PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K9 or NBA Live 2009

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Which is better?

I asked the guys at gamestop and they said they didn't know because they don't play sports games. They said they DO sell more of 2K9 though.

Which do you think is better?

DU_stud04
11-18-2008, 11:15 PM
ive played both the 2k and the live ALOT the past few years. some buddies and i would have tourneys during the week in between classes. even though i owned live05,06,07.... i always enjoyed the 2ksports better. EA sports usually seem to ride the same gaming engine for so long you're sick of it while 2k mixes it up quite well, especially in fixing the small stuff. Better in terms of graphics (especially player models and movements and also the audience), better in terms of playing modes (deeper franchise mode, more diversity), deeper playability. id state in the ea vs 2k basketball war,heck, 2k08 outplays nbalive09,2k09 is even better.

short answer. go with nba2k9

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ive played both the 2k and the live ALOT the past few years. some buddies and i would have tourneys during the week in between classes. even though i owned live05,06,07.... i always enjoyed the 2ksports better. EA sports usually seem to ride the same gaming engine for so long you're sick of it while 2k mixes it up quite well, especially in fixing the small stuff. Better in terms of graphics (especially player models and movements and also the audience), better in terms of playing modes (deeper franchise mode, more diversity), deeper playability. id state in the ea vs 2k basketball war,heck, 2k08 outplays nbalive09,2k09 is even better.

short answer. go with nba2k9 I bought 2K9 and I like it quite a bit.

Only thing I think Live has over 2K9 is graphics of individual players. Everyhting is MUCH better.

The crowd, plays, dribbling, passing, shooting, blocking shots, fouls, etc are ALL better on 2K9.

The only thing I think Live is better at besides the actual players on the court while playing, is the start menu layout, in game and franchise mode organization of menus, and the music is better.

Just about everything IN GAME is better on 2K9. I am pretty happy with my choice.

eagles_victory
11-19-2008, 01:16 PM
For some reason I just dont like basketball video games except arcade style and basketball is my tied for favorite sport I just dont like basketball games that much for some reason. Except NBA LIVE 95 and Coach K were pretty good on Sega Genisus.