PDA

View Full Version : Prosper-Alvarado

Balcones fault
11-20-2008, 12:18 PM
What's the buzz on this game? Are there any downlow members from either town?

OrangeChamps
11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
No kidding, haven't heard anything about this game. I would assume Prosper is favored and probably will win, but didn't expect it to be the quiet game of the week.

CHS_89
11-20-2008, 12:29 PM
A friend of mine from Prosper told me the Eagles, although they won, struggled last week. I didn't see the game, only providing info the way it was relayed to me by him.

Prosper should be fine. Their D is good. When their offense is clicking watch out!! I think Prosper rolls into the Quarterfinals then it's gonna get hairy. It would be great to see the 3 teams from 9-3A roll on to the next round. Good luck all.

Balcones fault
11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the info. It must be quite a challenge to keep the kids focused on a goal further out than just beating Celina. I've seen some write ups on the Nix kid but not a whole lot else.

I saw where Gunter made the playoffs also. There's some decent football played in that short stretch of Preston Road/289.

CHS_89
11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
I saw where Gunter made the playoffs also. There's some decent football played in that short stretch of Preston Road/289.

No kidding. Don't forget Pilot Point, Pottsboro, Van Alstyne also.

Nix is a big kid and hard to bring down. Prosper has a darn good defense. Nix can hurt you on the run. Their running back Monroe is another weapon. On that nite, we couldn't stop Prosper, but they sure could stop us. Congrats to them. I hope they go deep into the playoffs, time will tell.