View Full Version : Celina--Texarkana Pleasant Grove

celinaorange
11-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Friday 1:00 PM at Royse City

kepdawg
11-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by celinaorange

Cool! I can actually see this one and still see Denison play.

BobcatBenny
11-22-2008, 12:53 AM
TPG better be ready, Celina seems to have become yet another orange monster.

Again ... I am impressed with the Celina coaches. They have done a great job of figuring out this year's puzzle. :clap:

orange machine
11-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by celinaorange

That sucks i hate day games.

Twirling Time
11-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
That sucks i hate day games.

But the Bobcats love them. They are perfect in the 2000s under the sun, including the last 2 state semifinal games against Vernon and Snyder.

ADD: The only thing that stinks about it is I'm going home for Thanksgiving and I have to leave at 7 am Friday to get there by 1.

RPF2666
11-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Again ... I am impressed with the Celina coaches. They have done a great job of figuring out this year's puzzle. :clap: [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, but don't forget about the athletes, some of whom have never faced adversity in their football careers...It is AWESOME to see them rally amongst themselves...there is a ways to go, but the way they are playing...HOLD ONTO YOUR HAT!

BobcatBenny
11-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666
I agree, but don't forget about the athletes, some of whom have never faced adversity in their football careers...It is AWESOME to see them rally amongst themselves...there is a ways to go, but the way they are playing...HOLD ONTO YOUR HAT!

Yep, the players are executing, and overcoming which is extremely impressive.

I have always felt that Celina coaches do a good job of putting each kid where they can succeed the most. Which I believe has happened, yet again this season.

It would be cool to have four photos. Two photos of the season opening offense and defense and now two more of the current set.

The Bobcats look very very confident.

RPF2666
11-22-2008, 10:23 AM
No question...you could almost feel the confidence oozing up into the stands!

Big MO has come to Celina for the second season...

MN95
11-22-2008, 10:56 AM
We certainly looked impressive in the first half last night. It seems like we are peaking at the right time. In our losses, turnovers and an inability to throw the ball downfield hurt us. Against a good Argyle team in the district finale, and the first two playoff games, that has not been an issue.

However, to keep a little perspective, Argyle went out in round two last night, and how good were VA and Kennedale compared with teams we will play down the road? A little more cold water: we now have two starting O linemen out for the season with injuries and Charley is still not contributing. Those things didn't matter last night, but could be factors against better teams. One game at a time boys.............

coachkiss
11-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Buchanan's backup filled in admirably last night. The problem becomes that he is also in the defensive tackle rotation, which means that each DT will have to play more snaps.

Charley wasn't needed last night. He may n ot be needed next week - we won't know until the game gets underway. I hope he gets better soon. Not because of selfish reasons on my part, but because that kid deserves to play one healthy game this season. He has poured a lot of himself into this game, and it seems to not be paying him back this season so far.

bobcat1
11-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Buchanan's backup filled in admirably last night. The problem becomes that he is also in the defensive tackle rotation, which means that each DT will have to play more snaps.

Charley wasn't needed last night. He may n ot be needed next week - we won't know until the game gets underway. I hope he gets better soon. Not because of selfish reasons on my part, but because that kid deserves to play one healthy game this season. He has poured a lot of himself into this game, and it seems to not be paying him back this season so far.

I agree Whole Heartedly on the Charlie deal. I mean when Troy and Charlie back there we will even be that much better. Troy has took this team on his shoulders admirably and the entire offense is really clicking. You throw a healthy Charlie Waldrip in and we get even better. As MN 95 said as we go deeper it gets tougher. Can we? We shall see week by week. Keep driving Bus Driver! I am with you.

gatordaze
11-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by MN95
We certainly looked impressive in the first half last night. It seems like we are peaking at the right time. In our losses, turnovers and an inability to throw the ball downfield hurt us. Against a good Argyle team in the district finale, and the first two playoff games, that has not been an issue.

However, to keep a little perspective, Argyle went out in round two last night, and how good were VA and Kennedale compared with teams we will play down the road? A little more cold water: we now have two starting O linemen out for the season with injuries and Charley is still not contributing. Those things didn't matter last night, but could be factors against better teams. One game at a time boys.............

