PDA

View Full Version : 3rd place in 7-3A???

Adidas410s
11-08-2001, 02:18 AM
Bearcat - I saw that you said that the game between Breck and Glen Rose is for 3rd in the district. What is the district's policy for breaking a 3-way tie? Do they just use positive points. Assuming that Springtown beats Eastland, and that Breck upsets Glen Rose, then you would have 3 teams at 3-3. I dont know the score between GR and POJO, but I believe Breck lost to POJO by around 6 or so. My mind must be getting old becuase it was only 1 month ago. Just curious as to what would happen if they do end up w/ a 3-way tie.

tigerfanman
11-08-2001, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure how it works either, but the GR coach told me that Breck needs to beat GR by 14 points to advance, regardless of ST/EL game.
Oh and the score was GR 49-ST 20

abicooper
11-08-2001, 09:07 AM
Here is an article explaining how the 7-3 A playoff scenarios might workout. I copied it from today’s Abilene Report News. Hope this will help.

District 7-3A: If Eastland beats Springtown, Breckenridge can clinch third place with a victory over Glen Rose, which currently is third. If Springtown beats Eastland, Breckenridge must win by 14 or more points to qualify.

[This message has been edited by abicooper (edited November 08, 2001).]

deliriousmaniac
11-08-2001, 10:59 AM
I think both teams are evenly matched, but Glen Rose had trouble last week against Eastland of all teams. With the game being in Breck i'd say Breck by 14.