PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys could put another Quarter in the Pac Man game

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2008, 01:38 AM
Pacman hopeful of returning soon to Cowboys

By STEPHEN HAWKINS
AP Sports Writer

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Suspended Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has completed the inpatient portion of his NFL-ordered alcohol treatment and has returned to Texas, where he is hopeful of soon being able to rejoin the team.

Jones' attorney, Worrick Robinson, said the player is handing personal matters while waiting for commissioner Roger Goodell to determine if Jones will be reinstated and be able to play again this season or in the future.

"He's using this time to focus on himself and focus on his priorities, which is to stay committed to the program he started," Robinson told the AP late Tuesday night. "He's re-establishing his life in Dallas with this program being a priority."

Jones was suspended indefinitely last month for violating the league's personal conduct policy. The commissioner said then that the suspension would be a minimum of four games and that he would evaluate the situation after that time.

The fourth game was Sunday, and Jones took part in a program in the Boston area during the month while he wasn't playing.

Robinson said there has "not been any timetable for when a decision will be made by the commissioner."

Only six weeks after being reinstated from a 17-month suspension because of repeated legal problems, the cornerback was involved in an alcohol-related scuffle Oct. 7 with one of his bodyguards at a private party at an upscale Dallas hotel. The Cowboys had employed the bodyguards to try to keep Jones out of trouble.

The league said then that reinstatement would depend on strict compliance with treatment plans and an evaluation by "clinical experts."

In an interview Tuesday on the NFL Network, Goodell said he would be hearing later this week from professionals who have been evaluating Jones over the past month.

The commissioner said a decision with respect to Jones' status would be made "some time in the coming days."

Robinson said Jones will be establishing an outpatient relationship in Dallas as he continues with his program.

"He is staying true to his program, but he is also a 25-year-old young man who is a professional football player and he would like to return to his family, which is the Cowboys," Robinson said. "He and I have had several discussions that the only thing he can control is what he's doing and how he's addressing his personal issues, and the rest of that is out of his control."

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said last week that he would welcome Adam Jones back to the team if he's reinstated and didn't expect it to be a distraction if the player returned.

"No, not if he's adhering to the kind of things that he has to address," the owner said. "He was a hard worker, hard practicer and certainly contributed positively to our team. So I don't consider him a distraction."

95mustang
11-19-2008, 01:48 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Defense looked better Sunday then they have all year. Cut your losses and move on.

IHStangFan
11-19-2008, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Defense looked better Sunday then they have all year. Cut your losses and move on. AMEN...it's things like this that made me rethink being a Cowboys fan many years go. Jerry Jones and his reverse Florence Nightingale syndrome crap for these thugs and degenerates he seems to collect is ridiculous.

Farmersfan
11-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
AMEN...it's things like this that made me rethink being a Cowboys fan many years go. Jerry Jones and his reverse Florence Nightingale syndrome crap for these thugs and degenerates he seems to collect is ridiculous.

I agree! But the sad part is someone will pick him up and a talented player is a hard thing to turn away if you know he could use his talent against you in the future. What if Philly or Redskins pick him up when the cowboys cut him and he makes plays against us? If the league says he can play then he has to play for the Cowboys. Taking the "High Road" will ultimately lead to losing in the NFL........

Farmersfan
11-19-2008, 11:05 AM
AMEN...it's things like this that made me rethink being a Cowboys fan many years go. Jerry Jones and his reverse Florence Nightingale syndrome crap for these thugs and degenerates he seems to collect is ridiculous.

Those thugs and degenerates are responsible for 3 Superbowls in 4 years and will go into the hall of fame. They will always be loved by Cowboy fans. And all the while the Cowboys were getting blasted by the National Media we had stories about Farve being hooked on Vicadin and the Packers tightend having sex with High school girls being burid elsewhere. Because it was the Cowboys it was BIG news but don't think the same things weren't happening in every other sports city out there........

JasperDog94
11-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Those thugs and degenerates are responsible for 3 Superbowls in 4 years and will go into the hall of fame. They will always be loved by Cowboy fans. And all the while the Cowboys were getting blasted by the National Media we had stories about Farve being hooked on Vicadin and the Packers tightend having sex with High school girls being burid elsewhere. Because it was the Cowboys it was BIG news but don't think the same things weren't happening in every other sports city out there........ In the words of the over-hyped Stuart Scott "Boo Yah!":clap: :clap:

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Those thugs and degenerates are responsible for 3 Superbowls in 4 years and will go into the hall of fame. They will always be loved by Cowboy fans. And all the while the Cowboys were getting blasted by the National Media we had stories about Farve being hooked on Vicadin and the Packers tightend having sex with High school girls being burid elsewhere. Because it was the Cowboys it was BIG news but don't think the same things weren't happening in every other sports city out there........ THANK YOU!

