PDA

View Full Version : Stadiums

kepdawg
11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm sure the topic of stadiums has been discussed numerous times before. It always interest me when people talk about certain stadiums as being so much nicer/better than others. I have never been too picky when it comes to stadiums. If I have a seat and can see the game I am happy (actually the seat isn't even a big deal if there is a nice place for me to stand). Short lines at the restrooms are nice too but standing in line for a couple of minutes is no big deal to me. I often hear complaints about parking regarding some stadiums but rarely have I experienced parking issues. Yes, I have had to walk a little ways some times and have had to wait a little while getting out some times. All in all I am there to watch the game and as long as I am able to do so I don't really care about everything else.

What are some of the things that make or break a stadium for you?

OrangeChamps
11-20-2008, 03:04 PM
A good fence to lean up against, everything else is just a bonus.

3afan
11-20-2008, 03:05 PM
NO TRACK is the key for me ......

Pick6
11-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
NO TRACK is the key for me ......

At Whitesboro the visitors has the track and the long jump in front of the stands. You sit to far from the field.

Ranger Mom
11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Steps that are even in their distance apart.....so people don't slip and fall and slice their nose open and have to hold up the game because the ambulance doesn't know if they are gonna have to take to them to the ER or not!!!:D :D

Necks_Fan
11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, I'm kind of like Kep. As long as I can see the game, I'm usually pretty good.

I don't use the bathroom at stadiums.

I hardly ever get food AT the stadium, because of the mob of people near the concession stand, and if I do, it's before the game.

I like a nice set of bleachers, but really not that big of a deal. ( I really like the bleachers with a bit of leg room.:)

I like for it to be pretty close to the field, but doesn't reall matter because I'm always at the top of the stands.

And a decent parking situation is nice, but I don't mind walking. I usually have to find a close spot for my dad, because he's on oxygen and can't walk too far. But, when he comes we get a handicap spot.

All in all, so long as any of those aern't OVERLY bad, I'm in for a good night. I just want to be in the stadium at gametime.:)

STAggie
11-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Any stadium will do as long as the stands aren't to small. Also, easy access to get to and from your spot is a big plus. Bathrooms don't matter, cause as a guy I can pee anywhere and concessions only have to have good hot chocolate when it gets cold. I really enjoyed Lamar CISD's stadium last Thursday.

ronwx5x
11-20-2008, 04:44 PM
"Hot" hot dogs are a necessity. If they are cold, the home team loses, no matter what the score. Wimberley folks do a good job.

Next is access to the concession stand. Rattler stadium is the pits because they block off the walkway and folks on the south end have to leave the stands and go around.

Need someone to direct traffic after the game so people can get out. Giddings is very good at this.

With all that said, who cares, really, It's High School Football and even if they had no concessions, no stands and no parking, it would still be a great time!!!

:cool:

Ranger Mom
11-20-2008, 04:47 PM
I like the stadiums that have the concession stands at the TOP of the stands, so you don't have to go under the stands and miss something!!

I think Andrews is the only one like that around here.......and I guess where we play in San Angelo!

ronwx5x
11-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I like the stadiums that have the concession stands at the TOP of the stands, so you don't have to go under the stands and miss something!!

I think Andrews is the only one like that around here.......and I guess where we play in San Angelo!

In San Angelo, everything is up!

cshscougar08
11-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I personally hate tracks around the field. Maybe it's because my old high school in SC didn't have a track and I grew up going there. So that's probably why. But I just think it looks better when you don't have a track running around your field. Outside of that I don't mind anything. Just decent bleachers and a nice scoreboard does the trick for me. :D

sahen
11-20-2008, 04:59 PM
i like it when at the top of the stadium (where i always sit) the wall is close enough that i have a back rest....if its not there oh well, but its great when it is....

michaelp23
11-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Anyone seen the stadium in Brady? The track is in front of the home stands but goes BEHIND the visitors stands. The plus to that of course is the visitor's stands are closer to the field, but I bet it's hard to follow the 4 x 100m relay! :D

CHS_89
11-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
A good fence to lean up against, everything else is just a bonus.

You're a fence leaner too? Good to meet ya!!