PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever gone to the wrong stadium?

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I have a feeling that on Friday night at least a few of Denison's fans will show up at Memorial instead of Hanby in Mesquite.

waterboy
11-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I have a feeling that on Friday night at least a few of Denison's fans will show up at Memorial instead of Hanby in Mesquite.
Yeah, but fortunately it's only like 3 or 4 miles up the road.:thinking: So close yet so far.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Didn't go to the wrong stadium, just went to where that team used to play the last time I had gone and found NO stadium...

jason
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
i was gonna go to a game last friday night (pilot point vs boyd) and decided to go to stephenville vs fw dunbar instead...

i found out saturday that the boyd/pp game was actually thursday night, so i would have missed it - it was at justin nw, so im sure there would have been a different game there, i probably wouldnt have realized it though until we got into the stadium...

lostaussie
11-19-2008, 01:53 PM
nope. but got to a playoff game at 3 that i thought started at 4..................but really started at 1:doh:

44INAROW
11-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
nope. but got to a playoff game at 3 that i thought started at 4..................but really started at 1:doh:

lol...... I've had those days...........:doh:

3afan
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
YES - about 10 yrs ago I went to Garland Homer B. Johnson Stadium for a 5A game between Marshall & Hou. Cypress Creek ... when we got there it was a Garland Pee Wee Super Bowl game, so we watched that instead ... not really, we hurried to Garland Williams Stadium & got crappy seats on the 10 yd line, then it rained

tigerchick_2013
11-19-2008, 02:45 PM
A couple of JV parents went to watch son play in B'wood, got to the stadium, called other parents wanting to know where they were sitting because couldn't find them, come to find out they were in Early, TX getting ready to watch a team that had on gold helmets with black uniforms, lol. Them funny JV parents, gotta love 'em.:D

GO TIGERS beat monahans!!!!!!;)

KngKongInDTrunk
11-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Didn't go to the wrong stadium, just went to where that team used to play the last time I had gone and found NO stadium...

Did that in Llano

eagles_victory
11-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
Did that in Llano did kngkong get frustrated about the longer ride?

Texas Cougar
11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
No, but the China Spring website is currently showing directions to the old Aledo ISD Stadium and not Bearcat Stadium. Since you almost pass right by the new stadium, hopefully most can find it.

rholl
11-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Several yrs ago went to College Station to watch Everman and Sinton in state chapionship. Wife had to ride down the next day with another group and they were running extremely late, when they finally got there, she proceeded to tell me they made a wrong turn in Waco and almost made it to Stephenville before they realized they were going wrong way. YIKES!!!! I think the hens were clucking a little too much!!!!!

eagles_victory
11-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Shouldnt this thread be moved to non sports its not really about sports just about stadiums sports happen to be played in. :D

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Shouldnt this thread be moved to non sports its not really about sports just about stadiums sports happen to be played in. :D No

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2008, 12:30 PM
My first year of doing the Hico 6 Man Super Saturday we get to the stadium at 8AM(KO was 11) and waited and waited and waited

around 10 and NO ONE is there and I am beginning to think all the talk about how awesome this event was had truly been BS and I was getting a little pissed

So we go to the store to get something to drink and drive by this place with a TON of cars and alot of people and realized..we had been at old Hico stadium and not the newer one

BMOC
11-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Not the wrong stadium, but when by my boys played here we had a couple of jr. high coaches that went to scout a team for the playoffs, this was right after the time went back one hour. The school vehicle they were in didn't change the clock on the radio so they were in a hurry to get there because they thought they were running late. When they got there, they thought they were at the wrong town and started to panic. They called Sandifer to explain, and he just started laughing. He told them they were in the right town, but He let them figure it out that they were actually 2 hours early.

RanchRadio
11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
No not really, played a joke on this lady that hired my dad to do some free lance broadcasting for KSAM in Hunstville. we had the choice to do Halletsville in Corrigan or Huntsville in katy. We decided to do the katy game. Left around 2 and we got into katy about 4 o'clock and they weren't going to open the gates for another hour and a half, so we went to brookshires to get a cup of coffee, and had some time to kill and called her and said we were in Corrigan. She kinda flipped out, it was a little funny, messed up, but funny.

ivchris
11-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Yes, when my oldest son was in 8th grade, the schedule said Wylie @ Grape Creek. Well, the schedule was changed to Wylie @ Baird.......but guess which schedule I had? :mad:

edited for those that don't know: Grape Creek is 72 SW miles from here, Baird is about 12 east.

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
Did that in Llano
Oh man! Did you go to what used to be the middle stadium? :D

Last year, youngest son had a game in Bastrop. We found out the hard way that they have two stadiums, and missed part of the game. :(

bp80884
11-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes, I did it at a stadium in Round Rock. China spring was playing a playyoff game about 5 years back. What is back is I paid, went in, did not find any of my friends but sat down anyway. I was about 10 minutes from start before I realized the Cougars were not play. I blame it on my wife. she was with me so I blame it on her.

Scrambler
11-20-2008, 09:31 PM
My daughter's jr. high basketball coach drove the bus to the wrong town once! Going south out of Abilene, Hwy 83/84 splits. 83 goes right to Ballinger and 84 goes left to Coleman. Their coach was new to Abilene and wasn't familiar with the roads and went left instead of right at the split. When they arrived in Coleman he realized the mistake and called someone to find out how to get to Ballinger. Needless to say, their game started much later than planned. It was a horrible night for the coach, his parents came to see him coach for the first time, our girls got killed by Ballinger, and someone spilled red koolaid by accident all over the white road jerseys.

Scrambler
11-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Here's another one: My daughter's varsity soccer coach missed the Burkburnett exit north of Wichita Falls and didn't realize it until he saw the sign that said "Welcome to Oklahoma!"

Trashman
11-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Had a basketball game in San Saba. When we got there the JV coach told us that the varsity was on its way to Mason for our game. So we ended up scrimaging the San Saba JV!