Don't count out Braden. Heard this morning that he may have just popped an already loose MCL. We will know soon and he may be good to go.

How bout that passing game? 15-15 with 3 different QB's! Coach also complimented the Newman kid.

MN95
11-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Don't count out Braden. Heard this morning that he may have just popped an already loose MCL. We will know soon and he may be good to go.

How bout that passing game? 15-15 with 3 different QB's! Coach also complimented the Newman kid.

Who is this Newman kid? Must get his athletic ability from his mom's side of the family.:D

OrangeChamps
11-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Now that was Celina Football! The Boys have officially risen up and started playing like Bobcats do this time of year. Way to go guys, KEEP IT UP!!

bobcat1
11-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze

When Brady stood that kid up and took him over backwards I saw a monster in the making. Just a sophomore too right?

MN95
11-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
When Brady stood that kid up and took him over backwards I saw a monster in the making. Just a sophomore too right?

yes, but I sometimes wonder if I will allow him to live to see his junior year.

dogdad
11-22-2008, 05:00 PM
when you get to Royse City, try eating at Wingdingers.....wings, burger, steaks, sports bar......its on the same side of the hwy as the stadium, and 1 mile west.....if you prefer BBQ, try Soulman's

I'm looking forward to this game, should be a good one

d0tc0m
11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
What's the word on Pleasant Grove? What kind of team are they, and what kind of weapons do they have? I can't wait to finally get to see another game. Thanks for the food tip dogdad, looking forward to coming to your guys' place!

bobcat1
11-22-2008, 08:01 PM
yes, but I sometimes wonder if I will allow him to live to see his junior year. Yes you will. Have you ever had anyone tell you what a nice young man he is away from home when people know him and see him that he does not know like me. You can tell he was raised right. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MN95
11-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Yes you will. Have you ever had anyone tell you what a nice young man he is away from home when people know him and see him that he does not know like me. You can tell he was raised right. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

good to hear, thanks for letting me know.

RPF2666
11-22-2008, 09:02 PM

No question, but it's like that every year. Just making a point that the boys (young men, actually) are coming together, and it is great to see...

orange machine
11-23-2008, 05:59 PM
That play by Brady was awsome. Im really impressed with the oline. Back earlier in the year i was not sure the oline had what it took to compete for a title, but i was way wrong those boys have stepped it up and are looking like the oline from last year. Also the coaches deserve alot of praise aswell for keeping the boys together and not letting them fall.

gobbler grad
11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Bobcats on a roll...offense is just hitting on all cylinders right now...:) win by at least 21 points...:thinking:

OrangeChamps
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't know if Celina is 21 points better, but I do appreciate the confidence. If Celina plays like they did this past week, should be a fun game for the Bobcats.

bobcat1
11-23-2008, 06:56 PM
What kind of Offense do they run?

orange machine
11-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Spread

orange machine
11-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Sounds like to me PG is on the same level as Argyle. Atleast that is the team that sounds the closet as far as talent.

bobcat1
11-23-2008, 07:13 PM
That is what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Buckeye80
11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Enjoy Reg II minus Gilmer Bobcats? :D

Fletch
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Enjoy Reg II minus Gilmer Bobcats? :D
Haven't seen them in the State championship game lately. Are they 2A?:D

alaskacat
11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Last friday, the varsity was gone at half time. Mostly subs even JV players in the 2nd half looked like, and still they moved the ball, but gave some on D.

If they get past Pleasant grove the next week will be easier with the winner of Kaufman/New Boston. Those districts are usually terrible.
If everyone stays healthy, and Charlie gets back in the rotation, it could very well be a collision course with LH....I can hardly contain myself:)

But there are still a ton of ifs yet, but two ifs are gone so far with 3 to go.

Buckeye80
11-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
If they get past Pleasant grove the next week will be easier with the winner of Kaufman/New Boston. Those districts are usually terrible.

