PDA

View Full Version : Seminole vs. Wylie( where are the wylie posters?

Troybuilt
11-18-2008, 09:44 AM
wylie had a harder than expected game against lubbock. Will they bounce back?

nobogey72
11-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
wylie had a harder than expected game against lubbock. Will they bounce back?

"Bounce back" after a win?????? :confused: :confused:

Estacado was a mystery team. They finished 3-8 and was one of the more "athletic" teams we have played. As far as having a lot of "pure" athletes, they had 'em. And, they were young. RB was a stud, and was a soph. Hard to figure how they lost 8 times.

ccmom
11-18-2008, 09:56 AM
So, what's Seminole's story? I haven't been able to dig up much info on them. Anyone? Anyone?:confused:

Troybuilt
11-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
"Bounce back" after a win?????? :confused: :confused:

Estacado was a mystery team. They finished 3-8 and was one of the more "athletic" teams we have played. As far as having a lot of "pure" athletes, they had 'em. And, they were young. RB was a stud, and was a soph. Hard to figure how they lost 8 times.

From what I heard wylie came out flat and was down at half. struggled with momentem db's played bad and the qb didnt play well.

question is can they get away with that type of outing against a seiminhole team. they are a mystery team too.

ASURugger
11-18-2008, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't imagine Wylie having to much of a problem with Seminole. They are your average spread team with some speed. They did play sweetwater pretty tough early in the year. From what I have been told they have two or three different backs that carry the ball for them and a pretty decent qb. However, they have been caught by the injury bug here lately and have lost a couple of starters to knee injuries. I am a Seminole alum but would definitely take Wylie by 14 in this one.

BMOC
11-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ASURugger
I wouldn't imagine Wylie having to much of a problem with Seminole. They are your average spread team with some speed. They did play sweetwater pretty tough early in the year. From what I have been told they have two or three different backs that carry the ball for them and a pretty decent qb. However, they have been caught by the injury bug here lately and have lost a couple of starters to knee injuries. I am a Seminole alum but would definitely take Wylie by 14 in this one.

After scoring 62 points against Ft. Stockton, I don't think it would be wise to overlook them, even with injuries. Apparently their offense hasn't missed a beat. I am sure that Coach Sandifer will have our boys ready to play, he and his staff do a great job of preparation every week, and I don't think this week will be any different. Should be a great game to see.

TinyTim
11-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Coaching is the edge that Wylie always has when the teams are similiar and as they become more equal in the playoffs. The intangible is always preparation and Coaching.

In football, Wylie will always have the advantage.

Wylie 24

Seminole 16

ASURugger
11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Here is a link on the Seminole - Fort Stockton game. Sure they scored 62 but this helps explain why.

http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/fort_2855___article.html/seminole_stockton.html

STANG RED
11-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
So, what's Seminole's story? I haven't been able to dig up much info on them. Anyone? Anyone?:confused:

They are a good football team. I was very impressed by them when they played Sweetwater many weeks back. Injuries may have slowed them down some since then, but they are well coached and have some good talent. If their taken lightly, they can certainly jump up and beat you.
However, after last weeks scare for Wylie, I'm guessing the coaches and the boys arent going to get caught taking someone too lightly again. So I'm looking for Wylie to win this one by 21+.

michaelp23
11-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
So I'm looking for Wylie to win this one by 21+.

Wylie rarely beats anyone by that much. Sandifer is very much against running up the score and immediately pulls the starters if he gets up by more than 14. Besides, Wylie has tended to play down (or up) to its competition this year. Against the better teams (LH, LaVega, S-water, etc.) they've played top level football. But against less talented teams they tend to play down to their level and make it closer than it needs to be.

I'll go with Wylie by 13.

;)