PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Div I Quarterfinal: Cuero Gobblers (10-1) vs La Feria Lions (7-5)

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Game is set for 6:00 P.M. on Saturday, November 29th at Buccaneer Stadium in Corpus Christi.

Who will be the Reg IV Div 1 representative and why?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 11:20 AM
:) This game shouldnt be close,BUT La Feria is a unknown, are they the team that lost to Lyford, Rio Hondo and Raymondville by a good margin and just squeaked out a 3-0 win over Robstown or a team that came ready to play against a good Bandera team and put them away 31-14. If the latter La Feria could keep it decent but just can't see no way them winning if Cuero plays their game.

GreenMachine
11-22-2008, 11:27 AM
LaFeria obviously is on a roll and playing great ball, just bad for them they run up against Cuero. Cuero is also on a roll and playing good ball. Honestly, no slight to LaFeria, Cuero is just TOO much for them to handle. Too many weapons at Reeve's disposal for LaFeria to stay in this game.

OldBison75
11-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Cuero has too many weapons and too much tradition. This game sets the table for the Cuero final push. I have hoped for a Cuero vs Navasota Semi-final matchup all year and it looks very possible now. I think Cuero will definitely make the trip and I have faith that Navasota will come out next week with fire and determination and make this matchup a reality.

Good luck THIS WEEK to the Gobblers. You do your part this week and Navasota will try to see you in a couple of weeks in the battle royal.

GreenMachine
11-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Cuero has too many weapons and too much tradition. This game sets the table for the Cuero final push. I have hoped for a Cuero vs Navasota Semi-final matchup all year and it looks very possible now. I think Cuero will definitely make the trip and I have faith that Navasota will come out next week with fire and determination and make this matchup a reality.

Good luck THIS WEEK to the Gobblers. You do your part this week and Navasota will try to see you in a couple of weeks in the battle royal. Who does Naqvasota play next week?

crabman
11-22-2008, 11:38 AM
This is why Cuero will beat LaFeria - Matchups. Period.

Arndt - He can stand flat footed and throw a ball 60 yards and hit a guy in stride or he can outrun you for 80 yards like a running back. The running is something no one has seen up until last night.

Jackson - He should be back and hopefully in form. The Saturday game gives him a fifteen days of rest and rehab on that groin. Kudos to Coach Reeve for not even suiting him up and getting the kid's hopes up for getting in the game.

Rangnow - a beast of a linebacker and a great low-running fullback that is guaranteed two yards when you need them the most.

Ruiz - Roams sideline to sideline and tackles anything coming his way.

Boothe - the smartest safety to come through here in a long time. He flat doesn't make mistakes. Someone might catch a ball on him but they don't trick him into anything.

The Smith Twins - Beasts in their own right. Big Smith is just dominating. Little Smith is quick.

Pickett - it all starts in the middle since we don't run much wide. If he handles his man the rest of it all falls into place.

Armstrong and Glover - I am glad they are on our team. Great, great hands. Speed to spare. Crisp routes. Great players.

Pargmann - hard nosed and fast. Hope he comes out of his hip injury this week. Him and Trent splitting time will be a deadly combo. Fresh legs up into the fourth quarter.

Patton, Goebel, Blinka - the beef behind all of Trent's success and Arndt's stats as well as the force behind our shut-down run defense.

Harryman - proved last night what he is capable of doing. Great speed. Great hands. There when you need him and last night we needed him.

Little Goebel - always in the right place at the right time. His open field tackle of Downey last night was a thing of beauty. He listened to his coaches somewhere along the line.

Moeller - Great speed at safety and a stabilizing force in our kicking game. If he has to take that shoe on and off too many more times it will fall to pieces.

Olsovsky - tall, athletic, and always in the right place at the right time. Just a knack for being around the ball.

Hoffman - quiet and unassuming right up to the point where he removes your head from your body. Fantastic sophomore with a great future.

Johnson - stepped in at running back when Pargmann went down with the broken ankle. Let Trent takeover the starting job with no complaints. Took over again when Trent went down. Turned it back over to Pargmann when Cole got healthy. Took it back over again when Pargmann went out with the hip injury. I am not sure everyone realizes what a team player this kid is. No fanfare, just tell me what I need to do.

The coaches, starting at the top. - They just keep making these guys better and better each week. What more can you say than that?

OldBison75
11-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Won't know who Navasota plays until tonight. It will be the winner of LaVega-Tyler Chapel Hill.

SintonFan_inAustin

Arndt - He can stand flat footed and throw a ball 60 yards and hit a guy in stride or he can outrun you for 80 yards like a running back. The running is something no one has seen up until last night.

Jackson - He should be back and hopefully in form. The Saturday game gives him a fifteen days of rest and rehab on that groin. Kudos to Coach Reeve for not even suiting him up and getting the kid's hopes up for getting in the game.

Rangnow - a beast of a linebacker and a great low-running fullback that is guaranteed two yards when you need them the most.

Boothe - the smartest safety to come through here in a long time. He flat doesn't make mistakes. Someone might catch a ball on him but they don't trick him into anything.

The Smith Twins - Beasts in their own right. Big Smith is just dominating. Little Smith is quick.

Pickett - it all starts in the middle since we don't run much wide. If he handles his man the rest of it all falls into place.

Armstrong and Glover - I am glad they are on our team. Great, great hands. Speed to spare. Crisp routes. Great players.

Pargmann - hard nosed and fast. Hope he comes out of his hip injury this week. Him and Trent splitting time will be a deadly combo. Fresh legs up into the fourth quarter.

Patton, Goebel, Blinka - the beef behind all of Trent's success and Arndt's stats as well as the force behind our shut-down run defense.

Harryman - proved last night what he is capable of doing. Great speed. Great hands. There when you need him and last night we needed him.

Little Goebel - always in the right place at the right time. His open field tackle of Downey last night was a thing of beauty. He listened to his coaches somewhere along the line.

Moeller - Great speed at safety and a stabilizing force in our kicking game. If he has to take that shoe on and off too many more times it will fall to pieces.

Olsovsky - tall, athletic, and always in the right place at the right time. Just a knack for being around the ball.

Hoffman - quiet and unassuming right up to the point where he removes your head from your body. Fantastic sophomore with a great future.

Johnson - stepped in at running back when Pargmann went down with the broken ankle. Let Trent takeover the starting job with no complaints. Took over again when Trent went down. Turned it back over to Pargmann when Cole got healthy. Took it back over again when Pargmann went out with the hip injury. I am not sure everyone realizes what a team player this kid is. No fanfare, just tell me what I need to do.

The coaches, starting at the top. - They just keep making these guys better and better each week. What more can you say than that? So basically Cuero overall team the reason this should be a Cuero big margin win. Bandera QB had a good game til they were out of the game and then forced things so i think they have seen a good QB but not a stable of RBs to also worry about.

headhunter
Well said Crabman, and I will add that Harryman reminds me of a slot receiver named Morris from Texas Tech, he is short long certain of gravity and surprises you with his speed and quickness. Oh and Tibideaux. He is a bright youngster, just a soph. and he does a great job of being a solid sub.