Yeah they usually are horrible! The state champion in 06, Liberty Eylau, came out of the same district New Boston is in, but the district is usually not worth mentioning. I mean, 03 Atlanta came out of that district, but the district usually stinks it up. 02 Daingerfield played in that district as well, but I mean, Celina can't be stopped by backwood East Texas teams can they?

kepdawg
11-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Yeah they usually are horrible! The state champion in 06, Liberty Eylau, came out of the same district New Boston is in, but the district is usually not worth mentioning. I mean, 03 Atlanta came out of that district, but the district usually stinks it up. 02 Daingerfield played in that district as well, but I mean, Celina can't be stopped by backwood East Texas teams can they?

Nope! Celina is unstoppable against East Texas schools!

loyalleopard
11-23-2008, 11:23 PM
If I recall, those "backwoods" leopards took a "ring" from those Buckeyes in 06. It wasn't a fluke, we just had the best team, not necessarily the best athletes. But that was then, this is now. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

d0tc0m
11-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Gilmer's facing a head-on-collision with WOS this week, who is in my opinion, the best all around 3A team. I sure wish I could see the Celina game and then the Gilmer/WOS game. What a great week(end) of football we have coming up!

BobcatBenny
11-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Caution, Caution Celina Fans!

You better not think your Bobcats stand a chance to win any game.

I mean who do you think you are rooting for? A defending state champion team or something? Get real! The Bobcats will never win a 3A championship! Much less even make it to a championship game.

Who do you think you are fans of? The nerve of all of you Celina fans!!!

bobcat1
11-24-2008, 06:57 AM
To all my bobcat poster friends. In the playoffs all teams are good or they would not be here. It is time to sit quietly on the bus until gametime and then let it out at the game. Drive on bus driver!

MN95
11-24-2008, 07:53 AM

I believe New Boston beat PG, so not sure how the next week would be easier. One game at a time..........

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2008, 08:28 AM
After further review, the game at Kennedale should have been called off. Obviously they were no match for those east texas teams and should not have been allowed to play us. At least that is what some of our brethren would have us believe. On my part, I believe that Kennedale had a top 10 offense that got stuffed. Some would say they were minus their best back. But I do not think he was the cause of the skunking in the first half. That was a defensive ball club playing well. I do not think we will meet another offense that good till the semi's and that is of course assuming we make it there. I agree with Bobcat1. One game at a time. Let's see if the boys can come out with that kind of effort against a solid Pleasant Grove team.

OrangeChamps
11-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I was talking with a few of the boys yesterday and it seems that PG runs the ball a considerable amount out of the spread. They have a solid qb and rb who both are threats. Didn't hear much about their passing game, but would assume they use it when needed and to mix it up like Kennedale. Defense is good, not spectactular.

icu812
11-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I believe New Boston beat PG, so not sure how the next week would be easier. One game at a time..........

Nice to see someone making sense. That comment about 16-3A was uninformed. LE and Atlanta are in that district and didn't make the playoffs. We know what those teams have done in the recent past. Pitt, NB and PG are all solid teams. The other team from this district is Mt. Vernon and they beat a good Winnsboro team that is still playing. Top to bottom a solid district.

That said I think Celina makes it through this region.

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by icu812
Nice to see someone making sense. That comment about 16-3A was uninformed. LE and Atlanta are in that district and didn't make the playoffs. We know what those teams have done in the recent past. Pitt, NB and PG are all solid teams. The other team from this district is Mt. Vernon and they beat a good Winnsboro team that is still playing. Top to bottom a solid district.

That said I think Celina makes it through this region.

Atlanta has not done anything since 03. LE was good once in the span since. I think what was meant is that usually the top team is good but the bottom is bad and the spread in the district is fairly large. Usually the number 2 and 3 teams are not so hot. That is not meant as a criticism. Just an observation.

BobcatBenny
11-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Win or lose, I am proud of this year's Bobcat team and coaching staff. They have played well beyond my expectations for them and have shown they have the hearts of champions.

I feel like they keep winning, but you neva know.

Play hard. Play smart. We believe.

alaskacat
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Well maybe I missed the mark with 16 3A, there is usually the district champ that is good, in the other district which is or used to be Kemp, Quinlan, wills Point, Kaufman, commerce, Bonham they have been 1 and done for many years. I used to live in Quinlan and saw most of it first hand.

Weak has been a tradition of that district unless you go back maybe 30 years.

