PDA

View Full Version : El Mariachi coming to TCM on Monday morning at 2 A.M.!

Phil C
11-22-2008, 12:41 PM
This movie was made in 1992 and is fantastic with great Mexico scenery. Don't miss this one if you haven't seen it. I have seen the English dubbed in version and also the one in Spanish with English subtitles. Probably TCM will show it with the English subtitles which is the one I hope is shown. It is the first time that TCM is showing it so I am sure it will be repeated. The time isn't too good so you may want to set those recorders. A man has double crossed local drug lords and carries a black guitar case. Unfortunate an honest musician trying to find a job is carrying the same type of guitar case and gets mistaken for the other one.

Enjoy!

Phil C
11-22-2008, 12:52 PM
An interesting note is that this movie was directed and written by Richard Rodriguez who also did the same thing with the Spy Kids movies that had Antonio Banderas and Alexa Vega.

District303aPastPlayer
11-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
An interesting note is that this movie was directed and written by Richard Rodriguez who also did the same thing with the Spy Kids movies that had Antonio Banderas and Alexa Vega.

His studio, Twisted Pictures, has also been behind Saw 3, IV, and V, Stewart Little, Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico. The box set including this movie is available at Wal-Mart for like 10 bucks...

Phil C
11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
We hit the jackpot. They had the one with subtitles which in my opinion is the best one. Don't be discouraged if you miss it because I am sure it will be repeated.

Phil C
11-25-2008, 09:43 AM
As an added note this movie was filmed in Acuna, Mexico. Lots of scenes are shown in the town which adds to the interest. As an added note of interest there are no outside night scenes shown in this movie.