PDA

View Full Version : 3A Division II Champ Will Be/Play Gilmer!

Pawdaddy
11-18-2008, 09:58 AM
All of you wannabes can line up behind the Buckeyes. It will take a total team fart like at Kilgore for anyone to overcome this team. As a matter of fact, you can line up for next year as well. 75% of Buckeye starters will be back to do it again next year.

I will post condolences each week after another Buckeye win.

This week: Gilmer 54 Diboll 0 Rest in Peace!

jason
11-18-2008, 10:02 AM
just like when they had gj kinne and all those other d1 recruits, huh.....

lostaussie
11-18-2008, 10:11 AM
:doh::doh:

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
:doh::doh:

Aw c'mon, Aussie---you know you got to love it. It's the playoff time of the year. :D

3afan
11-18-2008, 10:22 AM
what ever happened to:

Originally posted by jason
... gj kinne ...

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 10:23 AM
:doh: :doh: I had to double check. For a second, I thought this was another dirty d(an)iaper thread. ;)

:wave: :wave: Hi, Pawdaddy!

kaorder1999
11-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
what ever happened to:

i believe hes at Tulsa

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Nothing like a good "hit & run" :D

kaorder1999
11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Gj Kinne (http://tulsahurricane.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kinne_gj00.html)

nobogey72
11-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
All of you wannabes can line up behind the Buckeyes. It will take a total team fart like at Kilgore for anyone to overcome this team. As a matter of fact, you can line up for next year as well. 75% of Buckeye starters will be back to do it again next year.

Damn Pawdaddy!!!!! Why don't you just jump on out there and make a prediction. :eek: :eek: I like it.

mistanice
11-18-2008, 11:06 AM

a wise man once said "Nobody recruits like Gilmer!" :cool:

lostaussie
11-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: I had to double check. For a second, I thought this was another dirty d(an)iaper thread. ;)

:wave: :wave: Hi, Pawdaddy! Dirty Dan usually show up around the quarterfinals and then dissappears soon after. As far as the prediction, we have a legitimate shot.............along with several others. To win the whole thing you have to be good and we are.............but somewhere along the way you need a little luck. Everybody, every year...........it remains to be seen if that luck will be on our side this year.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Dirty Dan usually show up around the quarterfinals and then dissappears soon after.
He posted last night. ;)

waterboy
11-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I like your confidence, Pawdaddy! I guess I'm just one of those people who don't count their chickens before they hatch, although I do count the eggs for potential.:D I will say this, I like our chances! I still say ONE GAME AT A TIME! We still have to take care of Mexia, then whoever is next, and next, etc.... There's alot of good teams out there that are just as hungry as us standing in our way. Our Buckeyes have to be mentally tougher than all of 'em, and play better than all of 'em to achieve the goals they've set for themselves. I know they can do it, but doing it is MUCH easier said than done. We shall see........and I'll definitely enjoy the ride!;) :cool:

88bobcats
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM

:hand:

I don't think Gilmer will get past West Orange - Stark.....

Runnin Panther
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
They will have to get past WOS, Carthage, Sinton or Giddings. May happen, but talk about counting their chickens before they hatch. For a moment I thought you were a Bridgeport poster with that kind of talk.:D

firstcat
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats

I don't think Gilmer will get past West Orange - Stark.....

:ditto:

Texasfootball2
11-18-2008, 11:57 AM

Pawdaddy, I love your spirit and enthusiasm. It was about this time last year that you showed up on the Downlow talking some good smack. Nobody was suppose to hang with you last year either, with all your division 1 recruits, but you barely escaped the Wylie Bulldogs (and I mean "barely") and then got spanked by Liberty Hill.

The last time I looked Wylie was still D1, but the Liberty Hill Panthers seemingly are still in your path if you plan to win it all:D .

Pawdaddy
11-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by jason
just like when they had gj kinne and all those other d1 recruits, huh.....

