PDA

View Full Version : Navasota's Regular Season updated statistics

navscanmaster
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
In case anybody was wondering, here are the nine-game regular season statistics. They have not yet played a playoff game.

PASSING
J. Stokes: 101/156 (64.7%) - 1864 yds (207.1 ypg), 19 TD, 3 INT
G. Lamascus: 1/1 (100%) - 35 yds (3.4 ypg), 0 TD, 0 INT
B. Jackson: 1/1 (100%) - 31 yds (3.1 ypg), 0 TD, 0 INT

RUSHING
D. Pratt: 147-1100 yds. (7.48 ypc, 122.2 ypg), 16 TD
J. Stokes: 117-526 yds. (4.50 ypc, 58.4 ypg), 10 TD
K. Jones: 9-61 yds. (6.78 ypc, 15.3 ypg), 2 TD
J. Whitfield: 8-80 yds. (10 ypc, 8.9 ypg)
G. Lamascus: 4-58 yds. (14.5 ypc, 6.4 ypg), 1 TD
K. Hildreth: 2-18 yds. (9 ypc, 2 ypg)
D. Hadley: 2-15 yds. (7.5 ypc, 1.7 ypg)

RECEIVING
B. Jackson: 33-823 yds. (24.9 ypc, 91.4 ypg), 13 TD
G. Lamascus: 29-465 yds. (16.0 ypc, 51.7 ypg), 3 TD
A. Harris: 16-254 yds. (15.9 ypc, 28.2 ypg), 3 TD
D. Pratt: 12-264 yds. (22 ypc, 29.3 ypg) , 1 TD
K. Castillo: 6-69 yds. (11.5 ypc, 17.3 ypg)
M. Spriggs: 2-11 yds.
D. Hadley: 1-19 yds.
M. Mattern: 1-15 yds.
T. Sweed: 1-7 yds.
W. Abke: 1-7 yds.
K. Nelms: 1-5 yds.

Looking at it, it really seems like they have not been explosive at all. But even with the good but modest numbers they are putting up, they are still racking up over 400 yards per game. I hope Dexter can get 225 per game over the next few weeks to match his 2000 yard performance of last season, which was, surprise, in 13 games. Navasota went 9-4 last year, so maybe he isn't doing too bad after all. If Navasota can somehow win out and claim a state championship, they will have only played 13 games due to Ike and a first round bye.

Necks_Fan
11-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Looking at it, it really seems like they have not been explosive at all. I hope anyone who thinks this Rattlers offense is not explosive gets a chance to see them this season.

That Offense is DYNAMIC and can absolutely KILL you through the air OR ground.

I don't see a team stopping them all year.

Only way to beat them is outscore them IMO.

Stop the run...... get burned by Stokes.

Play back a little.... and get ate up by Pratt.

And don't ever play lax coverage on Jackson. When I say big play threat.... I mean BIG PLAY THREAT!

dachosenone
11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Ike is most of the reason but I sinced a little fear in the heart of the Rattlers. They were vulnerable that week ie. no lights, school, etc. I don't know the details but I think the coach didn't want to take the chance of losing to the BRAHMAS.

navscanmaster
11-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
Ike is most of the reason but I sinced a little fear in the heart of the Rattlers. They were vulnerable that week ie. no lights, school, etc. I don't know the details but I think the coach didn't want to take the chance of losing to the BRAHMAS.

Argument dead in the water. He also cancelled the Hearne game. You don't think he was scared of Hearne, do you? Good one though. Remember Sealy.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2008, 12:09 AM

Come on now. Scared of Bellville. Has Navasota ever been scared of Bellville? NOT. Let's see, Sealy put up 22 on that so call top notch defense of the Brahmas. IMO, Navasota would have put up atleast 45. LOL.

Focus more on La Vernia. That is who Bellville should be afraid of. :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2008, 12:10 AM
In case anybody was wondering, here are the nine-game regular season statistics. They have not yet played a playoff game.