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I agree 100% Crabman - 'Little Smith" might have good games every week - but last night, he seemed to be having a good time out there..... I noticed alot of emotion from him...... ;)

headhunter
11-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
So basically Cuero overall team the reason this should be a Cuero big margin win. Bandera QB had a good game til they were out of the game and then forced things so i think they have seen a good QB but not a stable of RBs to also worry about.

No your wrong, Bandera's QB was no where close to Arndt, the kid is amazing he hangs in the pocket and steps up and makes throws, no he's not perfect but he is a winner and he rebounds well from any brakdown or mistake, you can't even put him in the same category as Bandera's QB.

crabman
11-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Forgot about Thibodeaux. Great when you need him. When you break the whole thing down we are not real weak anywhere. We may not be the best at every single matchup but you only have to win a few of the matchups on each play to be successful. We have so many places to hit. 5 running backs and 7 receivers typically get touches. How does a coach prepare for that?

Actually that is a question for both sides. How does Reeve prepare for that? That is an awful lot of kids to work with to get everybody to execute perfectly. How do opposing coaches prepare for it? Obviously over the last 6 years they haven't up until about December. We have taken average talent deep, deep into the playoffs. Even this year when you think about it. How many realistic D1 players do we have. Arndt. Jackson? Too early to tell with him. Call it one and a half.

Next week should be fun. See you guys in Corpus.

Buccaneer
11-22-2008, 11:59 AM
60-0

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
No your wrong, Bandera's QB was no where close to Arndt, the kid is amazing he hangs in the pocket and steps up and makes throws, no he's not perfect but he is a winner and he rebounds well from any brakdown or mistake, you can't even put him in the same category as Bandera's QB.
I agree Headhunter and I was standing with a bunch of guys (my husband will be thrilled to hear that lol lol) at the fence waiting on halftime/meet and greet -maybe 4 mins left?? I am not sure the exact time - anyway when we were on our own 20ish yard line and Tyler took that snap - looked deep - everyone was covered, he tucked the ball in, went to the right and ran all the way down the sideline to score. Outrunning DB's bigtime. There were 3 men from Rice Consolidated standing there and their jaws dropped wide open!! Old Green and Gobbler2001 were there - they saw it. Then we kick off - Sealy goes 3 and out and we get the ball back - Tyler takes the snap - looks deep - sees Robert open - throws a perfect pass and Robert makes a great catch and bam - touchdown. When I walked down there - I'll admit - it was looking tough.. (we were ahead 21-17 and the momentum was obviously on the Sealy side) Our boys didn't lower their heads and cower they stood tall - within 2 mins or so - it was 35-17. Those 3 guys from Rice said - "that's the nail in the coffin, he got his groove on now" That one guy said "I knew he could throw, but I had no idea he could run like that" :)

GreenMachine
11-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Forgot about Thibodeaux. Great when you need him. When you break the whole thing down we are not real weak anywhere. We may not be the best at every single matchup but you only have to win a few of the matchups on each play to be successful. We have so many places to hit. 5 running backs and 7 receivers typically get touches. How does a coach prepare for that?

Actually that is a question for both sides. How does Reeve prepare for that? That is an awful lot of kids to work with to get everybody to execute perfectly. How do opposing coaches prepare for it? Obviously over the last 6 years they haven't up until about December. We have taken average talent deep, deep into the playoffs. Even this year when you think about it. How many realistic D1 players do we have. Arndt. Jackson? Too early to tell with him. Call it one and a half.

Next week should be fun. See you guys in Corpus. I thought that "big" Smith could be D1 material?

crabman
11-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Big Smith, maybe. Take a look at Cody Wallace the next time you see him. 6'-4" and 300 lbs. That is the norm in D1 football now. Look at Texas Tech. Closer to 320 lbs. There is just an abundance of freakishly large linemen now. 6'-2" 270 lbs is small by D1 standards. If Smith has the frame to bulk up to 310 or 320 then he might could play. He dang sure has the "want to".

JT44
11-22-2008, 01:00 PM
No mental errors and no turnovers next week for the Gobblers. The game can be easily won but they can't look past LaFeria, they capitalized on Bandera's mistakes and took the game.
Just b/c it's a valley team besides PI or Rio Hondo doesn't mean they will just lay down.

I know 7 on 7 doesn't mean much, (no pads or lineman to bust you up) but I think La feria won the tourney here in cuero 2 years ago and went pretty far this summer.

nfcfan
11-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Though, La Feria did have a very good win over Bandera. Bandera's district got swept in the playoffs, and against non-district opponents Bandera went 1-3 in the regular season.

That and because Cuero is Cuero, the La Feria team are definately the underdogs or underlions. :D

Go Lions!

CueroDad08
11-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Nice post Crab
Hey 44 were was my haftime show invite?

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 01:27 PM
great post crabman...we have some great players and they get better every week...chalk one up for the coaches...they're doing a good job too...we just go in and take charge on 1st possession, whether it's on offense or defense...we set the standards...last night we scored first, so they were playing catch-up...Arndt and Co. just get in a rhyhm and the defense creates havoc from there...will be a good game, but just don't see them running with us all night...can't wait for another heck of a game...and we have to wait an extra day:mad:

:clap: :D :clap:

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Nice post Crab
Hey 44 were was my haftime show invite?
you mean the M&G? we talked about it all week here.... you must have been working all week - didn't see you much online?

CueroDad08
11-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I think you can forget about the RGV myth. I am sure they will play with alot of heart. And if not ready or the kids buy into what everyone is saying about RGV than it could end up just like a Port Isabel game. Just keep getting better from head cheese down. And Cuero will be just fine.

CueroDad08
11-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you mean the M&G? we talked about it all week here.... you must have been working all week - didn't see you much online?

Just giving you a hard time....I will join in sometime soon.

CueroDad08
11-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Hey 44
So we play Sat. at CC 7:30 ?

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Hey 44
So we play Sat. at CC 7:30 ?

everything I've seen says 6:00 on Saturday in CC

Boomer
11-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by JT44
No mental errors and no turnovers next week for the Gobblers. The game can be easily won but they can't look past LaFeria, they capitalized on Bandera's mistakes and took the game.
Just b/c it's a valley team besides PI or Rio Hondo doesn't mean they will just lay down.

I know 7 on 7 doesn't mean much, (no pads or lineman to bust you up) but I think La feria won the tourney here in cuero 2 years ago and went pretty far this summer.

your right JT44. Can't look past any team this far in the playoffs. They are here for a reason. We have to take care of business on Sat. night and stay focus on the team we are up against. Like i said, play every game like its your last!! Practice hard and don't overlook any team.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 02:00 PM
everything I've seen says 6:00 on Saturday in CC

guess i'll be in Victoria Friday night for Giddings/Rio Hondo game...another great weekend of some high school football...:clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
guess i'll be in Victoria Friday night for Giddings/Rio Hondo game...another great weekend of some high school football...:clap: :clap: :clap:
yep - just told Mr44 the same thing - we have a wedding reception to attend on Saturday night - I can't believe we'll miss the game :( We knew all along this might be a decision to make and since Middle44 is in the wedding - and coming in from Florida for the reception - we are going to the reception. It's the right thing to do - but I will have my cell for updates:p I am hoping that the Sinton vs Bellville/LaVernia game is a 1pm game in Victoria on Saturday - now that would fit into my plans ;)

crabman
11-22-2008, 02:08 PM
The game is definitely at 6:00 P.M. We are thinking about going to San Antonio to watch Calhoun. Gotta follow those crabs.