Exactly! The one year with GJK, Liberty-Eylau beat us in the first round and went on to win state. Last year, Libery Hill did beat us soundly, IN THE FINALS!! So yes, if you want to win it all, you have to beat Gilmer for the past couple of years.

I do not know how the WOS', Libery Hill's, and others stand with their senior classes, but Gilmer will be there next year as well.

OrangeChamps
11-18-2008, 12:13 PM
You gotta love the homers. Let's see in about 4 weeks if Pawdaddy is still posting or not. If so, then I'll entertain his enlightened predicting skills. Until then, it's just another overblown opinion.

Pawdaddy
11-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
They will have to get past WOS, Carthage, Sinton or Giddings. May happen, but talk about counting their chickens before they hatch. For a moment I thought you were a Bridgeport poster with that kind of talk.:D

Bridgeport? They are not even in the conversation. Looking at the bracket, they were lucky to get by the first round!

Daddy D 11
11-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Bridgeport? They are not even in the conversation. Looking at the bracket, they were lucky to get by the first round!
:1omg!: :1popcorn:

But....:iagree:

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
You gotta love the homers. Let's see in about 4 weeks if Pawdaddy is still posting or not. If so, then I'll entertain his enlightened predicting skills. Until then, it's just another overblown opinion.

This is pretty funny coming from someone with a grand total of 15 posts! :D

Ranger Mom
11-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I found it funny coming from someone from Celina!!

Although....this poster is new, so we can't blame THAT on him!!:)

OrangeChamps
11-18-2008, 12:29 PM

Wow coming from the master of posting himself. I am honored to have you reply to anything I have written in my short time on the downlow.

Pick6
11-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow coming from the master of posting himself. I am honored to have you reply to anything I have written in my short time on the downlow.

Himself is actually a Herself.

Pawdaddy
11-18-2008, 12:31 PM

Yeah, I will be here crowing for the Buckeyes or the team that gets by the Buckeyes. Either way, I stand by the prediction. Only time will tell.

Where will Celina be? :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Budman007
11-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Does Gilmer run the Slot-T? IMO, this will be the single determining factor as to whether they win it all or not.;)

Pawdaddy
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey, OrangeChamps... I bet you wish the Buckeyes would have to play those big bad 2A Daingerfield Tigers....Oh yeah, we already have.
:D :D :D

OrangeChamps
11-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey, OrangeChamps... I bet you wish the Buckeyes would have to play those big bad 2A Daingerfield Tigers....Oh yeah, we already have.
:D :D :D

Nah, I just wish the Buckeyes would have to play the Bobcats, then there won't be any what ifs.

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Nah, I just wish the Buckeyes would have to play the Bobcats, then there won't be any what ifs. :eek: :eek:

This makes 2 posts. ;)

What was the score the last time Gilmer & Celina played? :D Just preparing you cause that's what the Gilmer folks are fixing to remind you about! LOL

OrangeChamps
11-18-2008, 01:01 PM
:eek: :eek:

This makes 2 posts. ;)

What was the score the last time Gilmer & Celina played? :D Just preparing you cause that's what the Gilmer folks are fixing to remind you about! LOL

HAHA, yea knew that was coming. The previous year reminders are always fun. In that case, we lost to Liberty Hill two years ago by 3 points. Gilmer lost to them last year by 25 points. So obviously Celina is better than Gilmer.

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 01:02 PM
HAHA, yea knew that was coming. The previous year reminders are always fun. In that case, we lost to Liberty Hill two years ago by 3 points. Gilmer lost to them last year by 25 points. So obviously Celina is better than Gilmer. If you say so!

HM33
11-18-2008, 01:08 PM
The comparing of teams from previous years on the basis of beating other teams from that year is a dummy thing to do. BOTH teams were different and thats it.

Its fun to compare teams from year to year but not based on the teams they beat :) I ALWAYS compare Cuero's present team to my team in '04 and I find it hard not too.

