PDA

View Full Version : Chapel Hill vs La Vega LIVE and Game Thread

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Updates here

and you can listen here

http://www.dfwhssports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=29

Pre-Game at 1:30 KO at 2:00

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 02:06 PM
GGGGOOOOOOOOO Chapel Hill ;)

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Pre-Game is going

PurpleFreddy
11-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Chapel Hill sporting very "loud" yellowish/gold shirts and pants, with white numerals outlined in blue. Only 2A Boyd has uglier uniforms.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 02:59 PM
KO is here

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Chris Parr is playing

trojan37
11-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Chris Parr is playing

It's been a hot topic on the centex site all week. I knew since Tuesday he was going to play. Coach Williams let it be known he was.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Chris Parr is playing
Sounds like it won't matter who's playing RB...

trojan37
11-22-2008, 03:04 PM
That was quick.

7-0 La Vega.

trojan37
11-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Uh OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH! 14-0 LV after Parr goes 76 yds for a TD.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:15 PM
This one is going to get ugly in a hurry. Some of the DII teams might be thankful that La Vega threw the game against Lorena.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the shoutout guys!

trojan37
11-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I also think a Wylie-LV rematch would be awesome, with Parr being back. I'd still rather see LV and China Spring though. That would be the perfect Christmas present.

WO-S 89
11-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
This one is going to get ugly in a hurry. Some of the DII teams might be thankful that La Vega threw the game against Lorena.

The reason they threw the game was to be in a easier bracket, I believe.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I also think a Wylie-LV rematch would be awesome, with Parr being back. I'd still rather see LV and China Spring though. That would be the perfect Christmas present.
I think a Gilmer-La Vega matchup this week would have been rather fun to watch.

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by WO-S 89

yea - Div 1 is a cakewalk :hand: :hand: :hand:
it's all about matchups - no way to knowing which is the tougher Division - either way - throwing games is wrong - no matter what the reason.

trojan37
TD LV!!

Panther One
True, but don't you think Gilmer was equally as happy about not having to face La Vega this round?

trojan37
11-22-2008, 03:27 PM
In all honesty, I don't buy the talk that they threw the game to get into the "easier" division I. I think it's all about a rematch with China Spring. I know that's a big chance they're taking, but the only way that can happen is in the title game. I don't like how they threw the game but man oh man I hope they both get to the Championship. That would be played right here in Waco I'm sure.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:28 PM
In all honesty, I don't buy the talk that they threw the game to get into the "easier" division I. I think it's all about a rematch with China Spring. I know that's a big chance they're taking, but the only way that can happen is in the title game. I don't like how they threw the game but man oh man I hope they both get to the Championship. That would be played right here in Waco I'm sure.
So you don't think the prospects of potentially facing Gilmer, WOS, and Carthage three weeks in a row had anything to do with it?

Matthew328
11-22-2008, 03:30 PM
score??

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:31 PM
LV 27-0 xp pending...

WO-S 89
11-22-2008, 03:32 PM
True, but don't you think Gilmer was equally as happy about not having to face La Vega this round?

I dont think Gilmer was to worried about playing La Vega in the 2nd rd. because Gilmer did not threw any games to change thier chances of going Div. I.

trojan37
11-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Not for 1 minute. They are in a division where they could possibly have to face Abilene Wylie again, there 1st loss of the year. Listen to this game, with Parr they are dominating. There is no doubt in my mind that La Vega could not beat every one of those teams.

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 03:34 PM
your listening to the Chris Parr show...chapel hill cannot contain him today...:thinking:

trojan37
11-22-2008, 03:35 PM
I dont think Gilmer was to worried about playing La Vega in the 2nd rd. because Gilmer did not threw any games to change thier chances of going Div. I.

Gilmer had a hard time against Mexia last night. Not taking anything away from Mexia because they are a good team, but I honestly believe they would have ate them alive. Listen to this game. I don't know what district Chapel Hill is from, but they only had 1 loss. Parr has 7 carries for 146 yds already in the 1st qtr. No way Gilmer would have stopped him. They couldn't stop Gentry for Mexia last night and Parr is way better.

WO-S 89
11-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
yea - Div 1 is a cakewalk :hand: :hand: :hand:
it's all about matchups - no way to knowing which is the tougher Division - either way - throwing games is wrong - no matter what the reason.

I'm not saying Div. 1 is easier but La Vega coach felt it was because he the one that threw the game.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Well, aside from the fact that Gilmer couldn't have thrown a game to keep Chapel Hill out of the playoffs, there aren't many coaches that would actually throw a game regardless of how the felt about potential playoff matchups.

