PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood rumor - need confirmation (or denial)

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Ranger Mom - I heard that he will be suiting up this week. Any idea if it's true? How awesome, if it is! Walker, Greenwood Ranger! :eek:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e262/funbobby7/WalkerTexasRanger.jpg

Sweetwater Red
11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Ranger Mom - I heard that he will be suiting up this week. Any idea if it's true? How awesome, if it is! Walker, Greenwood Ranger! :eek:

Bring him on. The first time Rufus hits him, old Chuck will be
on the sideline looking for his mommy in the stands.:hand: :devil:

garciap77
11-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
on the sideline looking for his mommy in the stands.:hand: :devil:

lol
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smileyconfused.jpg

Black_Magic
11-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
on the sideline looking for his mommy in the stands.:hand: :devil: Old Chuck would "Jackie Chan" his butt.! Sit down!!

OldBison75
11-18-2008, 02:34 PM
For all you people who don't know, Chuck has a house and ranch here in Navasota. He is really an average guy, about 5-10 or shorter and maybe 190 pounds. He is a great guy and has been to some Navasota games.

BUT, as Walker, he kicks butt. With all due respect to other celebrity types, Chuck is dedicated to helping kids and gives more than anyone that you will ever see. Not just dollars, but an immense amount of time.

Great guy.

Ranger Mom
11-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
For all you people who don't know, Chuck has a house and ranch here in Navasota. He is really an average guy, about 5-10 or shorter and maybe 190 pounds. He is a great guy and has been to some Navasota games.

BUT, as Walker, he kicks butt. With all due respect to other celebrity types, Chuck is dedicated to helping kids and gives more than anyone that you will ever see. Not just dollars, but an immense amount of time.

Great guy.

And THAT is why he is a "Ranger!!":)

charlesrixey
11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
he really is great

i've met him (in celina)

and my twin bro met him in kuwait--he is a true supporter of the troops, and he a strong defender of american values

good guy:thumbsup:

bigwood33
11-18-2008, 04:30 PM
[/B] Bring him on. The first time Rufus hits him, old Chuck will be
on the sideline looking for his mommy in the stands.:hand: :devil: [/B]

Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND? You DO know that Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas! You DO know that Chuck Norris doesn't do push ups, he pushes the earth down! You DO know...

You get my drift?

STANG RED
11-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Chuck came through Sweetwater one time, but when one of our 7th grade B teamers whipped his butt, he thought it best to move on. ;)

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Chuck came through Sweetwater one time, but when one of our 7th grade B teamers whipped his butt, he thought it best to move on. ;)
I guess you should suit them up Friday if you want the Mustangs to advance. :stirpot: :stirpot: :redX:

STANG RED
11-18-2008, 05:52 PM
I guess you should suit them up Friday if you want the Mustangs to advance. :stirpot: :stirpot: :redX:

Nah, we're saving them for the following week, when we really need them.:taunt:

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 05:55 PM
That's a good idea! My "sources" tell me they're going to be pretty darn good on the basketball court! :2thumbsup

GWOOD
11-18-2008, 06:06 PM

It is true and I don't mind letting the cat out of the bag. He will be suited up for the game.

And, he has also put on his calendar to be in Sweetwater for the Week 0 game in 2009 to help them celebrate their 1000th game.

Gobbla2001
11-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Just saw Chuck last week, I sat down with him while the Ouija board asked him questions...

garciap77
11-18-2008, 08:23 PM

Yeah! Vernon is hard to beat in the playoffs!

:iagree:

ccmom
11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
That's a good idea! My "sources" tell me they're going to be pretty darn good on the basketball court! :2thumbsup :inlove: Love it!:inlove:

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
And, he has also put on his calendar to be in Sweetwater for the Week 0 game in 2009 to help them celebrate their 1000th game.
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Niiiiice!!! I love it when you talk football trash, GWOOD. :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
L :inlove: Love it!:inlove:
It was there....there was no way I was not going there. :D

STANG RED
11-19-2008, 09:47 AM
That's a good idea! My "sources" tell me they're going to be pretty darn good on the basketball court! :2thumbsup

Dont beleive your sources.

We usually suck at basketball.:(

I would say we'll finish last in the district in basketball, but I just remembered Snyder is back in the district this year. Theres at least a couple district wins right there:devil:

However, I figure they'll be getting a few weeks head start on us this year, so who knows.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Any of you want me to come play for your team? Are you guys struggling on either side of the ball? I could be your answer. For a nominal fee, I could suit up for your team. Serious inquiries only, please. :)

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Any of you want me to come play for your team? Are you guys struggling on either side of the ball? I could be your answer. For a nominal fee, I could suit up for your team. Serious inquiries only, please. :)

WOW...Gary and Chuck on the same team!!