PASSING
J. Stokes: 101/156 (64.7%) - 1864 yds (207.1 ypg), 19 TD, 3 INT
G. Lamascus: 1/1 (100%) - 35 yds (3.4 ypg), 0 TD, 0 INT
B. Jackson: 1/1 (100%) - 31 yds (3.1 ypg), 0 TD, 0 INT

RUSHING
D. Pratt: 147-1100 yds. (7.48 ypc, 122.2 ypg), 16 TD
J. Stokes: 117-526 yds. (4.50 ypc, 58.4 ypg), 10 TD
K. Jones: 9-61 yds. (6.78 ypc, 15.3 ypg), 2 TD
J. Whitfield: 8-80 yds. (10 ypc, 8.9 ypg)
G. Lamascus: 4-58 yds. (14.5 ypc, 6.4 ypg), 1 TD
K. Hildreth: 2-18 yds. (9 ypc, 2 ypg)
D. Hadley: 2-15 yds. (7.5 ypc, 1.7 ypg)

RECEIVING
B. Jackson: 33-823 yds. (24.9 ypc, 91.4 ypg), 13 TD
G. Lamascus: 29-465 yds. (16.0 ypc, 51.7 ypg), 3 TD
A. Harris: 16-254 yds. (15.9 ypc, 28.2 ypg), 3 TD
D. Pratt: 12-264 yds. (22 ypc, 29.3 ypg) , 1 TD
K. Castillo: 6-69 yds. (11.5 ypc, 17.3 ypg)
M. Spriggs: 2-11 yds.
D. Hadley: 1-19 yds.
M. Mattern: 1-15 yds.
T. Sweed: 1-7 yds.
W. Abke: 1-7 yds.
K. Nelms: 1-5 yds.

Looking at it, it really seems like they have not been explosive at all. But even with the good but modest numbers they are putting up, they are still racking up over 400 yards per game. I hope Dexter can get 225 per game over the next few weeks to match his 2000 yard performance of last season, which was, surprise, in 13 games. Navasota went 9-4 last year, so maybe he isn't doing too bad after all. If Navasota can somehow win out and claim a state championship, they will have only played 13 games due to Ike and a first round bye.

Good Stuff Paul!:clap:

bigYoe
11-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Yes Navasota has a very explosive offense, I got to see it first-hand. MANY threats on the field and can basically get the ball to anyone and make plays. Good luck you guys in the playoffs. I know you guys will represent 24-3A very well. Good luck Rattlers

PVAMU04
11-18-2008, 10:01 AM

Both coaches agreed to cancelled this game do to the hurricane and lack of player turn out at practice. Not say that anyone was scared but it was best do to the situation.

STAggie
11-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Most dynamic offense in the state. Its funny so many people saying Pratt is having a down year yet he is still getting over 7 yards a carry and 120 yards a game. I don't see anyone stopping Navasota. When you play them you have to pick your poison. Let them get theirs on the ground or in the air, cause you can't stop both.

OldBison75
11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Believe me, the Rattler are scared of NO ONE, especially not a team that lost to Sealy on their own field in a game that could have made them undefeated. Granted, Navasota played Sealy at a bad time for Sealy, with Downey out and other issues, but Navasota dominated that game and won 35-0. In reality, most Navasota fans and players were more upset about not playing Bellville than you will ever believe. This years Rattlers know that to be the best you have to beat the best. Yeah, I know already that you whipped Caldwell in the first game and that Navasota had a tough battle that came down to a final stop against the same team late in the season. BIG DEAL. I bet that if you end up having to play Caldwell at some point in the playoffs, they will remember that game and you will not be as lucky.

It's easy to call us scared since you won't have any opportunity to play us this year, but I have highlighted this post on my computer to remind all of what you said when next year rolls around. GREAT BULLETIN BOARD (or in this case "BORED") MATERIAL.

venomous tat2
11-18-2008, 04:16 PM

Bellville has a history of catching good teams when they are down
most recent memory is Rice Consol They were rolling untill those
kids had that accident in front of the school , and that was a dist game so they had to play. We were wishing they would go D-1
so we might have a chance to play if we both got that far the but it's dead in the water now .