CHS_89
11-24-2008, 12:41 PM
All teams at this point are in the playoffs because they have something in my op. We need to focus on PG and not worry about who has the weakest schedule, region, or team current or past. Lets get past PG first and then work on who we play next. It's the playoffs..anything can happen at this point. With that said, good luck to all teams in the playoffs. Go Bobcats!!

Fletch
11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
I was talking with a few of the boys yesterday and it seems that PG runs the ball a considerable amount out of the spread. They have a solid qb and rb who both are threats. Didn't hear much about their passing game, but would assume they use it when needed and to mix it up like Kennedale. Defense is good, not spectactular.

Sounds like.......................... Daingerfield.

:confused:

ronwx5x
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Fletch

Sounds like............................90% of 3A teams. Not many great "passing" teams still in the playoffs.

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Sounds like............................90% of 3A teams. Not many great "passing" teams still in the playoffs.

Hey we are still there. 15 for 15 by 3 different people with Cody 9 for 9 and 193 yards.
Now that's darn good.

BobcatBenny
11-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Celina's passing game looked great on Friday.

As a matter of fact, it was what you would call ... Perfect! ;)

My brother and I sat in the stands with our jaws agape at how efficient the Celina passing game was against, Kennedale. He nor I had never seen a passing game executed so flawlessly. At any level.

d0tc0m
11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Sure is good to hear our passing game has come alive. Sounds like Cody took all his nonbelievers' comments personal and has improved his game drastically. That is going to take so much pressure off Troy and Charlie and help us out a lot down the road!

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Sure is good to hear our passing game has come alive. Sounds like Cody took all his nonbelievers' comments personal and has improved his game drastically. That is going to take so much pressure off Troy and Charlie and help us out a lot down the road!

That is what I loved about that game. it gave so many people so much to worry about. The throws were crisp and on target and nothing was dropped. I have never seen a better display and these throws were all over the place with some downfield and some outs. Not just cheesy 3 yard over the middle or shuttle pass plays.

d0tc0m
11-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Man if we can keep that up, and then factor in the ground game we bring to the table, we could give some teams fits down the road! I can't wait until Friday! One more class for me today then I'll be heading back to Texas!

mnlavey
11-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I really commend Cody for significantly stepping up his game since we lost to Prosper (and that loss was a team effort). He is throwing much better, pulling it down when there is nothing there and overall making very good decisions. Keep it up!

coachkiss
11-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Here are the two biggest differences with Cody...

1. Give him passes he can complete with a high percentage

2. Not forcing balls into coverage.

Many of his early interceptions were bad decisions on his part. He has learned to tuck and run.

I guess it is my job to come in and tap the brakes a little bit...

1. Kennedale was the worst tackling team we have played this season.
2. Their corners played very soft, allowing us to throw on air most of the time.
3. It snowballed on them early.

I still think we will win the region. However, we will play a game again soon that will have some turnovers on our part, and the other team will gain the early momentum (Prosper game). That is when we can see what we've got and how much we have improved. In other words, Kennedale was not a "measuring stick" type of game.

Some of you guys sound like those old Saturday Night Live skits where you are taking Ditka over the Hurricane.

I can see it now...

RPF2666
11-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I agree completely...Cody and any number of others have stepped up. Keep it going...MEN....

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Many of his early interceptions were bad decisions on his part. He has learned to tuck and run.

2. Their corners played very soft, allowing us to throw on air most of the time.

I still think we will win the region. However, we will play a game again soon that will have some turnovers on our part, and the other team will gain the early momentum (Prosper game). That is when we can see what we've got and how much we have improved. In other words, Kennedale was not a "measuring stick" type of game.

Some of you guys sound like those old Saturday Night Live skits where you are taking Ditka over the Hurricane.

I can see it now...