Can you imagine the possibilities??
:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW...Gary and Chuck on the same team!!

Can you imagine the possibilities??
:D

Exactly. I'm 6'0", 210, run a 4.5, and can bring enough wood to build a house. I would probably injure most of the players on the opposing team. It would sad for them.

mustang68
11-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Be Afraid, :eek:
Be Very Afraid:rolleyes:

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 08:27 PM
ha to bad coach jackson is a dog and went back on his word cas some of his players are failing..........pretty sad......cant even be a man of his words

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by rangerfan2009
ha to bad coach jackson is a dog and went back on his word cas some of his players are failing..........pretty sad......cant even be a man of his words

I hope you know what you are talking about.

That same rumor flew around here last time we played Sweetwater on a Thursday, and that is all it was...a rumor!!

Not a single varsity player was failing!!

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I hope you know what you are talking about.

That same rumor flew around here last time we played Sweetwater on a Thursday, and that is all it was...a rumor!!

Not a single varsity player was failing!!

i do know what im talking about!!.......

i spoke with two of Greenwoods coaches

and the plan was to play at grande and coach jackson was fine with that.....

greenwood was at the game in planview as they were talking about officials coach jackson pulled coach taylor aside and said coach i have gotten some information from someone and i have to flip you for a game at shotwell.....and coach taylors reply was thats fine coach....then jackson said i would like to also flip for thursday........

if you look on sweetwaters reportcard dates on there school website they come out this friday....and if you are following me then that would mean that anyone that is failing would not be able to play friday after school is out

and i know this cas i looked at it my self.......and this is why i said sweetwater doesnt deserve it......

but thats ok greenwood will beat them with all there studs

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 08:41 PM

greenwood was at the game in planview as they were talking about officials coach jackson pulled coach taylor aside and said coach i have gotten some information from someone and i have to flip you for a game at shotwell.....and coach taylors reply was thats fine coach....then jackson said i would like to also flip for thursday........

if you look on sweetwaters reportcard dates on there school website they come out this friday....and if you are following me then that would mean that anyone that is failing would not be able to play friday after school is out

and i know this cas i looked at it my self.......and this is why i said sweetwater doesnt deserve it......

Like I said, this exact same rumor came up 3 years ago and it wasn't true!

If I was Coach Taylor and I really thought there was something going on, I wouldn't have agreed to it.

My question is this, Taylor was aware of this same rumor 3 years ago, why would he be okay with it this time??

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Like I said, this exact same rumor came up 3 years ago and it wasn't true!

If I was Coach Taylor and I really thought there was something going on, I wouldn't have agreed to it.

My question is this, Taylor was aware of this same rumor 3 years ago, why would he be okay with it this time??

you cant just not agree with it???

he said no coach we had a deal and that was at grande on friday at 7:30

and jackson said well i have to flip you for it.....so he had to do so.....and he lost.....nothing he could do

ccmom
11-19-2008, 08:45 PM

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that this poorly written post is about alleged failing grades?:thinking: I'd say this source is, questionable, at the very least.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 08:46 PM

and jackson said well i have to flip you for it.....so he had to do so.....and he lost.....nothing he could do

Did we flip for Thursday/Shotwell or Friday or Saturday/Grande?

Or was it 2 separate coin tosses??

For some reason, I was under the impression if one coach won the "venue" the other got to pick the day!

But...what do I know??

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Did we flip for Thursday/Shotwell or Friday or Saturday/Grande?

Or was it 2 separate coin tosses??

For some reason, I was under the impression if one coach won the "venue" the other got to pick the day!

But...what do I know??

no it was one toss

cas they already had grande in a locked spot because lee and abliene high lost

and that was the only spot left that friday

and the only spot left in shotwell was that thursday so they went together

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
no it was one toss

cas they already had grande in a locked spot because lee and abliene high lost

and that was the only spot left that friday

and the only spot left in shotwell was that thursday so they went together

I know that in Saturday's paper it was showing Grande and then Sunday it was showing Shotwell!

ccmom
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM

and jackson said well i have to flip you for it.....so he had to do so.....and he lost.....nothing he could do Ok, so am I understanding you to say that Jackson had originally just agreed to Grande without flipping?:confused: Uh, since that would essentially be a home game for Greenwood, that just doesn't fly with me.:rolleyes:

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I know that in Saturday's paper it was showing Grande and then Sunday it was showing Shotwell!

well from the two coaches said it was friday at grande

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Ok, so am I understanding you to say that Jackson had originally just agreed to Grande without flipping?:confused: Uh, since that would essentially be a home game for Greenwood, that just doesn't fly with me.:rolleyes:

he agreeed to it i dont understand how that doesnt fly with you??

