PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever noticed…

Runnin Panther
11-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Have you ever noticed how much quieter the board gets when game day finally rolls around. I think it’s because everyone starts reflecting about all the smack they’ve laid out there that week and begin worrying about 16-18 year old boys backing up all the stuff they have said. :thinking: Then after your team wins you’re all fired up and ready to go again. :devil:

What do you think?

garciap77
11-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Have you ever noticed how much quieter the board gets when game day finally rolls around. I think it’s because everyone starts reflecting about all the smack they’ve laid out there that week and begin worrying about 16-18 year old boys backing up all the stuff they have said. :thinking: Then after your team wins you’re all fired up and ready to go again. :devil:

What do you think?

:D

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2008, 01:05 PM

What do you think?

I think it is more that people are doing their normal gameday routine to get what work done and take care of anything else so they can leave asap

Especially play-offs were both teams are on the road

firstcat
11-21-2008, 01:08 PM
It seems to me that there has been a whole lot less smack talk overall this season. Maybe it is because of the reallignment and more of the "unknown" factor of teams we've played.
HOWEVER, I feel that when this week is done, and it is LH vs. Sweetwater, there just might be a little more activity on the board!:stirpot:

garciap77
11-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
It seems to me that there has been a whole lot less smack talk overall this season. Maybe it is because of the reallignment and more of the "unknown" factor of teams we've played.
HOWEVER, I feel that when this week is done, and it is LH vs. Sweetwater, there just might be a little more activity on the board!:stirpot:

:iagree:

Texasfootball2
11-21-2008, 01:13 PM
We are going to kick the ever lovin CRAP out of Simenole tomarrow night. This will be an absolute flawg'in from start to finish. We will kick their butt so bad they will have to unbutton their collars to deficate. How's that for some smack talk. :D But :hand: for us, it's still the day before:thumbsup: Good luck tonight everyone.

garciap77
11-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
We are going to kick the ever lovin CRAP out of Simenole tomarrow night. This will be an absolute flawg'in from start to finish. We will kick their butt so bad they will have to unbutton their collars to deficate. How's that for some smack talk. :D But :hand: for us, it's still the day before:thumbsup: Good luck tonight everyone.

If we play like we did last week it will be a long ride back home!:(

Texasfootball2
11-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
If we play like we did last week it will be a long ride back home!:(
163 miles to my driveway to be excact, but if we play well.......................refer to my previous post.:2thumbsup

ProudHornetMom
11-21-2008, 01:37 PM
For me it's easy. I ate crow earlier in the year and didn't like the taste. I buck up occassionally but once I realized that most on this board are just good ole fans who appreciate football and support their teams and MOST of time it is just smack, I no longer feel a need to bash back. I do reserve the right to bash/smack if needed though...;)

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Some folks (who shall remain nameless :D ) have not only talked smack with their opponent but also opponents they may never get the chance to play. :eek: :eek: :D

OldBison75
11-21-2008, 01:45 PM
We don't talk smack on Friday's(or game days) because we have all been cheating on our bosses all week to be on the board and not doing our work. The Friday afternoon staff meetings and deadlines must be met you know. Plus, you have to get the car gassed up, make sure all your lucky underwear are clean, find those socks you have worn to every winning game for 4 years, etc.

In reality, we probably settle down a little to think about the whole week, what we have read , what we have written, and each of us remember what it feels like to be wrong and how good it feels to be right. A good poster then quietly goes to his own safe place and prays that when the game is over, he can have that good feeling and if not, have his tastebuds treated to enjoy the taste of quick fried crow.

Hope everybody has a great game to watch tonight and to the half of you that come out on the winning side--CONGRATULATIONS!

nobogey72
11-21-2008, 01:49 PM
It's hard to talk smack when there's no one to talk smack to. Seminole hasn't found this website yet. So I guess I can just talk smack to my wife. Her meatloaf tastes like dog food. It's horrible. :cool:

Ranger Mom
11-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It's hard to talk smack when there's no one to talk smack to. Seminole hasn't found this website yet. So I guess I can just talk smack to my wife. Her meatloaf tastes like dog food. It's horrible. :cool:

Uh huh!! Navajo Joe found it!!!!

Seminole is the real deal (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=1167581#post1167581)

pirate4state
11-21-2008, 02:35 PM
So far we haven't had anyone to talk smack to! I mean there was Ingleside, but I think they knew what was coming and didn't want to eat too much crow! 3 TDs baby! :eek: :D

Anyway....

If Sinton is lucky enough to pull out another win this week and Bellville can win their game....there will be plenty to talk about next week!!! :cool: :D

Bullaholic
11-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Talking smack is a lot like a trip to Vegas---the most anyone can stand is 2-3 days. :D

Bullaholic
11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Some folks (who shall remain nameless :D ) have not only talked smack with their opponent but also opponents they may never get the chance to play. :eek: :eek: :D

IF the right matchup happens--everyone on the board is going to need hip boots and an extra keyboard plus admin is going to have to buy some additional bandwidth. :D

IHStangFan
11-21-2008, 03:21 PM
LOL.....I think you are absolutely right!!........about the second guessing their trash talk part.... :D

3afan
11-21-2008, 03:32 PM
.......I think it’s because everyone starts reflecting about all the smack they’ve laid out there that week and begin worrying about 16-18 year old boys backing up all the stuff they have said. ...

I doubt very seriously its THAT

bp80884
11-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, if it is done in fun, no harm no foul!

Good luck to all teams other than Burkburnett!

Go Cougars!