PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars

Gobbla2001
11-21-2008, 07:40 AM
anyone watch this show? it's pretty exciting, and I find myself rooting for the whalers...

Trashman
11-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Going to get slapped around for this but here goes. Save the whales, hapoon a fat chick.

Diocletian
11-22-2008, 12:15 AM
I watched it with my son. We couldn't figure out why they were throwing acid onboard the Whaler ships. I wouldn't guess they were lighting those bottles.

It was funny today, they showed the Japan ship taking 2 hostages.

Gobbla2001
11-22-2008, 12:50 AM
seriously... what those guys are doing is piracy, right?

we go fishing a lot out in the bay here... sometimes taking two boats... we're seriously considering filming "Redfish Wars" and posting it on YouTube...

turbostud
11-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt.

turbostud
11-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
seriously... what those guys are doing is piracy, right?

we go fishing a lot out in the bay here... sometimes taking two boats... we're seriously considering filming "Redfish Wars" and posting it on YouTube...
Its not piracy because the guys who boarded the Japanese ship are from a flagged vessel. To be considered piracy the vessel they came from must be a nationless(unflagged) vessel. Thats why pirate ships fly the Jolly Roger. The Sea Sheppard is flying the Jolly Roger but its not on their main mast which is where their identifying flag will be flown. I think they are flying the Jolly Roger to look cool as most people to these days.
IMO they are lucky they werent shot. I have been on many boardings when I was in the Coast Guard and what these treehuggers are doing is very dangerous.

Trashman
11-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
I watched it with my son. We couldn't figure out why they were throwing acid onboard the Whaler ships. I wouldn't guess they were lighting those bottles.

It was funny today, they showed the Japan ship taking 2 hostages.
Sounds interesting what channel/network is it on?

turbostud
11-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Sounds interesting what channel/network is it on?
Animal Planet

Trashman
11-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Saw this for the firt time tonight! What a bunch of loons! I found myself cheering for the whalers. I would hate to see anyone hurt, but these poor stupid people deserve what ever they get! Great show I have set my DVR.

lakers
11-24-2008, 08:10 PM
I just finished reading In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex and I have a new since of respect for the sailors and what they go through. If you are not fimilar with this story, it is the story that inspired the book Moby Dick.

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Count me in as cheering for the whalers. These protestors are going to be very lucky to survive. After this season was filmed I am sure there will be additional vessels brought out by the whalers to deter the loons.

With so many ways that these environmentalists could make immediate change in the world today, they instead pick a dramatic documentary to make money. Why I am not surprised?