do recall RH being in the game when these calls happened... so they were still in it and didn't win it...

it does suck... I mean they were doing what they had to do in these plays, but they still had a chance to win and didn't... so I'll leave her there...

48minutes
11-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Alright, point proven. Refs beat Rio Hondo friday, not Giddings. Congratulaltions on the W refs, good luck in your game next friday as well.

?? Is that what you want to hear??

I agree with Gobbla2001, even after the "oh so horrible" calls throughout the game, You guys were in the game and our D stepped up and got a few stops, Rio Hondo didn't manage to do that. That results in a well played game, but also in a Loss.

Goodluck in the gym guys

sabre1
11-29-2008, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gobbla2001
[B]Here's what I think about the calls...

if the RH QB did infact score but was ruled down, that really sux and really hurt RH...

I just talked to a giddings coach who just got done watching the film and the giddings d did infact stop the QB from scoring. He saw from the wide, tight, and endzone view.

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 05:36 PM
But the Trevor David call (Gidding's goal line stand) towards the end of the game is what I am haggling over . . . since he was on top of a bunch of players when he crossed the plane . . . but he was called down.

If the Gidding's player was not down earlier in the game because he was on top of a RH players foot . . . then David was not down because he was on top of quite a few BODIES.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 05:38 PM
and this is not me being hard on RH, I know how it feels...

In '05 Cuero had two consecutive TDs called back in the semi-finals early in the 4th qt... these were long TDs... one I understood, but the other was a bad call for a block in the back... the opposing team's player fell down on his own about 4 yards infront of the guy they called it on... it was truely bad and we lost 22-21...

BUTTTT, we were up 21-19 with over three minutes left and head up, face to face, Hutto ran the ball down our throats from deep in their territory to get into field-goal range and (TD BAYLOR) take the lead with a little over a minute left...

we had our chances to stop them there and our chances to score with a tad over a minute left... we didn't do what we had to do but Hutto did... I couldn't complain there...

Johnny 5
11-29-2008, 05:38 PM
And even if we were still in it . . . that was a free TD . . . and it was a game changer . . . in the long run.

Bah

Nimodo

Good luck next round Buffs . . .

See the downlow next year lol

48minutes
11-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gobbla2001
[B]Here's what I think about the calls...

if the RH QB did infact score but was ruled down, that really sux and really hurt RH...

I just talked to a giddings coach who just got done watching the film and the giddings d did infact stop the QB from scoring. He saw from the wide, tight, and endzone view.

Don't bother Sabre, the refs won the game. Giddings player's didn't stop them.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 05:40 PM
i have the video from Gidding score, one ref blows the play dead if waving your hands over your head usually singal the play is over. i'm almost done uploading then post it that play here. Both team defenses couldn't stop each other in the first half. Looks like Giddings came up with the stops in the 2nd half few more times than Rio Hondo but seems with some controversey.

48minutes
11-29-2008, 05:42 PM
and this is not me being hard on RH, I know how it feels...

In '05 Cuero had two consecutive TDs called back in the semi-finals early in the 4th qt... these were long TDs... one I understood, but the other was a bad call for a block in the back... the opposing team's player fell down on his own about 4 yards infront of the guy they called it on... it was truely bad and we lost 22-21...

BUTTTT, we were up 21-19 with over three minutes left and head up, face to face, Hutto ran the ball down our throats from deep in their territory to get into field-goal range and (TD BAYLOR) take the lead with a little over a minute left...

we had our chances to stop them there and our chances to score with a tad over a minute left... we didn't do what we had to do but Hutto did... I couldn't complain there...

