PDA

View Full Version : Question

Necks_Fan
11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Do you still live where you grew up?

Just wondering how many people have supported the same team for a LONG time.

STAggie
11-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Yup, graduated, went to A&M for 4 years, graduated, married my high school sweetheart and moved back so she could teach kindergarten.

Pick6
11-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

You don't have to live in your home town to support your home town team.

Old Green
11-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Been Back in Cuero since December 1985 after bouncing around the country for awhile.

HM33
11-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Not at this moment, but I will be back where I grew up in May.

Phantom Stang
11-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
You don't have to live in your home town to support your home town team.
That's me. I've lived in the metroplex for more years than a lot of posters on here have been alive, and still support the Sweetwater Mustangs!!:clap: :clap:

I also proudly support my current home team, the Haltom Buffalos.:cool:

roughneck_2008
11-20-2008, 05:56 PM
i still support my home team, but dont live there because of college, maybe one day i will go back and coach there

Necks_Fan
11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
You don't have to live in your home town to support your home town team. Let me re-phrase. I"m trying to figure how many people still go see their HS team play every week because thye still live in town.

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Moved back to Sinton in '01 after living in the metroplex for almost 10 years. :( LOL

I moved back the year we made our run to state so I was hooked immediately!

Imagine all the good games I missed while living in the metroplex because I wasn't a HS football nut in my 20s. :devil: :D

CHS_89
11-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes. Went K-12 at Celina. Then went to Midwestern State and finished up at the University of North Texas, then got married and still live in Celina.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Yes. Went K-12 at Celina. Then went to Midwestern State and finished up at the University of North Texas, then got married and still live in Celina.

And here I am thinking the "CHS" in your name stood for Channelview High School.

CHS_89
11-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
And here I am thinking the "CHS" in your name stood for Channelview High School.

I thought we cleared this up earlier Wimpy, lol. Go Channellview Channel Cats!!!!! BTW, nice song on the other thread! You were too nice.:)

wimbo_pro
11-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
I thought we cleared this up earlier Wimpy, lol. Go Channellview Channel Cats!!!!! BTW, nice song on the other thread! You were too nice.:)

Thanks. I do what I can to slam the vocal newbies without out-right destroying them.

Trashman
11-20-2008, 09:34 PM

Grew up a Mason Puncher, went to college at Howard Payne, Kids went to Early and Brownwood, 2 are still in Brownwood Schools. So I follow a lot of teams. Since Browwood and Early are out of the playoffs I have been following Mason.

Go Punchers beat Bruni!:D

BreckTxLonghorn
11-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Grew up a Mason Puncher, went to college at Howard Payne, Kids went to Early and Brownwood, 2 are still in Brownwood Schools. So I follow a lot of teams. Since Browwood and Early are out of the playoffs I have been following Mason.

Go Punchers beat Bruni!:D

Always wanted to check out a game at the Puncherdome...

nobogey72
11-21-2008, 02:18 PM
I have lived my whole life in Abilene, however, as I understand it, I was conceived in Las Vegas.:)

Ranger Mom
11-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I have lived my whole life in Abilene, however, as I understand it, I was conceived in Las Vegas.:)

I have lived in Abilene twice...I liked it!!

I would NEVER wanna go back and live in Coahoma!! It's alright to visit...but can you say B-O-R-I-N-G???

exbull
11-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Yep, I live about two blocks from the house that I grew up in. Only left for a couple of years (ok three semesters) to attend Tarleton State University.

Trashman
11-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Always wanted to check out a game at the Puncherdome...

The puncher dome is a great place to play and to watch a game.:D It's only negative is that it is very small. Very few if any playoff games played here.:(

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/151.jpg

Lion_Addict
11-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I was born here in the WOOD the last year the old hospital was up & running......'68. Lived all over the west coast (San Diego, Long Beach, San Francisco, Seattle, Alaska) up till I was 5, cuz my sperm donor was in the Navy. Lived a few other places in Texas...Waco, Ft Worth, Lubbock, but been back pretty much ever since.

RedWhiteBlue
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I lived in the same town until I graduated High School. My mom and brothers still live there and it makes it easy for me to still pay homeage to that place. My problem is.... I have lived several different places since graduating HS and still a homer to all of them. I still follow their games and will go whenever I can make them.

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Grew up in Marshall since leaving HS I have lived in

Shreveport
Dallas
Arlington
Carthage
Tyler
Commerce
Forney
Rusk

so in the 15 years since leaving HS I have lived in 8 different towns and had ten moves( twice back to MArshall for short times)

Keystonepride
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
nope

thatboiwes
11-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I grew up in Gilmer. All but 2 years of my schooling came from Gilmer. The other 2 years was during Jr. High when I moved to Bountiful, Utah (right outside of Salt Lake City) with my Mom.

Once I graduated high school I moved to Tyler. Stayed for about 6 months and moved to Longview. Stayed there for about 2 months then moved back home. Stayed there for a few months then moved back to Tyler where I have been ever since.

I really like Tyler but my wife is dying to move back to Gilmer, which I don't care to do, even though that is where most of our immediate family lives. Tyler just has so much more to offer than little ole' Gilmer.

44INAROW
11-25-2008, 10:02 AM

yes I do........:)