PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Residents

Eric Cartman
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Need a little help. It's been about 3 years since I've been through Brownwood and the family and I will be coming through for a couple of days around Christmas.

My question is, Any new good eats in town? Places I should stay away from?

And I'll go ahead and ask that no one suggest Underwoods.

BreckTxLonghorn
11-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Chicken Express = $$$

Eric Cartman
11-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Love it. You can't find it south of San Antonio.:(

Anytime we head north, we have to stop at one to eat.

:D

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm not a Brownwood peep, but Humphrey Pete's is very good. Also, there's a very good Mexican food place on the North side of town on the highway. I think it might be called Garcia's, but am not positive.

There's always the Early Whataburger. You can bet on getting the football scoop there in the mornings. ;) (And yes, I AM serious.)

VWG
11-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Underwoods has been there forever, a Brownwood Icon.
Some people swear by their food, others say to bring a bottle of Pepto with you. :doh:

HM33
11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Chicken Express = $$$

I have to agree. We have one in Seguin and the tea is amazing.

Trashman
11-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm not a Brownwood peep, but Humphrey Pete's is very good. Also, there's a very good Mexican food place on the North side of town on the highway. I think it might be called Garcia's, but am not positive.

There's always the Early Whataburger. You can bet on getting the football scoop there in the mornings. ;) (And yes, I AM serious.) . Whataburger is actually in Brownwood and yes they know more about football than anybody (just ask them). The bet places to eat in Brownwood in random order are........

1. Gomez (mexican)
2. Section Hand Steak House
3. Mi Familia (mexican)
4. Chicken Express
5. Sonic
6 Whataburger
7. Taco Bell
8. Wendys
9. Kettle
10. Underwoods
11. And various choke and smoke restaurants

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
. Whataburger is actually in Brownwood and yes they know more about football than anybody (just ask them). The bet places to eat in Brownwood in random order are........

1. Gomez (mexican)
Oh, thanks! I couldn't remember the name for sure. Is that the white building down & across the street from the car dealership (is it Longhorn?)?

We were in the Whataburger a while back, early the Saturday morning after the LH/Brownwood game. There were several old codgers in there eating breakfast. All were Early folks, I think because they were wearing purple of some sort. A few sitting close to us were discussing the Early games to date & their opinions on what needed to be done to fix it. ;)

Trashman
11-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, thanks! I couldn't remember the name for sure. Is that the white building down & across the street from the car dealership (is it Longhorn?)?

If you are refering to Gomez Restaurant you are close. It is down the street and is a brown brick building with red tin roof. Best TexMex I ever had. Great salsa and chips!:D

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 10:11 PM
If you are refering to Gomez Restaurant you are close. It is down the street and is a brown brick building with red tin roof. Best TexMex I ever had. Great salsa and chips!:D :doh: :doh: Yeah.....correct restaurant but I was totally off. You'd think I'd pay better attention. We ate there once several years ago and I remember it being good.

garciap77
11-18-2008, 11:29 PM
. Whataburger is actually in Brownwood and yes they know more about football than anybody (just ask them). The bet places to eat in Brownwood in random order are........

1. Gomez (mexican)
3. Mi Familia (mexican)
4. Chicken Express
5. Sonic
6 Whataburger
7. Taco Bell
8. Wendys
9. Kettle
10. Underwoods

I never eat when I go to Brownwood. ;) I just go to the Whataburger to get some good old "Football" information.;)

P.S.
Thanks! Good information on the places to eat!:clap:

Eric Cartman
11-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the info all.

I grew up there, but like I said it's been close to 3 years since I've been there. Didn't know what was new and what was still there.

Phantom Stang
11-20-2008, 09:45 AM

1. Gomez (mexican)
3. Mi Familia (mexican)
4. Chicken Express
5. Sonic
6 Whataburger
7. Taco Bell
8. Wendys
9. Kettle
10. Underwoods
Don't y'all have a Chili's?

Trashman
11-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes we do. Food is pretty good. Not a place that I frequent so I forgot about it. :D