DaHop72
11-18-2008, 01:14 PM
HAHA, yea knew that was coming. The previous year reminders are always fun. In that case, we lost to Liberty Hill two years ago by 3 points. Gilmer lost to them last year by 25 points. So obviously Celina is better than Gilmer. Hey Ranger Mom, with the exception of 3 posters from Celina orange sounds like the rest of those who drink the orange koolaid, he will fit right in with them. Of course, he didn't post any during the three loses. :thinking: :thinking: :devil:

lostaussie
11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by HM33
The comparing of teams from previous years on the basis of beating other teams from that year is a dummy thing to do. BOTH teams were different and thats it.

Its fun to compare teams from year to year but not based on the teams they beat :) I ALWAYS compare Cuero's present team to my team in '04 and I find it hard not too. yep you are correct........but we can compare this years Celina and Gilmer teams by virtue of the Daingerfield game...........we all know how those turnded out. that would be apples to apples:D

OrangeChamps
11-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by HM33

Its fun to compare teams from year to year but not based on the teams they beat :) I ALWAYS compare Cuero's present team to my team in '04 and I find it hard not too.

I agree totally. I think a lot of people would be interested if you could compare previous years/teams with one another. I do the exact same thing with the Bobcats and my team in '00.

As for Celina/Gilmer, I think a lot of people would be very interested to see that matchup. Granted there are some very good teams in between. Matchup two of the best programs in the state (regardless of classification) and play for state title. Win or lose, I wouldn't be complaining after a game like that. No different than LH/Celina two years ago or LH/Gilmer last year.

garciap77
11-18-2008, 01:29 PM

Rocket is that you? I didn't know you moved to Gilmer!

:D

;)

Pawdaddy
11-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

;)

No, not Rocket. You must be a lonesome Wylie alum.

wimbo_pro
11-18-2008, 03:23 PM

Oh for crying out loud...dont make me write a poem about you too...I'll do it if I have to.....

HM33
11-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Oh for crying out loud...dont make me write a poem about you too...I'll do it if I have to.....

I would like to read one :)

Pawdaddy
11-18-2008, 03:32 PM

OK! You show me yours and I will show you mine.

waterboy
11-18-2008, 04:03 PM

:D

;)
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!:D I was wondering the same thing.........and I'm from Gilmer! BTW, I don't remember going to Brownwood to recruit! Early did that!:D

firstcat
11-18-2008, 05:14 PM

DO IT!:stirpot: DO IT!:1popcorn: Do IT!:2thumbsup

BuckeyeNut
11-18-2008, 05:17 PM
The way it is looking were going to see a rematch of last years State Game. With Gilmer being much faster on the Defensive side of the ball this year. Remember Gilmer was not picked to go far this year because of all letter men that were lost.:thinking:

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats

I don't think Gilmer will get past West Orange - Stark..... yeah...I was wondering about that myself.

ccmom
11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
The way it is looking were going to see a rematch of last years State Game. With Gilmer being much faster on the Defensive side of the ball this year. Remember Gilmer was not picked to go far this year because of all letter men that were lost.:thinking: Copy, paste...save......I'm a busy girl on this thread.;)

bobcat1
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Hey Ranger Mom, with the exception of 3 posters from Celina orange sounds like the rest of those who drink the orange koolaid, he will fit right in with them. Of course, he didn't post any during the three loses. :thinking: :thinking: :devil: Hey Hey Hey! We poured your kool aid out last year! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :taunt:

DaHop72
11-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Hey Hey Hey! We poured your kool aid out last year! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :taunt: :thinking: :thinking: Did you notice "with the exception of 3?":D

wimbo_pro
11-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
DO IT!:stirpot: DO IT!:1popcorn: Do IT!:2thumbsup

OK...dang it...I WILL!!!

I am on the road right now....the minute I get back home tomorrow and can dedicate a little time to besmirching his character and all that he stands for , I assure you, I will!!!