Maybe they lost to Sealy on purpose to go D-II :doh: I'm just playin lol :D ( huey would never in a million years do that ! )

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2

Maybe they lost to Sealy on purpose to go D-II :doh: I'm just playin lol :D ( huey would never in a million years do that ! )
LOL! :evillol: :evillol: :stirpot:

How's it going, vtat2? :)

venomous tat2
11-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Everything is going A-OK !! how's things in Panther land

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Good so far! Best of luck to the Rattlers this week!

augie97
11-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Only one team even came close to slowing you guys down...the Rock. If we just could have contained Stokes. Out of all the stars on the team he is the one that ate our lunch. If I am not mistaken he had 200 and 200. He was key. Good Luck Rattlers

dachosenone
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
You know if anyone lost the Sealy game it was the coaches b/c MOST of the kids played lights out all night. The coaches were way to conservative in the second half, and turnovers lost the game for us. Both on their side of the field, actually inside the 40yd line. I guess you smart guys forgot DOWNEY # 5 didn't play against you guys. He may have not made a difference (vs. Bellville 29 att 80 yds) but the final drive he had 6 att 45 yds. I admit we had a letdown on Halloween Fri Oct 31 against our rival. IMO it was better then rather than later.

I heard the stories about the kids not showing up but OH well. I'm a football fan and want to see to good teams play. Also you can never compare to teams by who they won & lost team cause emotion plays a big part in FOOTBALL. DUH!

As far as next year the rattlers don't stand a chance. Nastysota loses to much firepower & Bellville returns alot of starters.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2008, 10:37 PM
You know if anyone lost the Sealy game it was the coaches b/c MOST of the kids played lights out all night. The coaches were way to conservative in the second half, and turnovers lost the game for us. Both on their side of the field, actually inside the 40yd line. I guess you smart guys forgot DOWNEY # 5 didn't play against you guys. He may have not made a difference (vs. Bellville 29 att 80 yds) but the final drive he had 6 att 45 yds. I admit we had a letdown on Halloween Fri Oct 31 against our rival. IMO it was better then rather than later.

I heard the stories about the kids not showing up but OH well. I'm a football fan and want to see to good teams play. Also you can never compare to teams by who they won & lost team cause emotion plays a big part in FOOTBALL. DUH!

As far as next year the rattlers don't stand a chance. Nastysota loses to much firepower & Bellville returns alot of starters.

Balogny!!!!The team lost the game. It goes to show you that Bellville wasn't the #1, #2, #3 team that many of the Brahma following believed. I give credit when credit is due. I saw Sealy play with and without Downey. Are they a better team with him, yes. But, Sealy didn't impress me when #5 was in the line up. Also smart guy, that #5, Downey, doesn't play on defense. And guess what, Sealy had no answer for the Rattler offense. BTW, the Rattler JV went 8-0-1....Take a look at the Rattler roster. There are alot of Jr's and sophomores who will return next year.

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Well smart guy, that #5, Downey, doesn't play on defense. And guess what, Sealy had no answer for the Rattler offense. BTW, the Rattler JV went 8-0-1....Take a look at the Rattler roster. There are alot of Jr's and sophomores who will return next year. Sealy had no answer defensively. It's true.

The Rattlers could have had the Tigers 35-0 at half, much less the end of the game.

Was a one sided game by all accounts.

I will say that Sealy is MUCH better now, though.

Bellville should be worried about LV, because when they lose this week, they will have plenty of chances to see the Rattlers as they MOVE ON to the next round. :)

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by augie97
Only one team even came close to slowing you guys down...the Rock. If we just could have contained Stokes. Out of all the stars on the team he is the one that ate our lunch. If I am not mistaken he had 200 and 200. He was key. Good Luck Rattlers

True.

navscanmaster
11-19-2008, 12:18 AM

Truth be told, this thread has nothing to do with Bellville. If you have enjoyed stirring the pot, let's move on, shall we. As far as Navasota losing a lot of fire power, the returning roster should feature 4 offensive, 8 defensive. As HEMOTOXIC pointed out, the JV went 8-0-1, and the 8th graders went 7-1, and many have said that they would manhandle the freshmen. The 7th White team went 6-1-1. Both were district champs at the JH level. I don't see anything really dropping off talent and team play wise. The defense is leaps and bounds tougher than last season, and 8 of them are coming back, with only one starter each missing from each level (DB, LB, DL). QB will be a battle, with Hildreth, Hadley, and Day all competing. Kesnick Jones is already a capable starter at RB, and most of the O-Line will be back.