Macarthur
11-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I really think there is an awful lot of attention paid to this and frankly, it's really not that big of a deal, IMO.

I still think the reward outweights the risk here.

We're talking about a very young very talented guy that might just "get it" at some point. For the risk, which I think is minimal, you get a potential pro bowl caliber 24-year old CB! I still think it's worth it.

One other thing to consider is that A. Henry looks as though he's hit the wall. He is having tons of lower body issues and isn't getting any younger. I still think Pac can be a big help to this team as they head into the final stretch.

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I think it's funny when a player gets in trouble, he is always a former Dallas Cowboy, even though he played 1 year in Dallas and just recently played several seasons with another team. :thinking:

JasperDog94
11-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I think it's funny when a player gets in trouble, he is always a former Dallas Cowboy, even though he played 1 year in Dallas and just recently played several seasons with another team. :thinking: Apparently you didn't get the memo. :D :D

IHStangFan
11-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Those thugs and degenerates are responsible for 3 Superbowls in 4 years and will go into the hall of fame. They will always be loved by Cowboy fans. And all the while the Cowboys were getting blasted by the National Media we had stories about Farve being hooked on Vicadin and the Packers tightend having sex with High school girls being burid elsewhere. Because it was the Cowboys it was BIG news but don't think the same things weren't happening in every other sports city out there........ And I was a fan during those years...it's when he ran off Jimmy Johnson and thereafter that I am referring to. That's when it all went south. Also...why would you agree then one post later totally contradict yourself? Just wondering. Thirdly......Superbowls or not....at what point do your morals and values go out the window? What kind of message does that send to kids who watch your Cowboys?? "Who cares if they break they law and don't adhere to rules...they win Superbowls and thats what's most important" :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Terrell Owens getting into any kind of trouble is big news. Earlier this year a Houston Texan player gets in trouble for choking his pregnant girlfriend. I can tell you some things about Warren Moon that most people don't know. This stuff happens to every team, sometimes it gets covered up, but usually they run with what makes the most news.

IHStangFan
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Terrell Owens getting into any kind of trouble is big news. Earlier this year a Houston Texan player gets in trouble for choking his pregnant girlfriend. I can tell you some things about Warren Moon that most people don't know. This stuff happens to every team, sometimes it gets covered up, but usually they run with what makes the most news. Exactly why I am a firm believer that children should have a role model at HOME in their parents. Too many kids today look up more to these athletes than their own parents. Granted..there are some deadbeat parents, and there are some respectable athletes..but you get my point. Pro athletes are ENTERTAINERS...not role models. Same goes for actors and such... Don't get me started....PLEASE!!

piratebg
11-19-2008, 06:12 PM
He has been reinstated and will be on the field for the Dec 7th game at Pittsburgh.

piratebg
11-19-2008, 06:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-pacmanreturns&prov=ap&type=lgns

Pacman reinstated

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer 6 minutes ago

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—The NFL is giving Adam “Pacman” Jones another chance.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wednesday the suspended cornerback has been reinstated by league commissioner Roger Goodell, but will not play this Sunday or the following game on Thanksgiving. That would peg his return for Dec. 7 at Pittsburgh.

Jerry Jones said Adam Jones could return to practice Monday. The owner said the player would have “limited participation” this week, but would not be part of full-squad practices or conditioning.

Pacman was suspended Oct. 14, a week after getting into an alcohol-related scuffle with a team-paid bodyguard. He played six games after missing the entire 2007 season for the Tennessee Titans because of repeated legal troubles.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-pacmanreturns&prov=ap&type=lgns

Pacman reinstated

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer 6 minutes ago

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—The NFL is giving Adam “Pacman” Jones another chance.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wednesday the suspended cornerback has been reinstated by league commissioner Roger Goodell, but will not play this Sunday or the following game on Thanksgiving. That would peg his return for Dec. 7 at Pittsburgh.

Jerry Jones said Adam Jones could return to practice Monday. The owner said the player would have “limited participation” this week, but would not be part of full-squad practices or conditioning.

Pacman was suspended Oct. 14, a week after getting into an alcohol-related scuffle with a team-paid bodyguard. He played six games after missing the entire 2007 season for the Tennessee Titans because of repeated legal troubles. :) thats good to hear, you can never have too many headline players on a team ;)

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2008, 06:22 PM

Isn't it a parole violation for Pac Man and Tank to be in the same huddle?