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
your listening to the Chris Parr show...chapel hill cannot contain him today...:thinking:

Fresh legs?:thinking:

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Not for 1 minute. They are in a division where they could possibly have to face Abilene Wylie again, there 1st loss of the year. Listen to this game, with Parr they are dominating. There is no doubt in my mind that La Vega could not beat every one of those teams.
I don't think a matchup with Wylie in the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME would deter them from throwing a game, especially since the first matchup was so close.

trojan37
11-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Everyone has there own opinions on why they threw the game, I've seen a ton of them already. I believe it is based solely on last years loss in the playoffs, and they want to avenge that loss. They feel that China Spring is good enough to make it to the finals as well as themselves, and the only way to go to DI was to throw that game, knocking Robinson out and keeping them as the big school in that district. Just my opinion though.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Kind of strange that they'd go for two. Since they got it, they might as well do it again if they score.

pirate4state
11-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Guys that topic has is old news. Drop it on stay on topic with the actual game. Thank you.

eagles_victory
11-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Guys that topic has is old news. Drop it on stay on topic with the actual game. Thank you. Seriously it is what it is and the teams are playing who they are playing the regular season is over.

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Guys that topic has is old news. Drop it on stay on topic with the actual game. Thank you.

I'm just glad that G2 hasn't used any big words yet. I've got
dictionary.com opened in another tab just in case though.:)

EJBlooze
11-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Update score and time left in game please

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:50 PM
28-8 LV ...about midway through the 2nd.

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 03:51 PM
28-8 LaVega...half time coming in about 7:00 min.

martwayne
11-22-2008, 03:54 PM
all i have to say is, all this talk about a la vega vs. china spring rematch needs to stop because first la vega needs to hold on against chapel hill and then watch out for them navasota rattlers because we are hungry just like yall are for a state championship

marlin fan
11-22-2008, 03:54 PM
28-8 LaVega...half time coming in about 7:00 min. This is a crazy score!!! go La Vega!

Old Green
11-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'm just glad that G2 hasn't used any big words yet. I've got
dictionary.com opened in another tab just in case though.:) New Big word on the 3adl is " facetious" this Week. Gobbla2001 tried to spell it:D

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Parr--8 carries way over 100 yds...pretty awesome

Panther One
11-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Chapel Hill defense starting to play better. If they can get a stop here, score, and go in only two scores down, they'll be back in this game, receiving to open the second half.

Buckeye80
11-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Gilmer had a hard time against Mexia last night. Not taking anything away from Mexia because they are a good team, but I honestly believe they would have ate them alive. Listen to this game. I don't know what district Chapel Hill is from, but they only had 1 loss. Parr has 7 carries for 146 yds already in the 1st qtr. No way Gilmer would have stopped him. They couldn't stop Gentry for Mexia last night and Parr is way better.

Gilmer has a better defense than Chapel Hill does. It was not on display last night, but trust me! You would not be seeing the same performance from that kid against Gilmer. And Chapel Hill's only loss this year was a home loss to Gilmer 35-6.

How's basketball going?

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
New Big word on the 3adl is " facetious" this Week. Gobbla2001 tried to spell it:D

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facetious

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

:)

Panther One
11-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Chapel Hill wasting opportunities to get back in this game.

EJBlooze
11-22-2008, 04:09 PM
score?

Panther One
11-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by EJBlooze
score?
LV just scored with a few seconds left in the half...

LV 34-8 xp pending

Sweetwater Red
They say the officials only catch the guy retaliating when it
comes to personal fouls. It sounds like these officials are on top
of it though with all the offsetting personal foul calls.:thinking:

eagles_victory
I had to correct some guy on centex who just called Terry a homer.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 04:11 PM
They say the the officials only catch the guy retaliating when it
comes to personal fouls. It sounds like these officials are on top
of it though with all the offsetting personal foul calls.:thinking:
They aren't all offsetting. Chapel Hill got two personal fouls on the same play earlier in the game.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I had to correct some guy on centex who just called Terry a homer.

LOL homer for who

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 04:13 PM
LaVega sounds like they got control of this one...Chapel Hill needs big turnaround to get back in this one...:thinking:

Panther One
Is it too early to start talking about the La Vega-Navasota game?

Sweetwater Red
They aren't all offsetting. Chapel Hill got two personal fouls on the same play earlier in the game.

I thought I heard two or three offsetting PF's announced. I may
be wrong.:confused:

eagles_victory
11-22-2008, 04:14 PM
LOL homer for who He said these guys should be on the Tickets homer call of the week. I said he makes the same calls for both teams every game he does just gets excited about the game.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 04:16 PM
In the history of football, how many timeouts have been called with no time left on the clock and the game not in overtime?

EJBlooze
11-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Score?

Panther One
11-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by EJBlooze
Score?
LV 35-8 Halftime

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
New Big word on the 3adl is " facetious" this Week. Gobbla2001 tried to spell it:D
and Buffgal used it today too ;)

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Fresh legs?:thinking:

For the record...I didn't mean this as a shot at CP. It's just that
when a team has a stud RB carrying the load the whole season,
they are usually dinged up and a little wore down by week
11 or 12. I was just wondering if that may be why this kid is
sounding like AP in this game.