They were playing soft and not good at all. What was great about that game was the D stuffing a top ranked o. Wingfield was not the only running back they have and their line was good.
And they scored the big goose egg. But have to be fair the guys.
I do not care how bad the d was perfect is perfect. They hit their targets and the guys on the other end caught the ball.

bobcat1
11-24-2008, 04:56 PM

I can see it now... The measuring stick is 2 weeks away.:cool:

BobcatBenny
11-24-2008, 04:57 PM
The measuring stick is 2 weeks away.:cool:
Sit down bus driver! :D

d0tc0m
11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
There are no measuring sticks in the playoffs, only haves and have nots. Either you win or you lose. Kennedale may have played soft, but it's not like they didn't put any kids out there on defense. I'll take 15-15 against anyone. Pleasant Grove will pose a new challenge that I'm certain Butch and the Boys will be ready for. Do I know the outcome? No, obviously not, but the bobcats are going to be ready. So tap the breaks if you want coachkiss, but I look for the Bobcats to go ahead and put the hammer down and head full steam into the coming weeks.

bobcat1
11-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Sit down bus driver! :D No! I bought that ticket and am along for the ride.:D

OrangeChamps
11-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Fletch

I hope so. We still lost the game, but I would be very confident heading into that game again.

Everyone is talking about how much better Cody is doing, how good his decisions are, and how crisp his passes have been. He is doing all of that, but I believe Cody has been that good all along. The difference in Cody is his confidence. Cody believes in himself now and he realizes everyone else believes in him. During the Prosper game, everyone on the east side of the stadium (including myself) KNEW Cody was not suitable as quarterback of this team. The result...Celina took their worst beating since Gainesville 5 years ago. Slowly people and teammates have started believing in him and the result is phenomenal. He has become the leader of this team and I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the state.

charlesrixey
11-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Last friday, the varsity was gone at half time. Mostly subs even JV players in the 2nd half looked like, and still they moved the ball, but gave some on D.

If everyone stays healthy, and Charlie gets back in the rotation, it could very well be a collision course with LH....I can hardly contain myself:)

But there are still a ton of ifs yet, but two ifs are gone so far with 3 to go.

well, since new boston beat PG 27-13, i would imagine they will be just as tough

New Boston and Pittsburg both finished ahead of Pleasant Grove--not many people know it, however since before the New Boston game PG was 8-0 and ranked in the top ten in the state

after the upset, no one paid any more attention to 16-3A

BobcatBenny
11-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
well, since new boston beat PG 27-13, i would imagine they will be just as tough

New Boston and Pittsburg both finished ahead of Pleasant Grove--not many people know it, however since before the New Boston game PG was 8-0 and ranked in the top ten in the state

after the upset, no one paid any more attention to 16-3A
Rixey,
Quit back peddling. You're a Celina fan. Its OK for you to have an opinion too.

If you are wrong then you will have to eat the crow you deserve. LOL

charlesrixey
11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Rixey,
Quit back peddling. You're a Celina fan. Its OK for you to have an opinion too.

If you are wrong then you will have to eat the crow you deserve. LOL

let not your heart be troubled :)

we will be just fine, vs. any of the 3 teams remaining in RII

Celina will be in the semifinals (i predicted as much in my bracket, anyway)

i'm not going to go beyond that, though
:cool:

i was just pointing out that New Boston is just as likely to give us trouble as Pleasant Grove:1popcorn:

KingRob
11-25-2008, 04:17 AM
I'm going with Celina on this one.

Celina - 41
Pleasant Grove - 28

Good Luck to both teams!

Twirling Time
11-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Weather forecast calls for rain all day Friday. Advantage Celina?

BILLYFRED0000
11-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Weather forecast calls for rain all day Friday. Advantage Celina?

Yes. We have sufficient team speed to pursue on D and are a good ground pounding team on O. We also have a good short passing game as well as a downfield game. And our coverage teams and kickers are very good.

BobcatBenny
11-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I do not like it when the Bobcats play in bad weather.

bobcat1
11-25-2008, 02:28 PM
I do not like it when the Bobcats play in bad weather. That's just because your old arse gets wet and cold.:D

orange machine
11-25-2008, 02:44 PM
40% chance of scattered tunderstorms. Hopfully it will scatter around us and we can play without the rain.

d0tc0m
11-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe it'll clear up between now and kickoff. I'm finally getting to head home for Turkey Day and some great football! Texas here I come!

BILLYFRED0000
11-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Maybe it'll clear up between now and kickoff. I'm finally getting to head home for Turkey Day and some great football! Texas here I come!

Be careful coming home and be there early on Friday for some fun.