dachosenone
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
As far as Navasota losing a lot of fire power, the returning roster should feature 4 offensive, 8 defensive. As HEMOTOXIC pointed out, the JV went 8-0-1, and the 8th graders went 7-1, and many have said that they would manhandle the freshmen. The 7th White team went 6-1-1. Both were district champs at the JH level. I don't see anything really dropping off talent and team play wise. The defense is leaps and bounds tougher than last season, and 8 of them are coming back, with only one starter each missing from each level (DB, LB, DL). QB will be a battle, with Hildreth, Hadley, and Day all competing. Kesnick Jones is already a capable starter at RB, and most of the O-Line will be back.

Pretty impressive records but I'm not sure how many of are teams played each other on the sub-varsity level. Looks like about the same number of guys returning on both teams. 4 Offense 7 Defense. IMO, also we have guys on both sides that are back-ups who should be starting at their position.

Next year will be interesting!

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Can't argue with the explosiveness of the Rattle offense. I always heard that championships are won with defense. I think the Navasota offense will take them a long way, but there will be a game that their defense will have to decide the outcome.

Navasota was involved in a couple of close games that could of went the other way. Caldwell failed at a 2 point conversion that could of gave the Rattlers a loss. Statistically, the Hornets probably won that game. Some nights teams don't play especially well or maybe the turnover bug bites. There will be times where good teams lose and sometimes they win games they probably should of lost. IMO, Bellville shouldn't of lost the Sealy game, but they were very lucky to win the Columbus game. I didn't see the Navasota/Caldwell game, but was told the Rattlers were fortunate to come away with the win.

Good luck in the playoffs!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Can't argue with the explosiveness of the Rattle offense. I always heard that championships are won with defense. I think the Navasota offense will take them a long way, but there will be a game that their defense will have to decide the outcome.

Navasota was involved in a couple of close games that could of went the other way. Caldwell failed at a 2 point conversion that could of gave the Rattlers a loss. Statistically, the Hornets probably won that game. Some nights teams don't play especially well or maybe the turnover bug bites. There will be times where good teams lose and sometimes they win games they probably should of lost. IMO, Bellville shouldn't of lost the Sealy game, but they were very lucky to win the Columbus game. I didn't see the Navasota/Caldwell game, but was told the Rattlers were fortunate to come away with the win.

Good luck in the playoffs!!

Caldwell got up early 21-7. Navasota's defense stepped up in the second half only allowing Caldwell to score 6 points. Those 6 points came on that touchdown with 20+ seconds to go in the game.

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 01:10 PM
There will be teams in the playoffs with very good offenses. Some games may be decided by the team last holding the ball, a turnover or a defensive stand. Take a look at the Tech/Texas game, Tech has the ball last and comes away with the victory. If the Texas defense makes a stand or comes away with the INT, they win the game. I know the Rattlers can move the ball, but their defense will be called upon to win the championship.

dachosenone
11-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Can't argue with the explosiveness of the Rattle offense. I always heard that championships are won with defense.

Some nights teams don't play especially well or maybe the turnover bug bites. There will be times where good teams lose and sometimes they win games they probably should of lost. IMO, Bellville shouldn't of lost the Sealy game, but they were very lucky to win the Columbus game.

Against Sealy the turnovers finally came back to hurt us. In the previous games we turned the ball over numerous times but were able to over come them.

You can never compare teams Wins/Losses against one opponent to another teams Win/Loss vs them, otherwise I would constantly bring up the Caldwell game. This is hard not to do but until you lineup vs each other its just what if.

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2008, 01:18 PM
There will be teams in the playoffs with very good offenses. Some games may be decided by the team last holding the ball, a turnover or a defensive stand. Take a look at the Tech/Texas game, Tech has the ball last and comes away with the victory. If the Texas defense makes a stand or comes away with the INT, they win the game. I know the Rattlers can move the ball, but their defense will be called upon to win the championship.