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 04:40 PM
For the record...I didn't mean this as a shot at CP. It's just that
when a team has a stud RB carrying the load the whole season,
they're are usually dinged up and a little wore down by week
11 or 12. I was just wondering if that may be why this kid is
sounding like AP in this game.

so true...little confused at first, then thought, he has been resting for quite some time...:thinking: I kinda figured your point...:)

EJBlooze
11-22-2008, 04:48 PM
halftime over yet

trojan37
11-22-2008, 04:49 PM
2nd half just started.

Panther One
11-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey guys, enjoyed listening to you...gonna switch over to the Liberty Hill game now.

WOS87
11-22-2008, 05:01 PM

LOL!

Is the WORD still floating around?

Make sure you don't use it FACETIOUSLY as it is a very special word.

Again, one of only two words in the english language which when used as an adverb contains all 6 of the vowels exactly once, in alphabetical order (AEIOUY)

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Hey guys, enjoyed listening to you...gonna switch over to the Liberty Hill game now.

Same here. I want to hear who is going to be Sweetwater's
next victim.:D :devil:

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 05:04 PM
42-8...this is all but over...:thinking:

trojan37
11-22-2008, 05:05 PM
42-8...this is all but over...:thinking:

I'm listening to LH. Who scored this one?

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
LOL!

Is the WORD still floating around...

Make sure you don't use it FACETIOUSLY as it is a very special word.

Again, one of only two words in the english language which when used as an adverb contains all 6 of the vowels exactly once, in alphabetical order (AEIOUY)

funny thing is I don't even know if Buffgal had read Gobbla's post from the other day - just thought it was funny to see it twice in such a short span of time....... being the daughter of an English teacher - I am used to "word of the day" type things.... we do it at my office now ;)

Boomer
11-22-2008, 05:09 PM
I know Parr got into some trouble this year, but why play him now? Did coach keep him out to teach him a lesson and then bring him back for the playoffs? What kind of lesson is that? I don't know all the details, but between Parr and their coach throwing a game, I'd say they are the Dallas Cowboys of High School. A lot of bad news coming from over there.

trojan37
11-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
I know Parr got into some trouble this year, but why play him now? Did coach keep him out to teach him a lesson and then bring him back for the playoffs? What kind of lesson is that? I don't know all the details, but between Parr and their coach throwing a game, I'd say they are the Dallas Cowboys of High School. A lot of bad news coming from over there.

He has just been cleared of all charges against him. He is allowed to play now. He had been in alternative school. Everything is cleared up now and what he is doing is perfectly legal.

GreenMachine
11-22-2008, 05:13 PM
I know Parr got into some trouble this year, but why play him now? Did coach keep him out to teach him a lesson and then bring him back for the playoffs? What kind of lesson is that? I don't know all the details, but between Parr and their coach throwing a game, I'd say they are the Dallas Cowboys of High School. A lot of bad news coming from over there. I agree. No lesson learned here. But, they have to live with their decisions and sooner or later, bad decisions will catch up with you.

Boomer
11-22-2008, 05:15 PM
He has just been cleared of all charges against him. He is allowed to play now. He had been in alternative school. Everything is cleared up now and what he is doing is perfectly legal.

Good for him!! He seems very talented and I hope he goes far. :)

Panther One
11-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I agree. No lesson learned here. But, they have to live with their decisions and sooner or later, bad decisions will catch up with you.
He was cleared by the legal system. Are you saying the school/coach should punish him for something that our legal system cleared him of?

trojan37
11-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Good for him!! He seems very talented and I hope he goes far. :)

I don't agree with what they are doing either, but since he has been cleared nothing can really be done to stop it. I have to go to work now. Later folks.

GreenMachine
11-22-2008, 05:17 PM
He has just been cleared of all charges against him. He is allowed to play now. He had been in alternative school. Everything is cleared up now and what he is doing is perfectly legal. One of our running backs a few years ago got into a little trouble and dismissed from the team. Coach told him if he stayed out of trouble, he could rejoin the team the following year. Not, OK you went to alternative school now this is the playoffs, welcome back :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
11-22-2008, 05:18 PM

LOL!! Have you ever done a downlow search on "facetious?"

We actually use it quite a bit around here!!

GreenMachine
11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
He was cleared by the legal system. Are you saying the school/coach should punish him for something that our legal system cleared him of? You are probably right, don't know enough about the situation to make a fair comment.

Boomer
11-22-2008, 05:24 PM
One of our running backs a few years ago got into a little trouble and dismissed from the team. Coach told him if he stayed out of trouble, he could rejoin the team the following year. Not, OK you went to alternative school now this is the playoffs, welcome back :rolleyes:

I have to agree.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2008, 05:39 PM
One of our running backs a few years ago got into a little trouble and dismissed from the team. Coach told him if he stayed out of trouble, he could rejoin the team the following year. Not, OK you went to alternative school now this is the playoffs, welcome back :rolleyes:

it depends on WHY he was in alternative..if it was because of missed time when in jail for charges dropped then he should be able to play