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Ok, so am I understanding you to say that Jackson had originally just agreed to Grande without flipping?:confused: Uh, since that would essentially be a home game for Greenwood, that just doesn't fly with me.:rolleyes:

I thought that was kind of strange myself. I saw our RB's dad in the DMV Friday afternoon and he told me it was at Grande.

But later on that night I was in the chat with several Sweetwater posters and they told me they were flipping after their game was over.

So..I just figured the dad didn't what he was talking about!:)

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Isn't it ironic that the name of this thread is
"Greenwood rumor" and it started out with Chuck Norris and has come down to this??

ccmom
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
he agreeed to it i dont understand how that doesnt fly with you?? Then let me explain it....since home field advantage can play a key role in a game, I find it hard to believe that a coach would just willingly agree to hold a playoff game in the opponent's backyard out of the kindness of his heart. :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-19-2008, 09:02 PM
When did the conversation stray from being about Chuck Norris and Gary Randall?????? :mad:

ccmom
11-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Isn't it ironic that the name of this thread is
"Greenwood rumor" and it started out with Chuck Norris and has come down to this?? LOL! As a matter of fact, I was just thinking...."Where is that thread with the Chuck Norris pic?" I totally forgot it was this one.:)

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I thought that was kind of strange myself. I saw our RB's dad in the DMV Friday afternoon and he told me it was at Grande.

But later on that night I was in the chat with several Sweetwater posters and they told me they were flipping after their game was over.

So..I just figured the dad didn't what he was talking about!:)

ha i know david....he usually knows what he is talking about

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Then let me explain it....since home field advantage can play a key role in a game, I find it hard to believe that a coach would just willingly agree to hold a playoff game in the opponent's backyard out of the kindness of his heart. :rolleyes:

then why in the world would it be in the paper that they were playing in Grande???

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 09:19 PM
ha i know david....he usually knows what he is talking about

Well, evidently he did, since the paper was reporting Grande for two days....but when I heard from some of the Sweetwater people that they hadn't flipped yet, I kinda wondered!!:p

kepdawg
11-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Then let me explain it....since home field advantage can play a key role in a game, I find it hard to believe that a coach would just willingly agree to hold a playoff game in the opponent's backyard out of the kindness of his heart. :rolleyes:

Don't try to bring logic into this!

ccmom
11-19-2008, 09:21 PM
then why in the world would it be in the paper that they were playing in Grande??? I'm not questioning that it was published that way, or even that they may have originally planned to play there. What I do question is your accusation that Jackson just willingly agreed to play a Midland team IN Midland without so much as a coin flip.:rolleyes:

rangerfan2009
11-19-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm not questioning that it was published that way, or even that they may have originally planned to play there. What I do question is your accusation that Jackson just willingly agreed to play a Midland team IN Midland without so much as a coin flip.:rolleyes:

hahaha ok ok im done with this

greenwood takes it tommorw goodnight

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 09:26 PM

greenwood takes it tommorw goodnight

Thank goodness this is over with, I was starting to get uncomfortable!!

BTW....are you coming to the M&G at halftime??

You are certainly welcome to!!:)

ccmom
11-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Don't try to bring logic into this! Good point, kep! I got a little carried away there. :rolleyes: Now....back to Chuck Norris....;)

injuredinmelee
11-19-2008, 09:27 PM
what will it be like for the Rangers when they pass through Sweetwater on their way to Shotwell? Will Sweetwater put some signs up along 20?

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
what will it be like for the Rangers when they pass through Sweetwater on their way to Shotwell? Will Sweetwater put some signs up along 20?

LOL!! I never even thought about us having to go through Sweetwater!!

ccmom
11-19-2008, 09:29 PM

greenwood takes it tommorw goodnight Ok...I'll let it alone, but all you Sweetwater posters owe me for coming to your coach's defense tonight. Geez...I almost forgot which team I represent there for a minute. ;)

injuredinmelee
11-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Ok...I'll let it alone, but all you Sweetwater posters owe me for coming to your coach's defense tonight. Geez...I almost forgot which team I represent there for a minute. ;)

its alright. I love me some Mustangs too except for one week a year.

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.osceola.org/Files/Department/OsceolaOrg%5CMyLittlePony.JPG