Other than that....how you been, FirstCat????

firstcat
11-19-2008, 09:25 AM
OK...dang it...I WILL!!!

I am on the road right now....the minute I get back home tomorrow and can dedicate a little time to besmirching his character and all that he stands for , I assure you, I will!!!

Other than that....how you been, FirstCat????

Great! We're just counting the days and getting ready to RUN UP THE PURPLE on Saturday!

Orange Defense
11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I agree totally. I think a lot of people would be interested if you could compare previous years/teams with one another. I do the exact same thing with the Bobcats and my team in '00.

As for Celina/Gilmer, I think a lot of people would be very interested to see that matchup. Granted there are some very good teams in between. Matchup two of the best programs in the state (regardless of classification) and play for state title. Win or lose, I wouldn't be complaining after a game like that. No different than LH/Celina two years ago or LH/Gilmer last year.

OrangeChamp if you were on the 2000 Bobcat team then you know that was probably the BEST Team Celina ever put on the field!!! HANDS DOWN!!! or at least one of the top 3 best teams.

Keeping it REAL, I'd be surprised if the 08 Bobcats could stay with Gilmer for a Half unless things change drastically. These kids this year are very young in Varsity experience. Now if you wanna talk about next year and the year after, I feel that will be a very different story!

sundevil
11-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Wow, since other Gilmer Fans are showing up out of the blue I thought I might actually log in for a change and just not read. I admit you folks do keep me entertained all year.

I believe we have a good shot at getting past Mexia this friday. I have it on good authority that we will play WOS or Caldwell in Lufkin on Saturday. The deal has already been struck. If this game goes our way and we win then.......

We will play Carthage (this is my thinking). To hear them speak they are the second coming of the Messiah. This game will be difficult.....(not saying the previous wouldn't be to get here).

I will stop at this point but at least you all can see were my mind is taking me.

:inlove:

BuckeyeNut
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
OrangeChamp if you were on the 2000 Bobcat team then you know that was probably the BEST Team Celina ever put on the field!!! HANDS DOWN!!! or at least one of the top 3 best teams.

Keeping it REAL, I'd be surprised if the 08 Bobcats could stay with Gilmer for a Half unless things change drastically. These kids this year are very young in Varsity experience. Now if you wanna talk about next year and the year after, I feel that will be a very different story!

Buckeyes had one starter coming back on Offense and Maybe two on Defense this year. A team that wins year in and year out is not all about having the best players. The program is what keeps the wining going.

Pawdaddy
11-19-2008, 10:18 AM

Next year and the year after???? I will refer you to the first post on this thread. The Buckeyes return most of their team on both sides of the line, plus, an All-State QB returning for his senior year. There is a freshman starting as an outside LB that may be a better QB than Stump. Bottom line.....We are loaded and ready for bear, or Bobcats, or Panthers,.......:stirpot: :wave: :stirpot: :wave:

Orange Defense
11-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Next year and the year after???? I will refer you to the first post on this thread. The Buckeyes return most of their team on both sides of the line, plus, an All-State QB returning for his senior year. There is a freshman starting as an outside LB that may be a better QB than Stump. Bottom line.....We are loaded and ready for bear, or Bobcats, or Panthers,.......:stirpot: :wave: :stirpot: :wave:

Pawdaddy, your pretty cocky!!! We've seen your kind fall many times before!! Learn to win with class brother!

waterboy
11-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by sundevil
Wow, since other Gilmer Fans are showing up out of the blue I thought I might actually log in for a change and just not read. I admit you folks do keep me entertained all year.

I believe we have a good shot at getting past Mexia this friday. I have it on good authority that we will play WOS or Caldwell in Lufkin on Saturday. The deal has already been struck. If this game goes our way and we win then.......

We will play Carthage (this is my thinking). To hear them speak they are the second coming of the Messiah. This game will be difficult.....(not saying the previous wouldn't be to get here).

