PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's hard foul

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Looks like Houston is not the only team having trouble with cheap fouls while playing the Suns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXuolMTzuz0

Emerson1
11-19-2008, 06:43 PM
That's what happens when you try to drive on a man double your weight.

At least he didn't throw a punch like KG

zebrablue2
11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
that foul was CS, and he intended to do it. glad the guy was not hurt that bad. shaq's arms go to the floor with the player. way to go S-O...

OldNavy
11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Until you start suspending players for a year of more, that kind of stuff will continue until someone is really hurt or perhaps killed.

I have just about stopped watching pro sports, because they have forgotten what professional should be.

Troybuilt
11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Thats part of basketball. Should never have been ejected. I.ve seen far worse fouls by Lambeer, and the old pistons. What irony.

Emerson1
11-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Rafer Alston needs to be looked at again. First he attacks Steve Nash, then last night he went after Jason Terry.

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
Thats part of basketball. Should never have been ejected. I.ve seen far worse fouls by Lambeer, and the old pistons. What irony.

The game was different then. Robert Parrish, Patrick Ewing,
James Worthy, Moses Malone, Charles Oakley, Larry Johnson,
and other big men would make you pay for driving the lane with
hard fouls. Not just the Pistons.

PVAMU04
11-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
that foul was CS, and he intended to do it. glad the guy was not hurt that bad. shaq's arms go to the floor with the player. way to go S-O...

A CS I didn't see that way ZEBRA Shaq was defending his goal the guy drove the lane and shaq attempt to block the shot I really think the players momentum carried the play to the ground.

3afan
11-20-2008, 10:33 AM
the foul certainly did not look malicious to me ... looked like their arms hit while in midair & it caused Stuckey to semi-flip

a hard foul, sure ......

STAggie
11-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The game was different then. Robert Parrish, Patrick Ewing,
James Worthy, Moses Malone, Charles Oakley, Larry Johnson,
and other big men would make you pay for driving the lane with
hard fouls. Not just the Pistons.

The difference also, was you had perimeter guys who wanted contact in those days. The would drive the lane with fearless abandon so the big men had to make them pay or get torn up all night. Today it seems to me players are scarred of contact and expect every little touch to be a foul. There are a few exceptions, Lebron, DWade, A.I., but for the most part wing players do not want to drive the lane and get the contact.

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Rafer Alston needs to be looked at again. First he attacks Steve Nash, then last night he went after Jason Terry. lol...sure he does. Last night Jason Terry gave Alston a high elbow and Rafer got in his face about it. No big deal.

eagles_victory
11-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Looks like Houston is not the only team having trouble with cheap fouls while playing the Suns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXuolMTzuz0 Come on what does Shaq have to gain by taking Stuckey out right there he tried to block his shot and fouled him and momentum played a role in it. Just a good hard foul no easy lay ups.

LHexPlayer
11-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Good play by Shaq. If the player doesn't like it then don't come into the lane. It's part of basketball.

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Good play by Shaq. If the player doesn't like it then don't come into the lane. It's part of basketball. So is it part of basketball when Shaq starts pushing piles of people down when there is a fight?

Emerson1
11-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
So is it part of basketball when Shaq starts pushing piles of people down when there is a fight?
Are you stupid? When did he say it was a good play to shove a pile of players? That has nothing to do with his hard foul

Big Papa
11-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Rafer Alston needs to be looked at again. First he attacks Steve Nash, then last night he went after Jason Terry.
doesnt even sound like you watched those games

Emerson1
11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
doesnt even sound like you watched those games
And I am sure you did? I have see the clips of the brawl and was watching the game last night. Even the announcers were amazed a technical wasn't called on Alston for going after another player.

LHexPlayer
11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
So is it part of basketball when Shaq starts pushing piles of people down when there is a fight?

Nope, fighting is not part of basketball. Hard fouls are. Shaq did what he had to do. If another guy wants to foul Shaq just as hard then so be it. That is part of the game. That is the risk Shaq runs by commiting such a hard foul. It's kind of like throwing at a player in baseball. You can do it to send a message but you might be opening things up for someone to throw at you. That is part of baseball the same way taking a guy out who is driving hard to the hole in basketball is. It's just part of the game. Basketball is a contact sport.

3afan
11-20-2008, 05:04 PM

what happened in the PHX-Hou deal depends on your view of things

what I saw was Shaq just trying to be a peacemaker and guys happened to go backwards and trip when they were prevented from joining and possibly escalating the melee

http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/box2.gif

eagles_victory
11-20-2008, 05:15 PM
So is it part of basketball when Shaq starts pushing piles of people down when there is a fight? Typical Rockets fan its ok for Mcgrady to come to the aide of his teammate and push someone down but when Shaq comes to the aid of his teammate he is suddenly wrong.

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Typical Rockets fan its ok for Mcgrady to come to the aide of his teammate and push someone down but when Shaq comes to the aid of his teammate he is suddenly wrong. So when McGrady steps in front of his man to try and diffuse the situation and Nash comes flying at him and goes to the floor because McGrady puts his arms up, that's the same as Shaq pushing people over piles? THREE TIMES???:hand:

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Are you stupid? Mama always said stupid is as stupid does.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
what happened in the PHX-Hou deal depends on your view of things

what I saw was Shaq just trying to be a peacemaker and guys happened to go backwards and trip when they were prevented from joining and possibly escalating the melee

http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/box2.gif So Shaq is a peacemaker by pushing guys over piles? Apparently I was watching a completely different Phoenix/Houston game than everyone else. If you want to be a peacemaker, you don't go around pushing guys. Common sense says you try and grab your own guys and pull them away from the situation, not go around pushing the guys from the other team.

Emerson1
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow I didn't even know about Rafer Alston's prior criminal record. So he has a history of being a thug on and off of the court.

He was already restrained by teammates and Nash was on the floor, but he broke free and charged after Nash while he was defenseless.

Bull's-eye
11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
So Shaq is a peacemaker by pushing guys over piles? Apparently I was watching a completely different Phoenix/Houston game than everyone else. If you want to be a peacemaker, you don't go around pushing guys. Common sense says you try and grab your own guys and pull them away from the situation, not go around pushing the guys from the other team.

Exactly right! The NBA ruled on this matter and after reviewing the tapes, this is why Shaq was fined more than McGrady. What would of happened if Artest did the same thing as Shaq? He would of definitely been suspended.

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow I didn't even know about Rafer Alston's prior criminal record. So he has a history of being a thug on and off of the court. :rolleyes:

Emerson1
11-20-2008, 06:45 PM
You would not respond to the second part of that post. Just leave the thread you are making yourself look dumb

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 07:33 PM
You would not respond to the second part of that post. Just leave the thread you are making yourself look dumb First of all I don't consider anybody that charges into a fight "defenseless." Secondly, :taunt: .

jason
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM
http://opentrackracing.com/forum/images/smilies/bart_simpson_mooning.gif to both of you nerds.....

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by jason
http://opentrackracing.com/forum/images/smilies/bart_simpson_mooning.gif to both of you nerds..... This coming from a guy who works on computers?:nerd: :nerd:

;)

jason
11-20-2008, 07:44 PM
This coming from a guy who works on computers?:nerd: :nerd:

;) that makes me a geek....

geeks work on computers....
nerds play world of warcraft on them....

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
justa foul, nothing more, nothing less... if you don't want to see that much contact go watch the NFL :hand:

JasperDog94
11-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by jason
that makes me a geek....

geeks work on computers....
nerds play world of warcraft on them.... Ahhhh...very true.:)

I guess it's a good thing i don't play World of Warcraft then.:D