Nice post, I agree. Calls are one thing, but playing when ya get the oppurtunity is another.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 06:01 PM
RH vs Giddings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyKrSNIQzE)

buff4life
11-29-2008, 07:24 PM
So because RH would not have been able to stop it from happening later on, it is okay to bend the rules . . . :rolleyes:

Like I said . . . who knows what might have happened? We might have stopped you . . . you might have fumbled . . . you might have scored . . . who knows.

well lets see...you were all over the stands, apparently had a prefect angle for every little play that was a close call and now you're acting like the RH was stopping or would have stopped us??? masek was running through 4 yd wide holes...

take the loss and move on and you want calling the game fairly...go back and look at RH number 74...once you do that come back and talk to me, i will give the kid credit he was giving all the players hugs and stuff after the game so i have no beef with him

Buff O-Line
12-01-2008, 11:42 AM
well lets see...you were all over the stands, apparently had a prefect angle for every little play that was a close call and now you're acting like the RH was stopping or would have stopped us??? masek was running through 4 yd wide holes...

take the loss and move on and you want calling the game fairly...go back and look at RH number 74...once you do that come back and talk to me, i will give the kid credit he was giving all the players hugs and stuff after the game so i have no beef with him

I agree with Buff4Never. The fact is we stopped RH on the goaline, that was your opportunity to get back in the game.

From my view of the game the refs let the boys play, until prolly the last few minutes of the fourth quarter.

It is what it is.

I'm BACK!!!!!! (Been away with my two daughters)

buff4ever
12-01-2008, 11:58 AM
okay, he was not down in the video, it is more obvious on the fox sports southwest angle. But, it doesn't matter anymore.

If there was a whistle, then it should have been brought back. The couple of blockers and the runner obviously didn't hear a whistle, now just b/c everyone else stopped doesn't mean there was a whistle, it just means they THOUGHT he was down.

??????

Johnny 5
12-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Actually I was sitting at the 40 yd line . . .

Like I said . . .

From our angle, it looked like the first run when vela dove, the ball hit the pylon. The 4th down it looked like the ball crossed by a good foot or two.

As for the Giddings play in the first half . . . even if he was not down, the ref did, in fact, blow the whistle . . . so the TD should never have happened.

--------------------------------------

On a different note . . .

from the goal line situations, I would have gone with an I formation and had Trevor and Jacob in. That would have opened some holes, and also opened up the play action pass.

The other thing I did not understand is why they went to a 5-2 defense. I understand it is a run block formation but it was not working and once the backs were hitting the second layer, they were making easy breaks. I would have changed it up at the half to go with a 4-3 and sneak the safety up for support.

But what do I know . . .

Anyways. It was still a good game . . . and we hung in there.

Buffgal
12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
The difference in this game was the Buffalo defense. They found a way to stop Rio Hondo and turned the momentum on a "no guts, no glory" goal line stand . Most who have seen this defensive group struggle at times earlier this year would have bet that they could never have pulled this one off. Really shows how much they have improved with the coaching perseverance of Z. No matter what defense the Bobcats put on the field, the Buffs overall speed was just too much IMO.

The conditioning of the Rio Hondo Bobcats failed them in the second half. This was also a factor. #5 QB Vela and #44 were the offensive drive of this team and #74 made his presence known all afternoon.

Great crowd from Rio Hondo. I admire your support and had a nice time visiting with several families later at a restaraunt. You should be very proud of your successful season. Good luck to all the seniors. I was amazed at all the security, lining the field after the game. They must have some rowdy games played at that field, they were armed and ready for something rough to happen.

& as far as worrying about how the game was called...................A coach told my son a long time ago after he complained about a call, "Son, if you think that referee decided the game, then you didn't play hard enough".

IHStangFan
12-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Wait...wasn't the final like 40 something to 20 something? So why are you guys arguing about a "blown call" If the final was close to 3TD in Giddings' favor....ONE blown call was NOT what decided the game, LOL.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Wait...wasn't the final like 40 something to 20 something? So why are you guys arguing about a "blown call" If the final was close to 3TD in Giddings' favor....ONE blown call was NOT what decided the game, LOL. 42-28 is two td and one call one ref blew the play dead, but the runner wasnt down and i think something happen in two occasions where RH didnt get the call in 4th and goal from the 1, seems like those two calls would had made a difference in the game.