KingRob
11-22-2008, 04:00 PM

The Giddings/Rio Hondo game will now be played at Gustafson Stadium in S.A.

I know I'm being selfish, but the Gobblers playing on Saturday means I can stay up and listen to the whole game since I don't have to get up early Sunday!

The Gobblers will just be too strong and fast for the Lions.

Survey Says:
CUERO - 49
La Feria - 13

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Almost forgot, Great post Crabman!

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 04:05 PM
maybe the sticky is wrong, but round 3 says it's in Victoria...:thinking:

KingRob
11-22-2008, 04:11 PM
The Giddings/Yoakum thread has buffgal stating a change in venue. You would think S.A. is an extra 90 minute ride for the Rio Hondo folks. I dunno...that's what she's saying.

Boomer
11-22-2008, 05:29 PM
The game is definitely at 6:00 P.M. We are thinking about going to San Antonio to watch Calhoun. Gotta follow those crabs.

Where and when does Calhoun play?

Fal44
11-22-2008, 05:51 PM
ill go with cuero cause they wear kelly green...

and i dislike la feria...

cuero by 45

:D

im bias..:D

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 05:58 PM
I found a post in the sports section of the Victoria Advocate. It is by far not "gospel" but it's what a Sandcrab fan is saying.....

"It is officially true that CHS will play at 8:00 pm in the Alamodome as the home team. I hope to see all of you there!"

referring to Saturday night from prior posts....

Ray_BearKat
11-22-2008, 06:04 PM
wow, congrats to LF for taking down Bandera...good luck with Cuero.

HM33
11-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Great post Crabman. Can't agree more. If Cuero comes out and plays like they did last night, they will win. I saw a lot of what has been lacking (IMO) from a bout of players. FUN!!!!! The kids had fun last night playing and they played with the emotion that sometimes slips away from them. I talked to HM#6 and he said after he caught that TD (his first of the year) they went crazy. Thats great and thats what they should do EVERY GAME!!!! Get excited. They played like they didn't want that game to be their last. The 'want to play next week' was in them. Good game but now its onto La Feria. Play with like this and Cuero rolls.

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 10:21 PM
so what is the "real" name of this game
Quarterfinals or Regional Finals? I always get confused on that....... and what will the Sinton vs (??) and Giddings vs Rio Hondo games be?

44INAROW
11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
ttt

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 10:48 AM
so what is the "real" name of this game
Quarterfinals or Regional Finals? I always get confused on that....... and what will the Sinton vs (??) and Giddings vs Rio Hondo games be? the overall tourney bracket for Div 1 its Quarterfinals, but for your region its the Region final. D2 is in Regional for the overall tourney and for the region its region semifinals :)

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Since all 3 games being played this week are "shoe ins" for Cuero, Bellville & Giddings, gonna go with the REGION FINAL this week as "game of the week" even though Cuero will probably kill La Feria.

Good Luck to the Gobblers!

I (and I checked with R4Editor ;) ) don't think the Lions can keep up with all the athletes & speed Cuero has on BOTH sides of the ball.

This one will be over early. My prediction 42-7 in the 1st half! :eek: :eek:

This kinda sucks for Cuero though so hopefully the Lions can give them a little bit of a game.

You'd like to be able to face some competition because the next game won't be easy!

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 11:28 AM
grrrrrrrrrr i was trying to sticky this and i guess someone kept beating me to the punch! LOL

if anyone was watching i bet that was funny....sticky, no sticky, closed, sticky, no sticky :D

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
grrrrrrrrrr i was trying to sticky this and i guess someone kept beating me to the punch! LOL

if anyone was watching i bet that was funny....sticky, no sticky, closed, sticky, no sticky :D
Sorry :D

HM33
11-23-2008, 12:19 PM
LoL, I lost it for a bit there. I didn't think it would be RIV Game of the Week so I never looked at the sticky sections. I was confused.

gobbler grad
11-23-2008, 12:29 PM

this ain't happening since game has been moved... :( but I got another in mind...just got to see how it plays out...:evillol: :evillol:

crabman
11-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Looks like Round Rock on Friday night might be the game to go see. Navasota/LaVega.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Hmmm... two teams Cuero blew out this year have made the third round of the playoffs... RH in 3A and Beeville in 4A... Devine made the second round but we didn't get to play them (Ike)... Lost to LVernia, they made the second round... beat Bay City but they didn't make the playoffs, but they're in a pretty tough 4A district...

so the teams from our predistrict schedule have recorded a 6-2 record so far this postseason...

I think Reeve has done a great job scheduling tough opponents...

crabman
11-23-2008, 02:58 PM
That was the plan when he saw how our district was shaping up.

We need to find some for next year. I still want to play Calhoun again.

sinfan75
11-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Cuero in a runaway 56-14

gobbler grad
11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Looks like Round Rock on Friday night might be the game to go see. Navasota/LaVega.

looks like that's where it's going to be...:clap:

should be a great game...

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 04:02 PM

Arndt - The running is something no one has seen up until last night.

Did you see the same game I saw? Arndt was on the sideline in street clothes and his letter jacket all night... and I always thought he was white :confused:

oh wait, that was Trent Jackson... so nice of Arndt to let him wear his jacket...

JT44
11-23-2008, 05:13 PM
some people I knew from victoria were at the game and when I told them who Trent was their response was "That's it?"
They were expecting some kind of beast-like manchild.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 05:45 PM
ha... victoria..... "that's it".... jaja

crabman
11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
No posts on this thread in almost three hours. What's the deal. Hard to talk smack on LaFeria? No LaFeria posters to smack back?

Yo momma's so big...........

sinton66
11-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Don't think we have a single member from La Feria. They probably won't join after this week either.;)

HM33
11-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I'm sad. I can't get my post count up this week :(....

crabman
11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Casey, don't you need to think about changing that sig after that showing by Tech last night?

CueroDad08
11-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Crabman you going to the Game Thur.?
You do know Texas has to get some style points to stay at #2 in BCS? Mac will not pull the dogs off for 2 reasons. BCS and Payback.

piratebg
11-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Best of luck Gobblers :)

HM33
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Casey, don't you need to think about changing that sig after that showing by Tech last night?

You are right. I will look around and find another. I'm embarrassed by the performance last night.

crabman
11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I am not going to Austin. It doesn't matter how bad they beat A&M. Our strength of schedule sucks so badly, Texas can hang 60 or 70 on us and they are going to drop to #3 in the BCS. Unfortunate but true.

