PDA

View Full Version : Waht happened to Snyder???????

OldBison75
11-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I have seen the Snyder posters all year talk about the team and how good they are. I noticed they lost last night to Monahans, Is Monahans that good? How far can they go?

What about Snyder--give us some details on the game and what to look forward to next year.

skins4life
11-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I have seen the Snyder posters all year talk about the team and how good they are. I noticed they lost last night to Monahans, Is Monahans that good? How far can they go?

What about Snyder--give us some details on the game and what to look forward to next year.

I'm not sure of the stats but, Monahans out played Snyder on both sides of the ball last night. Their O line was IMO blowing people off of the line and carrying their blocks 5-6 yards down field like you are taught. Their D was in the Snyder back field all night and they strung out the sweeps and gang tackled those 2 speedsters. If not for a kickoff return to inside the 10 (which lead to a score) and a fumble recovery that was returned for a TD, the score wouldn't have been near as close as it was. I believe each team came out and gave 100% and left it all on the field. I believe this as big a rivalry as SW and Snyder.

skins4life
11-22-2008, 02:56 PM
> This should tell the story pretty well.

Monahans 28, Snyder 26

CLASS 3A DIVISION II AREA PLAYOFF

At Mustang Bowl, Andrews

Snyder............................. 0...... 7 12 7 - 26

Monahans........................ 7...... 7 7 7 - 28

SCORING SUMMARY

First Quarter

Monahans: Stephen Neel 3 run (Ty Horton kick), 7:57.

Second Quarter

Snyder: Chase Arrendale 2 run (Jesse Conner kick), 7:40.

Monahans: Stephen Neel 4 run (Ty Horton kick), 2:15.

Third Quarter

Monahans: Tyson Childress 2 run (Ty Horton kick), 10:20.

Snyder: Chase Arrendale 10 run (kick failed), 9:27.

Snyder: Clay Hirt 61 fumble recovery (kick failed), 5:24.

Fourth Quarter

Monahans: Quincy Titus 7 run (Ty Horton kick), 7:53.

Snyder: Kenneth Turner 12 run (Jesse Conner kick).

---

TEAM STATISTICS

Yardstick Snyder Monahans

First Downs 10 18

Total Yards 218 424

Rushes-Yards 37-149 49-342

Passing Yards 69 82

Passing 4-8-0 7-14-0

Fumbles-Lost 2-1 2-2

Punts-Avg 3-30.3 2-28.5

Penalties-Yards 6-36 4-24

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

Rushing

Snyder: Jesse Conner 8-41, Chase Arrendale 11-42, Kelton Garcia 7-16, Kenneth Turner 11-50.

Monahans: Stephen Neel 17-135, Quincy Titus 18-108, Tyson Childress 13-93, Sean Britton 1-6.

Passing

Snyder: Jesse Conner 4-8-0-69.

Monahans: Quincy Titus 7-14-0-82.

Receiving

Snyder: Anthony Taylor 2-43, Shade Roemisch 1-15, Kenneth Turner 1-11.

Monahans: Sean Britton 3-44, Tyson Childress 2-10, Trevor Owens 1-10, Kalep Warden 1-18.

STANG RED
11-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Apparentley, from the accounts I have read by several that were there. It was just a matter of the best team winning. As it should be.
Snyder had a very solid football team from top to bottom this year, but just didnt have that go to stud that you can always count on, like they have had for the past few years.
I wonder if they have a stud or two waiting in the wings that'll step up next season? How bout it Snyder faithful? Do you? Who?

skins4life
11-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Apparentley, from the accounts I have read by several that were there. It was just a matter of the best team winning. As it should be.
Snyder had a very solid football team from top to bottom this year, but just didnt have that go to stud that you can always count on, like they have had for the past few years.
I wonder if they have a stud or two waiting in the wings that'll step up next season? How bout it Snyder faithful? Do you? Who?

