PDA

View Full Version : CFN's Big XII Picks

3afan
11-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Oklahoma 48 … Texas Tech 37
What will happen: It’s Oklahoma at home and with revenge on the brain. Texas Tech is the real deal, but for the first time all season long Harrell will have a few problems under pressure. Meanwhile, the balance of Oklahoma will turn out to be the different. There will be over 800 passing yards, a lot of big plays, and a giant statement made by the sooners
Kansas State 40 … Iowa State 27

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Wow! Are these the only 2 Big XII games this weekend?

WRECK 'EM, TECH!

3afan
11-20-2008, 08:50 AM
I guess - thats all they have picked

jockcity33
11-20-2008, 09:18 AM
This is starting to become somewhat amusing....everyweek Tech plays all we hear about is how Harrell will have to deal with pressure from the opposing defense. And it has not happened yet. The Texas week all anybody could talk about is how many sacks Orakpo and Melton were gonna have against Tech and can anyone tell me exactly how many those two guys had, or Texas as a whole? Tech's O-Line is one of it not the best in the nation. I would love to say that Tech will win this game and I will be rooting hard for them, but OU is a dang good football team. And Tech has had back to back biggest games of their history, and now they have another one, although they did have a week off which should help. Texas had 4 tough games in a row and I had a feeling that would play a roll on the mental part of their game. and I think it did. I am going to go out on a limb and pick Tech to win this game and break OU's home winning streak. Tech 38, OU 35.

3afan
11-20-2008, 09:20 AM
all I can say is thank goodness for the miracle of the DVR!

BTownVBall3
11-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Orakpo and Cosby didn't even play against tech..Maybe that would explain why Orakpo didn't get much pressure.

jockcity33
11-20-2008, 09:27 AM
They both started the game, but did not finish

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Orakpo and Cosby didn't even play against tech..Maybe that would explain why Orakpo didn't get much pressure.
Did you watch the game? Cosby left in the first quarter with an injury; Orakpo went out in the third quarter.

cshscougar08
11-20-2008, 10:07 AM
BOOMER SOONER

RedraideR11
11-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Techs O-Line is quite a site to see in person... They are all 6'7 6'6 and all weigh over 320...MAMMOTHS!!

44 Magnum
11-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah they are big but they hold (tackle) like a son-of-a-gun. I have never seen so much blatant holding from an offensive line without the referee reaching for his flag. The play where Orakpo got hurt, he was being tackled. No Flag! It was a frustrating thing to watch.

3afan
11-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 44 Magnum
Yeah they are big but they hold (tackle) like a son-of-a-gun. I have never seen so much blatant holding from an offensive line without the referee reaching for his flag. The play where Orakpo got hurt, he was being tackled. No Flag! It was a frustrating thing to watch.

they ALL hold ..... TT no more than any other O-line

bigYoe
11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech's Fans are crazy people that back their team up as much as any fans in the nation and to be refereeing a game in Lubbock would be scary even if you were to make 1 bad call. Come on now they stampeded the field twice in the Texas game before the game was even over. Of course if i was officiating i wouldnt want to call a holding penalty in Lubbock. They only had 52,000 fans there and Colt said said it was as loud as any game he's played in yet. I know alot of O Lineman hold but if i was officiating that game i wouldnt want to make any mistakes for fear of being able to get off the field.

eagles_victory
11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 44 Magnum
Yeah they are big but they hold (tackle) like a son-of-a-gun. I have never seen so much blatant holding from an offensive line without the referee reaching for his flag. The play where Orakpo got hurt, he was being tackled. No Flag! It was a frustrating thing to watch. I didnt notice a lot of holding by the Tech o line but that play where Orakpo got hurt he was tackled like you said but nevertheless Tech has a great o line and a great football team but so does Oklahoma were in for a heck of a ball game.

And yes there are only 2 big 12 games this week.

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
all I can say is thank goodness for the miracle of the DVR!
:doh: :doh: I didn't even think about that.

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: I didn't even think about that. Yeah, but just pray that somebody doesn't blow it by telling you the score before you get home to watch it.

Not that this has ever happened to me.:mad: :mad: :mad: :speech:

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah, but just pray that somebody doesn't blow it by telling you the score before you get home to watch it.

Not that this has ever happened to me.:mad: :mad: :mad: :speech:
Well, our game should be over around 7 or so, so as long as I avoid opening a thread on here or turning on the news, I should be okay.

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, our game should be over around 7 or so, so as long as I avoid opening a thread on here or turning on the news, I should be okay. Don't listen to the radio either unless you are certain they won't talk about the game. I've been surprised before and not in a good way.:(

Bigworm
11-20-2008, 09:12 PM
OU needs to barely beat Tech in a low scoring game(highly unlikely) then OU shouldn't jump Texas in the BCS rankings therefore TEXAS will go to the Big 12 National championship then on to the National Championship...... any other predictions?