Check out the RGV site. I am on there now. See if we can get something going with the valley folks.

footballgal
11-23-2008, 10:22 PM
NM

44INAROW
11-23-2008, 11:23 PM
HM33 - be sure and check out the updated pics on the Gobbler website - nice picture of #6 reception and good ones of #2 and #7 too......... and a good one of Tyler running the ball..... Haynes and Kim do a great job on the action shots...... :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 11:48 PM
real good pictures

HM33
11-23-2008, 11:49 PM
HM33 - be sure and check out the updated pics on the Gobbler website - nice picture of #6 reception and good ones of #2 and #7 too......... and a good one of Tyler running the ball..... Haynes and Kim do a great job on the action shots...... :clap: :clap:

Found one... I just need someone to make me a better sig than the one I just did. It took me like 10 mins... lol

Gobbla2001
11-23-2008, 11:53 PM
very alert play by your bro there... good pass, good defensive play and a great finish...

HM33
11-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
very alert play by your bro there... good pass, good defensive play and a great finish...

Yeah, hope he can have another game like he did this week in CC.

Footballhudini
11-24-2008, 03:29 AM
might as well get the la vega/la feria thread started

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 05:10 AM
The Turkeys have the last laugh for Thanksgiving and feast on Lions.

La Feria surprised/impressed me w/ their win over Bandera......BUT.....now we're talking Cuero...and the Gobblers are on a ROOOOLLL!! They DISMANTLED a pretty dang good, physical and fast Sealy team last week.

If Cuero WANTED to I believe this game could be 80-0.

La Feria has not seen a team NEAR the level of what they'll see this week. Cuero will be WAY too big, WAY too fast WAY too talented and WAY too well coached for the Lions.

Cuero 65
La Feria 14

Johnny 5
11-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Go Lions!

crabman
11-24-2008, 09:08 AM
might as well get the la vega/la feria thread started

OOOOOOHHHHHH...... No you didn't....

LaVega deserves to lose and I would love to play Navasota after everything I have heard about them.

As for the second half of that matchup, it will be Cuero by at least three touchdowns.

Cowboy_Up
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The Turkeys have the last laugh for Thanksgiving and feast on Lions.

La Feria surprised/impressed me w/ their win over Bandera......BUT.....now we're talking Cuero...and the Gobblers are on a ROOOOLLL!! They DISMANTLED a pretty dang good, physical and fast Sealy team last week.

If Cuero WANTED to I believe this game could be 80-0.

La Feria has not seen a team NEAR the level of what they'll see this week. Cuero will be WAY too big, WAY too fast WAY too talented and WAY too well coached for the Lions.

Cuero 65
La Feria 14

Was Sealy really that good? Seemed like they couldn't throw or hang on to the ball. I think Cuero wins even if Sealy plays well, but they put the ball on the ground a bunch, and even though Cuero played good pass defense, most of Sealy's throws were not even close. Cuero had A LOT to do with it, but I think the Tigers had an off night.

Having said all that, I think Sealy would beat La Feria. The Cuero Starters will be resting in the 4th quarter of this one.

The big one is next week; winner next week wins it all.

headhunter
11-24-2008, 12:03 PM
I agree that Sealy made some mistakes last week but it was almost all due to the speed and pressure of the Cuero defense. Sealy played very hard and had good speed, I think they were the fastest team Cuero played this year. They could not execute due to Cuero being to strong and not allowing them to sustain blocks. Sealy was a pretty darn good football team and Cuero made them look bad.

Cuero will have to come out with the same intensity they did last week. When you are this deep in the playoffs every one is good. Intensity made the difference last week and if the Cuero defense plays like they did against Sealy then LaFeria may only sniff the endzone once. The Gobblers have to put them away, you can not let a valley team hang around, they feed off of teams mistakes and will make it interesting if you allow them to be in the ball game. With that said I think Cuero will come out and take care of business, they should win this one pretty big and get the reserves in the game early.

You can bet LaFeria will pull out all the trick plays they have, I think they know they will have to play above the level thay have played at all year. Cuero may be heavily favored but DON'T take them lightly!!!

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 01:20 PM
gotta agree, a lot of Sealy's mistakes on offense were due in large part to the pressure and the coverage the Cuero D presented the Tigers...

That first turnover by the QB was a lesson learned for him... he should have launched her outta bounds instead of waiting around for an open receiver... we were on him hot that play and he couldn't get down before dropping the ball... he did the right thing later in the game on a couple of different plays by letting her sail out...

As for Cuero and Navasota, let's get past WLV and LF first, and I sure wouldn't say the winner of a Cuero/'Sota game is the state champ... the opponent will be a helluva a team and just as good...

Now for La Feria? How do you guage the team... do you guage them off of their performance against Rio Hondo? Or do you guage them off of their performance against Bandera? And was Bandera even that good or just another name that was supposed to beat the Valley team (honestly, I do not know)?

All in all I don't see Cuero losing just yet...

HM33
11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Blah Blah, with all the Sealy talk. That was last week and they got the thump thumps out now. Its about this week and La Feria. Cuero comes out and plays to the standards they did last week and they will not have a problem. I wish there were some La Feria posters on the site. I haven't heard anything from anyone.

rojosgirl
11-24-2008, 02:37 PM
For whatever reason, nobody ever gives valley teams much of a chance. They did have to win some games to get this far and there have been some HUGE upsets in the past. If Cuero plays a well-rounded game like they did against Sealy there should be no problem. But don't go counting on a match up with Navasota just yet. The climb up that ladder should be one rung at a time!
GO-MEAN-GREEN!:thumbsup:

GreenMachine
11-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
For whatever reason, nobody ever gives valley teams much of a chance. They did have to win some games to get this far and there have been some HUGE upsets in the past. If Cuero plays a well-rounded game like they did against Sealy there should be no problem. But don't go counting on a match up with Navasota just yet. The climb up that ladder should be one rung at a time!
GO-MEAN-GREEN!:thumbsup: The climb up the ladder is one rung at a time and LaFeria is the next rung, then onto the semi's :thumbsup::D

footballgal
11-24-2008, 03:32 PM

The coaches, starting at the top. - They just keep making these guys better and better each week. What more can you say than that?

With that kind of roster it would be a HUGE disappointment not to win state... especially this year as Div I means one less game.

IHStangFan
11-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
Was Sealy really that good? Seemed like they couldn't throw or hang on to the ball. I think Cuero wins even if Sealy plays well, but they put the ball on the ground a bunch, and even though Cuero played good pass defense, most of Sealy's throws were not even close. Cuero had A LOT to do with it, but I think the Tigers had an off night.

Having said all that, I think Sealy would beat La Feria. The Cuero Starters will be resting in the 4th quarter of this one.

The big one is next week; winner next week wins it all. wait....what? why are we talkin about the Sealy/Cuero game? All I said is that Sealy was a pretty good team......I wasn't implying if they played a good game they'd of beat Cuero....where did you get that I said that? My point was....Sealy is a better team than La Feria I'd be willing to bet......so La Feria is in trouble.

