PDA

View Full Version : Charges dropped on Chris Parr

Matthew328
11-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Guess all those who had jumped the gun and assumed guilt look a bit sheepish now

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm sure this will open up a HUGE can of worms.

Can't wait for all the opinions on this subject matter..........NOT!

swstangs001
11-19-2008, 12:36 PM
who is chris parr?:confused:

wimbo_pro
11-19-2008, 12:37 PM
How long did he stay in jail?

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Guess all those who had jumped the gun and assumed guilt look a bit sheepish now

Maybe so...maybe not.

Dropping charges doesn't mean he wasn't guilty!!

They might not think they have enough to make it stick....but I don't believe for one second he is completely innocent and NOTHING happened.

Sorry!!

Global Swarming
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Nah, it's just play-off time.

cshscougar08
11-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe so...maybe not.

They might not think they have enough to make it stick....but I don't believe for one second he is completely innocent and NOTHING happened.

Sorry!!

I totally agree with you!!!!!! :D

jason
11-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe so...maybe not.

Sorry!! agreed...
sounds like his mom and dad did a fine job raising 2 upstanding citizens...

DA will not prosecute star La Vega football player

By Tommy Witherspoon | Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 04:07 PM

The McLennan County district attorney’s office will not pursue aggravated robbery charges against Christopher Dantae Parr after the former star running back for La Vega High School passed a polygraph test.

Parr, 17, was accused of robbing a 19-year-old man of his shoes and hat at gunpoint in August in the 5200 block of Concord Road in Bellmead. He was arrested by Bellmead police the day after the robbery was alleged to have occurred.

Parr, who remains free on $35,000 bond, has not played for the Pirates all season and has been attending the alternative school since shortly after his release from jail. He likely will not be eligible to play in La Vega’s second-round playoff game against Tyler Chapel Saturday in Mesquite, said his attorney, Ron Moody.

“We are just glad that the matter got resolved satisfactorily,” Moody said. “I felt all along that my client was not involved in any criminal activity.”

Assistant District Attorney Mark Parker said his office would have had trouble proving a case against Parr.

“His told his version of the events and he passed the polygraph on his version of the events,” Parker said. “That led us to believe that he was probably less culpable than what was originally believed.”

Parker said there will be a follow-up investigation based on information Parr supplied. La Vega coach Willie Williams said he is happy for Parr “as a person, not an athlete.”

“If the kid’s not guilty, I don’t see why we would continue to punish him,” Williams said. “It bothers me not just for him but for any kid that has been labeled. I can’t comment because I really don’t know a whole lot about that situation.”

Parr’s 19-year-old brother, Kourtney Deshawn Parr is serving a seven-year probationary term after pleading guilty in October to engaging in organized crime activity.

The La Vega High School graduate also was ordered to make $7,000 in restitution. He was in a group that broke into the La Vega High School field house last year and stole money that was kept inside a safe from a fund-raiser, officials have said.

Both brothers were star high school athletes.

Tribune-Herald staff writer Chad Conine contributed to this story.

LINK (http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breakingnews/entries/2008/11/18/charges_dropped_against_star_l.html)

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:16 PM
I know polygraph tests aren't 100% accurate (I think the dude on Rob and Big said they're around 95%), but it's enough for me to believe the results...

And Ranger Mom and others, they don't just ask "Did you do this" and you're done with it... I'm sure they asked him "Did you assist in the crime?"... "Did you help cover up the crime" etc... they most-likely covered every possibility in the polygraph test... most stations have to bring in (pay) a polygraph-technician (or whatever they're called)... I doubt they paid the dude/dudette for just a one-and-done session... and if they had one on staff, I'm sure they would have instructed him/her/it to ask more than one question... They covered all of the bases... I'm 95% sure ;)

jason
11-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I know polygraph tests aren't 100% accurate (I think the dude on Rob and Big said they're around 95%), but it's enough for me to believe the results...

