PDA

View Full Version : What's with playoff teams

Necks_Fan
11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
playing at their home stadium.... or even in the home town?

I've seen it all over the state this year.

navscanmaster
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
playing at their home stadium.... or even in the home town?

I've seen it all over the state this year.

I am definitely not a fan of it myself. But you have some teams that have a home away from home also. Like Gilmer playing at Rose Stadium in Tyler, or Navasota at Buddy Moorhead in Conroe.

WOS1
11-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Moorehead is a "home away from home" for WOS as well.:D

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Well in the playoffs there are some teams that have played alot of games and that means more places for them to play where they are comfortable. Celina likes
Texas Stadium, Pennington field, to name a couple.

WylieBulldog92
11-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Moorehead is a "home away from home" for WOS as well.:D
HEHEhe

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 11:05 PM
I think we flipped "home for home"....Midland Grande for Abilene Shotwell!

mustang68
11-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think we flipped "home for home"....Midland Grande for Abilene Shotwell!

Also Thursday/Saturday I heard.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Burnet flipped home & home with SM 2-3 years ago. They won & played in Burnet.

Buckeye80
11-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I am definitely not a fan of it myself. But you have some teams that have a home away from home also. Like Gilmer playing at Rose Stadium in Tyler, or Navasota at Buddy Moorhead in Conroe.

Ahem! It's actually Earl Campbell Field at Trinity Mother Francis Rose Stadium in Tyler. And it's more like a "summer home"!:D

Looking4number8
11-18-2008, 08:42 AM
two years ago when Brownwood made to the Quarterfinals, we flipped home and home against both Ennis and Lake Dallas and won both flips. We had two playoff games here in Brownwood that year. The Quarterfinal game was against Waco High and fans were hoping for another but coaches agreed on Baylor stadium in Waco.

And to make this merge with a previous thread. Waco High enrollment was almost twice ours, we played in there backyard and Brownwood had at least twice the fans in the stands.

charlesrixey
11-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

or texas stadium and pennington for celina :)