BobcatBenny
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
That's just because your old arse gets wet and cold.:D
You also forget how the wind blows through the cleavage of my man breasts. :(

BILLYFRED0000
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM

I told you about those new fangled push-up bras right?

BobcatBenny
11-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I told you about those new fangled push-up bras right?
Yeah, I know, I know. But without them, I start to sing that song by GARTH, "I've Got Friends in Low Places!" :doh:

orange machine
11-25-2008, 04:48 PM

Ok i just threw up in my mouth. Thats freakin sick and i hope you never say anythng like that again.:tisk:

bobcat1
11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I know, I know. But without them, I start to sing that song by GARTH, "I've Got Friends in Low Places!" :doh: At least you can warm the tips in your coffee sitting in your lap, right?;)

Txbroadcaster
11-25-2008, 04:57 PM
I see Celina jumping out to a 14-0 nothing lead then holding on till the 4thQ and then stretching them out

something like 35-21

PG has some speed, but not a real fast East Texas team( last year Glen Rose was able to contain their speed)

PG has some solid talent but nothing really stands out.

BobcatBenny
11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
At least you can warm the tips in your coffee sitting in your lap, right?;)
My tips dipped in coffee say, Celina by 21. :eek:

charlesrixey
11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
if our defense continues to play the way it did last week, then no team left in region 2 will score more than twice on our first team

BobcatBenny
11-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
if our defense continues to play the way it did last week, then no team left in region 2 will score more than twice on our first team
You are da man! :clap:

RPF2666
11-25-2008, 06:45 PM
If we play team defense like that, against ANY one dimensional team, we will compete admirably:p

orange machine
11-26-2008, 02:15 AM
cool stat for the Bobcats. Since our last lose to Prosper the Bobcats have turned things around pretty good. In the last 5 games we are averaging 48 points a game and giving up 13 points a game beating teams by a average of 35 points. We have come alive.

bobcat1
11-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
cool stat for the Bobcats. Since our last lose to Prosper the Bobcats have turned things around pretty good. In the last 5 games we are averaging 48 points a game and giving up 13 points a game beating teams by a average of 35 points. We have come alive. Yes and I will tap the brakes as Coachkiss says. Our competition dropped off after Prosper and is increasing each week we advance. Stay locked in.

RPF2666
11-26-2008, 07:37 AM
Take 'em one at a time, and play who is on your schedule, that's all that you can do.

As the season progresses, the Prosper game is becoming more and more an 'outlier' game. They played great and deserved to win that night. I for one hope they keep winning, as well as Dangerfield. Makes those losses against good team not sting quite so badly.

orange machine
11-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Looks like the weather is starting to look better for the game friday. 30% chance of scatter showers now instead of 50% early friday morning clearing by the afternoon.:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
11-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah I don't start believing the weather man till I can stick my head out the window and look for myself. Main reason this man made global warming stuff is for the birds. 3 days out and we are still changing the model for the same day same time frame.

kepdawg
11-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Looking more and more like rain is likely. Hopefully it's not too bad!

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Looking more and more like rain is likely. Hopefully it's not too bad!

It rained just a little in Sweetwater today. Just enough to make
the ground wet. I don't know what the forecast for tomorrow's
game between Monahans and Bridgeport is though.

kepdawg
11-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It rained just a little in Sweetwater today. Just enough to make
the ground wet. I don't know what the forecast for tomorrow's
game between Monahans and Bridgeport is though.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57. North northwest wind around 5 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north.

RPF2666
11-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah I don't start believing the weather man till I can stick my head out the window and look for myself. Main reason this man made global warming stuff is for the birds. 3 days out and we are still changing the model for the same day same time frame.

I wonder if BillyFred has stuck his head out the window yet?

Forcast looks like bring your ORANGE poncho!

mr.leopard man
11-28-2008, 01:39 PM
anyone able to provide updates for this game? or is it on the radio anywhere? not sure if pleasant grove has a radio broadcast?

charlesrixey
11-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
anyone able to provide updates for this game? or is it on the radio anywhere? not sure if pleasant grove has a radio broadcast?

i will be doing play by play if tsrnsports gets their act together

of course, if they do, you can just listen to it anyway!

we are working on that issue right now!

mr.leopard man
11-28-2008, 02:16 PM
thanks listening to it now