There not supposed to associate with other felons. :cool:

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?

There not supposed to associate with other felons. :cool:

Are they both felons? :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2008, 06:32 PM

There not supposed to associate with other felons. :cool: is Tank still a Cowboy :doh:

He has'nt been as good as was expected this year, but a good backup so far.

IHStangFan
11-19-2008, 06:45 PM

There not supposed to associate with other felons. :cool: LOL!! I hadn't thought of that.

Necks_Fan
11-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
He has been reinstated and will be on the field for the Dec 7th game at Pittsburgh. :doh:

What happened to all the Cowboy faithful that said he would never play another game in their uni? Some said he would never play a down in the NFL again. :doh: :clap:

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
:doh:

What happened to all the Cowboy faithful that said he would never play another game in their uni? Some said he would never play a down in the NFL again. :doh: :clap:

Are any of them named Roger Goodell or Jerry Jones?

Necks_Fan
11-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Are any of them named Roger Goodell or Jerry Jones? Doesn't matter. I see all these expert opinions and everybody agrees EXCEPT those 2 morons.

I CAN'T WAIT for the Cowboys to totally implode and for Pac to get arrested again. Boy will that make ole Rog look smart.

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Doesn't matter. I see all these expert opinions and everybody agrees EXCEPT those 2 morons.

I CAN'T WAIT for the Cowboys to totally implode and for Pac to get arrested again. Boy will that make ole Rog look smart.

Exactly. Nobody's opinion matters but those two guys!

Astrosdawg07
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
:doh:

WE could only hope lol :D

IHStangFan
11-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Exactly. Nobody's opinion matters but those two guys! yup...and that's the irony of it all, cause it's the fans that pay all of their salaries through ticket sales, merchandise, indirectly through endorsements, etc. I too am curious how long it'll take before Adam Jones steps on his own ....you know ......again and makes ole Roger look even MORE like an idiot than he already does. :1popcorn:

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 09:06 PM
yup...and that's the irony of it all, cause it's the fans that pay all of their salaries through ticket sales, merchandise, indirectly through endorsements, etc. I too am curious how long it'll take before Adam Jones steps on his own ....you know ......again and makes ole Roger look even MORE like an idiot than he already does. :1popcorn:

Yeah I'm surprised Pacman hasn't been kicked out for good!

IHStangFan
11-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah I'm surprised Pacman hasn't been kicked out for good! yeah, for as hard as Goodell came outa the gates when he took the job and how staunch he APPEARED...he sure has given this clown a lot of chances. I kinda see it as...this guy has the world by the tail, and would rather get drunk, run around w/ thugs, and run amuck......it makes me sick. I'd KILL to be in his shoes...only...I'd be intelligent enough to realize I had an opportunity afforded to me that not many have....and in his case...has been afforded to him more than once.....If I was running the show...he'd of been out a long time ago.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Those thugs and degenerates are responsible for 3 Superbowls in 4 years and will go into the hall of fame. They will always be loved by Cowboy fans. And all the while the Cowboys were getting blasted by the National Media we had stories about Farve being hooked on Vicadin and the Packers tightend having sex with High school girls being burid elsewhere. Because it was the Cowboys it was BIG news but don't think the same things weren't happening in every other sports city out there........

You are absolutely right!

I am as bad as anybody in cheering for these thugs and degenerates. I'm a huge Cowboy fan, and always will be. But there was a time not long ago when I couldn't stand T.O. Now I love the guy. Use to love Michael Irvin, but now I think he's an overpaid street thug who should be in prison. Didn't seem to bother me when he was haulin in touchdowns for the BOYS. I still brag on the superbowl champion Cowboys of the past. Point is , I have no freakin point... I'm ramblin... Again....

GO COWBOYS!!! STREET THUGS AND ALL!!!!

BullsFan
11-19-2008, 10:56 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if he can stay clean and contribute he's welcome to rejoin the team. If he can't stay clean or can't contribute, he'll be gone again in due time. And in the meanwhile, I'd be pretty unhappy if all my mistakes were fodder for the Cowboy-scandal-lovin' local media.

Diocletian
11-19-2008, 10:58 PM
I hope he brings this aggression back to the field. He was a great player/playmaker with Tenessee, and I'm sure that's why he gets a 20th chance.

on a side note: This topic reminds me of a movie called The King of Kong, A Fist Full of Quarters - one of my favorites!