GreenMachine
11-24-2008, 07:08 PM
We really need some LaFeria posters baaadddddd! This is the most boring thread for the region 4 championship. Gobblers gonna spank that booty and get ready for Navasota/Waco LaVega.

44INAROW
11-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
We really need some LaFeria posters baaadddddd! .
maybe we could pursuade Johnny5 and/or Footballgal to be the La Feria "proxy" posters;) (just so we're not talking to ourselves all week) I'll be rooting for Rio Hondo and Sinton this week if that helps :p :p trying to support the south Texas teams

Gobbla2001
11-24-2008, 07:20 PM
I'll be a La Feria poster this week...

Arndt seems like a great passer... but he hasn't had to run from the Lions yet :devil:

We're going to go up to Corpus and eat some turkey WOOOOOOOOOOOO :clap: :clap:

Gobbler Fan
11-24-2008, 07:39 PM
:lies:

HM33
11-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I'll be a La Feria poster this week...

Arndt seems like a great passer... but he hasn't had to run from the Lions yet :devil:

We're going to go up to Corpus and eat some turkey WOOOOOOOOOOOO :clap: :clap:

LoL, funny. I could possibly pose as one. I actually have been doggin the Gobblers quite a bit this year. Up until the last two weeks :)

GreenMachine
11-24-2008, 08:14 PM
maybe we could pursuade Johnny5 and/or Footballgal to be the La Feria "proxy" posters;) (just so we're not talking to ourselves all week) I'll be rooting for Rio Hondo and Sinton this week if that helps :p :p trying to support the south Texas teams The south Texas teams will need a lot of support, they have both got to be pretty big underdogs. Not including LaFeria, they are TREMENDOUS underdogs :thinking: ;) :D

gobbler grad
11-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by HM33
LoL, funny. I could possibly pose as one. I actually have been doggin the Gobblers quite a bit this year. Up until the last two weeks :)

that sig is awesome...:thumbsup:

GreenMachine
11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
that sig is awesome...:thumbsup: How do you do a picture like that?

HM33
11-24-2008, 10:48 PM
How do you do a picture like that?

Adobe Photoshop. I wish I could be creative like some of my other computer friends/dorks. This one I threw together in about 15 mins.

And thanks gobbler grad :)

Gobbla2001
11-25-2008, 03:14 AM
Call it tuesday morning or call it monday night
right now the Gobbler faithful are all sleeping tight
Minus Old Green who has recently replied to a thread
most of the other Gobbler fans have long since gone to bed

But way down in South Texas, a place called the RGV
A town called La Feria has no time to sleep
Their Lions they're a practicin' so they can be a winner
they'll all travel to Corpus Christi to eat their Thanksgiving dinner

They're mean and they're hungry, they are ready to fight
a big ole bus fulla turkey is where they'll lay their bite
they don't care about that Cuero, whether they can run or pass
them turks better watch out, 'cos La Feria's whuppin' their ass

-Lionbbla2001

Johnny 5
11-25-2008, 07:32 AM
So you are implying that La Feria is having illegal practices?

Gobbla2001
11-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
So you are implying that La Feria is having illegal practices?

the coaches aren't there, the coaches did not call the practice either. these kids want to win all on their own and thats the difference between La Feria and Cuero. They have the talent, Cuero doesnt think they need to practice but you know what we know we have to so thats why our boys have taken it into their own hands GO EAT TURKEY WOOOOOO

-Lionbbla2001

Gobbla2001
11-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Have you ever seen a Lion prowl across the African Plains?
Well hell neither have we but we still chose that name
Lions are rough and tough and can take many'o creature down
esspecially some 20 pound bird that comes from Cuero town

What the hell is a Gobbler anyway? Some kind of toy?
A hungry troll from under the bridge or a kinky little boy?
But really none of it matters, just know we are for real
Yes the Lions from La Feria will win 99 to nil

-Lionbbla2001

HM33
11-25-2008, 08:20 AM
LoL, very nice.

footballgal
11-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Heheee your funny Gobbla 2001 :D

I have lived in La Feria since 1990, so I guess I would quailfy as their Proxy... but now you know how the rest of our district feels, we talk amoung ourselves, during the week vs the Lions. And yes there are plenty of people with PCs in LF, mine is even hooked up with Road Runner... beep beep. ;)

44INAROW
11-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Clever Lionblaa2001 ;)

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 10:17 AM
So you are implying that La Feria is having illegal practices? :doh: :doh: HAHA wow

Lionbbla2001 you are a funny guy! :2thumbsup

Johnny 5
11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
I meant what I said in a facetious way . . .

my sarcasm is lacking in the morning . . .

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 10:27 AM

my sarcasm is lacking in the morning . . .

haha good...you never with some of you guys...so sensitive :taunt:

oh and there is that word again "facetious" :nerd: :D

gobb, i mean lionbbla will be so happy

44INAROW
11-25-2008, 10:38 AM

Johnny5 said facetious :) :D :D

Johnny 5
11-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I know :D

I finally got to use the word of the week

lol

GreenMachine
11-25-2008, 11:26 AM
And for my 1000th post I say...Goooo Meeaaannnn Grreeeeennn!!! :clap: :D

Old Green
11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
I know :D

I finally got to use the word of the week

lol Way to go Johnny5:cheerl: :D

Gobbla2001
11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
did someone say fhesicious?

HM33
11-25-2008, 01:14 PM
I like how a majority of the post on here are not even about football or even the game. i.e. this one :)

Gobbla2001
11-25-2008, 01:17 PM
I'd talk more football, but I fell down and bumped my head celebrating Thursday night and have completely forgotten the names of the players on our wonderful Lion team and what positions they play etc... hell I forgot how to get back to La Feria until I used mapquest last night...

sometimes it's tough living here...

HM33
11-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd talk more football, but I fell down and bumped my head celebrating Thursday night and have completely forgotten the names of the players on our wonderful Lion team and what positions they play etc... hell I forgot how to get back to La Feria until I used mapquest last night...

sometimes it's tough living here...

Well the good news is that you still know where the downlow is :)

Gobbla2001
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Well the good news is that you still know where the downlow is :)

Si

(back to Gobbla2001):

Someone round up some LF people, really interested in hearing what they've got to say about the game...

garciap77
11-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Cuero Gobblers all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

HM33
11-25-2008, 01:38 PM

Someone round up some LF people, really interested in hearing what they've got to say about the game...

Don't see it happening. How about the teams that LF have played??? Any of those posters still around? We could get a little info from them.

gobbler grad
11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
I just know LaFeria is is ready for Sat. night...will be able to stop that run up the middle, since Cuero won't go outside...and linebackers will be blitzing and taking that QB down or intercepting anything he throws...they have had some good practices this week and are well prepared...don't wanna hear alot of excuses come Sunday morning...:tisk: :tisk:
I guess next week LF will be playing further north...:clap:

headhunter
11-25-2008, 02:36 PM
This is what the Lions have done this year.