I will stop at this point but at least you all can see were my mind is taking me.

:inlove:
Welcome, sundevil! Nice to see you get away from the friendly confines of Smoaky! Personally, the only team I'm worried about, and the ONLY team the Buckeyes are worried about right now are the Mexia Blackcats. If and when they win that one, then they can worry about who the next team is they have to beat. All the teams you play in the playoffs have the potential to send you home early. After all, it is WIN OR GO HOME the rest of the way!

Go Buckeyes! De-fur dem Blackcats to basketball!:D

88bobcats
11-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Learn to win with class brother!

It's odd to hear that statement coming from a Celina poster.....

Daddy D 11
11-19-2008, 11:44 AM
This is cute, 2 teams going at it that both lost in state championships to LH:taunt:

I couldn't help myself, I had to:stirpot:

Pawdaddy
11-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
This is cute, 2 teams going at it that both lost in state championships to LH:taunt:

Gee, I haven't been called cute since.........well, since I was cute.
You Panthers hang in there, though, we are looking forward to a rematch.

Pawdaddy
11-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Pawdaddy, your pretty cocky!!! We've seen your kind fall many times before!! Learn to win with class brother!

I have to. I have seen your kind fall as well. Teams that are a lot better than their opposition will sometimes get beat. That is why we line up and play the game. Celina is still second tier this year. Better luck next year.

waterboy
11-19-2008, 12:28 PM

Yeah.......and the Panthers will NOT win a state championship this year!:evillol: :stirpot: :taunt:

Daddy D 11
11-19-2008, 12:29 PM
How cool would a rematch be in back to back years?!
How many times has that happened? :thinking:

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

Go Buckeyes! De-fur dem Blackcats to basketball!:D

Nice! :clap:

Pawdaddy
11-19-2008, 12:43 PM

That would be cool. I remember LH fans showing up and supporting the Panthers. Gilmer people always do. It would be a great atmosphere and as loud as a high school crowd can be in a big venue. I look forward to it.

Gilmer does seem to have a harder road to get there than LH, but IF we both survive, it will be one of the best games in a while.:clap: :clap:

waterboy
11-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I, for one, would love to see it. Alot of things can happen between now and then, though. It's a long and tough road just to get there. Not worried about next week, though, just this week and the Mexia Blackcats.:thumbsup:

waterboy
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
That would be cool. I remember LH fans showing up and supporting the Panthers. Gilmer people always do. It would be a great atmosphere and as loud as a high school crowd can be in a big venue. I look forward to it.

Gilmer does seem to have a harder road to get there than LH, but IF we both survive, it will be one of the best games in a while.:clap: :clap:
True.........but NO FLOYD CASEY!!! I wouldn't care if I never see that stadium again! Texas Stadium on the other hand would be too cool!:D First things first, though. We have a long and tough road just to get there!

Daddy D 11
11-19-2008, 01:10 PM
I personally like Floyd Casey Stadium :2thumbsup

garciap77
11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!:D I was wondering the same thing.........and I'm from Gilmer! BTW, I don't remember going to Brownwood to recruit! Early did that!:D

LOL

garciap77
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/broken-record.jpg

Pawdaddy, your pretty "Rocket"!!! I mean "Cocky"!!!

:p

HM33
11-19-2008, 01:26 PM
I personally like Floyd Casey Stadium :2thumbsup

I like that stadium despite the fact we lost there in '04. I would still play there. Just wish we had a better locker room. Smelled horrible.

easttexas3a
11-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Just remember board, not all buckeye fans share paws views.

I personally think we are very young this year, and are still not clicking on all cylindars yet on offense.

bobcat1
11-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: Did you notice "with the exception of 3?":D Yes but I played like I didn't. ;)

OrangeChamps
11-19-2008, 03:05 PM

I am extremely biased b/c of the association, but OD your absolutely right about the "best" team ever fielded. Although you could toss it up between any of the '98-'01 teams. People have opinions, but records don't lie! (Before everyone goes ape s#!% on this I'm saying it jokingly to a friend.)