It could be 1 or 2 of the boys that carried the ball this year. 1) It could be Garcia if he can stay healthy. He's quick to the hole, powerful and has speed. I don't know if it's the break-a-way speed Turner has but it's close. 2) It could be Malone for the same reason. IMO

STANG RED
11-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
It could be 1 or 2 of the boys that carried the ball this year. 1) It could be Garcia if he can stay healthy. He's quick to the hole, powerful and has speed. I don't know if it's the break-a-way speed Turner has but it's close. 2) It could be Malone for the same reason. IMO

Any coming up from JH or freshman that appear to have promise?

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Snyder will be back in all their Glory. I said early on that Monahans had more talent and got beat up for it but was just stating the fact, not being smart... When the M offense lined up against their D, Monahnas looked huge and they aren't that big. Snyder seemed smaller than normal but very fast. The O line pretty much pushed them around at will. I watched one run where the M tailback put his hand on the back of a tackle and jogged behind him 15 yards before he was touched. The size of Snyder was on their offense but they also struggled and lost the battle at the line of scrimmage. Those above posted it accurately.
The answer to the question is, YES they are that good. Monahans has flown under the radar due to two close losses to Sweetwater and MG. Those looking past them are making a mistake, they have the talent to go the distance.

skins4life
11-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Any coming up from JH or freshman that appear to have promise?

Not real sure!! They've got a QB named Thompson(sp) who I think is a soph. but not sure he will take over the reins. Conner waited until his Sr. year to take over and C. Rogers may do the same thing with Zachek (sp). I haven't heard any names in perticular (sp) from the JV or Freshman teams.

STANG RED
11-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Snyder will be back in all their Glory. I said early on that Monahans had more talent and got beat up for it but was just stating the fact, not being smart... When the M offense lined up against their D, Monahnas looked huge and they aren't that big. Snyder seemed smaller than normal but very fast. The O line pretty much pushed them around at will. I watched one run where the M tailback put his hand on the back of a tackle and jogged behind him 15 yards before he was touched. The size of Snyder was on their offense but they also struggled and lost the battle at the line of scrimmage. Those above posted it accurately.
The answer to the question is, YES they are that good. Monahans has flown under the radar due to two close losses to Sweetwater and MG. Those looking past them are making a mistake, they have the talent to go the distance.

I'm curious. How did Mon manage to lose to GW when they should have been peaking at seasons end. I know this might make some people mad, but I watched the tape of the Swater GW game yesterday. Swater should have, and could have won by much more, if not for shooting themselves in the foot for most of the 1st half. GW only had to move the ball 7 yards for one of their 2 TDs. The final score made the game seem much closer than it really was. So I have to ask. If Monahans is so good, why couldnt they beat a very average Greenwood team?

Bubba-Joe
11-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

What about snyder
FOR ONE THING THE FOLKS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN GETTIN READY FOR MONAHANS SPENT A LOT OF TIME WORRIED ABOUT WHY A CERTAIN SWEETWATER PLAYER WASNT PLAYING ON OFFENSE AGAINST GREENWOOD.

OH AND THEN THERE WERE CERTAIN FOLKS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HOW TO STOP THE LOBOES, SPENDING VALUABLE TIME WONDERING IF ALL THE SWEETWATER PLAYERS WERE GOING TO BE ABLE TO PASS FOR THE 6 WKS, AND GUESS WHAT SWEETWATER IS STILL PLAYING AND SNYDER AINT
'

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-22-2008, 04:17 PM
what happened to Snyder?

THEY GOT BEAT, NOTHING NEW.

:clap: ;) :hand:

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 05:07 PM
But the showboating on the interception return was cool looking, the kicking the legs up as he went into the end zone, will make for some more nice highlights on utube, just don't show the final score. Monahans TD were boring, they just pound it in and give the ref the ball. Those utube clips sure did come in handy............
arrogance is deadly.
wtfootball out and headed back to Angelo where i belong
bring on the bulls.