La Feria Lions
08/29....OPEN
09/05....vs. Mercedes (13-38) L
09/12....Westalco East (13-21) L
09/19....@ Santa Rosa (54-28) W
09/26....@ Lyford* (21-40) L
10/03....Raymondville* (38-49) L
10/10....Zapata* (50-13) W
10/17....@ Port Isabel* (28-21) W
10/24....Progresso* (21-14) W
10/31....@ Hidalgo* (49-21) W
11/07....Rio Hondo* (17-35) L
1st rd....Robstown (3-0) W
2nd rd...Bandera (31-14) W

It's tough to get any info on this team but I do believe they like to run about 60% and throw about 40%. They will spread it out and the QB likes to take off and run as well.

Not much to compare to other than the Rio Hondo game, and since this was in Week 10 we know that Rio Hondo has gotten a lot better than when Cuero played them, do I think either could beat Cuero now - NO. but LaFeria must be doing something right, they have put up some decent scoring numbers. The one thing that makes me feel even better is that the allow alot of points, Cuero likes to score and I just don't see LaFeria stoping Cuero all night. It will be important for Reeves to make sure he gets as many players involved in this game to allow them to gain even more confidence. Harryman and Olsovsky have gained alot of confidence over the past few weeks. By getting these players involved it makes other coaches have more things to worry about. We all know what Boothe, Armstrong, and Glover can do and now that Harryman, Olsovsky and B. Johnson are hitting their stride it will make defense coordinators head spin trying to stop them.

The Cuero Defense is still the main concern, I still like the saying DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Play with a high level of intensity, know your responsiblities and punish players all night. Cuero has continued to play better the past two weeks and I expect no different this week, they have to keep getting better because the competition won't get any easier.

Here is a look at what Cuero has done:
Cuero Gobblers
08/29....vs. Beeville (46-14) W
09/05....@ Rio Hondo (42-7) W
09/12....@ Devine - CXLD IKE
09/19....Bay City (26-21) W
09/26....@ La Vernia (6-21) L
10/03....OPEN
10/10....Yoakum* (49-14) W
10/17....@ Palacios* (56-7) W
10/25....Goliad* (63-6) W
10/31....Gonzales* (62-0) W
11/07....@ Edna*(54-14) W
1st rd....Somerset (47-22) W
2nd rd...Sealy (56-24) W

gobbler grad
11-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Lions averaging about 32 points a game compared to Cuero's 55 ppg.

:thinking:

Should be a close game...:(

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Lions averaging about 32 points a game compared to Cuero's 55 ppg.

:thinking:

Should be a close game...:(

:hand:
Oh stop it!

If Cuero doesn't win by AT LEAST 21 points I will be very disappointed! :D

HM33
11-25-2008, 03:29 PM
I will be disappointed if Cuero doesn't use all of their weapons.

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 03:40 PM
I will be disappointed if Cuero doesn't use all of their weapons.

Weapons are not allowed at UIL events! Cuero must now forfeit all of their games! :eek: :D

HAHA

gobbler grad
11-25-2008, 03:40 PM
still waiting on them to use #3 (J.B.) as a receiver...he has pretty good hands also...:thinking:

gobbler grad
11-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Weapons are not allowed at UIL events! Cuero must now forfeit all of their games! :eek: :D

HAHA

only if you get caught...

with the refs we had lately, they will never see them...:D

44INAROW
11-25-2008, 03:45 PM

HAHA

sitting on my fingers - I have so much I could say but won't.................. :D :D :D

pirate4state
11-25-2008, 03:50 PM
only if you get caught...

or charges are dropped....oh wait.....:evil:

JT44
11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
still waiting on them to use #3 (J.B.) as a receiver...he has pretty good hands also...:thinking:

His had some crucial catches against Bay City, also very acrobatic ones

gobbler grad
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
or charges are dropped....oh wait.....:evil:

:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

crabman
11-25-2008, 04:29 PM
headhunter, for the umpteenth time it is REEVE. No S on the end. Like the guy who played Superman.

HM33
11-25-2008, 04:35 PM
headhunter, for the umpteenth time it is REEVE. No S on the end. Like the guy who played Superman.

lol, it took me forever to get it right.

44INAROW
11-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Is it Saturday yet??? This is going to be a L O N G W E E K;)

HM33
11-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Is it Saturday yet??? This is going to be a L O N G W E E K;)

VERRYYY LONG!!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2008, 05:34 PM
:sleeping: :redxpoke:

44INAROW
11-25-2008, 05:42 PM
:catredx: :wave: :wave:

HM33
11-25-2008, 05:59 PM
:hijacktd: by smiley's

44INAROW
11-25-2008, 06:34 PM
HM guess who's picture is on the front page of the Cuero Record?

gobbler grad
11-25-2008, 09:06 PM
first time were getting lion on the menu for Thanksgiving...:thinking:

HM33
11-25-2008, 10:28 PM
HM guess who's picture is on the front page of the Cuero Record?

HM6??? awesome if its true. Anywhere I can see it???

martwayne
11-25-2008, 11:36 PM
good luck gooblers from a navasota rattler fan hope we can both see each other in the next round on the field. my pick ...

cuero 48
la feria 18

Footballhudini
11-25-2008, 11:53 PM
I think La Feria is going to be too much for the gobblers this weekend. Good season cuero. unfortunately it comes to an end this weekend.

LF 44
Cuero 13

crabman
11-26-2008, 12:13 AM
footballhudini has been into the grapes, I'm afraid. Cuero could lose this week if we don't play our game but by a touchdown or less. I am still thinking Cuero will win by at least four touchdowns.

LaFeria will be crying just like Edcouch-Elsa did last week after my mighty Sandcrabs put a whoopin on them. They just won't be able to figure out what happened. IF we hadn't turned the ball over 6 times. IF we hadn't averaged 27 yard per punt. IF we hadn't had 85 yards in penalties. IF we had completed over 50% of the passes. We could have won this game. We were right there. Not this year Lions.

Footballhudini
11-26-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm as big a cuero fan as anyone
unfortnately, i think la feria has the upperhand in this one

bleacherbum
11-26-2008, 09:37 AM
The Gobblers just have too many weapons on the field for the Lions to hang around long in this one.

44INAROW
11-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the Downlow BelacherBum:)

bleacherbum
11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks 44, I've been reading this site so much everyday, I figured it was time to start posting.

gobbler grad
11-26-2008, 10:14 AM
have to agree with hudini...Lions roll:eek:

nfcfan
11-26-2008, 10:42 AM
This GOTW thread has more posts/replys than the other 4 regions and it doesn't even have a La Feria poster? :D

and Region II GOTW only has 14 posts/repls? wow :thinking:

Cats Fan
11-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Lions in a huge upset! GO LIONS! REPRESENT!!

GreenMachine
11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
I think La Feria is going to be too much for the gobblers this weekend. Good season cuero. unfortunately it comes to an end this weekend.