Things have totally changed since those days. The program is still strong, but the attitude of the coaches and the kids has changed. Don't get me wrong, Celina has great coaches and players, but it's not the same. This is an off year, and we might lose friday night, but I believe Celina still has the ability to challenge any team in the state. Just look at the '06 season. No one gave us a chance that year, but we made it to state and lost a toss up against a very good LH team. That's just the heart and character of Celina.

Everything I've said can be said about the LH and Gilmer programs as well. They have solid programs that regardless of talent, size, or speed. And they have solid programs year in and year out. The same can be said about many teams.

OrangeChamps
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Sorry about the double-quote. I guess my inexperience on the boards is shining through (LOL p4s & rangermom)

BleedOrange
11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I never noticed your double qoute.

I never noticed your double quote.

Pawdaddy
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/broken-record.jpg

Pawdaddy, your pretty "Rocket"!!! I mean "Cocky"!!!

:p

I have been called both, but I think that is the first time I got both in the same sentence.

BuckeyeNut
11-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Week at a time!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-19-2008, 07:27 PM
I have been called both, but I think that is the first time I got both in the same sentence.

He's a Cocky Pocket Rocket!!!!

ccmom
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
He's a Cocky Pocket Rocket!!!! I am sooo not going to go there, but I expect some credit for showing restraint! :D

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Aww my jacks got axed :(

Pawdaddy
11-20-2008, 09:26 AM

My last post until after the Mexia dustup.

There once was a Bard on the Downlow...
Who promised a rhyme for his foe, so...
We waited and waited until finally stated...
WIMBO knows Buckeyes take it to State, Bro!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

OldBison75
11-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I love seeing this type of banter among "friends". But, be careful of starting to believe your own hype, because it will come back to bite you in the butt. I hope that Gilmer beats Mexia and moves on. Next week will be a new challenge. Just remember, it is better to eat turkey for Thanksgiving that it is to eat CROW.

Balcones fault
11-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I love seeing this type of banter among "friends". But, be careful of starting to believe your own hype, because it will come back to bite you in the butt. I hope that Gilmer beats Mexia and moves on. Next week will be a new challenge. Just remember, it is better to eat turkey for Thanksgiving that it is to eat CROW.

Just remember, its best not being able to plan TG or Christmas travel because your team is still alive in the playoffs.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2008, 12:45 PM
My last post until after the Mexia dustup.

There once was a Bard on the Downlow...
Who promised a rhyme for his foe, so...
We waited and waited until finally stated...
WIMBO knows Buckeyes take it to State, Bro!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sorry for the delay...that was great!!! Here ya go!

This is to the tune of "The Beverly Hillbillies"....

Come n' listen to a story 'bout the poster PawDaddy,
Talkin' real tough though he's probably just a fatty.
Claims that Gilmer's is the number one seed,
Makin' us think he's been smokin' that weed.

Panama Red, that is. Puff puff...cough cough

Well the first thing you know PawDaddy's in the stands.
Honkin' his horn and a'clappin' his hands.
Can they make the finals? He is sure that they will...
Gonna lose another to Liberty Hill.

<<<sorry about the "fatty" comment...couldn't find anything else to rhyme with PawDaddy!!!>>>>

garciap77
11-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Just remember board, not all buckeye fans share paws views.

I personally think we are very young this year, and are still not clicking on all cylindars yet on offense.

I know that! We played you last year and both fans and team were classy! I was hoping for a rematch!:(

OrangeChamps
11-20-2008, 12:57 PM
ROTF, very impressive.

garciap77
11-20-2008, 12:58 PM

LOL

garciap77
11-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

:iagree:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/EatCrow1-1.png

This might be you Pawdaddy!