IHStangFan
12-01-2008, 06:55 PM
42-28 is two td and one call one ref blew the play dead, but the runner wasnt down and i think something happen in two occasions where RH didnt get the call in 4th and goal from the 1, seems like those two calls would had made a difference in the game. I see....still would appear RH's D couldn't stop the Giddings offense.......anyway....

48minutes
12-01-2008, 06:58 PM
I see....still would appear RH's D couldn't stop the Giddings offense.......anyway....
Very true

Seems like that has been said already, but people just don't get that point I guess. They assume that Giddings O would have fumbled the next play, and they would have recovered that one???

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2008, 07:04 PM
just saw one half of the game and neither team played much defense in the first half. Gidding did stop RH once in the first half. The first call in the first half was correct as he never was down but RH fans are correct that a ref blew the play dead and that play was a 3rd down and instead turn into a TD. But its over with just correcting IH Fan making it sound like it was a 3 td game when it was closer than that and RH was in the game til they fail to score from the 1 yd line.

48minutes
12-01-2008, 07:08 PM
watch the second half if ya can, it is clear who made the halftime adjustments and started to play D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2008, 07:10 PM
watch the second half if ya can, it is clear who made the halftime adjustments and started to play D i just watched the 1st half and both teams seem even at that point. Would like to have seen what happen the 2nd half.

Cats Fan
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Giddings has a good offense no doubt about that. Their defense is suspect, but they were able to make the necessary adjustments to stop Rio Hondo's offense.

Refs...well they were horrible to say the least. Major calls that made a difference:

1. Blown play with a ref calling the play dead and still allowing to run in for the score when everyone stopped playing.

2. RH driving and crossing the endzone on a 4th from the 1 but the refs not calling it a TD.

Clearly refs made an impact on the outcome of the game.

Big momentum killer for Rio Hondo as Giddings was able to score 21 unaswered points in the 3rd!.

Rio hondo managed to come back and score but ran out of time.

Kudos to Giddings! They played one heck of a game. However, if they run into a team that shuts down their Offense, or at least limits it...they better be able to pass!!

Overall...one heck of a game! HUGE HELMET!! :) It could of gone either way, but you guys made the plays when needed....oh and the refs

pirate4state
12-01-2008, 07:53 PM
oh sweet 8lb baby jesus more refs running wild & crazy....just ONCE i'd love to not read about how the refs cost someone a game....:rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2008, 08:03 PM
oh sweet 8lb baby jesus more refs running wild & crazy....just ONCE i'd love to not read about how the refs cost someone a game....:rolleyes: :cheerl:

1st and goal
12-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Giddings has a good offense no doubt about that. Their defense is suspect, but they were able to make the necessary adjustments to stop Rio Hondo's offense.

Refs...well they were horrible to say the least. Major calls that made a difference:

1. Blown play with a ref calling the play dead and still allowing to run in for the score when everyone stopped playing.

2. RH driving and crossing the endzone on a 4th from the 1 but the refs not calling it a TD.

Clearly refs made an impact on the outcome of the game.

Big momentum killer for Rio Hondo as Giddings was able to score 21 unaswered points in the 3rd!.

Rio hondo managed to come back and score but ran out of time.

Kudos to Giddings! They played one heck of a game. However, if they run into a team that shuts down their Offense, or at least limits it...they better be able to pass!!

Overall...one heck of a game! HUGE HELMET!! :) It could of gone either way, but you guys made the plays when needed....oh and the refs

Yeah and the backfield ref let #74 do whatever he wanted. I saw at least 3 personal foul worthy flagrant fouls committed by him. And that was without my Binoculars. You guys had a great team and you'll be back. You also have some fantastic fans. This game should have been played in either Victoria or Beeville to lessen the travel for the R.H. fans. The S.A. Northside stadium is a very nice stadium.

