PDA

View Full Version : watching Jevan Sneed

STANG RED
11-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Sneed is ripping up LSUs defense right now.
Had he been the one to win the starting job at Texas instead of McCoy, I dont know that Texas would have missed a beat. Not saying he is better than McCoy by any means, but he is certainly an excellent QB, and would be on any team.
I'm glad to see him doing so well. This is my first chance to see him this season.

trojan37
11-22-2008, 05:03 PM
I saw this as well. I would love to see Ole Miss win this one. I think he knew he wouldn't get much playing time at Texas with Colt there so he moved on. He's looking good today though. So far.

kepdawg
11-22-2008, 05:12 PM
They just said Colt McCoy was hitting 60 yard field goals in pregame for LSU!

STANG RED
11-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
They just said Colt McCoy was hitting 60 yard field goals in pregame for LSU!

LOL, yeah I heard that too. I just assumed it must really be the guys name. Turns out his name is Colt David. But I've never heard David as a last name.:confused: Guess so though.

kepdawg
11-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Ole Miss wins 31-13

Phil C
11-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
LOL, yeah I heard that too. I just assumed it must really be the guys name. Turns out his name is Colt David. But I've never heard David as a last name.:confused: Guess so though.

My urologiest is named Dr. David Donald. He is a good one too.

Phil C
11-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Sneed is ripping up LSUs defense right now.
Had he been the one to win the starting job at Texas instead of McCoy, I dont know that Texas would have missed a beat. Not saying he is better than McCoy by any means, but he is certainly an excellent QB, and would be on any team.
I'm glad to see him doing so well. This is my first chance to see him this season.

I agree STANG! He is a good qb and he was right to transfer because there was no way he could beat out Colt and he is too good to ride the bench. I think at the time the UT coaches should have prepared him for the A&M game because I was at that game and Colt was not completely over his injury and not himself.

Diocletian
11-23-2008, 02:30 PM
He's the only QB to beat Florida this year. And everyone is crowing them as the best team.

It's clear he is a good player, I wish he would have got a better chance to start for UT.

STANG RED
11-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
He's the only QB to beat Florida this year. And everyone is crowing them as the best team.

It's clear he is a good player, I wish he would have got a better chance to start for UT.

Well they had to make an impossible choice at UT, knowing whoever didnt get the starting job would most likely leave. They chose McCoy, he has proven to be a good choice, but if they had chosen Sneed, he may have done just as well. Having two QBs of that caliber to choose from, was a good problem to have for UT. I'm just glad to see Sneed getting his chance and doing very well elsewhere. I think we'll all get a chance to see Sneed and McCoy go at each other in the NFL. They both have all the tools to have a great pro career imo.
Nothing at all wrong with Miss St., but I would have loved to have seen Sneed gone to a bit more of a big time college program. But he is certainly making the best of the deal dealt him right now.

WylieBulldog92
11-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Well they had to make an impossible choice at UT, knowing whoever didnt get the starting job would most likely leave. They chose McCoy, he has proven to be a good choice, but if they had chosen Sneed, he may have done just as well. Having two QBs of that caliber to choose from, was a good problem to have for UT. I'm just glad to see Sneed getting his chance and doing very well elsewhere. I think we'll all get a chance to see Sneed and McCoy go at each other in the NFL. They both have all the tools to have a great pro career imo.
Nothing at all wrong with Miss St., but I would have loved to have seen Sneed gone to a bit more of a big time college program. But he is certainly making the best of the deal dealt him right now.
Sneed went to Ole Miss just to clarify, Miss St. would have been even more of a step down I believe, I do think they will get more recruits after this year because of Houston Nutt going to Ole Miss and Sneed proving he is a good QB, I would definitely want to go there if I wasn't getting attention from a top team.

STANG RED
11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Sneed went to Ole Miss just to clarify, Miss St. would have been even more of a step down I believe, I do think they will get more recruits after this year because of Houston Nutt going to Ole Miss and Sneed proving he is a good QB, I would definitely want to go there if I wasn't getting attention from a top team.

Oops, yeah I meant Ole Miss. But thanks for clearing that up.
And I agree about the recruiting and Houston Nutt.

CenTexSports
11-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Having lived in Miss for 10 years and having many friends that went to both, saying Miss St instead of Old Miss can get you tar'ed and feathered there. They are ploar opposites just like Texas and A&M (a party school and an ag school).

STANG RED
11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Having lived in Miss for 10 years and having many friends that went to both, saying Miss St instead of Old Miss can get you tar'ed and feathered there. They are ploar opposites just like Texas and A&M (a party school and an ag school).

Yeah but I dont live in Mississippi (my parents are actually married to each other, so I'm not allowed in), so I couldnt really care less.:p :D

Same goes for Arkansas and Oklahoma by the way.;)

JasperDog94
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Speaking of Mississippi...Did you know that the toothbrush was invented in Mississippi?

Because if it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush.

:D :D :D