;)

garciap77
11-20-2008, 01:06 PM

<<<sorry about the "fatty" comment...couldn't find anything else to rhyme with PawDaddy!!!>>>>

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smiley06_2.jpg

wimbo_pro
11-20-2008, 02:21 PM
ROTF, very impressive.

Why thank you OrangeChamps...all in good fun!

firstcat
11-20-2008, 02:24 PM

Ya'll come back now, ya hear??
Next week that is, we'll let you sit on our side!:evillol:

Great job wimpy-bro (and you know I call you that with the utmost affection)! Well worth the wait!

OrangeChamps
11-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Why thank you OrangeChamps...all in good fun!

Absolutely, I'm going to have the B.H. theme song stuck in my head all day!! Thanks.

Ranger Mom
11-20-2008, 02:38 PM

ROFL!! That is great!!!

I wrote a song to that same tune when we played (and got beat) by Merkel in the playoffs in 2003!!!

wimbo_pro
11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
ROFL!! That is great!!!

I wrote a song to that same tune when we played (and got beat) by Merkel in the playoffs in 2003!!!

Let's see it!!!

Buckeye80
11-20-2008, 09:51 PM
The bones spoke to me about the Mexia game this week and told me:

Gilmer 48
Mexia 6

I said it somewhere on here once before, and I will say it again. And listen because "daddy" has been on this year.

Reg III Finals will be Carthage vs WOS.

Gilmer is more than capable of a run to and possible win in the state championship game. I just don't see it happening this year. We have a grueling road just to get out of the region, and I think too many balls have to bounce in our favor to win it all.
I do think we will beat the Mexia Blackcats this week, and then I believe we will bow out to WOS (no disrespect to Caldwell) next week in Lufkin in an epic showdown of powerhouse teams. The Buckeyes are a very talented and athletic and very YOUNG team this year, and this experience will make them a dominant force next year!
Nobody would love another championship more than I, but I don't see it in the cards.

My opinion. :)

waterboy
11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
The bones spoke to me about the Mexia game this week and told me:

Gilmer 48
Mexia 6

I said it somewhere on here once before, and I will say it again. And listen because "daddy" has been on this year.

Reg III Finals will be Carthage vs WOS.

Gilmer is more than capable of a run to and possible win in the state championship game. I just don't see it happening this year. We have a grueling road just to get out of the region, and I think too many balls have to bounce in our favor to win it all.
I do think we will beat the Mexia Blackcats this week, and then I believe we will bow out to WOS (no disrespect to Caldwell) next week in Lufkin in an epic showdown of powerhouse teams. The Buckeyes are a very talented and athletic and very YOUNG team this year, and this experience will make them a dominant force next year!
Nobody would love another championship more than I, but I don't see it in the cards.

My opinion. :)
You might oughta get a new deck of cards.:D You're writing this team off already? You don't know squat about the Buckeyes!

I think the Buckeyes have a chance THIS year! Like you said, it is a long road and there are some very good teams standing in the way. If they do win out, it WON'T be because of luck, or by favorable bounces, they'll have EARNED it. I think this team is every bit as good as any of the teams that are left, but they are young and that could be a factor. I am impressed with the way this defense is playing this year, and I expect them to continue to impress. If you haven't noticed, the Buckeyes have gotten better in every aspect of the game since the early loss to Kilgore (9-2, 4A bi-district champs). It is my opinion that loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team. I think you'll be surprised at what this team accomplishes this year.:thumbsup:

Either way, I'm gonna enjoy the ride!:cool:

OldBison75
11-21-2008, 10:14 AM
The Buckeyes have a very good team and if they can keep their heads on straight and play with traditional intensity, they can make it to the finals and maybe be champions. They have a very tough road to get there though. WOS or Caldwell next week, probably Carthage next, and the list goes on. You can call it what you want, but evry team has to have a little luck to win a state championship. A fumble here, interception there, a good call or bad call by the refs, and even one missed block can make the difference at this level. No to mention that an injury can happen that really changes the complexion of a team.