I hear ya. So far, I think that the defense has done a good job thus far. But, we shall see...Good Luck to the Brahmas. It should be a great game.

dachosenone
11-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Good luck to you guys as well. Maybe I can catch a game. Should this week but the Sealy/Cuero match up is to interesting.

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 01:29 PM
If not for George Jones being in town, I might be at the Sealy/Cuero game. Hopefully, I too will be able to come support the Rattlers in a future playoff game. Best of luck guys, I always enjoy your posts and knowledge of the game. :)

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2008, 02:50 PM
If not for George Jones being in town, I might be at the Sealy/Cuero game. Hopefully, I too will be able to come support the Rattlers in a future playoff game. Best of luck guys, I always enjoy your posts and knowledge of the game. :)

Do ya'll really think that the Cuero/ Sealy game will be a good one? I was really surprised when Sealy beat Bellville. I bet that they counldn't do it again, LOL. Anyways, I think Cuero will win in a conviencing manner.

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
For me, El Campo is closer than Huntsville. I have never seen Cuero and I don't think Navasota will have any problems winning their game. I'm curious and hoping that Sealy can play Cuero a competitive game. That would be my reasons, but I do have other plans.

In the eyes of most Navasota fans, don't be too quick to judge the Tigers on that one game. Last season, they started off the season losing 35-7, but ended up playing Giddings a very close game in the playoffs.

venomous tat2
11-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I was at that Sealy / Giddings game and you're right about it being close I think the mistakes Sealy made on offense cost them the game there were a lot of 2nd and 15 , 3rd and 12's but they would get most of it back and I was saying to myself if they would move the ball on 1st & 2nd downs like they did on 3rd downs
they would have had a chance to win . After the 1st quater i was saying Damm they are fast . Don't know what happen this year though . GOOD LUCK D-25 GO GET'EM :D

dachosenone
11-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't know if it will be close but I agree with bullseye on seeing them play another tough team.

Its about the same amount of drive time from where I'm at, so I have to check with the boys on this one.

OldBison75
11-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Just a little more reflective breakdown on the stats as posted:

64.7% pass completion percentage for an average of 12.37 yards per completion. The 19 touchdowns in 103 completitions translates to a touchdown scored on every 5th or 6th completition. The 3 interceptions translates to one interception per every 56 pass attempts.

289 carries for 1858 yards means an average of 6.43 yards per run. 29 touchdowns in 289 rushes means a touchdown about every 10 running plays.

When you combine stats, the Rattlers had 445 offensive snaps for 3788 yards or 8.5 yards per offensive sanp for the year.

Navasota scored a touchdown on an average of every 9.6 offensive snaps for the season.

When you count drives stopped by penalties, turnovers, or the defense---to still score every 10 plays on average for the year is damned impressive. I would be willing to bet that most drives were no more than 5 plays long.

navscanmaster
11-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Just a little more reflective breakdown on the stats as posted:

64.7% pass completion percentage for an average of 12.37 yards per completion. The 19 touchdowns in 103 completitions translates to a touchdown scored on every 5th or 6th completition. The 3 interceptions translates to one interception per every 56 pass attempts.

289 carries for 1858 yards means an average of 6.43 yards per run. 29 touchdowns in 289 rushes means a touchdown about every 10 running plays.

When you combine stats, the Rattlers had 445 offensive snaps for 3788 yards or 8.5 yards per offensive sanp for the year.

Navasota scored a touchdown on an average of every 9.6 offensive snaps for the season.

When you count drives stopped by penalties, turnovers, or the defense---to still score every 10 plays on average for the year is damned impressive. I would be willing to bet that most drives were no more than 5 plays long.

Dang, whose TI-82 did you whip out? Good work, OldBison75, good work!!:clap: :D :clap:

OldBison75
11-20-2008, 11:10 PM
I may be old but I can do my times and guzintos. I had to line up a bunch of people to count and remove, divide and multiply toes and fingers. I wish I knew what a Ti-82 was, maybe it's a new airplane.

When I saw the number of passes and rushes and total touchdowns, I immediately realized the numbers said something special and started figuring.

I may not know much, but I am still your elder Navscanmaster.