48minutes
12-01-2008, 09:13 PM

Did not get in the endzone, get over it. What makes you think he did? Watch the film from ENDZONE view and tell me he crossed.

I'm sick and tired of reading how the refs blew the game, second half was owned by the buffs. Regardless of the "so many bad calls" you all speak of.

Good luck in the gym, and congrats on a good season.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2008, 10:27 PM
RH 1st drive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_89V8FxNOhY)

RH 1st drive TD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3iXG-5rYYc)

buff4ever
12-02-2008, 01:17 AM
yeah, RH did have a base guitar amplified over a couple of speakers, well for the whole 2nd quarter. then it stopped?

Someone close this thread, it has gotten ridiculous!

Johnny 5
12-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Did not get in the endzone, get over it. What makes you think he did? Watch the film from ENDZONE view and tell me he crossed.

I'm sick and tired of reading how the refs blew the game, second half was owned by the buffs. Regardless of the "so many bad calls" you all speak of.

Good luck in the gym, and congrats on a good season.

If you got the goods, show em. If it would not have been for that play, you all would have been up by only a TD by the time we got the ball back with 1:30 left.

From where I was sitting . . . it looked in. The play on the North endzone where Joseph took out the pylon also looked in . . .

And your players were doing their share of questionable actions as well . . . I am not here to discuss that. I am discussing the refs, and in particular the questionable TD.

48minutes
12-02-2008, 02:03 AM
If you got the goods, show em. If it would not have been for that play, you all would have been up by only a TD by the time we got the ball back with 1:30 left.

From where I was sitting . . . it looked in. The play on the North endzone where Joseph took out the pylon also looked in . . .

And your players were doing their share of questionable actions as well . . . I am not here to discuss that. I am discussing the refs, and in particular the questionable TD.

From where you were sitting EVERYTHING looked like it went your way, surprise surprise. Seriously, games over. Refs won it for the buffs thank god, cause we all know Rio Hondo was the better team obviously they just got screwed by the refs.

Maybe the basketball gods will treat you guys better. How's practice going? Good luck! :)

Giddings plays the Brahmas friday night, You should come and sit on the Giddings side so when you post late friday night everything will have looked like it went the buffs way as well.

BOCEPHUS
12-02-2008, 05:44 AM
LISEN HERE FELLAS, (AND DON'T BLOW BACK AT ME) WHEN U GIVE UP 450 YARDS OF OFFENSE--ALL ON THE GROUND-- U GONNA LOSE, BY GAWD PERIOD. THAT IS CALLED "POUND'N THE ROCK"

AND GIDDENS DID NUTHEN NEW LAST FRIDAY AFTERNOON THAT THEY DUN ALL YEAR. AVERAGE'N BOUT 8 YARDS A CARRY U DON'T THROW THE BALL, THINK'EN ONLY REASON THEY DID WAS RITE FORE HALF LOOK LIKE TO ME. REMEMBER THEY HAD A 99 YARD DRIVE AND IT TOOK THREE PLAYS AND 45 SECONDS, WHY THROW??

RH GOT A GOOD OFFENSE, DID GOOD JOB, PUT POINTS ON THE BOARD. GIDDENS JUST DUN SEENT PLENTY OF SPEED ON OFFENSE BEFORE, THEY MADE ADJUSTMENTS AND WENT ON.

ONE BIG DIFFERENCE INA THIS GAME HERE WAS PREVIOUS SCHEDULE. RH HAD NOT PLAYED LIBERTY HILL, LAVERNIA, ELGIN, WHARTON, WACO ROBINSON, SEALY, BELLVILE, LA GRANGE..............NEARLY ALL OF'EM PLAY OFF TEAMS, AND 2 OF'EM STILL IN PLAYOFFS THIS WEEK.

NOT NO OPINION, IS JUST A FACT

AND YEAH, THIS THREAD GETT'N STALE, THINK NEEDS TO BE PULLED