At this stage, I think Gilmer has as good a chance to reach the finals as anybody. The key is gonna be how the kids play on the field each week. This group of young guys has the privilege of being part of a tradition rich program. They know how to win and know the committment it takes every week and every play. Hopefully they are up to that challenge.

Good luck and no matter how the rest of the playoffs go, be proud of the accomplishments you have achieved and make each week a new standard with a higher goal.

Ranger Mom
11-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Let's see it!!!

The search doesn't go back that far!! I will have to figure out some other way to find it besides digging through all my posts!!

:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
You might oughta get a new deck of cards.:D You're writing this team off already? You don't know squat about the Buckeyes!

I think the Buckeyes have a chance THIS year! Like you said, it is a long road and there are some very good teams standing in the way. If they do win out, it WON'T be because of luck, or by favorable bounces, they'll have EARNED it. I think this team is every bit as good as any of the teams that are left, but they are young and that could be a factor. I am impressed with the way this defense is playing this year, and I expect them to continue to impress. If you haven't noticed, the Buckeyes have gotten better in every aspect of the game since the early loss to Kilgore (9-2, 4A bi-district champs). It is my opinion that loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team. I think you'll be surprised at what this team accomplishes this year.:thumbsup:

Either way, I'm gonna enjoy the ride!:cool:

Trust me. He isn't given up on the Buckeyes. He is just trying to keep it real. HAHA.

That said. If the Buckeyes prove him wrong he won't even care that he was wrong, but I will take great pleasure in throwing it in his face that he was! :devil: :D

wimbo_pro
11-21-2008, 11:05 AM
You're writing this team off already? You don't know squat about the Buckeyes!
:cool:

i think Buckeye80 knows as much or more about the Buckeye's as ANY fan on this board or any oher board, and I dont think he is writing them off either. I am sure he will be the very first one to say he hopes he is wrong. Nothing wrong with a little honesty regarding opinions.

waterboy
11-21-2008, 12:10 PM
i think Buckeye80 knows as much or more about the Buckeye's as ANY fan on this board or any oher board, and I dont think he is writing them off either. I am sure he will be the very first one to say he hopes he is wrong. Nothing wrong with a little honesty regarding opinions.
Ask him how many Buckeye games he's been to. I've been to every one of 'em, except Tatum. I know most of these young men's parents and have watched them grow up in life and on the field. I think that qualifies me as someone who knows, too.:D I'm realistic, too, and I really believe this team has the capability to win it all. Don't know whether it'll happen or not, but the capability IS there this year. I know it's a hard journey just to get this far, let alone to the third, fourth, or further rounds, and it'll take a few things working their way to get there, but I ain't never gonna concede defeat until it happens on the field. These Buckeye players feel the same way.:2thumbsup I'm just gonna enjoy the ride!:D

wimbo_pro
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
but I ain't never gonna concede defeat until it happens on the field. :D

I dont blame you...I wouldnt either. i dont think Buckeye80 did either.

Buckeye80
11-22-2008, 02:28 AM
You don't know squat about the Buckeyes!

I am impressed with the way this defense is playing this year, and I expect them to continue to impress. If you haven't noticed, the Buckeyes have gotten better in every aspect of the game since the early loss to Kilgore (9-2, 4A bi-district champs).

Ok! With regards to the first statement, you have lost your damn mind!

With regards to the rest of the quote, I guess last night showed you that you may not know everything you think you know!

WOS87
11-22-2008, 03:05 AM
If Gilmer gives up 36 points to the Mustangs next week I'm thinking their season will be over.

pirate4state
11-22-2008, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Ok! With regards to the first statement, you have lost your damn mind!

With regards to the rest of the quote, I guess last night showed you that you may not know everything you think you know! ROFL! :D

Buckeye80
11-22-2008, 03:19 PM
nm