How good is Lincoln?

CHS_89
11-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Pretty comfortable, but horrible gas mileage. :p

kaorder1999
11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Pretty comfortable, but horrible gas mileage. :p

Id say maybe the most underrated 4A team in the state t his year. I believe their defense has given up something like 13 pts all season. I believe two teams have scored on them. Hillcrest and Samuell. Have recorded 8 shutouts in 10 games but have 4 losses because of forfeits. I havent seen them in person but my head coach went and watched them this past weekend against SOC and said they were for real!

Now, have they been tested yet? Not really. SOC was as close as a test as they have gotten!

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Id say maybe the most underrated 4A team in the state t his year. I believe their defense has given up something like 13 pts all season. I believe two teams have scored on them. Hillcrest and Samuell. Have recorded 8 shutouts in 10 games but have 4 losses because of forfeits. I havent seen them in person but my head coach went and watched them this past weekend against SOC and said they were for real!

Now, have they been tested yet? Not really. SOC was as close as a test as they have gotten!

Do you know what kind of offense they run?

JR2004
11-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Do you know what kind of offense they run?

Just a basic spread most of the time, nothing special. Mayberry will be faster than anyone on Denison's defense and Hayes does well when they get him involved in the running game. Canyon is a pretty good QB, but his line in front of him is shaky sometimes in pass protection. I guess it's good that he can fall back on just letting it fly and have Mayberry run underneath it when things go wrong.

Lincoln's defense has been very, very good. For them to have been able to hold things together despite their head coach being replaced after the 2nd game is remarkable. I can't stand the Purple Tigers, but to have gone now ten games with only Hillcrest (30-7) and Samuell (37-6) scoring on them is impressive. We came really, really close to scoring on and beating them, but our WR dropped a wide open 30 yard TD in the 4th quarter and three plays later Bonner returned an INT for a TD and that was that. No one has played them closer than the 12-0 game we had so it's really been two months since they've been tested.

JR2004
11-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

They gave up I believe 25 yards of total offense to the Golden Bears and SOC isn't garbage.

We were the only team to really test them, (held them to just the one TD on a busted coverage in the first quarter. No one else has come close to holding their offense to a single TD.) but some of that was due to how big the rivalry is (Had Spruce kids on each team which added to it.) between the schools and also because we had the athletes to match-up with them in the secondary. If you don't have speed at QB and the skill positions, you're in trouble against Lincoln's defense. They have speed like our 2005 defense had. Battie is a game changer at end for them.

They got every single good defensive player from Spruce and it shows. They just don't give up any sustained drives at all. You have to hit 'em quick in my opinion because the more plays you run the more chances they'll have to force a TO and they've been great at doing that all season long.