And Ranger Mom and others, they don't just ask "Did you do this" and you're done with it... I'm sure they asked him "Did you assist in the crime?"... "Did you help cover up the crime" etc... they most-likely covered every possibility in the polygraph test... most stations have to bring in (pay) a polygraph-technician (or whatever they're called)... I doubt they paid the dude/dudette for just a one-and-done session... and if they had one on staff, I'm sure they would have instructed him/her/it to ask more than one question... They covered all of the bases... I'm 95% sure ;) did you know that 95% of all statistics are made up....

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by jason
did you know that 95% of all statistics are made up....

Only 89% sure of that...

mistanice
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
I like how they bring his brother into the piece.

This article should be about Chris only not Kourtney.

mistanice
11-19-2008, 01:27 PM
The numbers don't lie, it's people who use them that do.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I like how they bring his brother into the piece.

This article should be about Chris only not Kourtney.

Ditto.... had nothing to do with his bro...

I know a lot of brothers... most are complete opposites of the other(s)

mistanice
11-19-2008, 01:29 PM

I know a lot of brothers... most are complete opposites of the other(s)

I wonder if the reporter would've mentioned anything if Kourtney was in college doing well.

Phil C
11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by jason
agreed...
sounds like his mom and dad did a fine job raising 2 upstanding citizens...

DA will not prosecute star La Vega football player

By Tommy Witherspoon | Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 04:07 PM

The McLennan County district attorney’s office will not pursue aggravated robbery charges against Christopher Dantae Parr after the former star running back for La Vega High School passed a polygraph test.

Parr, 17, was accused of robbing a 19-year-old man of his shoes and hat at gunpoint in August in the 5200 block of Concord Road in Bellmead. He was arrested by Bellmead police the day after the robbery was alleged to have occurred.

Parr, who remains free on $35,000 bond, has not played for the Pirates all season and has been attending the alternative school since shortly after his release from jail. He likely will not be eligible to play in La Vega’s second-round playoff game against Tyler Chapel Saturday in Mesquite, said his attorney, Ron Moody.

“We are just glad that the matter got resolved satisfactorily,” Moody said. “I felt all along that my client was not involved in any criminal activity.”

Assistant District Attorney Mark Parker said his office would have had trouble proving a case against Parr.

“His told his version of the events and he passed the polygraph on his version of the events,” Parker said. “That led us to believe that he was probably less culpable than what was originally believed.”

Parker said there will be a follow-up investigation based on information Parr supplied. La Vega coach Willie Williams said he is happy for Parr “as a person, not an athlete.”

“If the kid’s not guilty, I don’t see why we would continue to punish him,” Williams said. “It bothers me not just for him but for any kid that has been labeled. I can’t comment because I really don’t know a whole lot about that situation.”

Parr’s 19-year-old brother, Kourtney Deshawn Parr is serving a seven-year probationary term after pleading guilty in October to engaging in organized crime activity.

The La Vega High School graduate also was ordered to make $7,000 in restitution. He was in a group that broke into the La Vega High School field house last year and stole money that was kept inside a safe from a fund-raiser, officials have said.

Both brothers were star high school athletes.

Tribune-Herald staff writer Chad Conine contributed to this story.

LINK (http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breakingnews/entries/2008/11/18/charges_dropped_against_star_l.html)

I don't believe in the polygraph tests unless they say you are lying. I once read where they did a study on a group of people who were told to lie when they took the polygraph tests. All of them flunked the first time. Then they took a course on how to get away with lying on it and took it again under the same conditions and about 1/2 of them passed. How do we know if he didn't take that course? Oh well it is up to the DA.

eagles_victory
11-19-2008, 01:31 PM

I know a lot of brothers... most are complete opposites of the other(s) From what Ive heard that is not the case here.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I wonder if the reporter would've mentioned anything if Kourtney was in college doing well.

seeing as they were both stars on the team last year, I think they may have... I just think in this context it makes the family look bad and the school look bad for having two "bad-guys" on the team...

we've been releasing prisoners left and right due to DNA testing etc... that has proven them innocent... no one would have dreamed they didn't do the crime, but turns out they didn't... they were charged just as this young man was... Charges are charges... this happens every day and a lot of people are cleared because the truth eventually surfaces... unless you're looking for bigfoot, because we just don't know :(