LF 44
Cuero 13 For a hudini, you sure don't know very much :thinking: :D Cuero by a lot. :thumbsup::2thumbsup

Footballhudini
11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
have to agree with hudini...Lions roll:eek:

ohhh you shush

:D :D

Footballhudini
11-26-2008, 11:24 AM
For a hudini, you sure don't know very much :thinking: :D Cuero by a lot. :thumbsup::2thumbsup

cuero fans gonna be sitting in the bleachers of a basketball gym in less than a week tbh.

and it won't be a pep rally.
:D

Boomer
11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Cuero will have a tougher game than we think if they even think about overlooking LF. On paper, Cuero should wipe them off the map. This is the playoffs, anybody can win any given night, LF proved that last week. Gobblers have to stay focused and not overlook LF. In the past, Cuero has had a history of playing down to the other teams level. In the playoffs, it takes heart, guts, desire, determination, lay it all on the line every play attitude, no matter who you play!!! That's how Cuero played last week and I expect them to play like that here on out.

GreenMachine
11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
Cuero will have a tougher game than we think if they even think about overlooking LF. On paper, Cuero should wipe them off the map. This is the playoffs, anybody can win any given night, LF proved that last week. Gobblers have to stay focused and not overlook LF. In the past, Cuero has had a history of playing down to the other teams level. In the playoffs, it takes heart, guts, desire, determination, lay it all on the line every play attitude, no matter who you play!!! That's how Cuero played last week and I expect them to play like that here on out. The fans may overlook LF, but the players won't. They will come out well prepared and get the W! ;)

gobbler grad
11-26-2008, 12:33 PM
haven't seen anyone say anything about next week...these gobblers are playing for Saturday night...which ever wins...then they can talk next week...:thinking:
tired of being a LF fan...i'm back for the gobblers...:clap:
also BBQ'ing some crow today...it better tasting 4-5 days from now...:eek:and not ashamed to eat it...:hairpunk:

Footballhudini
11-26-2008, 12:35 PM
quite a few folk were chowing down on that crow after the La Vernia game

Mean Green Fan
11-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Lions have plenty of courage
Comments 3 | Recommend 3
November 25, 2008 - 11:19 PM
Armando Garza
RGVSports.com
LA FERIA - The La Feria Lions proved to everyone - including themselves - that they can win on the big stage.

They can thank their surprising 31-14 win over Bandera last week at the Alamodome in San Antonio for that.

Of course, they weren't the ones that were surprised.

Now, heading into the state quarterfinals, the Lions (7-5) have another huge stage to perform on when they face 9-1 Cuero Saturday at Buccaneer Stadium in Corpus Christi.

Against Bandera, La Feria did it with solid play all around.

Leading the charge was running back Randy Rodriguez (141 yards, 2 TD) and defender Adrian Ibarra (2 INTs, 1 fumble recovery).

Big-time plays in a big-time situation.

However, the Lions also did it with a relaxed attitude after getting comfortable with their surroundings.

That made a huge difference then and could also help this week, La Feria head coach Elifonso Esquivel said.

The Lions made the awe-inspiring Alamodome their personal playground. In more ways than one.

Before the win, Esquivel let his squad take a long look around to get acquainted.

"We showed up early just for that. We let them be kids for a while," Esquivel said. "It was like a big ol' picnic. They were taking pictures and throwing the ball around. We didn't want to be satisfied with just going to the Alamodome. They were relaxed, and that was helpful."

Rodriguez, who time and again burned the Bulldogs with nifty runs, said the informal session did, in fact, help.

"No one thought we could win. But we just had fun," he said. "Our coaches are always stressing to us to have fun. By game time, everyone was ready to play."

The Dome, where several Valley teams have gone to end their seasons, has no scare factor for the Lions now.

The Lions now hope to carry this same fearlessness over to Buc Stadium.

"I prefer it now (the big stage)," Rodriguez said. "I kinda wish we could play again at the Alamodome."

Ibarra, whose three-turnover effort helped the Lion defense shut out Bandera in the second half, put things into perspective.

"We were excited to be at the Alamodome because not many Valley teams get to play there," Ibarra said. "But a field's a field. They're all the same size."

It's that kind of mentality that will help against the heavily favored Gobblers.

"We didn't get here by luck," Ibarra said. "We got here with good players, good teammates and we know our potential. We know we have a chance to win."

JT44
11-26-2008, 03:39 PM
well, we know they won't be in awe when arriving at glorius buc stadium.

but they might be in awe when they see the green and white, I'm sure some of the guys will pose for pics with them;)

44INAROW
11-26-2008, 03:42 PM
GO MEAN GREEN

Boomer
11-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Gobblers will be posing all night with them!! Are they going to play Trent or hold him out one more? I would hate for him to come back to early!

gobbler grad
11-26-2008, 04:51 PM
[i]Originally posted by Mean Green Fan

Leading the charge was running back Randy Rodriguez (141 yards, 2 TD)

I think Downey from Sealy had that, plus about 50 yds. in the 1st half...:thinking:

IHStangFan
11-26-2008, 04:54 PM
have to agree with hudini...Lions roll:eek: LOL....um......

IHStangFan
11-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
cuero fans gonna be sitting in the bleachers of a basketball gym in less than a week tbh.

and it won't be a pep rally.
:D When Cuero has 50 at halftime and the Lions have yet to score...will you go away for good? :D

GreenMachine
11-26-2008, 05:37 PM
It's only Wednesday :mad: We need LF posters or "downlow" valley posters to :stirpot: :D

gobbler grad
11-26-2008, 06:57 PM
It's only Wednesday :mad: We need LF posters or "downlow" valley posters to :stirpot: :D

i'm tired of being a LF poster...:devil:

HM33
11-26-2008, 07:43 PM
i'm tired of being a LF poster...:devil:

Too bad you are stuck with it until Saturday!!...

The Kracken
11-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Just to answer an earlier question by Boomer, I hear from an inside source the Trent will not be playing come Saturday. Holding out until next week. I'll find out for sure tomorrow since he'll be coming over after Thanksgiving dinner.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2008, 10:20 PM
have to agree with hudini...Lions roll:eek: http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z226/mitsuclipse_02/lf.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkr285yxUnk&watch_response)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2008, 10:22 PM
first time were getting lion on the menu for Thanksgiving...:thinking: http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z226/mitsuclipse_02/lf.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75i68Ob8ko&feature=related)

Boomer
11-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by The Kracken
Just to answer an earlier question by Boomer, I hear from an inside source the Trent will not be playing come Saturday. Holding out until next week. I'll find out for sure tomorrow since he'll be coming over after Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanks!! It feels real good knowing he does not have to rush back. We can take care of it while he's resting.

Look out LF, this is one a_ _ kicken chicken you won't be having for Thanksgiving!! The closer it gets to game day, the more fired up I get!! Even though LF is not posting, they are looking at every comment on here.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

wildgobbler
11-27-2008, 04:55 PM
good gosh bro no wonder yer on the practic squad!!!

GO MEAN GREEN:cool:

44INAROW
11-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey WildGobbler........

GO MEAN GREEN

crabman
11-27-2008, 11:50 PM
6 hours and 41 minutes without a post!!!

You people make me sick........