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
seeing as they were both stars on the team last year, I think they may have... I just think in this context it makes the family look bad and the school look bad for having two "bad-guys" on the team...

we've been releasing prisoners left and right due to DNA testing etc... that has proven them innocent... no one would have dreamed they didn't do the crime, but turns out they didn't... they were charged just as this young man was... Charges are charges... this happens every day and a lot of people are cleared because the truth eventually surfaces... unless you're looking for bigfoot, because we just don't know :(

But it should be obvious from this post alone people aren't interested in the truth or whether or not someone is cleared.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
From what Ive heard that is not the case here.

From the Nach you're sure of this guy's guilt because of what you've heard?

If he's so like his brother, you think he may have gone and robbed the field-house along with the others? Since they're so alike?

I dunno, maybe he was off robbing someone else or something...

OldBison75
11-19-2008, 01:44 PM
I am not opposed to polygraph tests, and believe they are fairly reliable if the polygraph operator is worth his weiht in salt. I have known a number of situations where a person that is a chronic liar has beaten the test and later told others how he did it. The test relies on the body's reaction to stress while lying. If a person lies all the time, there is no stress in lying and no reactions.

As far as this case is concerned, why did it take over 90 days for the test to be administered? If the lawyer was really convinvced his client ws innocent, he should have demanded it immediately. The test takes a coupleof hours and results are almost immediate after conclusion. It is pretty interesting that the young man can now be eligible to play again when the playoffs are heating up.

What is the back that took his place going to feel like if he returns and plays. This kid has carried the load for this team all year and is now being told the "star" is back and he will paly some.

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I am not opposed to polygraph tests, and believe they are fairly reliable if the polygraph operator is worth his weiht in salt. I have known a number of situations where a person that is a chronic liar has beaten the test and later told others how he did it. The test relies on the body's reaction to stress while lying. If a person lies all the time, there is no stress in lying and no reactions.

As far as this case is concerned, why did it take over 90 days for the test to be administered? If the lawyer was really convinvced his client ws innocent, he should have demanded it immediately. The test takes a coupleof hours and results are almost immediate after conclusion. It is pretty interesting that the young man can now be eligible to play again when the playoffs are heating up.

What is the back that took his place going to feel like if he returns and plays. This kid has carried the load for this team all year and is now being told the "star" is back and he will paly some.

I must have misread the part of the article where his attorney said he did not believe he would be eligible to play.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I must have misread the part of the article where his attorney said he did not believe he would be eligible to play.

damn kep, why're you barkin' at folks?

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Not eligible THIS week...:thinking:

"He likely will not be eligible to play in La Vega’s second-round playoff game against Tyler Chapel Saturday in Mesquite, said his attorney, Ron Moody."

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
damn kep, why're you barkin' at folks?

That's what dawgs do!

Texas Cougar
11-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Chris was with Kourtney and several others that broke into the field house and stole fund raiser money. Chris was charged in juvenile court and therefore you cannot mention his name. That is why Kourtney comes into the story. Can you imagine a coach letting him play after stealing from team mates? Chris was goiing to this year until the new charges came up as he participated in both scrimmages. He spent a month in jail because his bond was too high to pay. Not because of aggravated assault, but because of probation violations. I would not be surprised if he suited up this week.

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Texas Cougar
Chris was with Kourtney and several others that broke into the field house and stole fund raiser money. Chris was charged in juvenile court and therefore you cannot mention his name. That is why Kourtney comes into the story. Can you imagine a coach letting him play after stealing from team mates? Chris was goiing to this year until the new charges came up as he participated in both scrimmages. He spent a month in jail because his bond was too high to pay. Not because of aggravated assault, but because of probation violations. I would not be surprised if he suited up this week.

I hope this young man can get his life turned around!!

Texas Cougar
11-19-2008, 02:24 PM
His father is serving life and his uncle is on death row. It is an endless cycle.