What the heck is the deal. Still napping from too much turkey.
Hungover from that horrible Aggie game.
Too much celebrating from that Cowboy win.

You people better step it up tomorrow.

HM33
11-28-2008, 12:10 AM
WoW that is way to long. I would have posted but I didn't have a PC and internet.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2008, 12:20 AM
http://kris.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/sports/logo/laferia.gif (http://www.rgvsports.com/articles/_3416___article.html/_.html )

HM33
11-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Two Days!!!!!

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Little over a day left, fellas and fella-ettes...

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm thinkin' 67-0...

GreenMachine
11-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm thinkin' 67-0... :ditto: :2thumbsup :iagree:

gobbler grad
11-28-2008, 01:31 PM
just one more day...and it's all over...:(

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 01:33 PM
:ditto: :2thumbsup :iagree:

You agree La Feria is going to win 67-0? that's rad...

Gobbla2001
11-28-2008, 05:21 PM
71-0

44INAROW
11-28-2008, 09:50 PM
www.victoriaadvocate.com

Gobblers' main focus on Rio Hondo
Cuero's next opponent an easy one to overlook

BY MIKE FORMAN - MFORMAN@VICAD.COM
November 28, 2008 - 6:48 p.m.
Cuero could not have found a more unlikely foe in their Class 3A, Division I quarterfinal game than La Feria.

The Lions started the season at 1-4 and suffered a 31-14 setback to Rio Hondo in their final District 32-3A game - the same Rio Hondo team Cuero defeated 42-7 earlier this season.

La Feria (7-5) made the playoffs via the district's positive points formula before squeezing out a 3-0 bi-district playoff win over Robstown.

But if Cuero coach Mark Reeve needed some fodder to make sure the Gobblers (10-1) take the right frame of mind into today's 6 p.m. contest at Buccaneer Stadium in Corpus Christi he found it in the Lions' 31-14 regional win over Bandera.

"One of the mistakes Bandera made last week is they started looking past these guys," Reeve said. "They play great defense, they throw the ball well, they've got a good running back kind of like the Palacios kid last year. They execute what they do. They've got a good team that's on a roll right now. When you get into the playoffs, it's the hot teams that keep moving."

Reeve need only point to the Gobblers' 21-6 loss to La Vernia as an example of what can happen when they don't play their best football.

"One game we let the intensity drop and we lost," Reeve said. "Part of being in the playoffs is keeping that intensity. The ones who are going to end up winning state are the ones who get better every single week no matter who they play, no matter what they do and it's important right now to be building that momentum and getting better."

Cuero took a step forward in last week's 56-24 regional win over Sealy. The Gobblers had 519 yards of total offense against one of the region's top defenses.

"That game helped us out a bunch," senior Isaiah Glover said. "They play football from the first quarter to the last and that had to help us. We're playing as a team now and doing what we should be doing."

La Feria has had success rotating quarterbacks. Raul Bowman rushed for 99 yards against Bandera and Colie Long passed for 73 yards and two touchdowns.

"We need to keep their quarterbacks from using their arms or their legs," Glover said. "We need to slow them down and keep them out of their habits."

The Thanksgiving week is filled with distractions, but the Gobblers are so accustomed to playing at this time of year that football has become part of the holiday.

"Football is on everybody's mind as long as you're in the playoffs," senior Jake Moeller said. "It never really escapes us. You go eat and people are talking about football. It's part of everything we do."

NOTES: Cuero will be the home team...Cuero running back Trent Jackson missed the Sealy game with a hip flexor and his status will be determined today...The game will be broadcast on KBAR, 100.9 FM in Victoria...The winner will play the winner of Friday night's Waco LaVega-Navasota game in the semifinals.

gobbler grad
11-29-2008, 02:06 AM
them Lions are roaring and ready...gonna be a good game...:D

we are last RGV team left...:eek:

TAMUGRAD
11-29-2008, 08:47 AM
It's finally Saturday.

Ya'll ready for some football?

Go Mean Green!!!

garciap77
11-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Good luck Cuero!

gobbler grad
11-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
It's finally Saturday.

Ya'll ready for some football?

Go Mean Green!!!

couple more hours and were off again....

get to see some Gobbler football tonight...:clap:

GO MEAN GREEN

Gobbla2001
11-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Good luck Cuero!

Good luck to you guys too...

gobbler grad
11-29-2008, 10:57 AM
guess meeting any LF posters today would be out of the question...have to find something else to do during halftime...:(

HM33
11-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Game Time is getting closer and closer. Can't wait.

KingRob
11-29-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm going to stay up to listen to this one!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

gobbler grad
11-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
I'm going to stay up to listen to this one!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

should be an exciting one...:clap:

we'll be yelling for ya King...:clap:

HM33
11-29-2008, 12:59 PM
I will be sitting probably somewhere along the 50. Is Cuero wearing Green or White this week?

GreenGobbla
11-29-2008, 01:02 PM
good luck gobblers. :D

bleacherbum
11-29-2008, 01:04 PM
whats up HM, Cuero is home so i would assume they are going to where green, but who knows. Anyway, I have to go to the same reception as 44INAROW, so I need you to keep my posted via text. I will be trying to listen but can't count on it.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 01:09 PM
guess meeting any LF posters today would be out of the question...have to find something else to do during halftime...:( after seeing Bellville and Giddings, Cuero is the best team in Region 4 by a good margin. La Feria unless Cuero plays like they did against La Vernia will struggle to keep this close going into halftime. La Feria has a good run defense maybe not like La Vernia but if Cuero struggles running the passing game will be there to soften the run.

HM33
11-29-2008, 01:11 PM
I will send texts with score updates to whoever.

44INAROW
11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I will send texts with score updates to whoever.
I was going to ask you to Text me but I'll just get my updated from Bleacher Bum :)

GO MEAN GREEN

HM33
11-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Thats fine with me. Just need numbers :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2008, 01:20 PM
i might be able to make it to this game. :)

crabman
11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Gobblers' main focus on Rio Hondo

Did nobody else notice the headline? My wife pointed it out to me. The next line says that we should not overlook our next opponent. Apparently Mike Foreman is not even focused on the LaFeria game

We are heading out in about an hour or so. Everybody be careful.

HM33
11-29-2008, 02:46 PM
I saw it too, but it didn't really hit me till you just said it.

KingRob
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
I can't believe the Advocate has Rio Hondo instead of La Feria!:doh:

gobbler grad
11-30-2008, 12:15 AM
How did LaFeria get as far as they did ? That's all i'm asking...:thinking:

oh wait, nobody from LaFeria can answer me that...:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2008, 12:46 AM
no other team shutout Robstown and dont know how they did it but they did. Robstown wasnt that bad offensively as they could spread the field with their offensive formation and Bandera had all state QB and receiver and held them to 14 points, but like i think somebody mention before they were'nt that bad if against teams that lack team speed and size. This was a mismatch from the start of the game.

JT44
11-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Bandera's speed < Cuero's speed, that win gave them a little hope that was gone by the end of the 1st qtr.